Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

What anim� are you watching right now?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 8 of 15
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 13 | 14 | Last     Previous | Next
Espada Vampiro Posted: 18:44 May23 2011 Post ID: 3006010
Espada Vampiro
Fire Spirit Envoy's Pet.
Post Likes: 1
+
Finished episode 49 of Seed Destiny earlier, Aside from freaking Jesus Kira taking over the main character spot, I actually like SD, dunno which episode 50 I'll watch though...

Nisa and Pram........My Strongest Mage and Fist fighter yet and only getting stronger....FLAT POWER! XD *is frozen by Pram then busted into pieces by Nisa*.

Current Obsession: Disgaea 4.......And Hii-chan X3.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Cervantes De Leon Posted: 15:39 May26 2011 Post ID: 3007261
Cervantes De Leon
Post Likes: 0
+
In the past two weeks, I have watched...

The whole first series of Working! (Starts somewhat meh-ish, but improves a fair bit as it goes on.)
Episodes 9-12 of Devil May Cry (Opinion unchanged from last mention of it.)
Episode 3 of the english dub of Haruhi series 2 (Maybe its only because its episode 2 of Endless Eight, but I'm not seeing the issues so many people had here.)
Episode 6 of C (By God that was an awesome episode, the battle near the end in particular. I can't have been the only one to get a Light Yagami vibe from Kou, right?).
Episode 7 of A-Channel (As if the series needed any more insinuation of Tooru being a lesbian.)
Episodes 1-6 of the english dub of Lucky Star (First five episodes don't really make it clear when one skit ends and another begins. Six seems to have fixed that problem and gone for a more put-together structure. Also, the irony from the frequent Haruhi referances through Konata and Haruhi sharing a voice actress.)

I also found the first four episodes of the Bandai english dub of K-On! (Yes, there's a non-Bandai one. Yes, the non-Bandai one is terrible.), which it took me a fair while to find due to the surprising lack of its existance on the Internet. The voices match the characters really well, though only the first four means I can't fully judge until we get some songs and hear Azusa's voice. Hopefully I'll be able to judge on this properly soon...when the Internet stops betraying me and actually has the rest of the series.

« Last edited by Cervantes De Leon on May 26th 2011 »

By ozzo

Mission debriefing: Now available
Espada Vampiro Posted: 19:21 May26 2011 Post ID: 3007328
Espada Vampiro
Fire Spirit Envoy's Pet.
+
I haven't seen a full episode of the K-On! Dub yet, but from the parts I do watch, I only really like Mio's English Voice, Ritsu's is ok, so is Yui's I guess, but I just still think the Japanese voices are better =P.

Anyway, finished off Seed Destiny, and watched episode 3 of Full Metal Panic earlier, as well as the new Bleach Episode.

Nisa and Pram........My Strongest Mage and Fist fighter yet and only getting stronger....FLAT POWER! XD *is frozen by Pram then busted into pieces by Nisa*.

Cervantes De Leon Posted: 09:47 May27 2011 Post ID: 3007533
Cervantes De Leon
+
Yeah, I really do like Mio's voice in the dub. Yui and Ritsu are done brilliantly too, and Mugi's fits her fine. Sawako is the only one that raises some issues, though its excusable seeing that she doesn't get to properly show herself until episode 5.

Finished Highschool of the Dead, which is so blatantly set up for a second series its almost as if it was cut short. The last two episodes are full of moments of awesome for the main cast, Rei in particular getting one in episode 11 that was well deserved on both sides of her weapon. In summary, look part the chief complaint this show has and its really rather good.

Also just watched episode 8 of A-Channel (The ending of that: D'aww) and episode 7 of C (Nice breather/character development/flashback episode).

By ozzo

Vasco Posted: 11:00 Jun12 2011 Post ID: 3017790
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
Post Likes: 7
+
Finally finished Nodame Cantabile! Also tried finishing Clannad and To Love-Ru, but quickly lost interest. I really want to watch Clannad so I can try After Story (supposed to be fantastic), but I'm on episode 7 and it still doesn't grab my attention. As for movies, watched Princess Mononoke and Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea - hoping to watch everything Miyazaki made this month.

Recently started Bakuman and K-ON!, but I just don't know what to watch. Here's my "Animes I'd like to see but haven't yet" folder:

Any suggestions?

« Last edited by Vasco on Jun 12th 2011 »

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
Espada Vampiro Posted: 21:21 Jun12 2011 Post ID: 3018321
Espada Vampiro
Fire Spirit Envoy's Pet.
+
Wow that's quite a bit.

OT: Finished Fairy Tail episode 8 earlier, gotta say, I thought I wouldn't like the show, but I like it, especially Erza and Mirajane XD.

« Last edited by Espada Vampiro on Jun 12th 2011 »

Vasco Posted: 08:44 Jun13 2011 Post ID: 3018678
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
+
Erza is awesome. She's probably my favorite female character out of any manga.

Once you're done with the anime, check out the manga. I think it's much better (and has a ton of ecchi, haha).

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
Cervantes De Leon Posted: 10:03 Jun13 2011 Post ID: 3018711
Cervantes De Leon
+
Vasco said:Finally finished Nodame Cantabile! Also tried finishing Clannad and To Love-Ru, but quickly lost interest. I really want to watch Clannad so I can try After Story (supposed to be fantastic), but I'm on episode 7 and it still doesn't grab my attention. As for movies, watched Princess Mononoke and Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea - hoping to watch everything Miyazaki made this month.

Recently started Bakuman and K-ON!, but I just don't know what to watch. Here's my "Animes I'd like to see but haven't yet" folder:

Any suggestions?

Well, K-ON!! once you're done with K-ON!, obviously. Soul Eater is pretty good of what I've watched (the first eight episodes) so far; and it just so happens that I have Angel Beats waiting to be watched on my hard drive too. XD

Lately, I've been continuing to watch Nichijou (insane), C (eps 8 and 9...sudden dark turn...and then some.), A-Channel (still K-On! minus instruments) and Lucky Star (nothing really happens...and yet its enjoyable). I also started Durarara!, which is pure fun...and weaponises vending machines.

By ozzo

Espada Vampiro Posted: 22:28 Jun15 2011 Post ID: 3021587
Espada Vampiro
Fire Spirit Envoy's Pet.
+
Finished episode 10 of Fairy Tail last night, Natsu's scene of "rescuing" Erza was hilarious.

Vasco said:Erza is awesome. She's probably my favorite female character out of any manga.

Once you're done with the anime, check out the manga. I think it's much better (and has a ton of ecchi, haha).

I'll be sure to do that =P.

nightmare2 Posted: 22:30 Jun15 2011 Post ID: 3021588
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
Yep Fairy Tail is awesome.

Started Hikaru No Go not sure why but its pretty interesting.
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
Vasco Posted: 07:36 Jun17 2011 Post ID: 3022318
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
+
Cervantes De Leon said:Well, K-ON!! once you're done with K-ON!, obviously. Soul Eater is pretty good of what I've watched (the first eight episodes) so far; and it just so happens that I have Angel Beats waiting to be watched on my hard drive too. XD

K-ON! might take a bit longer. I'm on episode 17 of Bakuman, and I'm really enjoying it. I've been hoping it gets a clear ending, but I've already read about a second season coming up later this year.

Also, currently on episode 4 of Nodame Cantabile: Paris-Hen. 28 episodes to see a kiss, finally.

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
Espada Vampiro Posted: 08:52 Jun18 2011 Post ID: 3022932
Espada Vampiro
Fire Spirit Envoy's Pet.
+
Just watched episodes 13-15 of Fairy Tail, Loving the series, quite a interesting back-story for Grey, I find it funny that Grey gets his stripping habit from Ur and Leon XD. And Sherry's "Love" moments make me laugh XD.

Soul Eater Posted: 04:10 Jun19 2011 Post ID: 3023322
Soul Eater
+
I'm knee-deep in re-watching School Days right now. I always liked the manga better, but I'm in an anime mood.

Also watched some Fist of the North Star the other night, great stuff.
team: [ s o u l . e a t e r s . a n o n y m o u s ]
Cervantes De Leon Posted: 17:00 Jun19 2011 Post ID: 3023595
Cervantes De Leon
+
School Days? I've heard nothing but bad things about that show...bad...things...
Also, nice boat.

Half way through Durarara now, which is quickly becoming one of my favourites. The plot advances at a swift pace without ever feeling forced, the characters are incredibly likable (which is something when your cast includes a headless motorcycle rider, a massive troll both on and offline and a guy described as 'violence incarnate') and the animation and music are both pretty good.
Also, having watched Baccano, the fairly common referances to its spiritual predecessor are nice.

By ozzo

Soul Eater Posted: 17:16 Jun19 2011 Post ID: 3023605
Soul Eater
+
Cervantes De Leon said:School Days? I've heard nothing but bad things about that show...bad...things...
Also, nice boat.

Nice boat end has to be at least the most original of anime endings.

And if you want the best of School Days (without finding a translated version of the visual novel around, which is really hard), read the manga. The manga is actually very, very good. It starts out as a regular school life / slice of life series, but things get twisted in the end. In a semi-realistic way, though, and the ending is really open for several interpretations. Sub-par anime, great manga.
team: [ s o u l . e a t e r s . a n o n y m o u s ]
Vasco Posted: 09:30 Jun21 2011 Post ID: 3024293
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
+
Finished watching Bakuman last night. Overall, I really enjoyed it, but I'm a bit disappointed with the "ending" (as expected, eh). I'll probably start reading the manga, because there's no way I'm going to wait five months to watch the new season one episode per week. Now, since I'm a bit tired of Nodame Cantabile, I'll be watching K-ON!.

On another note, caught Yakitate!! Ja-pan on TV a few hours ago. It's ridiculous, but I still watched two episodes in a row.

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
Cervantes De Leon Posted: 10:13 Jun21 2011 Post ID: 3024328
Cervantes De Leon
+
Just watched Pale Cocoon, which I must say is absolutely brilliant. I would say more on it, but it's only 20 minutes long, you might as well just look it up and watch for yourself.

By ozzo

Espada Vampiro Posted: 10:40 Jun22 2011 Post ID: 3024895
Espada Vampiro
Fire Spirit Envoy's Pet.
+
Just finished Fairy Tail's 19th episode, which was absolutely hilarious, looks like next episode It'll show Lisanna, and the younger versions of Erza and Mirajane, Flashback episode?, Can't wait to see it.

Vasco Posted: 09:49 Jun23 2011 Post ID: 3025260
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
+
Cervantes De Leon said:Just watched Pale Cocoon, which I must say is absolutely brilliant. I would say more on it, but it's only 20 minutes long, you might as well just look it up and watch for yourself.

Just downloaded it, will watch it sometime this weekend.

Now on episode 7 of K-ON!. Much, much better than I expected, really liking it. Quickly becoming a huge Mio fan.

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
Cervantes De Leon Posted: 13:02 Jun23 2011 Post ID: 3025345
Cervantes De Leon
+
Vasco said:Now on episode 7 of K-ON!. Much, much better than I expected, really liking it. Quickly becoming a huge Mio fan.

Welcome to the (light music) club.

Finally got round to finishing a series I started watching about a year and a half ago, Claymore. It's not too bad; easily one of the darkest of the shonen jump action series and manages to play about with some of the shonen cliches (the 'mentor character' is one that springs to mind in particular, alongside the 'nobody dies in Bleach' meme). One criticism I would have to give it is Raki being - for the first half, at least - fairly useless, with the best episodes being a group of flashback episodes that don't involve him at all...and the final handful, where he finally, for lack of a better term, grows a pair.
If you want a darker, more serious alternative to Bleach (that also has a conclusion...for the anime, at least), then give Claymore a go.

...*goes back to listening to Mio's image song*

By ozzo

Displaying Page 8 of 15
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 13 | 14 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close