Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

I tell ya, SC's activity is off the charts.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 6

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Last     Previous | Next
qwertyuio Posted: 00:13 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763075
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
Honestly the only rule I think needs to be demolished is the 3 word rule. I can understand the wish for good quality posts, after all that's what I'm all about, however it does less of that and more of getting in the way when something needs a simple, yes, no, etc. answer. Heh, my argument against this rule is nothing to what v-gamer once wrote though, I'll try to find that.

Otherwise, there are a million small edits that need to be made to agree with what we actually enforce...that I could easily type up if you want with the help of others.

Posting in all caps though - I don't like it at all, frankly. Just totally unnecessary and ugly. I would not consider it flame like we do currently though - more along the lines of spam.

"clear up of out whole moderator system ... "

What do you mean by that?
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
South of Hell Posted: 00:16 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763077
South of Hell
Post Likes: 0
+
I don't think changing the rules is going to do much in the long run, and besides, why fix something that isn't broken.

For me, I believe the main reason there is not a lot of activity is that it is the same thing over and over again. (Although I main the music forums so there isn't a lot of choice) It's just the same topic over and over again.

And the only reason why Forum Games is so popular is everyone can spam it up to there hearts content and just be stupid. Thats why it is so appealing to some people. Where ch

Maybe if we could apply that to some other forums... However, if that were to happen, the entire site would fall to spammery.
Team SuperCheats Posted: 00:16 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763078
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
Post Likes: 117
+

- There have been lots of complaints in the past that people are not mature enough to mod, or that we have too manyh mods, or it is too easy to become a mod on supercheats, I think we need to totally rework the system - maybe even start from scratch (not supermods, admins) and hand pick those we want to mod and then clear out the rest.

Edit: South - Perhaps it could be a good idea to have allow some of the forums games elements back into the main forums to liven things up again, whatever we do we need to bring back the fun factor.

« Last edited by Team SuperCheats on Nov 12th 2009 »
Game Guides Galore - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/
qwertyuio Posted: 00:28 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763082
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
On 12-Nov-2009 Team SuperCheats said:"clear up of out whole moderator system ... "

- There have been lots of complaints in the past that people are not mature enough to mod, or that we have too manyh mods, or it is too easy to become a mod on supercheats, I think we need to totally rework the system - maybe even start from scratch (not supermods, admins) and hand pick those we want to mod and then clear out the rest.

Edit: South - Perhaps it could be a good idea to have allow some of the forums games elements back into the main forums to liven things up again, whatever we do we need to bring back the fun factor.
Ah, now THAT is totally correct. Our moderating team needs be be made harder, better, fa- I'll stop. xD (Those who don't know that reference please never listen to music again.) Seriously though, the system does need to be made harder. My number one suggestion, would be that each moderator is selected by the super mods and admins, with no more than 3 mods per forum. We all know what makes a good mod. A couple ways this could be done.

1: A topic created in smod containing all people interested in the position. We need no application, just who wants it. Simply because we all know the members, and if we don't we can easily conduct a background check. We debate and come out with our decisions from there out.

2: Letting regular admins/smods into the mod application system, but only turning it on (From a Root Admin) at specific times when you guys want us to go through it. We go through it on our own time and we have a few days trial period to settle any disputes we might have about who deserves what - but generally those I imagine would happen very seldom.

Eh, just shooting off some ideas because this is something I'm quite passionate about - I've always thought our moderator system needed a major redo.

« Last edited by qwertyuio on Nov 12th 2009 »
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
Team SuperCheats Posted: 00:35 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763084
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
OK, sounds good - I don't want to worry moderators though - we will not being just kicking people out for the sake of it... A complete clear out and readdition of the mod system will add those that are really interested in the site, and having the super mods and admins have more of a say in picking those people will help, as long as they can be unbiased and not just pick their friends.

I'm going to start a thread in the supermod forum regarding mod spots and where I think we should begin.
yossy666 Posted: 01:17 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763107
yossy666
+
Man, I remember back when I first joined and I was posting, well, simply for the sake of posting. I think I was making like 20 posts a day almost.

Although now, I make about two or three posts a day.

I guess people just grow out of it? It does seem like the younger members are the ones posting more.
i wanna live like james dean, i wanna die a superstar.
---
yossy666 | Komodo | Aaden Foli | 02 Dissociative. | yossy666
South of Hell Posted: 01:26 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763118
South of Hell
+
Maybe you need to aim the forums for a specific age group, 13-16 year old's. Because during that time they don't have to worry about life and they can spend hours on the net.

My mate when he first joined up (at 12) told me he posted in a team on the actual game board and he said that was the best fun he had on the site. Maybe you could integrate that some how back to the main forums (but not make it a spam fest as I noticed when checking out the teams section).

« Last edited by South of Hell on Nov 12th 2009 »
Team SuperCheats Posted: 01:28 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763119
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
Yes people do grow out of it and move on... nothing wrong with that, but video game forums do have older people in them too - but I think we just maybe don't have enough hardcore gamers if I am being honest, sure there are some but possibly not enough to keep an individial game alive with interesting discussion about all aspects of it... You only need to visit gamefaqs forums to see the comparison.

I'm not being critical of our members, without the members we would not have a site, we need to do more to try to get people to interact with our site - and that is my job.
South of Hell Posted: 01:36 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763124
South of Hell
+
I don't think the hard core gamers have time for posting (no offence to them). But even if they did, there is not much for them. The main Hardcore games (GH, COD and Halo) have practically nothing (from what I've seen) (Atleast nothing matching Pokemon) so there is no spur for them to come here.

Speaking of the Pokemon, half the people I have seen on this site have something to do with it... Maybe incorporate Pokemon into the site somehow? Like a skin or something (so not everyone has to see it) to draw in alot of the pokemon fans.
Team SuperCheats Posted: 01:49 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763127
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
South - thanks good idea there - At the moment it is tru there is little to keep the hardcore gamer interested - sure we have a few, but not enough.

Most people here do like Pokemon and that is perhaps where we should focus more and build from there. We've added pokemon.supercheats.com a while back for our Pokemon visitors and we are working on redoing our Pokemon Action Replay pages on the main site which will help... A pomemon skin is not something we've thought about but something we will likely do, cheers.
South of Hell Posted: 01:55 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763130
South of Hell
+
On the bit about hardcore gamers, I think we should extent the Guitar Hero (and Rockband, Singstar, music games in general) series out a bit, those forums are dead. And it's a petty since half of the gamers in the world atleast tolerate GH. Just look at all the GH vid's on youtube. If you could get some of them here you would be laughing.
Team SuperCheats Posted: 01:58 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763131
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
Agree there - and it is one game I love too, we have the facility for people to upload their own videos here as well, just at the moment nobody as done so with guitar hero here.

Not sure that getting youtube members to post in SC would be possible, what would be their motivation?
v-gamer Posted: 05:29 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763165
v-gamer
y so srs?
Post Likes: 4
+
On 12-Nov-2009 qwertyuio said:Honestly the only rule I think needs to be demolished is the 3 word rule. I can understand the wish for good quality posts, after all that's what I'm all about, however it does less of that and more of getting in the way when something needs a simple, yes, no, etc. answer. Heh, my argument against this rule is nothing to what v-gamer once wrote though, I'll try to find that.

Otherwise, there are a million small edits that need to be made to agree with what we actually enforce...that I could easily type up if you want with the help of others.

Posting in all caps though - I don't like it at all, frankly. Just totally unnecessary and ugly. I would not consider it flame like we do currently though - more along the lines of spam.

I've made comments about it several times in the past, but I don't recall which argument you're talking about. Otherwise, I'd help you out. ;O
Avatar: In memory of ieatwyverns <3

Thank you, Vasco <3
XZYOE Posted: 05:51 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763171
XZYOE
lukie is hot
Post Likes: 1
+
On 12-Nov-2009 qwertyuio said:Ah, now THAT is totally correct. Our moderating team needs be be made harder, better, fa- I'll stop. xD (Those who don't know that reference please never listen to music again.) Seriously though, the system does need to be made harder. My number one suggestion, would be that each moderator is selected by the super mods and admins, with no more than 3 mods per forum. We all know what makes a good mod. A couple ways this could be done.

1: A topic created in smod containing all people interested in the position. We need no application, just who wants it. Simply because we all know the members, and if we don't we can easily conduct a background check. We debate and come out with our decisions from there out.

2: Letting regular admins/smods into the mod application system, but only turning it on (From a Root Admin) at specific times when you guys want us to go through it. We go through it on our own time and we have a few days trial period to settle any disputes we might have about who deserves what - but generally those I imagine would happen very seldom.

Eh, just shooting off some ideas because this is something I'm quite passionate about - I've always thought our moderator system needed a major redo.
Yeah, except the smods don't know everyone.

I could care less about a clear-out, since I'm no longer a mod. But if we do get cleared out, I do hope I get promoted to something.
UNLOCKED
Team SuperCheats Posted: 08:34 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763195
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
XZYOE - WE are going to take it step by step - this week the general boars will get overhauled - threads will appear in each general board inviting people to show some interest and apply in the thread (not via the existing system) - that is the first step we'll then decide betn ourselves who we think are the best people for the role based on activity and attitude.
Vasco Posted: 09:00 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763211
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
Post Likes: 7
+
On 11-Nov-2009 X__x said:I could always revive Treasure Hunt if it makes you feel better, Dan.
Again, do it. You've been saying so for ages. ._.

I just think we need to loosen up, to be honest. Most of the new members break a small rule (it's common), and are often shot with a couple of "Go read the rule, that is not allowed" posts. You're correct in doing so, yes, but you can be nicer, eh. On another case, the New Members Forum: I've been noticing 9/10 of the members who created a thread don't post a single more time. No surprises, though; usually, the number of "Welcome. Go read the rules" posts are seven or eight. One is enough, two at most. We don't want to give the idea that we are dictators. The idea of naming the Rules "Guidelines" is sounding fantastic, right now.

Finally, I'd like to propose the creation of a Spam Forum. No, I am not joking. Of course, the posts made there wouldn't be added to one's post count, but you'd have the freedom to post without following any rules (excluding Flaming). You could make topics just to invite people to play a game, to ask someone where he/she has been, to relax; pretty much everything that normally wouldn't be allowed. I strongly doubt this will be allowed here, but it's worth a shot. The Spam Forum is often one of the most active forums, where people can post without worrying of breaking a rule.

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
Volke Posted: 09:24 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763227
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
On 12-Nov-2009 Vasco said:Again, do it. You've been saying so for ages. ._.

I just think we need to loosen up, to be honest. Most of the new members break a small rule (it's common), and are often shot with a couple of "Go read the rule, that is not allowed" posts. You're correct in doing so, yes, but you can be nicer, eh. On another case, the New Members Forum: I've been noticing 9/10 of the members who created a thread don't post a single more time. No surprises, though; usually, the number of "Welcome. Go read the rules" posts are seven or eight. One is enough, two at most. We don't want to give the idea that we are dictators. The idea of naming the Rules "Guidelines" is sounding fantastic, right now.

Finally, I'd like to propose the creation of a Spam Forum. No, I am not joking. Of course, the posts made there wouldn't be added to one's post count, but you'd have the freedom to post without following any rules (excluding Flaming). You could make topics just to invite people to play a game, to ask someone where he/she has been, to relax; pretty much everything that normally wouldn't be allowed. I strongly doubt this will be allowed here, but it's worth a shot. The Spam Forum is often one of the most active forums, where people can post without worrying of breaking a rule.
Yeah, the New Members: Welcome Forum never really seemed that welcoming to me.

As for the Spam Forum, no. Just no. There was a forum called Spam Fest in the past, and it was closed down because many members were reluctant to come out of there, and plenty of the topics there could certainly have gone in General Chat (which was the only other General forum back then, other than S & P). It also made the site look really bad. Apparently much worse than Forum Games does today.

I wasn't around, back then, but I was hitting random General Chat pages one day and found the topic stating that Spam Fest was closed, although you could apparently still view it for quite some time. Rich must have deleted it later on.

Rich - Any chance you're going to make it that Forum Games posts don't add to your postcount?
Cheat holder Posted: 09:24 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763228
Cheat holder
Magic Bananas!
Post Likes: 2
+
07-08 period? I was not here all that often. I was caught in the rush of
new blockbusters. I came towards the end, but overall I wasn't here.

Milotic - The Sea Serpent

~350~

There is no such thing as right or wrong. It's just a matter of perception.

http://www.primeleap.net

Cheat holder Posted: 09:26 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763229
Cheat holder
Magic Bananas!
Post Likes: 2
+
On 12-Nov-2009 qwertyuio said:Honestly the only rule I think needs to be demolished is the 3 word rule. I can understand the wish for good quality posts, after all that's what I'm all about, however it does less of that and more of getting in the way when something needs a simple, yes, no, etc. answer. Heh, my argument against this rule is nothing to what v-gamer once wrote though, I'll try to find that.

I agree with you. I do not like that rule. I constantly post 1 or 2 word posts. I've seen a lot T&C with no three word rule.

Milotic - The Sea Serpent

~350~

There is no such thing as right or wrong. It's just a matter of perception.

http://www.primeleap.net

Volke Posted: 09:48 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763244
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
On 12-Nov-2009 Cheat holder said:I agree with you. I do not like that rule. I constantly post 1 or 2 word posts. I've seen a lot T&C with no three word rule.
Teams is far more relaxed than the forums, so things aren't as strict there.
Displaying Page 3 of 6

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close