Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon LeafGreen

Team Rating Thread (In-Game and NetBattle)

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 30
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | 28 | 29 | Last     Previous | Next
GamerJustinShiel Posted at: 18:35 Sep27 2005 Post ID: 436710
GamerJustinShiel
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
You know how I had my Steel team just recently at Lv100, well for the past 2 days, I've been working on a dark team, and after 2 days, here's what I've got:

Murkrow Lv72
Fly
Steel Wing
Aerial Ace
Shadow Ball

Mightyena Lv73
Howl
Crunch
Shadow Ball
Iron Tail

Sneasle Lv73
Brick Break
Shadow Ball
Aerial Ace
Slash

Sharpedo Lv73
Surf
Crunch
Ice Beam
Earthquake

Absol Lv73
Slash
Swords Dance
Iron Tail
Shadow Ball

Houndoom Lv73
Crunch
Flamethrower
Sludge Bomb
Iron Tail
"It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power." -Shadow "I still remember what I promised you, for the people of this planet. I promise you, REVENGE!" -
No one knows Shadow better than me. Or likes him more either. Go ahead, try me.
retroguy Posted at: 06:39 Sep28 2005 Post ID: 437457
retroguy
Forum GuestBanned
+
+
I wouldnt make sets with all 1 type.

They could get burnt by 1 pokemon.

But, anyways the team looks pretty good.
Im back

If you wanna talk to me, i dont really use MSN anymore.
Fwank Posted at: 11:00 Sep28 2005 Post ID: 437547
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
+
absol can also perish phaze... handy sometimes, and sneasel really should get swords dance... instead of crunch, mighty should go with something else, and you DEFEATELY need umbreon in there somewhere... all your pokes are same arch-typed not to mention same weaknesses in terms of stats alone... (umby will change that =D)

houndoom as special sweeper
absol as physical sweeper
sneasel can be physical too, mightyena can be annoyer or another hard hitter using howl...
umbreon can either wish pass or sub pass, depending on the rest of your team... mean look/pass is very attractive with taunt torment =P but the rest of your team won't make use of it very well...

meh... since you have sharpedo and absol... why not try using shiftry and cacturne? shiftry + houndoom is pretty cool... oh well good luck with yer monotyping~
GamerJustinShiel Posted at: 21:22 Sep28 2005 Post ID: 438602
GamerJustinShiel
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I know that 1 type could kill it. But it's my goal to train a team for every type. So far I've trained a Steel and a Psychic team to Lv100, then I have an Eevee team, so I did 2/18 teams so far.

Fwank: Yeah, Absol is a great sweeper, but he takes hits like a baby, lol. And I wanted Swords Dance for sneasle, but AR only goes so far, I can't program moves for them. That's the problem with most Dark pokemon, no stat enhancers, except howl/swords dance.

I'm gonna train Umbreon in my Eevee team. Shiftry/Cacturn is in my grass team. And no one mentioned why I don't have T-tar in my team, but he's for my rock team anyway.

And they're all now 10 Lvs stronger than when I last posted Smile
"It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power." -Shadow "I still remember what I promised you, for the people of this planet. I promise you, REVENGE!" -
Fwank Posted at: 07:09 Sep29 2005 Post ID: 439103
Fwank
+
+
yeah? i didn't think of tyranitar XD coz u never associate it as a dark poke... coz no one tries to exploit that weakness (xept fighting, but thats a staple now)

you could try breeding for it from other pokes, such n such... it's hard to figure out a proper chain, but yeah... maybe u could get it on an ice poke that learns it from the move tutor, and breed a sneasel... lotsa organising, but kinda worthit..

absol takes hits like a baby = exactli the reason i said stick to being a perish phazer, it minimizes the damage window to 2 rounds if they're daring... + you'd switch out, and they gota switch too (if they dont, poke dies, stil need to switch) so it's a new hand of cards for both of yous... i'd usuali say keep absol as a delay-play... using perish + future sight and all... but that's too hard to compliment with other pokes, so no dee...

btw, try making a ghost monoteam... so far thats the onli crap monoteam i've got... hoping in coming versions they'll implement more ghost pokes...
GamerJustinShiel Posted at: 20:20 Sep29 2005 Post ID: 439994
GamerJustinShiel
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I do breed, STRANGELY, I chain bred a Gyarados with a Seaking, and then with a Clamperl, just so I could get thunder and thunderbolt for it. So now I have a Gorbyss with Thunder/Thunderbolt/Surf/Psychic.

I love the phaze/perish combo, but against the E-4, I use Absol against Sidney, and if I were to use the perish song/switch combo, well, heed gain half the exp. from the switch, and I can kill his pokes in less than 3 turns. But in nb I have a phazer/perish absol, with Wobuffet so they cant switch, FWAHAHAHAHA!

I choose my next team by picking a pokemon TCG card and see what the poke is, if I pick Ghost, I will have picked my top 4 fav types in a row, Psychic, Steel, Dark, and Ghost. And they are pretty much a monoteam, only enough different ghost pokemon for 1 team, Shedinja, Gengar, Misdrevious, Bannet, Dusclops, and Sableye. Isn't it weird that, excluding their 1st and/or 2nd stages, that there are only 6 ghost pokemon?
Fwank Posted at: 01:02 Sep30 2005 Post ID: 440312
Fwank
+
+
"But in nb I have a phazer/perish absol, with Wobuffet so they cant switch" hmm i got banned for doing that too... how come you... nvm

yes -_-" my ghost monoteam sucks so much i had to change gengar from a perish singer to either a sub or a special sweep -_-" ... bannette physical, dusclops wall, misdreavus perish singer, shedinja reading cut, sableye is just crap...............
bleepman Posted at: 10:50 Oct02 2005 Post ID: 445222
bleepman
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 29-Sep-2005 Fwank said:yeah? i didn't think of tyranitar XD coz u never associate it as a dark poke... coz no one tries to exploit that weakness (xept fighting, but thats a staple now)

you could try breeding for it from other pokes, such n such... it's hard to figure out a proper chain, but yeah... maybe u could get it on an ice poke that learns it from the move tutor, and breed a sneasel... lotsa organising, but kinda worthit..

absol takes hits like a baby = exactli the reason i said stick to being a perish phazer, it minimizes the damage window to 2 rounds if they're daring... + you'd switch out, and they gota switch too (if they dont, poke dies, stil need to switch) so it's a new hand of cards for both of yous... i'd usuali say keep absol as a delay-play... using perish + future sight and all... but that's too hard to compliment with other pokes, so no dee...

btw, try making a ghost monoteam... so far thats the onli crap monoteam i've got... hoping in coming versions they'll implement more ghost pokes...
ecks dee at heracross exploiting the dark weakness.. BUG
http://www.forumsvibe.com - Start Your Own Free Forum There!
GamerJustinShiel Posted at: 19:21 Oct02 2005 Post ID: 446046
GamerJustinShiel
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I have my dark team all at Lv100, now I've chosen Fire. I just used an AR code for a shiny cyndaquil in PC, and it knows Flamethrower, False Swipe, Metronome, and Volt Tackle, should I keep the Volt Tackle, and Metronome? I'm already keeping Flamethrower and losing False Swipe, what about the other 2?
Fwank Posted at: 05:23 Oct04 2005 Post ID: 448474
Fwank
+
+
hahaha volt tackle, yeah why not... no one tries to kill fire types with water types anymore, you onli see that in anime -_-"
GamerJustinShiel Posted at: 15:22 Oct04 2005 Post ID: 449130
GamerJustinShiel
Forum GuestMember
+
+
With metronome, well, my cyndaquil used falmethrower regularly, then I wanted to do a different attck, but I metronomed flamethrower again, so far I got form metronome:

Flamethrower
Blast Bure
Hydro Cannon(missed)
Frenzy Plant
Sacred Fire x2
Cosmic Power
Swords Dance
Morning Sun
Recover
Role Play
Rolling Kick
Wrap

Anyway, can you rate my nb team, I made a divided team of Sweepers, Tank/Sweepers, Toxi-Spikers, Annoyers, Hazer/Sweeper/Annoyer, BPer:

~Baton Passer~
Ninjask @Lax Incense
Speed Boost
EVs: HP/188, Def/92, Spd/176, SpD/54
Careful (+SpD,-SpA)
Baton Pass
Double Team
Protect
Substitute

~Sweeper~
Latios @Soul Dew
Levitate
EVs: HP/57, Def/24, Spd/177, SpA/252,
Modest (+SpA,-Atk)
Calm Mind
Dragon Claw
Recover
Psychic

~Tank/Sweeper~
Deoxys-L @Leftovers
Pressure
EVs: HP/100, Def/176, SpA/58, SpD/176
Modest (+SpA,-Atk)
Calm Mind
Iron Defense
Psychic
Recover

~Toxi-Spiker~
Skarmory @Salac Berry
Keen Eye
EVs: HP/116, Def/176, SpD/218
Careful (+SpD,-SpA)
Toxic
Spikes
Whirlwind
Protect

~Annoyer~
Sceptile @Leftovers
Overgrow
EVs: HP/70, Def/180, Spd/238, SpD/22
Hasty (+Spd,-Atk)
Leech Seed
Toxic
Swagger
Attract

~Hazer/Semi-Sweeper/Annoyer~
Gengar @Shell Bell
Levitate
EVs: HP/159, Spd/133, SpA/218
Modest (+SpA,-Atk)
Curse
Hypnosis
Haze
Thunderbolt

PLZ rate it Fwank
bleepman Posted at: 20:30 Oct04 2005 Post ID: 449649
bleepman
Forum GuestMember
+
+
toxispikers fail. skarm heeds drillpeck,roar,spikes,and rest to be a decent tank.
GamerJustinShiel Posted at: 20:42 Oct04 2005 Post ID: 449683
GamerJustinShiel
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Don't you mean whirlwind? Hmmm, I'll try rest/drill peck, skarm's only problem is though, that a fire attack pretty much puts it down.
Fwank Posted at: 10:15 Oct05 2005 Post ID: 450186
Fwank
+
+
LOL i accidentali deleted my whole post... er... ok start again

latios should get rid of psychic for bolt, since deoxys is going to be using psychic... just incase your latios gets pwned, yeah...

btw, the EVs... use damage calculator to check if the EVs are sufficient... for example, your skarm has like 200 SpD... is this enough to stop a stabbed flamethrower? should make it so that it's just enough, and the rest on other things... if it's not enough, you should consider throwing them into physical def or more hp...

gengar... 133 speedd defenateli aint enough to outrun ddd's, max it incase a mense pulls of a dragon dance and u needed to haze (it'll OHKO u as soon as it pumps one dance, so don't try to tank the damage) reconsider your EV settings a lil, they're all over the place

hmmmmmmmmm ... you don't win battles often on NB do you... 5/10 ... try to make a team that's going to complement each other on more than one dimention... this is such a one way thing (yeah i had a couple of teams that had 3 pairs complementing each other... but those matchups were decent leh) it's not really that great becoz you're passing speed onto other pokes, but they have to pump up their stats themselves... if you'd pass the speed to CB tyranitar, urgh, scari crap, OHKO all da way with HP:rock (OR pass it to other choice banders, hehehehehe)
GamerJustinShiel Posted at: 15:16 Oct05 2005 Post ID: 450692
GamerJustinShiel
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Lol, you deleted your post.

Anyway, good, I wanted to max out some of my EVs, but I wasn't sure if it was smart, I will do that though. And the Toxi-spiker is a killer, with that combo, it easily deals with Slaking, and the rest of their teams.

I have other teams that compliment each other, via a team battle with:

Groudon
@White Herb
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Overheat
Rock Slide

and his partner

Mewtwo
@Pataya(spelling) Berry
Solar Beam
Calm Mind
Flamethrower
Recover

the rest is unimportant right now, but that is complimenting.
bleepman Posted at: 17:59 Oct05 2005 Post ID: 450942
bleepman
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 05-Oct-2005 GamerJustinShiel said:Lol, you deleted your post.

Anyway, good, I wanted to max out some of my EVs, but I wasn't sure if it was smart, I will do that though. And the Toxi-spiker is a killer, with that combo, it easily deals with Slaking, and the rest of their teams.

I have other teams that compliment each other, via a team battle with:

Groudon
@White Herb
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Overheat
Rock Slide

and his partner

Mewtwo
@Pataya(spelling) Berry
Solar Beam
Calm Mind
Flamethrower
Recover

the rest is unimportant right now, but that is complimenting.
no.

leftovers>whiteherb always. theres no skarmory or other good walls in ubers anyways

mewtwo- no. no psychic=dumb. if you want a sunnybeamer(which fails in uber play anyways) you need sunnyday, flamethrower, solarbeam, and psychic. no room for other moves in there.
bleepman Posted at: 17:59 Oct05 2005 Post ID: 450944
bleepman
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 04-Oct-2005 GamerJustinShiel said:Don't you mean whirlwind? Hmmm, I'll try rest/drill peck, skarm's only problem is though, that a fire attack pretty much puts it down.
whirlwind/drillpeck is an illegitamate combo
GamerJustinShiel Posted at: 20:19 Oct05 2005 Post ID: 451248
GamerJustinShiel
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Hmmmm, I could replace the CM for Psychic, or Replace Recover, and you're right, why would I need white herb, or Overheat for that matter, Mewtwo completely covers it with Flamethrower.

I meant, that don't you mean Whirlwind instead of Roar, but I guess they do the same thing, and he learns them both.
Fwank Posted at: 09:24 Oct06 2005 Post ID: 451742
Fwank
+
+
yeah but depending on which... whirlwind's a egg move, and so is drill peck... get it
GamerJustinShiel Posted at: 20:46 Oct06 2005 Post ID: 452894
GamerJustinShiel
Forum GuestMember
+
+
But on NB, it don't matter, lol.
Displaying Page 3 of 30
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | 28 | 29 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 213562

Post Top
Click to close