Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Melee

To the Gfaq'ers...

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
Cez Posted at: 13:02 Jun09 2005 Post ID: 198344
Cez
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I'm being threatened by a flame-happy newb. The irony is delicious. I never said anything was my fault, did I?
10000 posts at last! w00t! Okay, I'm off into a quiet retirement. Don't bother me.
TobiasXelKythe Posted at: 13:10 Jun09 2005 Post ID: 198357
TobiasXelKythe
+
+
My comments about the site were based on the Hints section moreso than the actual site, so it was more about the people that submitted things there than actual administration or anything like that. Apart from that, there were some little glitches with the forums, and the 7k avatar limit was annoying, but I managed to get past that with some little tweaks to my avvie in Photoshop and compression and whatnot, and the forum glitches DO, as towtha said, seem to get fixed quickly.
LUIGI'S GAME IS STEPPING UP [ www.freewebs.com/tobiasxk/LuigiFAQ.txt ]
Bronco11 Posted at: 13:21 Jun09 2005 Post ID: 198369
Bronco11
+
+
There not newbs. They own Gamefaqs.
Cez Posted at: 13:25 Jun09 2005 Post ID: 198373
Cez
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Big deal. Maybe you should get your eyes tested, Bronco. This isn't Gamefaqs. This is SuperCheats. They joined this site yesterday, making them newbs. They're flaming and throwing false accusations around like popcorn at a movie theatre, making them n00bs. Get it? Surely even you can comprehend that.
10000 posts at last! w00t! Okay, I'm off into a quiet retirement. Don't bother me.
XIF Posted at: 13:27 Jun09 2005 Post ID: 198376
XIF
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Cez, since you werent man enough to keep open my thread, I'll talk here...

even IF it was e-mailed to you from a friend who got it from a friend whom you dont know where he got it from (seems a bit weird, but i'll be nice and believe you for now) You should have at least said that it wasnt your own work. Something like "I do not know who the original author of this is, but credit goes to him regardless, this thing could have been reduced to a: "Hey, this kid tobias was the one who did that essay, you can edit it so that it says it was him, instead of unknown author. As a matter of fact, g-faqs probably wouldnt have known any of this if that were the case.

I still have yet to see an apology which is all i'm really asking for. Own up to the fact that you stole, intentional or not, and just say sorry.

As for the site layout, the forums are ok, but things like... the navigation bar should be further up on the screen, and the text for the navigation should be bigger. There's also alot of space between the top of the page to point where the hints portion starts, which makes it confusing as to whether or not you got the right page <_< Perhaps but all the ads and what not in between at the bottom of the page... I believe content should go first.

those are just my 2 cents though.

EDIT:

THIS WAS POSTED BY CEZ:

------"Okay guys, I've already dealt with these accusations in one of the many other threads on the same thing. You guys have a problem, feel free to talk it over in the Staff Forum. What? You're not mods? You're just a bunch of n00bs who flooded here on the off-chance that someone might have stolen your essay (which, I wouldn't mind betting, you haven't exactly got a copyright on)? That's what I thought. And as for the supposed author of said essay: Do your worst. Flame me, sue me, I don't give a damn. There's nothing you can do to me."-----

Because you are a mod makes no difference, and I would point out that you were a mod before this incident of people pointing out stealing, and lying about such things as majora and vaati in the game XD... And I really dont trust a mod who actually uses the term "n00b" and can be serious about it. As for copyright, you obviously have no idea what copyright law are about. Copyrights arent something you go out and purchase or request. The second you do an original work from your own thought and/or through research, that work is copyrighted. And regardless, I have a copyright symbol on the bottom of my webpage and that copyright symbol would entail all of my original work, as well as the work of others on my site which I did give credit to.

The thing is, there is nothing to sue you over, but, I or tobias could just as easily contact an attourney who could quite easily mail or e-mail a cease and desist letter.
Cez Posted at: 13:30 Jun09 2005 Post ID: 198379
Cez
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I stole nothing, XIF. I will not plead guilty to something I haven't done. Get over yourselves, and go back to Gamefaqs. I might drop by and flame you guys for a bit, maybe discredit you all, see how you guys like being flamed and having false accusations thrown at you.
Bronco11 Posted at: 13:36 Jun09 2005 Post ID: 198386
Bronco11
+
+
On 09-Jun-2005 Marthyboy88 said:OK wow, then you're going to like disregard everything you've heard from the "vets" of this board ok? I'm serious...you need to like read the stuff the gfagers posted...

WOW guys I'm shocked! I think this will be the VERY FIRST PERSON EVER WHO WILL START PLAYING THIS GAME WITH ALL OF OUR INFORMATION AND NOT START OUT ALL NEWBISH AND SUCH!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOMG!!!
I go to Gamefaqs to read Pokemon Articles all the time. I am not registered though.
XIF Posted at: 13:38 Jun09 2005 Post ID: 198388
XIF
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Cez, please take a look at my edited post, and this following one:

the thing is this... we have ALOT more proof than you do as to this whole ordeal. If you want to try to invade gamefaqs... first off it would be pretty unfounded since all we have done is accuse you of something that very likely happened.

you cant discredit us, because you have no backing.

and I find it hilarious that you're closing our other topics concerning the stealing. Way to back out of an argument and hide behind moderator powers. I'd consider that an abuse of mod powers, and well, for most places thats grounds for taking away said powers.
TobiasXelKythe Posted at: 13:40 Jun09 2005 Post ID: 198390
TobiasXelKythe
+
+
On 09-Jun-2005 Cez said:I stole nothing, XIF. I will not plead guilty to something I haven't done. Get over yourselves, and go back to Gamefaqs. I might drop by and flame you guys for a bit, maybe discredit you all, see how you guys like being flamed and having false accusations thrown at you.
Discredit us how? You go to gamefaqs, tell your sad tale, and whine about how we're all 'n00bs' like a prepubescent fool and you'll meet no support there, because all you'll be doing is pointing out how valid it is to disrespect YOU.
LUIGI'S GAME IS STEPPING UP [ www.freewebs.com/tobiasxk/LuigiFAQ.txt ]
Bronco11 Posted at: 13:41 Jun09 2005 Post ID: 198393
Bronco11
+
+
I am just gonna read a simple article, about like the basics of the game. This fighting between Gamefaqs and SC needs to stop right now! So just forget it! Rich, Cez, and the other people on Gamefaqs don't get mad, and just talk politely and respect each other like civilized Human Beings would. This WILL be settled and I don't care who wins this arguement better yet IF THERE EVEN IS A WINNER! So chill people! Calm Down.
Cez Posted at: 13:45 Jun09 2005 Post ID: 198398
Cez
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I'm sure you, as administrators (or so you claim), know that there's not really much call for flaming or duplicate topics on the same thing. One of the main duties of a moderator is to deal with such useless threads. Usually by locking them. Any further posts concerning this matter will be reported. You'll eventually realise that this is one argument you cannot win. Try getting some actual proof other than misquoted posts and opinions.
Bronco11 Posted at: 13:49 Jun09 2005 Post ID: 198402
Bronco11
+
+
Isn't this a time when you wish you had a Time Machine?
The Amazing One Posted at: 14:52 Jun09 2005 Post ID: 198529
The Amazing One
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Cez, the point is that you weren't that essay's original author but when you submitted it you made it seem like you were. Now, I don't know what you consider flaming, but I certainly am not trying to flame anybody or get into any fights. But, you have to try to understand how Tobias and XIF feel here. Tobias went through a lot of work and research to make that essay, and XIF went through a lot of work putting it on his site. When they saw that essay elsewhere on the internet, with the text on the bottom "Sent in by Cez", they were very upset. I know I would be upset if I found something I worked hard on somewhere on the internet without any credit to me and even credit to someone else.

Personally I can very well see how you got about to putting that essay on the site. A friend e-mailed it to you, claiming to have received it from another friend. You thought, "Well, this seems to be some essay by an anonymous author that's just being passed around among SSBM players. Hey, I'll submit it to SuperCheats, one of my favorite sites! That way, the people there can have access to this useful information." That story is very reasonable, and I can understand how everything happened. To me, this conflict has already been resolved. You were never attempting to plagiarize but only to spread what you thought was an anonymously authored essay.

Again, I'm not trying to insult anybody or get into any fights. This whole problem seems to have been so inflated after it was already resolved because both parties felt that they were being attacked. But I don't see why you can't just come straight out and apologize to Tobias and XIF. You may not have taken credit fo their work intentionally, but that's what you ended up doing and it made them very upset. I don't know if they're going to apologize for coming here as new users and disrespecting you as a mod, but I'll apologize on their behalf. They got carried away in their anger at seeing their work "stolen". And you got carried away when you felt that you were being accused of something you didn't do.

Everyone should just try to understand the opposing side's position here. This doesn't have to be a battle.

I have one more thing to comment on. Please don't call us all "newbs" or "n00bs" as a way of belittling us. I know we're new to this site but... "newb" implies immaturity or ignorance. It implies someone who isn't yet used to web etiquette. I guess coming here and speaking badly of a moderator could be considered bad web etiquette, but the situation leading up to that is understandable. Most of us have been frequenting different forums for quite enough time to understand web etiquette, and we're also quite knowledgeable of SSBM. There's no reason to discriminate people based on their account creation dates. Judge me on my posts, not on my account age.
Cez Posted at: 14:58 Jun09 2005 Post ID: 198539
Cez
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Woohoo! Some sanity at last! No offense meant, it's just that finally someone gets it. That second paragraph pretty much sums me up, really.
mmik Posted at: 15:14 Jun09 2005 Post ID: 198560
mmik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
This topic isn't working. It's just turned into a flame-war.
Cez, even if you DID get it from a freind, not giving credit at all is wrong, And because of all the lies you spread, about modding characters into the game, We are less likely to trust you.

If you can PROVE you have modded vaati etc into the game, I'll take back what I said, but I don't think you can.
Cez Posted at: 15:21 Jun09 2005 Post ID: 198572
Cez
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Good point, mmik. That's exactly what this is: a flame war. And now I'm going to do what mods do with flame wars. Anyone object? No? Good.

*LOCKED*
Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 147308

Post Top
Click to close