Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon LeafGreen

Team Rating Thread (In-Game and NetBattle)

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 30
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 28 | 29 | Last     Next
Cross Stinger Posted at: 20:38 Sep15 2005 Post ID: 413365
Cross Stinger
Terrible Treecko
Post Likes: 41
+
+
Due to the influx of team rating threads in the Pok�mon forums, I have decided to create a uniform thread for team rating requests. This is to include competitive teams (e.g. for NetBattle) and progress teams.

All other team threads will be closed now, as will others formed in the future.
nintendo_dude Posted at: 10:26 Sep16 2005 Post ID: 414250
nintendo_dude
Post Likes: 1
+
+
None are closed here yet. I'll close all I see on page 1.

I'm finished here...

Special thanks to Yossy666 for the avatar and signature images.
GamerJustinShiel Posted at: 13:12 Sep16 2005 Post ID: 414386
GamerJustinShiel
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
In reply to my steel team, I hit a stumbling block. My registeel knows:

Curse
Thunderbolt
Metal Claw
Earthquake

and is trying to learn Superpower, should I teach it to him, and if so, what do I rid him of for it?

I can't remove curse because that would be the only reason I add superpower because of it's negative effect, and metal claw is his only steel move, so what do you think?
"It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power." -Shadow "I still remember what I promised you, for the people of this planet. I promise you, REVENGE!" -
No one knows Shadow better than me. Or likes him more either. Go ahead, try me.
retroguy Posted at: 14:20 Sep16 2005 Post ID: 414493
retroguy
Forum GuestBanned
+
+
Im sorry, I dont know about Superpower move. Explain it then maybe i can help. THanks
Im back

If you wanna talk to me, i dont really use MSN anymore.
Tyom Posted at: 15:57 Sep16 2005 Post ID: 414719
Tyom
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Plz r8 my team

Machamp@Liechi berry
Revenge
Earthquake
Rock slide
Aerial ace

Mewtwo@Lum Berry
Calm mind
Psychic
Flmaethrower
Recover

Gengar@Leftovers
Will-o-wisp
Haze
Mean look
Psychic

Cloyster@Leftovers
Spikes
Rapid spin
Toxic
Ice beam

Blastoise@Leftovers
Mirror coat
Haze
Yawn
Surf

Charizard@Salac Berry
Belly drum
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Aerial Ace

This is a link battling team ne 1 tell me were 2 get net battle?[right][/right]
retroguy Posted at: 17:53 Sep16 2005 Post ID: 414979
retroguy
Forum GuestBanned
+
+
tvsian.net--->
<<<netbattle.net---^

[color=turquoise][b]Welcome to the forums! Enjoy your Supercheats experience! I moderate LeafGreen, and other stuff. [/color][/b]

Im not a very good team rater.

Ill give it a crack.

Machamp: If hes at a high level, try Seismic Toss instead of Rock Slide. Nice moveset.

Mewtwo: A nice regular popular set. Not much to explain.

Gengar: Try Curse instead of Haze. Can it learn Curse? Im not very experienced w/ Gengar.

Cloyster: Unpopular but good pokemon. This moveset looks very good. :-)

Blastoise: Surf/Mirror Coat/Yawn. Good. Haze: Maybe. Tops, have 1 hazer per team. having 2 pokemon with haze is not a good idea.

Charizard: Good.

Ah, my 1st rating in a while.

[b][color=red]9/10[/b][/color]

Talk to Fwank, Bleep for good rating.
Im back

If you wanna talk to me, i dont really use MSN anymore.
Bronco11 Posted at: 18:04 Sep16 2005 Post ID: 415010
Bronco11
+
+
On 16-Sep-2005 GamerJustinShiel said:In reply to my steel team, I hit a stumbling block. My registeel knows:

Curse
Thunderbolt
Metal Claw
Earthquake

and is trying to learn Superpower, should I teach it to him, and if so, what do I rid him of for it?

I can't remove curse because that would be the only reason I add superpower because of it's negative effect, and metal claw is his only steel move, so what do you think?
I must admit that i am very dissapointed in you GJS. Registeel is a TANK!!!!!!!!! Superpower is for scumbags. Use this.
? Iron Defense
? Amneia
? Earthquake
? Thunderbolt
As for Registeel in-game he is fine, but if you go on NB, you'll realise his uber title is on the brink.
GamerJustinShiel Posted at: 18:23 Sep16 2005 Post ID: 415083
GamerJustinShiel
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Actually, a better move set would be(for netbattle, a killer)

@Leftovers
Amnesia
Iron Defense
Rest
Toxic

But this is ingame, not netbattle, I just need to know, I've had the move choice screen on for hours waiting for a reply, lol, and my GBA-SP is about to die!

And retro: Superpower is:

Type: Fighting
Power: 120
Acc: 100
PP: 5
Effect: Lowers user's atk and def.

That's why I'd need curse, he's already slow anyway.
"It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power." -Shadow "I still remember what I promised you, for the people of this planet. I promise you, REVENGE!" -
Bronco11 Posted at: 19:01 Sep16 2005 Post ID: 415213
Bronco11
+
+
I think it's works just as well. If something kills in nb, it's gonna kill in in-game. Which is why my in-game team got a 7 on the competitive scale.
GamerJustinShiel Posted at: 19:03 Sep16 2005 Post ID: 415219
GamerJustinShiel
Forum GuestMember
+
+
But for ingame, what do you think about superpower(I'm horrible at these kind of decisions, lol)
Bronco11 Posted at: 20:18 Sep16 2005 Post ID: 415458
Bronco11
+
+
IMO, it sucks. So does Registeel. Registeel is for battling unskilled idiots who have 100% NU's. Use Forretress. (Man that badboy can Spike) Anyways Toxi-Spike the opponent to 30-35 Hp, and one Earthquake, or Rock Slide will kill it (The good thing is, Forretress is one of the only Pokemon who does not have to breed to learn Spikes =D)
Fwank Posted at: 01:51 Sep17 2005 Post ID: 416547
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
+
+ the toxic set isn't good for NB... not everybody is as noob as the people you win against...
nintendo_dude Posted at: 04:01 Sep17 2005 Post ID: 416674
nintendo_dude
+
+
Tyom: pretty good team there.
GJS: I'm curious, why do you have a Steel type team?

I'm finished here...

GamerJustinShiel Posted at: 13:22 Sep17 2005 Post ID: 417913
GamerJustinShiel
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 16-Sep-2005 Bronco11 said:IMO, it sucks. So does Registeel. Registeel is for battling unskilled idiots who have 100% NU's. Use Forretress. (Man that badboy can Spike) Anyways Toxi-Spike the opponent to 30-35 Hp, and one Earthquake, or Rock Slide will kill it (The good thing is, Forretress is one of the only Pokemon who does not have to breed to learn Spikes =D)
But spikes only works when a pokemon is switched, so how would toxic work with that. And that combo I found with registeel was also posted from a pokesite for all ultimate pokemon movesets, and the one for registeel I thought up, I checked if it was one, and it's his ultimate moveset. But fortress ain't too bad, just not on my top 6 steel pokemon. But think of I't unless the opponent is steel/poison, registeel pwns:

Just use Iron Def/Amnesia about twice each(then more later) after so your Defenses will have skyrocketed, and the damage you recieve while doing that is recovered by leftovers(cause at that point, you'll take almost no damage). Then use toxic. Then rest, three turns is not nearly enough to KO a +4 Def and Sp. Def registeel, then just repeat the Iron Def/Amnesia 1 more time and rest when needed and you got yourself a 1-man-team built for pwning.
GamerJustinShiel Posted at: 20:24 Sep17 2005 Post ID: 419191
GamerJustinShiel
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I just used the registeel I posted with iron, amnes, rest, and toxic on nb, and I pwned his mewtwo, salamence, aerodactyl, blaziken, mylotic, and slaking. I told you, it was gold.
Fwank Posted at: 08:22 Sep18 2005 Post ID: 420189
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
+
amnesia + iron defense is BEGGING for a haze/phaze... if you're up against a real opponent, you pump once, and you're going to prevent them from hazing/phazing...

toxic spike works wonders; you ever been toxic'ed before? you die like SHYAT, you wana SWITCH ASAP AND HEAL THEM ASAP... so when you do that, boom, you just lost 25% hp + you are about to get toxicated

and that team is crap =S combo of pure sweepers, not one phaze/hazer in site... stop comparing with noobs and battle against... SS5 or bleep or someone, it's decent but it's not the best -_-" (not just haze/ you can be taunted, bronx's regi at least resists taunt...)
pokecrusher Posted at: 11:19 Sep18 2005 Post ID: 420591
pokecrusher
Forum GuestBanned
+
+
On 16-Sep-2005 Tyom said:Plz r8 my team

Machamp@Liechi berry
Revenge
Earthquake
Rock slide
Aerial ace

Mewtwo@Lum Berry
Calm mind
Psychic
Flmaethrower
Recover

Gengar@Leftovers
Will-o-wisp
Haze
Mean look
Psychic

Cloyster@Leftovers
Spikes
Rapid spin
Toxic
Ice beam

Blastoise@Leftovers
Mirror coat
Haze
Yawn
Surf

Charizard@Salac Berry
Belly drum
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Aerial Ace

This is a link battling team ne 1 tell me were 2 get net battle?[right][/right]
quick rating...8.2/10
Man I just dont know anymore.
Bronco11 Posted at: 17:08 Sep18 2005 Post ID: 421274
Bronco11
+
+
On 17-Sep-2005 GamerJustinShiel said:But spikes only works when a pokemon is switched, so how would toxic work with that. And that combo I found with registeel was also posted from a pokesite for all ultimate pokemon movesets, and the one for registeel I thought up, I checked if it was one, and it's his ultimate moveset. But fortress ain't too bad, just not on my top 6 steel pokemon. But think of I't unless the opponent is steel/poison, registeel pwns:

Just use Iron Def/Amnesia about twice each(then more later) after so your Defenses will have skyrocketed, and the damage you recieve while doing that is recovered by leftovers(cause at that point, you'll take almost no damage). Then use toxic. Then rest, three turns is not nearly enough to KO a +4 Def and Sp. Def registeel, then just repeat the Iron Def/Amnesia 1 more time and rest when needed and you got yourself a 1-man-team built for pwning.
XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD!!!! Toxic wears down the opponents health, which will often frustrate the opponent, and want to make them switch. The Regis suck anyways. I stopped using them over a year ago. All you need is a Ground Fire Type Pokemon to send all of 'em packing.
nintendo_dude Posted at: 10:59 Sep19 2005 Post ID: 422411
nintendo_dude
+
+
I have started again and have a new team but I can't be bothered posting it.

I'm finished here...

GamerJustinShiel Posted at: 19:12 Sep19 2005 Post ID: 423349
GamerJustinShiel
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 18-Sep-2005 Bronco11 said:XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD!!!! Toxic wears down the opponents health, which will often frustrate the opponent, and want to make them switch. The Regis suck anyways. I stopped using them over a year ago. All you need is a Ground Fire Type Pokemon to send all of 'em packing.
My opponent tried switching, I just used toxic until his whole team was poisoned, how about a deoxys-L, what do you think of 1 of these movesets:

@Leftovers
Recover
Iron Defense
Amnesia
Toxic

Or:

@Leftovers
Psychic
Calm Mind
Iron Defense
Recover

And don't tell me about HAZE, what good is a team without stat increasers. I finally accepted stat increasers after you all said that they were needed(and found that I like stat boosters), and now you say that stat increasers are a waste of time?
Displaying Page 1 of 30
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 28 | 29 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 213562

Post Top
Click to close