Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Melee

Match-up Analysis: Fox vs. Mr. Game and Watch

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
TheEmptyPage Posted at: 16:52 Jun17 2005 Post ID: 210329
TheEmptyPage
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
well the reason i asked was i was playign against a comptuer in a little fun match *only "competition" i have ;_;* and it seems that GW could have some advantage on Ganon
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Cylun Posted at: 18:04 Jun17 2005 Post ID: 210416
Cylun
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Its times like this that you really wish ssbm had online mode. Of course, according to the current information, it seams we can all go online on ssbr...
I am Cylun. May your life be easy and your future ripe.
Gea Posted at: 19:13 Jun17 2005 Post ID: 210465
Gea
Forum GuestMember
+
+
http://www.geocities.com/fuzziqer_software/

If you didn't know.
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 21:41 Jun17 2005 Post ID: 210677
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 17-Jun-2005 TobiasXelKythe said:This is an interestingly random-seeming matchup. I wonder if I have a vid of this matchup, just to throw out there, since I don't really know a great deal about G&W...

Ah. MoFo/DireVulcan. Not a bad match. Here's the link, I yousendit'd it because I have nothing better to contriute to this topic:

http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=17EQWDIEK3P2I286AFET26TFS3

EDIT: Darkboarder, he means skill against real good human competition, which is nothing like fighting computers. Tourney skill.
the vid...can't g&w DI further? it seems like dire just held left/right instead of pressing it at the appropriate time.

anyways, this match is an example of fox's superior approach against g&w's harsh punishment...i think that a good way to go on this matchup for the game and watch is to go aerially and defend by spacing attacks like fair and dtilt and going for the grab off the dtilt. fox should just be very careful not to leave any holes to punish.
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
Gea Posted at: 10:58 Jun18 2005 Post ID: 211493
Gea
Forum GuestMember
+
+
<.< I got to see this match in play yesterday. I was playing Fluffy's Fox (her main) and I managed to snag GeeDubya as my random. It was a fairly close match, and the fact I never play GeeDubya and the fact that me and Fuzzy are pretty much on the same level says something for good 'ol GeeDubya. ;o
dizzy fuweiru Posted at: 12:45 Jun18 2005 Post ID: 211655
dizzy fuweiru
Forum GuestMember
+
+
It could also mean that Fluffy's fox wasn't that great, since it takes a lot more technical skill to take advantage of Fox's strengths than GW's.
ritt.no-ip.com - roy is top tier. (no, not really, you dolt.)
Gea Posted at: 13:37 Jun18 2005 Post ID: 211714
Gea
Forum GuestMember
+
+
She was alright. But the point is we were at basically the same playing field, and you could see the difference. ;o
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 19:00 Jun18 2005 Post ID: 212198
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
what dizzy's getting at is that at an low or intermediate level of play, fox is not nearly as dominant as he is at a high level. in addition, mr. game and watch, i've found, is *more* dominant at a lower level, because g&w's approach isn't as easily punished. *I* used mr. game and watch for a while against my friend and had a winning spree only interrupted once, when he pulled five grampas in one match :p, and you know how game and watch is about his shield covering his whole body...

these two things, plus the geedubya suprise factor, make the matchup a win for g&w at about my level of play. but once fox can exploit the lack of depth of geedubya's approach, fox can take the match.
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
Gea Posted at: 21:43 Jun18 2005 Post ID: 212379
Gea
Forum GuestMember
+
+
And I understand that, but some of it was still pretty obvious is what I'm getting at. I'm not trying to say that it was a prime example, but I could see alot of things in general. :o
Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close