Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Yes, it

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Next
darkboarder_77 Posted: 10:42 Aug20 2007 Post ID: 1855505
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
Post Likes: 0
+
Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong forum, but help a noob out.

I'm trying to make a Youtube video that uses clips from other videos within it. The only problem is, I can't seem to properly download videos from the Net that can be used in Windows Movie Maker. I know, many of you will want to protest and tell me to download such and such program to use for making videos; I like the program I'm using and I want to avoid downloading or buying other movie-making programs, but if it's manditory to make this work, then I may not have a choice.

Problems I'm having...

-I'm using Freecorder and FLV player, meaning, I can download vids from the Net by linking them into the site which sponsors FLV, but while I have the vids saved to my computer, I don't know what format these vids are supposed to be to work with Windows Movie Maker. I tried manually converting them to .wmv files, and then they wouldn't open with any program, not even WMM (if I remember properly...).

-Most sites on the Internet just don't seem to have a feature to download their vids; Youtube, for instance. I tried Gamespot; only trouble is, there's some serious video download issues going on there and I'm having the same symptoms as the rest of the members there. I tried downloading under Internet Explorer 7, in which case the server failed to respond to my command to download the videos. I tried it under Mozilla Firefox 2; while I could download, the vids were being allocated under Realplayer, when, apparently, I needed Flash to play them. I tried playing them in Realplayer anyway; turns out, it only plays the audio playback from the video, but for the visual output, it only shows a black screen with the Realplayer logo. This is where I'm confused - is Adobe and Flash the same thing? I keep seeing them referred together; I have Adobe on the computer, but I'm read as not having Flash installed. I was linked to a website for installing Flash, where I downloaded an installer. The installer did nothing at all. Downloaded nothing. Tried installing it 3, 4 times, nothing happened, yet, it says the installation is complete. I tried opening my videos under Flash, and Flash is not there. I then tried opening under Adobe - which also failed, because the video was allocated under Realplayer and couldn't be player outside that program.

-I see all these people on Youtube with these vids loaded with other video clips, and I wonder, how the hell do they do that, I can't even get a video compatible with my moviemaking program. There's a downloadable, FLV-sponsored conversion program on the Net I can try for free, but it only converts filetypes for 90 seconds before reversion; I need to buy the full version to permanently convert them.

-I have a high-quality digital camera; unfortunately, manually recording other videos off the Net with it means having pixelated visual feedback, and a very steady pair of hands to hold the camera in place while recording. In totality, this isn't a good idea for several reasons, I don't think I should have to resort to this. Seriously.

Any ideas?

« Last edited by darkboarder_77 on Aug 20th 2007 »
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
ozzo Posted: 10:45 Aug20 2007 Post ID: 1855513
ozzo
_________S
Post Likes: 17
+
Kev? is that you? ='(

Cipher_Wizard Posted: 10:45 Aug20 2007 Post ID: 1855516
Cipher_Wizard
+
Holy crap. *salutes*

My suggestions: ask RJ Fighter or someone with graphic experience
If you see me posting, it's because I've been asked to. Which I guess would mean I'm taking requests.
Kenny 2x4 Posted: 10:48 Aug20 2007 Post ID: 1855523
Kenny 2x4
+
Crikey and I thought you left for good!
Yeah what Cipher said or as a crude method try converting the videos to a different format. (Never tried this before except for on MPEG to GPP)
Status = Part Time.

[b][color=red][size=12]I am the car expert! So I've been told. lol[/b]
Check it out
InvertAlpha Posted: 10:48 Aug20 2007 Post ID: 1855526
InvertAlpha
Coyote of the Void
Post Likes: 6
+
Salute Neva seen you before, darkboarder, but I've heard about ya.

I dunno about the question, though...
Enter the Shattered Realm - At your own discretion.

Shoutout to the year I only used liking FS/N to have an excuse to make signatures
darkboarder_77 Posted: 10:51 Aug20 2007 Post ID: 1855539
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
Bloody hell, the topic title isn't even working...

And thanks for the suggestions.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

InvertAlpha Posted: 10:53 Aug20 2007 Post ID: 1855550
InvertAlpha
Coyote of the Void
+
Well everyone is probably amazed to see a old popular member returning and posting >_>

Shoutout to the year I only used liking FS/N to have an excuse to make signatures
ozzo Posted: 10:55 Aug20 2007 Post ID: 1855563
ozzo
_________S
Post Likes: 17
+
you can edit topic titles, kev.

the_people_champ Posted: 10:57 Aug20 2007 Post ID: 1855567
the_people_champ
+
if u put this in short words i might get it

Just go to my Bio To get up-to-date details on me.
Cipher_Wizard Posted: 10:57 Aug20 2007 Post ID: 1855568
Cipher_Wizard
+
Just go to edit post, and then you'll see the topic title. Then you change it.

Explaining stuff to a vet makes me feel so special XD
If you see me posting, it's because I've been asked to. Which I guess would mean I'm taking requests.
Fwank Posted: 11:00 Aug20 2007 Post ID: 1855582
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
*O*

Not that DB remembers me but *O*
darkboarder_77 Posted: 11:04 Aug20 2007 Post ID: 1855598
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
Last time I posted here, the feature for changing topic titles didn't exist, I believe...

Does anyone have RJ Fighter's e-mail address?

Fwank Posted: 11:05 Aug20 2007 Post ID: 1855604
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
Ask RJ, he should reply soon...

... ish
the_people_champ Posted: 11:06 Aug20 2007 Post ID: 1855611
the_people_champ
+
i doubt he gives away it like that but iv seen him in Supercheats Times alot doubt u'd be aloud to call him out there but oh well....

i doubt ur back here permanent just to get the info right?

Just go to my Bio To get up-to-date details on me.
Pandaemonium Posted: 11:08 Aug20 2007 Post ID: 1855617
Pandaemonium
+
A high-five if you can figure out who I am on your first guess. No helping him, people.
Pandaemonium Posted: 11:12 Aug20 2007 Post ID: 1855631
Pandaemonium
+
*applause*

We have a three-word minimum limit now, though. Just so you know.
darkboarder_77 Posted: 11:12 Aug20 2007 Post ID: 1855632
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
How original... I'll try it, thank you, InvertAlpha.

Cataclysm Posted: 11:13 Aug20 2007 Post ID: 1855640
Cataclysm
Post Likes: 2
+
You shouldn't go around posting people's MSN adresses. Post deleted for privacy reasons.

As for you DarkBoarder. I can't say I've ever met you here, but I've heard you mentioned a couple of times.
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

InvertAlpha Posted: 11:17 Aug20 2007 Post ID: 1855652
InvertAlpha
Coyote of the Void
+
Oh... Man, thanks, Cataclysm Doh

darkboarder_77 Posted: 11:18 Aug20 2007 Post ID: 1855656
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
I'm not here permanently. I came for some help on a computer issue that I've been struggling with for the past 3-4 days. : /

At least I got the e-mail before it was deleted; I sent him an e-mail concerning the situation, hopefully, he knows what to do.

Displaying Page 1 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close