Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Pearl

Rotom Debate - Legendary or Not?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 4 of 8

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Last     Previous | Next
Fwank Posted at: 14:32 Jun02 2007 Post ID: 1634289
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
+
oh crap, the birds had their own music >< shame on me
sharingansasuke Posted at: 12:11 Jun03 2007 Post ID: 1635794
sharingansasuke
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Rotom is one of 107 new Pok�mon that were introduced in Pok�mon Diamond and Pearl. Rotom can be found in the Old Chateau after receiving the National Dex by inspecting the TV at night. Only one is found wild in the game, although it can breed with Ditto, which results in other Rotom. Despite the fact that it isn't legendary, Rotom's battle music ("Battle! Legendary Pok�mon") is the same as that of the legendary Pok�mon Giratina, Heatran, Regigigas, and Darkrai.

Got it off wikipedia
nyeem78 Posted at: 12:13 Jun03 2007 Post ID: 1635798
nyeem78
Victini Dream World
+
+
He's ok, but not good enough to be a legedary pokemon.
Trainer: NIKO
Pokemon B/W Friend Code:
3783-4062-8709

spyro madgirl Posted at: 12:47 Jun04 2007 Post ID: 1637516
spyro madgirl
+
+
On 03-Jun-2007 sharingansasuke said:Rotom is one of 107 new Pok�mon that were introduced in Pok�mon Diamond and Pearl. Rotom can be found in the Old Chateau after receiving the National Dex by inspecting the TV at night. Only one is found wild in the game, although it can breed with Ditto, which results in other Rotom. Despite the fact that it isn't legendary, Rotom's battle music ("Battle! Legendary Pok�mon") is the same as that of the legendary Pok�mon Giratina, Heatran, Regigigas, and Darkrai.

Got it off wikipedia
Yayz! You pwn. Smile

I guess the case is closed. ;)
~ ... Ooh la la ... ~
ashaman_kae_17 Posted at: 00:20 Jun05 2007 Post ID: 1638684
ashaman_kae_17
Post Likes: 3
+
+
On 04-Jun-2007 spyro madgirl said:Yayz! You pwn. Smile

I guess the case is closed. ;)
On crapola...wait...when the heck did Wikipedia become a credible source? I cant quote stuff from Wikipedia when writing a college paper...so that makes it a non-credible source
[b][center]
[color=darkred]drop me a line on my Gaia account: X x XCaracarnX x X
darkruby45 Posted at: 13:08 Jun05 2007 Post ID: 1639153
darkruby45
Forum GuestMember
+
+
both, he is a legendary, he and shaymin both have non-legendary stats and moves but are legendary. but he can breed, suggesting that he is not legendary for you can't breed a legendary. manaphy is the only exeption. (you need to breed him to get phione)

« Last edited by darkruby45 on Jun 5th 2007 »
spyro madgirl Posted at: 14:01 Jun05 2007 Post ID: 1639224
spyro madgirl
+
+
Rotom can breed and produce other Rotom. Isn't that enough? T_T Yes Manaphy breeds too, but that gives you Phione, which is different. You can't evolve Phione.
~ ... Ooh la la ... ~
Fwank Posted at: 14:03 Jun05 2007 Post ID: 1639230
Fwank
+
+
wiki isn't a credible source because even i write articles on wiki -_-"

you only trust wiki if it can source you to their info, and i can't source the rotom info anywhere... the writer just made it up

darkruby45: shaymin has 600 base stats; higher than ALL pokes INCLUDING some legendaries (such as all trios: the birds/the dogs/the rocks/the pixies), its stats are only inferior to UBERS (ie: mewtwo and friend) and the big 4 who aren't legendaries (ie: dragonite/tyranitar/salamence/metagross)

shaymin has the same base stats as mew, celebi and jirachi, who are ALL legends, and extremely useful in competitive battling... also the same stats as the new cresselia and darkrai; both extremely powerful in their own fields of expertise of walling and sweeping respectively

rotom, has BELOW AVERAGE STATS and can breed... you can't get more than 1 legendary full stop, so rotom/lucario aren't legendaries, because if they are, all the pokemon i've mentioned in a previous post (that includes castform and eevee) are legendaries too; and they're not legendaries

ashaman - you can source the info on wiki, they're usually abstracts

*edited name

« Last edited by Fwank on Jun 6th 2007 »
sharingansasuke Posted at: 15:28 Jun05 2007 Post ID: 1639461
sharingansasuke
+
+
most people don't realize that the people who like own wiki actually check the stuff people write with other sources
a blind kid Posted at: 23:17 Jun05 2007 Post ID: 1640509
a blind kid
+
+
I wouldn't consider Rotom a legendary. There's only one, but it doesn't have a story tied into it...yet.
We just have to wait and see when a Japanese episode of Pok'emon Diamond/Pearl comes out that has the episode centered around Rotom. Until then, nobody can be sure.
[center]
Signature made by me. Do not steal. Or else.
Fads are idiotic. Fads are idiotic. Fads are idiotic. Fads are idiotic. Fads are idiotic.
ashaman_kae_17 Posted at: 00:06 Jun06 2007 Post ID: 1640554
ashaman_kae_17
Post Likes: 3
+
+
On 05-Jun-2007 Fwank said:wiki isn't a credible source because even i write articles on wiki -_-"

you only trust wiki if it can source you to their info, and i can't source the rotom info anywhere... the writer just made it up

darkruby45: shaymin has 600 base stats; higher than ALL pokes INCLUDING some legendaries (such as all trios: the birds/the dogs/the rocks/the pixies), its stats are only inferior to UBERS (ie: mewtwo and friend) and the big 4 who aren't legendaries (ie: dragonite/tyranitar/salamence/metagross)

shaymin has the same base stats as mew, celebi and jirachi, who are ALL legends, and extremely useful in competitive battling... also the same stats as the new cresselia and darkrai; both extremely powerful in their own fields of expertise of walling and sweeping respectively

rotom, has BELOW AVERAGE STATS and can breed... you can't get more than 1 legendary full stop, so rotom/lucario aren't legendaries, because if they are, all the pokemon i've mentioned in a previous post (that includes castform and eevee) are legendaries too; and they're not legendaries

ashaman - you can source the info on wiki, they're usually abstracts

*edited name
Fwank...you made me sound like a wanna be Aeshma because of your spelling...and yes you can source info from Wiki...but for example a term paper...I wouldnt dare source from wiki unless I intended on intentionally failing the class...
[b][center]
[color=darkred]drop me a line on my Gaia account: X x XCaracarnX x X
Fwank Posted at: 03:47 Jun06 2007 Post ID: 1640666
Fwank
+
+
noted, i've edited name, sorry for the crap english =(

but then i don't see why you'd fail your papers if you

well... wiki provides good ground info, cite THEIR sources and use THOSE instead, not the actual info on wiki

you can't cite wiki because it's technically already sourced info, so it's almost like plagiarizing... er i think, i don't understand why you can't quote wiki (as long as you don't cite your source as "wikipedia" or something stupid like that)
Rayquazarox250 Posted at: 13:35 Jun06 2007 Post ID: 1641059
Rayquazarox250
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I'm abstain because he does have legend music but does not seem powerful enough to be a legendary
Umm.. yeah....
sparta Posted at: 13:13 Jun13 2007 Post ID: 1656028
sparta
+
+
No its not legendary, it can breed.
Currently: Offline

[SIZE=12][color=maroon]Thank you for the Sig TP![/SIZE][/color]

Take a look at my Team!!! =D
Join Edge's team!!!
No.1 team, twilight prince!!!!
EspeonDude_ Posted at: 19:17 Jun13 2007 Post ID: 1657157
EspeonDude_
+
+
So? Manaphy can breed, and it's legendary.

[hmespeon -at- hotmail -dot- com] <~ MSN.
ace rrrock! Posted at: 21:49 Jun13 2007 Post ID: 1657524
ace rrrock!
+
+
come on its not a legendary you find it in a tv at lvl 15.

plus it has no special story line to go with it. that is part of what makes legendarys, "legendarys"

Thanks One X for the avvy

Pearl FC
0001-0006-8381
adrian

Megaman dragon
Metal_Dragon Posted at: 23:45 Jun13 2007 Post ID: 1657693
Metal_Dragon
Forum GuestMember
+
+
OK... Let me clarify. Rotom is defently not a Legendary Pokemon, most of you people believe he is because of the "Legendary Music"and the "Shakey" screen. It is one of the few glitches that the producers forgot to change from the Japanese version to the English version. The "Legendary Music"and the "Shakey" screen were ment for Shaymin of the Flower Paradise not Rotom of the Old Chateau! It's just like that glitch for getting Darkrai in the first room of the Elite Four, execpt the game designers missed it or switch them. Also... Whose trying to say just because a Legendary Pokemon isn't an "Event Pokemon" it's not a Legendary? Thats the biggest bull S*** i've heard on this forum!! Oh an just because Arcanine is classifide as a Legendary Pokemon, it dosen't mean he is legendary, that's just his classification, not his status.Eh
masterkil2 Posted at: 17:04 Jun14 2007 Post ID: 1659303
masterkil2
Forum GuestMember
+
+
i checked a few other sites about rotom or rotomu in jap but i completely think it is a legend.
brawl code: 2234-6819-6121
tko9318 Posted at: 19:57 Jun14 2007 Post ID: 1659645
tko9318
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I would say that Rotom definitely is not legendary because you can breed it. Any other "legendary" cannot be bred including latios, latias, and deoxys which there are only one of. In the same game you could have millions of Rotom through breeding.
pokemonruler Posted at: 11:48 Jun15 2007 Post ID: 1660816
pokemonruler
+
+
i say no, in fact i think it looks like an electric form of castform.
[center]
check out my alien
[size=7]hey click my sig for a random funny!!
Displaying Page 4 of 8

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 447680

Post Top
Click to close