Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Mod Clearout Stage 2

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 6

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Last     Previous | Next
qwertyuio Posted: 22:05 Mar31 2010 Post ID: 2822379
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
Others certainly don't seem to think so, Derek.

Basically, guys, think of it this way, how many moderators are there usually on a big site like this one? Maybe like 10? 15? We've got like 40, and this is how we plan on cutting back. I know a lot of you are amazing mods...but the extra help is just not necessary, especially considering we've now a bulk of smods, and none of us are getting demoted due to out immense experience and such.

But hey, there's always a chance it is some sort of joke, I suppose. But by the same token, this wasn't made on April Fools, as is traditional.
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
rate_me Posted: 22:41 Mar31 2010 Post ID: 2822387
rate_me
Post Likes: 2
+
I see where the smods are comming from. The original sweep was to weed out anyone unfit to mod and narrow it down. Now this round it to make the final selection. Having said that, I think that this still sucks.

Sig by roadkillman997

Battle guide last updated July 22

New account is _amo_
Austinanymous Posted: 22:44 Mar31 2010 Post ID: 2822388
Austinanymous
Post Likes: 0
+
Anarchy in the S.C.?
"i once killed an antelope, you should come over for dinner"
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 22:51 Mar31 2010 Post ID: 2822393
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
Austinanymous said:Anarchy in the S.C.?

Don't say that, Buggy's going to have a field day. :|
qwertyuio Posted: 23:18 Mar31 2010 Post ID: 2822397
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
+
In regards to Dave returning, I must make it clear to you lot that it's not necessarily our choice in the matter. Rich believes it is necessary, and we all know that Rich has always supported Dave. Not all of the smods/admins agree with it, but it's not within our right to go against Rich. =/
guy in oakland Posted: 23:38 Mar31 2010 Post ID: 2822400
guy in oakland
Post Likes: 5
+
I'm just gonna say this now,if this is a joke it wasn't really that funny and you Smods/admins need to try harder

that being said I like the idea but one mod pe forum isn't a good idea,IMO it should be 2 per general forum and 1 per gaming forum.if you want to assign two for pokemon be my guest

PSN-intayaz

CurryMonster Posted: 02:23 Apr01 2010 Post ID: 2822429
CurryMonster
A Professional with Standard
+
I'm loving the overwhelming sense of entitlement from some of you guys. Do any of you genuinely believe that just because you've held the spot for a couple of years, it belongs to you and you alone? The Rich giveth, and the Rich taketh away. It just so happens to be that this week he's doing a lot more takething than usual. When it comes down to it, you only hold these spots because he said you could. And now he's saying you can't.

The Undying Night Book 1: Fiendlord. GET IT HERE.
tbug2007 Posted: 06:37 Apr01 2010 Post ID: 2822477
tbug2007
Da Bug
Post Likes: 4
+
Anarchy?

FIELD DAY. Flag football for everybody.

ubr cuulness by Craizin the raizin. <3

FILIP R POLICE
Volke Posted: 07:02 Apr01 2010 Post ID: 2822484
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
I know many of you will be unhappy with Dave returning, and thus I did suggest that I be promoted to Admin instead so that you'd all be much more satisfied (an act of kindness on my behalf). However, Rich insisted that Dave be promoted, although I'd be his no. 1 choice if Dave declines and he feels that he wants to promote a Super Mod, so maybe you won't view it as curtains just yet.

At the end of the day, it's Rich's decision. Although not all Super Mods and Admins were in favour of Dave's return, promotion to the Administrator rank is purely Rich's decision, although many upper staff agreed with his decision.

Seriously, though, I'm relieved that I'm not a Moderator during this time.

Oh, and Forgoten_Scars, I'm assuming you keep your socks in very good condition and sew up any holes that begin to develop.
mr.619 Posted: 11:57 Apr01 2010 Post ID: 2822574
mr.619
Wisco
+
Lol.

Obvious April fools is obvious.
ChrisMaclean Posted: 15:56 Apr01 2010 Post ID: 2822663
ChrisMaclean
Kusanagi's Man
+
Ninetailed Fox said:With summer coming SuperCheats will get more active so T&C will need active moderators. Still being a new moderator I may not have as much experience as ChrisMaclean but I have done as much modding, if not more in the T&C section as of late since I've been promoted to a T&C moderator.

I may have been moderating Teams and Clans for almost a year, but overall, I am still learning, and sometimes I make mistakes, but I know one of my fellow partners manages to help out even if I'm not there.

Which is kind of hard for this semi-veteran T&C Moderator for not having easy access on here after since my Wi-Fi has been shot down Sunday, and I don't like using the computer I'm using. =/

Forgoten_Scars said:T&C is fine with little Jacky and me.

It's Jackie. No "y". It's with an "ie". :P

Now for my intake on this Clearout predicament.

For the Anime/Cartoons/Comics Forum: I believe I have done all the work I could do there. sk8rboy has been very active there, and he actully deserves it more than me by a longshot.

For SuperCheats Times: Luke is the perfect candidate, but I highly think I should also deserve my spot back there as well. I know I haven't been the most active moderator there, but I always get the chance to look into it everyday.

Now for the opinion, I'm in a situation like this. I'm for it.

Why I am for it is because it helps rid of the inactive moderators, and helps keep in our active one's which the Super Moderators and our four administrators, and soon to be fifth if I read the topic precisely can rely on within specific instructions given. True we may later have less than 30 or so, but with those 30 or so trusted moderators, our forums and Teams and Clans could also be much more alert than before even though the number of moderators would have diminished by around half, but it's totally worth it in my opinion. Go for it.

Somebody really needs to tell me these kinds of things ahead of time since my Wii Wi-Fi is completely obliverated from the many tornadoes that hit my home state Sunday. I'd really appreciate it. D:

Signature by your's truly~
Aura Kingdom IGN: ASarcasticMage Level 77 Sorcerer/Wizard
Hel_Sama Level 42 Necromancer/Sorcerer
Sarmus Level 61 Duelist/Gunslinger
Lzxa Level 60 Ravager/Gunslinger
JackiePotato Level 47 Brawler/Ronin
Jack said:Should put something interesting here but lazy
balthiersbit Posted: 16:41 Apr01 2010 Post ID: 2822676
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
Post Likes: 188
+
qwertyuio said:In regards to Dave returning, I must make it clear to you lot that it's not necessarily our choice in the matter. Rich believes it is necessary, and we all know that Rich has always supported Dave. Not all of the smods/admins agree with it, but it's not within our right to go against Rich. =/

I would like to state for the record that Im still against all this. I will say again, that this site is large and needs a large amount of moderators to cover the positions and using the same old tiring excuse that the smods are now pretty active means little to nothing.

The idea of Dave coming back with his tyrannical ways is also something I stated quite firmly that I did not want to see. To add another Admin yet lower the Mod count confuses me greatly.

Almost cut and pasted from the Smod topic I might add.

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..

Town Idiot25 Posted: 16:58 Apr01 2010 Post ID: 2822681
Town Idiot25
DANG IT BOBBEH!
+
CurryMonster said:I'm loving the overwhelming sense of entitlement from some of you guys. Do any of you genuinely believe that just because you've held the spot for a couple of years, it belongs to you and you alone? The Rich giveth, and the Rich taketh away. It just so happens to be that this week he's doing a lot more takething than usual. When it comes down to it, you only hold these spots because he said you could. And now he's saying you can't.

This. This. This.

A Quote
Within a Quote?

POSTCEPTION
mr.619 Posted: 17:02 Apr01 2010 Post ID: 2822684
mr.619
Wisco
+
I think everyone's figured out already that this is an April Fool's joke.

If you haven't yet, I lol at you.
qwertyuio Posted: 17:08 Apr01 2010 Post ID: 2822689
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
+
Mac, our April Fools joke was the pink skin thing, we're quite serious about this.

Pretty soon we'll start removing you guys, I'm guessing sometime tomorrow. We're done with the majority of our selections and whatnot already. It's going to be taken down to about 20 mods.
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 17:13 Apr01 2010 Post ID: 2822694
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
Volke said:Oh, and Forgoten_Scars, I'm assuming you keep your socks in very good condition and sew up any holes that begin to develop.

Nope, I sit back and watch those holes destroy the sock. Guess that could be comparable to this thread. xD
Gamerad Posted: 17:22 Apr01 2010 Post ID: 2822698
Gamerad
Post Likes: 1
+
Sorry for those rooting me on for admin :(

Austinanymous Posted: 17:36 Apr01 2010 Post ID: 2822707
Austinanymous
+
qwertyuio said:Mac, our April Fools joke was the pink skin thing, we're quite serious about this.

Pretty soon we'll start removing you guys, I'm guessing sometime tomorrow. We're done with the majority of our selections and whatnot already. It's going to be taken down to about 20 mods.

And then you put everyone back the day after... right?!

RIGHT?!
"i once killed an antelope, you should come over for dinner"
balthiersbit Posted: 17:38 Apr01 2010 Post ID: 2822709
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
Post Likes: 188
+
Gamerad said:Sorry for those rooting me on for admin :(

You can be my receptionist.

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..

zeldafan11 Posted: 18:51 Apr01 2010 Post ID: 2822765
zeldafan11
Sanity: false
+
My hub has yet to be affected...

Oh, this is either a HUGE Aprils Fools day joke or the real deal, leaning (Heavily) towards real though.

« Last edited by zeldafan11 on Apr 1st 2010 »

Sir Alex, the Ruby Knight of Everlasting Life
Displaying Page 3 of 6

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close