Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Mod Clearout Stage 2

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 6

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Last     Previous | Next
rate_me Posted: 18:01 Mar31 2010 Post ID: 2822221
rate_me
Post Likes: 2
+
While initially I thought that this was an April Fool's joke, but it isn't worth risking.

I should not be removed from being moderator of the Debate and Discussion forum because I have actively taken a roll in improving the forum in my short time as moderator there. I have had discussions on how the rules are to be enforced, interpreted, and applied to posts with Catharsis on msn on several occasions, as well as spending time working on how to improve them so that they are not only more relaxed but also elicit post of a higher quality from the forum's patrons.

In addition, I am well respected by the main posters of the Debate and Discussion forum, including YoSoyJu, Patriot X, sphynxx,and others, and they listen to me. Because I lurk D&D at the very least every time I am on Supercheats, I know how the posters think, and I know how to deal with the various situations which may arise. With this respect I can better execute the rules of the Debate and Discussion forum, allowing it to run more smoothly.

Sig by roadkillman997

Battle guide last updated July 22

New account is _amo_
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Ninetailed Fox Posted: 18:43 Mar31 2010 Post ID: 2822249
Ninetailed Fox
Kitsune
Post Likes: 6
+
I'm not sure if this is a joke or not but, since there's a chance it isn't I'm going to defend my spot.

I have been doing my job modding T&C to the best of my ability. I've helped a few new members learn the rules and correct them when they've made mistakes. I've always done my best to enforce the rules there and I believe I have done a good job. Being an active member and I often catch a lot of stuff such as double posts and such.

It was agreed on already that we need more moderators in T&C so it makes little sense removing a moderator who has been doing their job when moderators are needed the most. Sometimes I may miss something but that is the reason theres more then one moderator, if someone overlooks something another moderator will catch it. I believe that is teamwork because theres usually someone else there to help out.

With summer coming SuperCheats will get more active so T&C will need active moderators. Still being a new moderator I may not have as much experience as ChrisMaclean but I have done as much modding, if not more in the T&C section as of late since I've been promoted to a T&C moderator.

I do my best everyday to enforce the rules in T&C and will continue doing so if given the chance to keep my spot. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
Layne. Posted: 18:49 Mar31 2010 Post ID: 2822254
Layne.
Post Likes: 0
+
Well congratulations to Vee, then. I would fight it but I personally see Vee a better person for the role, which most of the smods and admins obviously do too. Don't get my wrong, i'd love to keep my spot, but oh well. Just like to wish him and the rest of the moderators good luck in handling their new (well sorta new) roles.Smile

« Last edited by Layne. on Mar 31st 2010 »

Nicooooole<3
Austinanymous Posted: 18:54 Mar31 2010 Post ID: 2822255
Austinanymous
+
If I wasn't still skeptical beyond comprehension I still wouldn't bother defending myself. The higher power has made it's decision, arguing is pointless. Not like I'd stand a chance anyways.
"i once killed an antelope, you should come over for dinner"
guy in oakland Posted: 20:26 Mar31 2010 Post ID: 2822294
guy in oakland
Post Likes: 5
+
Badly time joke if this is one,April 1st for most of us isn't even here yet

anywho,I'd personally like to not lose my sports moderation spot.for 2 1/2 years I've been a mod there,that's 5/6 of my total time on supercheats.

I'd go on explaining more but typing on the iPod isnt that enjoyable

PSN-intayaz

coachcline Posted: 20:30 Mar31 2010 Post ID: 2822298
coachcline
Just call me Coach
Post Likes: 1
+
Not entirely sure if this is a joke or not but here's my response:

Are you serious!? If this is real then I'll be losing all of my spots! I have been a mod on this site for nearly three years, three! And this is how I'm repaid? This is probably the only reason I think this might be a joke, there's no reason for me to be quite literally demoted.

Since this might be real, I'd like to contest my Hub spot, the only one that seems unfair & frankly, angering:

I've been a mod on this website for nearly three years. My very first mod spot was in Pokemon Diamond & I gradually accumulated mod spots in Pokemon forums up until I got the Hub spot. I've always served to the best of my ability & worked hard at it enforcing the rules fairly. I'm active on SC AT LEAST once per day & always check the Hub for any rule infractions. I'm an avid poster in the Pokemon Hub as I'm a big Pokemon fan. I'm also responsible for most of the news breaking when it breaks if that counts for anything. I'm also very knowledgable in the Pokemon games, giving helpful advice whenever I can help somebody out. I've always enforced the rules to the best of my ability & treated new members who simply haven't read the rules yet lightly & sincerely. I've never had a major report on me or been in any major trouble on this site before. Of the mod spots that I'm in danger of losing, this is the only one that seems to me unjust & angering. I'll admit that FG & especially Staff don't need much moderation so I'm fine with losing those. And General Chat, while I think that I'm deserving of the spot, is almost always watched over by Super Mods so it wouldn't kill me to lose it either. But my Hub spot, that's a different story entirely. The Hub is extremely active, being one of if not the most active spot on the forums & it needs more than one mod, three are needed imo, but that's just me. I just don't understand why you would remove my Hub spot, frankly. If I'm doing something wrong then please, make me aware of it so that I can correct myself. You can take all of my other spots, this is the only one that I'll contest. The Hub needs more than one mod, trust me, I know. I don't want it to seem like I'm begging but I've worked hard for nearly 3 years on this site as a mod & I just don't understand why you'd completely demote me now. I'm mostly saddened & angered somewhat because of this. Of course I'll respect your decision & won't go off in some flame rage even though I'd probably like to, all things considered. But who wouldn't if they were in my position? I just don't see why you'd demote me completely now, I've worked so hard as a mod here & I just simply don't deserve this. So I'd like you to consider letting me keep my Hub spot, please. And thanks for your time.

...I swear, this confounds & frustrates me. I just don't understand this at all. I hope this is an April Fool's joke, I really do. But if this is real, I think you'll be making a mistake in demoting me. And if I do lose all of my spots, I'll seriously consider leaving.

And here I thought I had a decent shot at a promotion this year...damn...

Siggy proudly brought to you by .Impact!
[insert random quote or phrase that makes the sig space look less bare]
hatershateme Posted: 20:47 Mar31 2010 Post ID: 2822327
hatershateme
Mr. Forum Games!
Post Likes: 4
+
neptis has me beat for the spot...so, im screwed out of the New Members.
This is stupid.

superbird5005 is Bae

Sig and Avy: Craizen

sphynxx said:Step aside people, Mr. forum games coming through. ;)

digireaper Posted: 21:02 Mar31 2010 Post ID: 2822347
digireaper
+
Im a little skeptical on this decision, although i had a feeling in my mind that this might happen although i doubted that it would.

Im mostly on board with this although i have some problems with the Teams & Clans and Fourm Games decisions, First of all i thought their was a topic made recently that requested a few more T&C Moderaters and I would like some insight on this. As for Fourm Games I personally think that there should be at least 3 Moderaters in one of the most popular spam plaza's in the entire site, I just think in needs more vigalence then one person can give it.

Alrighty then, those are my inquiries on this topic.

« Last edited by digireaper on Mar 31st 2010 »

Do not waste your time on Social Questions. What is the matter with the poor is Poverty; what is the matter with the rich is Uselessness.

Tank!
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 21:13 Mar31 2010 Post ID: 2822356
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
Coach, you make me laugh. xD

T&C is fine with little Jacky and me.
coachcline Posted: 21:17 Mar31 2010 Post ID: 2822358
coachcline
Just call me Coach
+
Forgoten_Scars said:Coach, you make me laugh. xD

Really, why's that? It's not like I'm in any danger of losin' all my spots or anything. Provided that this is actually real.

Forgoten_Scars Posted: 21:23 Mar31 2010 Post ID: 2822359
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
+
Hurr... sorry qwert. Have to say it.

Coach, pay attention to the first post. Who in their right mind would let Dave back into Administration?
coachcline Posted: 21:27 Mar31 2010 Post ID: 2822361
coachcline
Just call me Coach
+
I did, I've read it several times. I just don't wanna risk it. And if this is real, then my peace has already been spoken in advance. And about Dave, I'm not so sure Rich wouldn't let Dave back in, he was Admin for a long time you know. Whether or not this is indeed real, we'll find out tomorrow. I have my fingers crossed that it isn't.

hatershateme Posted: 21:27 Mar31 2010 Post ID: 2822362
hatershateme
Mr. Forum Games!
+
Forgoten_Scars said:Hurr... sorry qwert. Have to say it.

Coach, pay attention to the first post. Who in their right mind would let Dave back into Administration?

Hopefully nobody. Everyone is going to be p i s s e d when they lose there spots for no reason.

« Last edited by hatershateme on Mar 31st 2010 »

superbird5005 is Bae

mr.619 Posted: 21:35 Mar31 2010 Post ID: 2822367
mr.619
Wisco
+
Wait, I'm lost.

So, if we're on the list, we're all good? Or is it bad to be on the list?
coachcline Posted: 21:37 Mar31 2010 Post ID: 2822368
coachcline
Just call me Coach
+
No, the people on the list are the ones that are safe.

hatershateme Posted: 21:37 Mar31 2010 Post ID: 2822369
hatershateme
Mr. Forum Games!
+
If you are on the list, you keep the position. Everyone who mods with you, will lose their spots.

superbird5005 is Bae

mr.619 Posted: 21:38 Mar31 2010 Post ID: 2822370
mr.619
Wisco
+
Oh. Well, then I won't be needing my first post in here then.

I'd be shocked if this truly was an apirl fools joke though.
coachcline Posted: 21:39 Mar31 2010 Post ID: 2822371
coachcline
Just call me Coach
+
It would be a sick joke if it is. Sick, I tell you. Almost like that time they said the sig size limit was gonna be 300 x 100.

Layne. Posted: 21:40 Mar31 2010 Post ID: 2822372
Layne.
+
Wasn't that the point of Derek's post? o_O

Nicooooole<3
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 21:45 Mar31 2010 Post ID: 2822373
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
+
Smods need to work better on these things. No offense TV, but this topic has more holes in it than my socks.
Displaying Page 2 of 6

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close