Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Zelda 64: Ocarina of Time

Need help to get megaton hammer

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

texaslonghorn31 Posted at: 22:19 Aug20 2009 Post ID: 2716999
texaslonghorn31
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Maybe I am the most uncoordinated person on earth.. but I can NOT get up the stairs in the fire temple to the chest containing the Megaton Hammer without either falling off, or running out of time. I have been trying consistently for well over a week and am at the point of quitting the game. Is there ANY way to get the hammer other than...run up the stairs and keep trying? (since that doesn't seem to be working for me!). I have the longshot even but I can't get close enough to longshot to it. Do I HAVE to have the megaton hammer to continue through the level or is there some way around it or some other way to get in the chest?
Thank you for any help you can give!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
tbug2007 Posted at: 09:51 Sep19 2009 Post ID: 2735892
tbug2007
Da Bug
Post Likes: 4
+
+
I'm not sure... I'll look up a way to help though, sorry for the late reply.

ubr cuulness by Craizin the raizin. <3

FILIP R POLICE
bomba Posted at: 13:08 Sep19 2009 Post ID: 2735981
bomba
+
+
You are supposed to run up the stairs, you'll have barely enough time. I recently did this a couple days ago so I'm not mistaken. Sorry, just keep trying I guess. Theirs no way around it and you need it to beat the boss.

But don't give up! You'll miss out on one of the best ganes ever!

« Last edited by bomba on Sep 19th 2009 »

ptcjstc1984 Posted at: 13:18 Aug18 2010 Post ID: 2887513
ptcjstc1984
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I'm playing through Ocarina of Time again because I love it so much, and don't feel bad. I'm having a wee bit of trouble getting it too. It IS tricky. You have to be fast and coordinated both. Z targeting is absolutely essential. Use it to look straight ahead. The first part of the stairs are narrower, so if you're going to waste time, do it here. It's easier to get through the broader sections of the stairs. Do a couple trial runs before you hit the switch. It IS difficult though. It's not just you. Hang in there.
Rogan;D Posted at: 23:09 Dec12 2010 Post ID: 2936421
Rogan;D
+
+
practice practice practice. memorize the path. BE THE PATH!!!!!!

it is one of the best games ever. i dont think you wanna miss out on it ;D
[center]...ladies?[center]
Forum Guest Posted at: 10:51 Jun09 2012 Post ID: 3118228
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
Those guys up there are saying stairs. I mean, what stairs? I read theirs' but I had no CLUE what they were saying.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti QuoteEdit
imaginarium Posted at: 17:20 Jun25 2012 Post ID: 3123410
imaginarium
+
+
You need the megaton hammer to progress through the game.
It's needed throughout the fire temple as well as in the gerudo training ground if you'd like to get the ice arrows later on in the game.

My recommendation would be start off taking it slow so you get the feel of where you have to turn and how hard you have to turn.
I have terrible co-ordination but making short stops so you can make sure you're facing the right direction helps a lot.
Forum Guest Posted at: 18:25 Jan25 2013 Post ID: 3202656
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
the above replies do not help I need help also and you can use the hookshot on the chest to bring you to it across the well, but only from a certain point and if it is not on fire.

HELLLLLLLLPPPPPPP!!!!!Anxious
Forum Guest Posted at: 13:22 Jun15 2013 Post ID: 3252984
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
It can be very hard at first, but kill all the enemies in the room first, and make sure 5ou know the path. FaroresmWind can help if you fall. I'm attempting the fire temple up to the megaton hammer as young link, it's insanity.
Forum Guest Posted at: 01:34 Nov25 2013 Post ID: 3289824
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
I have the same problem :( I have been trying to get the megaton hammer for like a month now. I kept on falling or I always run out of time. Any tips? I'm getting pretty desperate now.
Forum Guest Posted at: 05:02 Jan11 2014 Post ID: 3298490
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
Ditto guys, I'm stuck on the same damn staircase.

I'm using sixtyforce emulator and a retrolink USB controller and I think this controller's sensitivity might be a little shoddy. (bad workman always blames the tools)

The biggest problem for me is that Link jumps whenever he gets too close to a ledge. If you know about the infinite sword glitch (google it if not) and can find a way to trigger it in this room then it might help, one side effect of ISG is that Link cannot fall off of ledges while this is active. However, I'm not sure there's a way to engage ISG in this room. If anyone's found a way let me know.

Until then, keep trying I guess... "Be the path!"
Forum Guest Posted at: 17:29 May31 2014 Post ID: 3321147
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
i had the same problem for over 3 hours of in real life game playing. finally got it... just keep trying
Forum Guest Posted at: 12:22 Jun08 2015 Post ID: 3380706
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
OK, so I really almost gave this game up entirely because of this stupid part. I took the above advice and set a warp point in that room with Farore's Wind (which saves a ton of time when you fall), then I went around and killed the bats, then I "practiced". I first would line my sight and Link up with that first narrow part, breathed deeply to calm myself down from how ****** I was from failing the time before, and then push the button (because you never know if that's the one time you do make it) and then commenced until I finally got it. I made it twice before I could open the chest-the first time I made it on the side of the chest, and when I hit A it didn't open and the time ran out, and the second time I hit A a millisecond early and rolled into the dastardly thing and the time ran out. But now when you have the hammer, you have to finish the dungeon so that you know for sure that when you save you keep it and don't have to start all over again. ( I save after every major accomplishment anyways, jic.)
Forum Guest Posted at: 21:33 Jul20 2015 Post ID: 3384051
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
Haven't gotten to that bit yet, but you can use bombs to trigger the diamond switches
Forum Guest Posted at: 09:28 Jun14 2016 Post ID: 3412578
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
If you are using farore's wind to get back up to the room with the dreaded path to get the megaton hammer and have tried repeatedly and are out of magic to use farore's wind any further, make sure you have one last warp up to the room and drop down. I know this sounds counter productive but when you drop down, look for the little lava slug guys because they drop only magic bottles so that you may continue on this horrendously difficult task to get the fantastic megaton hammer. Good Luck! I am still trying, I just hunted down some lava slugs to fill my magic so my struggle continues. Wish me luck!
Tomzass Posted at: 13:43 Mar06 2017 Post ID: 3429855
Tomzass
Forum GuestMember
+
+
You don't need it to get the ice arrows I got the ice arrows with just the longshot fairy bow lens of truth iron boots and silver gauntlets you just need to use your keys correctly! And the megaton hammer is probably the least used item in the game especially outside of the fire temple which is a waste of time cause the fire temple sucks it's the worst one in my opinion and in my file right now I have the water temple and the spirit temple done but not the fire temple cause it's so boring
Tomzass Posted at: 13:47 Mar06 2017 Post ID: 3429856
Tomzass
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Just hug the inside curve cause you're going to veer outward it's really not that hard just go slow the water temple is far more difficult cause if you use your keys the wrong way you have to back track so much it's ridiculous and the n64 version doesn't show you that when the platform rises with the water that there is a hole under water where the platform was in the central building of the entire temple
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close