Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Melee

how good do you think you are at this game.rate yourself out of 10(and please be truthful)

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 33 of 35
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | Last     Previous | Next
Cylun Posted at: 01:55 Aug13 2005 Post ID: 337900
Cylun
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
IMO, anyone who claims to be 10/10 is actualy 5/10 or less. There are exceptions(ken, azen, isai). I still think its impossible for humans to attain 10/10 without ar frame by frame.
I am Cylun. May your life be easy and your future ripe.
Kazooie luver 555 Posted at: 02:18 Aug13 2005 Post ID: 337912
Kazooie luver 555
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I am probably a 7.
Leader of Team Kazooie,Join Team Firestorm,Join Team Kazooie!Friends:Rooku,Apphonx, and Oblivian Groudon.Best Friends:pyromaniac5,Sephirothdw4,Drakkon,and Joshgt3.Jon Team Shadow!Join Team Hedgehog!I AM THE BIGGEST TAILS FAN EVER!
t0ms0nic Posted at: 13:36 Aug13 2005 Post ID: 338821
t0ms0nic
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Im balanced at the game,im good with any sort of character,and can cause pretty easy KO's with even the weakest character. 8/10
Cleaning up the cobwebs and un-covering a old Legend... t0ms0nic, thy name is Stupid. Approach with 50 foot long (advised more) poking stick. http://i1.tinypic.com/s3fpqa.gif = My Sprites. Don't use without permission from me. MSN me at [email protected]
Cylun Posted at: 16:07 Aug13 2005 Post ID: 339205
Cylun
Forum GuestMember
+
+
IMO, you have to have won majorly acclaimed tournaments to be 8/10 or higher. you need to be able to produce jaw-dropping videos that blow the minds of even meta-level players to be 9, and you have to have a perfect reaction speed and a 3(is that even possible?) minute btt total to be 10.
I am Cylun. May your life be easy and your future ripe.
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 19:42 Aug13 2005 Post ID: 339643
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
lol, here's my rating scale

10 - tippity top level players (ken, masashi, sastopher, cj, chu)
9 - excellent players, always place well in tournaments (krazyjones, isai, darkrain)
8 - solid tourney players, usually place pretty well in tournaments (eddie [edging on 9], wife, husband, etc.)
7 - decent tourney players, sometimes place well in tourneys (regional players, like AOB)
6 - OK players, can compete with higher-levelled players but don't usually do all that well
5 - average players, with a solid grasp of the game mechanics but not very proficient
4 - mediocre players, OK grasp of game mechanics but still has a lot to learn
3 - poor players, mostly people that have just recently been introduced to high-level techniques and strategies and lack proficiency with them
2 - most players, who are not knowledgeable of high-level techniques and only have a cursory knowledge of the game mechanics, and usually little to no knowledge about characters outside their main
1 - beginning players, who are just starting to play Melee and don't know how to play at all (but, with experience from other games, can perform simple, intuitive feats)
0 - people that don't know how to do anything gamewise
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
TobiasXelKythe Posted at: 19:44 Aug13 2005 Post ID: 339650
TobiasXelKythe
+
+
Yea, that looks alot like mine as well, although I have 5 as the masses of average competitive smashers, meaning proficient with advanced techs and whatnot but not experienced enough to be superior.
LUIGI'S GAME IS STEPPING UP [ www.freewebs.com/tobiasxk/LuigiFAQ.txt ]
nevake Posted at: 19:57 Aug13 2005 Post ID: 339669
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Don't underate yourself Toby :(

I'm not too good...I can do waveshine combos and like 5 or more stringed infinites and things, but thats mechanically with my fingers, but mindgame wise, I make a lot of mistakes, and that costs me a lot with fox. I'd rate myself a 5 or a little below on that scale, and I think Toby should be more than 5.
ritt.no-ip.com
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 19:59 Aug13 2005 Post ID: 339671
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
well that's pretty much what I have - average players are proficient enough in advanced techniques but whose play has lots of flaws.

I'd say the non-GameFAQers in the topic would be 2's or maybe 3's, and the GameFAQers would range from 4 to 6 (cunning would be a 7, but he no longer comes)

a 3 can also designate somebody who is really good for a scrub. those people are rare though, and I've only met one scrub I'd consider for that rating.
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
nevake Posted at: 21:19 Aug13 2005 Post ID: 339818
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Watching Cunning's vids, I'd rate him higher...such a pressurizing and offensive play style...his vids convinced me (along with MoFo and a few others, but mainly him) to pick up fox in the first place :*.
ritt.no-ip.com
gamemasterforlife Posted at: 21:27 Aug13 2005 Post ID: 339833
gamemasterforlife
+
+
on the rate from 1/10 i give myself a ten I never lost a match not even to my friends and i barely lose 2 to 3 lives on any mode
Yo its GMFL and I'm back for sure....Nothing changed about me

Join Team Legends
Join Team Solarbeam(3)
Join Team Ozzo
Join Team Ultimate Revenge 2!: The Rogue Legion ((((((((Ally team needs help!))))))))
nevake Posted at: 21:35 Aug13 2005 Post ID: 339859
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Nobody reads any of the posts above :(
ritt.no-ip.com
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 21:51 Aug13 2005 Post ID: 339887
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
meh. fox also has a way of looking impressive (except mine - mew2king says that watching my fox makes his worse. although it isn't as bad now as it was in april). i haven't seen cunning's tourney success though, and that's the most obvious indicator.
nevake Posted at: 21:55 Aug13 2005 Post ID: 339895
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Mew2King's Fox does the same to me :*. He's not as great as he suggests most of the time IMO. How do you upload a video onto your computer? The only way I could think of is digital camera, but you record it on your VCR, but how do you get it on your comp?
ritt.no-ip.com
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 22:05 Aug13 2005 Post ID: 339923
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
meh, i don't have so much of a problem with mew2king's fox (which isn't all that impressive, but is improving quickly) as i do with his attitude about melee. he acts like the statistics in his huge list encompass character strengths and weaknesses, where his only stats that really matter much are falling speed, weight, running speed and sidestep speed (and grab range, because i helped make it ^^). it says nothing about the individual attacks, which are much more important in general.
nevake Posted at: 23:00 Aug13 2005 Post ID: 340042
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 13-Aug-2005 Mask-o-Sheik said:meh, i don't have so much of a problem with mew2king's fox (which isn't all that impressive, but is improving quickly) as i do with his attitude about melee. he acts like the statistics in his huge list encompass character strengths and weaknesses, where his only stats that really matter much are falling speed, weight, running speed and sidestep speed (and grab range, because i helped make it ^^). it says nothing about the individual attacks, which are much more important in general.
agreed
ritt.no-ip.com
WarriorofZarona Posted at: 23:26 Aug13 2005 Post ID: 340079
WarriorofZarona
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Dude, I was Mew2King's FIRST human competition. You should have seen him then. I pwned him so many times. -_-

Oh my god, all he ever did was spout numbers while we were playing! I saw a sock on a floor and I wanted to stuff it in his mouth.

True story: Ryoko brought M2K to a friend's house while we were having a smashfest. That night, Ryoko ended up having to go home alone, but M2K didn't know how to take a train. He ended up getting lost that night and didn't get home 2-3 hours after he left.

I had to talk to his mother on the phone. *shakes his head*
DaRkNeSsOfHeArT Posted at: 01:36 Aug14 2005 Post ID: 340349
DaRkNeSsOfHeArT
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Mew2King doesn't have friends. Seriously. And he's a crack baby.
TobiasXelKythe Posted at: 12:56 Aug14 2005 Post ID: 341027
TobiasXelKythe
+
+
On 13-Aug-2005 nevake said:Don't underate yourself Toby :(

I'm not too good...I can do waveshine combos and like 5 or more stringed infinites and things, but thats mechanically with my fingers, but mindgame wise, I make a lot of mistakes, and that costs me a lot with fox. I'd rate myself a 5 or a little below on that scale, and I think Toby should be more than 5.
Heh. Well thanks for the vote of confidence, but people at GF know that my tourney record is nonexistant on account of my availability ALWAYS being shot to hell. I do honsetly think that if I managed to make it to Smashex or MO4ST or some'n that I would do quite well in the next tourney, but I lack experience. I play a handful of good players, but that's it. My tech skill is there, as is my knowledge of the game and my character, Luigi. But mindgames and experience are what separate the good from the decent, and I'm just not lucky enough to be too experienced just yet.

SSBR, though? If that game has ANY competitive value and a tourney scene, I'm sure as hell gonna be way more active with it from the start. ^.^ Here's hoping SSBR doesn't suck....
LUIGI'S GAME IS STEPPING UP [ www.freewebs.com/tobiasxk/LuigiFAQ.txt ]
CunningKitsune Posted at: 12:57 Aug14 2005 Post ID: 341028
CunningKitsune
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Meh, there's only so much to do on this board. The same applies to GameFAQs, at the moment, too. I'm just waiting for something worthwhile to come along to spark my interest again. For now, though, a lot of my time is being devoted to the huge update on the Fox guide (it's at something like 185 KB right now, and that's only like halfway done).

I'd agree that 7-8 most accurately describes my abilities at the moment. However, AOB, who fits the "7" criteria according to Mask-o-Sheik, could tell you that I'd be edging more toward an upper 7 (decimals, if possible; again, by Mask-o-Sheik's standards, which admittedly are mostly accurate) by his experiences with me in tournament play. As to my tournament experience, I won the first tourney I entered (not a major tourney, a small local one, so it's really not much of an indicator), placed 3rd at E=MC^2, which was attended by AOB, Eddie (who got 2nd himself), and many other upper-level players, and tied with Wes for the final 32 at FC3 (thus placing me 33rd). Judge as you will, but I do feel that 7 and thereabouts is my rightful place.

For now. =)
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 15:56 Aug14 2005 Post ID: 341608
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
yeah, i'd say you're at least an upper 7. i'd have to see more of you though, by like, playing against you ^^

i'm pretty much free next week, i can come down to play you if you want.

but hey, i'm really a 10/10, because i have THE BEST FOX IN TeH NATION PH33r M3h onezorzz

no, but really, the only person here actually reputed for his skills is cunning. everybody else is known for other things (xif for being a gfaqs icon, tobias for being the w-d expert, me for being teh ultimate cool >_> etc.)
Displaying Page 33 of 35
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 101479

Post Top
Click to close