Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

I tell ya, SC's activity is off the charts.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 4 of 6

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Last     Previous | Next
Team SuperCheats Posted: 10:36 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763257
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
Post Likes: 117
+
Forums Games Posts not counting - I'll have to add it to the list, not something I can personally do.

So plan so far...

Hand pick all the mods
Rewrite the rules and guidelines

Ideas would be to generally relax the forum and pick people that should be staff as staff. I'll be running my own initiatives too every so often, such as the MVP... At the moment we are running a SSBB Tournament (see SSBB Wifi Forum), and Dennis is working on a Hall of Fame too.
Game Guides Galore - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Volke Posted: 10:41 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763259
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
SSBB tournament? I might join up. I might be a bit busy over the next couple of weeks, though.

So, a Hall of Fame is going to be Dennis's big surprise?

Anyway, I agree with the Rules and Guidelines needing an overhaul. They're a little outdated, and there are too many 'hidden' rules about.
Team SuperCheats Posted: 10:54 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763266
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
Yes clean slate with the rules in an easy to understnad format and as brief as possible.

Yes Hall of Fame was Dennis' idea, all plans drawn up idea will be to induct up to 4 people every quarter. You'll get your own page with your avatar and repsonses to about 10 questions plus people can leave comments. All inductees will be included on one large HoF page. Expect it early very 2010 or end of the year... Actually would be nice to round of the year with.
geezerguy Posted: 12:32 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763276
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
Post Likes: 43
+
Glad you're taking action on the rules and moderators, Rich. Smile

I very much like the sound of making the Rules into Guidelines, it sounds much more friendlier, and as soon as a new member heres the word "Rules" I think they lose interest a little bit, because in my eyes they come here to get away from the rules of school/work, etc. So, yeah, agreed about the Guidelines part. I agree with whoever said about the three word rule, too. I know you had good intentions with this rule, but I really don't think it is needed, simply because "Yeah." is no different to "Yeah, it is.". These hidden rules also need to be added, too, such as double posting, etc. Caps lock rule; After thinking a little I think it is neccessary, it really does look ugly, but should be changed from flaming to something else.

I noticed you were cleaning out moderators before this thread and I'm glad you and the Super Mods will be hand picking them.

I also think you should do tournaments for other games, I saw SoH mentioned Guitar Hero earlier. I believe a GH tournament would be a great idea - I know the forums for the game really aren't too active, but there's no doubt A LOT of people play it here.

I'll be trying to think of some other ideas after this post..
Winner of Member Brawl 2011 <3
Team SuperCheats Posted: 12:51 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763280
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
Thanks for the ideas - really helpful - I play GH now and again and will run a tournament for that soon too - maybe GT 5 as well when it comes out SoH and Halo 3 we can also run tournaments for - unfortunately we don't have the battle software which we tried to get sorted out a while ago, so will be done by hand in the meantime.
XZYOE Posted: 14:47 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763316
XZYOE
lukie is hot
Post Likes: 1
+
On 12-Nov-2009 Team SuperCheats said:Forums Games Posts not counting - I'll have to add it to the list, not something I can personally do.

So plan so far...

Hand pick all the mods
Rewrite the rules and guidelines

Ideas would be to generally relax the forum and pick people that should be staff as staff. I'll be running my own initiatives too every so often, such as the MVP... At the moment we are running a SSBB Tournament (see SSBB Wifi Forum), and Dennis is working on a Hall of Fame too.
If the mod applications were actually read and the mods were picked from the content of that, not their post count, we probably would have a better group of moderators.
UNLOCKED
v-gamer Posted: 14:50 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763318
v-gamer
y so srs?
Post Likes: 4
+
I don't know about mod applications overall, because people can just say exactly what the person reading it will want to hear.
Avatar: In memory of ieatwyverns <3

Thank you, Vasco <3
Team SuperCheats Posted: 14:50 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763319
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
Yes, my fault there - I've not been in touch with the forum (not as Dennis) to make always the correct decisions regarding mods - We are changing this now and the people that help run the show will have more of a say in who gets staff positions.
geezerguy Posted: 14:50 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763320
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
+
On 12-Nov-2009 XZYOE said:If the mod applications were actually read and the mods were picked from the content of that, not their post count, we probably would have a better group of moderators.
I had over 1000 posts in SCT when I applied and Pooly got picked over me, who had around 600, if I remember correctly.

I doubt it's soley based on post count.. Is also based on time spent on the site and experience, and Pooly had both.

And, we really don't know if Rich and Dennis read the applications, so.

« Last edited by geezerguy on Nov 12th 2009 »
XZYOE Posted: 15:15 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763340
XZYOE
lukie is hot
+
I'm quite certain I read somewhere in Staff that they didn't years ago (06-07).
UNLOCKED
geezerguy Posted: 15:16 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763341
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
+
That's like three years ago, things may change. Of course things might not, but still.
XZYOE Posted: 15:19 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763342
XZYOE
lukie is hot
+
I dunno, seems like a lot to read.
UNLOCKED
v-gamer Posted: 15:22 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763343
v-gamer
y so srs?
Post Likes: 4
+
Well certainly, lol.

But that's why the Super Mods are being included in making those decisions. ;)
Avatar: In memory of ieatwyverns <3

Thank you, Vasco <3
XZYOE Posted: 15:27 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763349
XZYOE
lukie is hot
+
Yeah, I like that the SUpermods have a say, since they are active in the forums unlike the root Admins, who work mainly on the main site.
UNLOCKED
X__x Posted: 15:41 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763352
X__x
That Resigned Admin Face/Guy
Post Likes: 2
+
What about us Non Root Admins? We're all active too, you know! :P

I have a good majority of the active forum posters on my MSN, who have MSN that is. Everyone who uses MSN, and wants instant access to an Administrator who makes the record for high activity and frequently being online, has me on MSN -- AIM -- YIM. I'm just that accessible for the users if they're faced with a problem regarding SC. Or Pokemon. I am still the lead expert in that area. Smile

Forgot I had this tag.

I'm also torn between Red and Green from Super Effective.
People kept asking me for minecraft skins. I now tell them to go to my website to request them.
XZYOE Posted: 15:44 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763355
XZYOE
lukie is hot
+
Could his ego get any larger? Speak to the hand

And yeah, you're active. I rarely see Speedt of Cross Stinger, but of course they could just be lurking and whatnot.
UNLOCKED
X__x Posted: 16:00 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763362
X__x
+
Will comes in when I tell him to look at something. Randy is always hiding himself for some reason of his own that I will never be capable of comprehending.

Forgot I had this tag.

People kept asking me for minecraft skins. I now tell them to go to my website to request them.
Ryuujin Posted: 16:25 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763376
Ryuujin
Post Likes: 0
+
On 12-Nov-2009 Vasco said:Again, do it. You've been saying so for ages. ._.

I just think we need to loosen up, to be honest. Most of the new members break a small rule (it's common), and are often shot with a couple of "Go read the rule, that is not allowed" posts. You're correct in doing so, yes, but you can be nicer, eh. On another case, the New Members Forum: I've been noticing 9/10 of the members who created a thread don't post a single more time. No surprises, though; usually, the number of "Welcome. Go read the rules" posts are seven or eight. One is enough, two at most. We don't want to give the idea that we are dictators. The idea of naming the Rules "Guidelines" is sounding fantastic, right now.

Finally, I'd like to propose the creation of a Spam Forum. No, I am not joking. Of course, the posts made there wouldn't be added to one's post count, but you'd have the freedom to post without following any rules (excluding Flaming). You could make topics just to invite people to play a game, to ask someone where he/she has been, to relax; pretty much everything that normally wouldn't be allowed. I strongly doubt this will be allowed here, but it's worth a shot. The Spam Forum is often one of the most active forums, where people can post without worrying of breaking a rule.
Kinda like this team?
Lol. I fully agree; I've been around spammy people long enough to know they're some of the most entertaining and active people. I'd say forum activity would be boosted 1.3x if we had a spam forum.
~ My Theme ~
Ryuujin Posted: 16:32 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763381
Ryuujin
Post Likes: 0
+
On 12-Nov-2009 X__x said:What about us Non Root Admins? We're all active too, you know! :P

I have a good majority of the active forum posters on my MSN, who have MSN that is. Everyone who uses MSN, and wants instant access to an Administrator who makes the record for high activity and frequently being online, has me on MSN -- AIM -- YIM. I'm just that accessible for the users if they're faced with a problem regarding SC. Or Pokemon. I am still the lead expert in that area. Smile
Okay, but don't forget that I'm the lead expert in the Heart Gold forum. Speak to the hand
I'm currently the most active and informative member there, so.
~ My Theme ~
X__x Posted: 17:05 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763392
X__x
+
On 12-Nov-2009 Ryuujin said:Okay, but don't forget that I'm the lead expert in the Heart Gold forum. Speak to the hand
I'm currently the most active and informative member there, so.
You're also leaving hints to you having something illegal, so.

I have the long term experience, as well as seniority. HG/SS is basically the same as GSC, with a handful of new additions which can be found out at serebii, thanks to their owner importing the game from Japan. You've got about three years to catch up to getting close to my title. Smile

Forgot I had this tag.

Displaying Page 4 of 6

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close