Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Heart Gold

Different Pokemon For Gym Leaders?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
gangstagirl Posted at: 04:43 May27 2009 Post ID: 2629725
gangstagirl
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Yo, I was thinking, what if they changed the Gym Leaders Pokemon? I remember a couple of Gym Leaders had the lameset Pokemon ever. Like Bugsy.He used a Metapod and a Kakuna, and all they could do was harden. It wasn't even much of a challenge (when I choose Cyndaquil)and I clocked the game in a couple of days. Also, the TMs they give out could be a little better. Mud Slap from the flying gym leader. What is that about? Anyway, what do you think?

Press the egg please...
Currently playing HeartGold and Soulsilver...
Golden Magikarp rules!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
geezerguy Posted at: 05:38 May27 2009 Post ID: 2629732
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
Post Likes: 43
+
+
I don't really remember the Gym Leaders Pokemon, but if they were THAT easy, I think they should add different Pokemon to make it more of a challenge.
Winner of Member Brawl 2011 <3
nyeem78 Posted at: 09:59 May27 2009 Post ID: 2629796
nyeem78
Victini Dream World
+
+
Well I never played this game, but if the gyms are that easy I hope they do vamp it up so you can at-least have a challenge. My biggest hope is that you can't transfer until you have beaten the E4, that way people don't bust on over to Johto with their level 100 Pokemon. I also hope the makers of action replay at-least wait 6 months before they coome up with codes and Pokesav. Give people a chance to enjoy the game how its meant to be before they start hacking away.
Trainer: NIKO
Pokemon B/W Friend Code:
3783-4062-8709

Prod1gy X Posted at: 14:24 May27 2009 Post ID: 2629915
Prod1gy X
+
+
6 months???????No way,I agree with the fact about they should not make codes yet and let people get a chance to experience the game but 6 months is too long,2-4 months of wait sounds more logical and reasonable.

[center][center]
[b][color=black]MSN: [email protected][/b]

If you cant read it you are blind Speak to the hand
Ryuujin Posted at: 15:25 May27 2009 Post ID: 2629958
Ryuujin
+
+
Why even wait? You don't have to use 'em, you know.
~ My Theme ~
Volke Posted at: 10:14 May29 2009 Post ID: 2631556
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
+
On 27-May-2009 gangstagirl said:Yo, I was thinking, what if they changed the Gym Leaders Pokemon? I remember a couple of Gym Leaders had the lameset Pokemon ever. Like Bugsy.He used a Metapod and a Kakuna, and all they could do was harden. It wasn't even much of a challenge (when I choose Cyndaquil)and I clocked the game in a couple of days. Also, the TMs they give out could be a little better. Mud Slap from the flying gym leader. What is that about? Anyway, what do you think?
Agreed. Bugsy's pokemon should be changed. Despite his bragging about Bug pokemon, his line-up was terrrible, with Scyther being the only decent pokemon there.

Mud Slap sucks, true, but there aren't a great deal of Flying moves that aren't overpowered during the early stages of the game. A TM for Peck or Gust would attract none, but Aerial Ace or something would be a bit too powerful early on.
kimmy456 Posted at: 10:31 May29 2009 Post ID: 2631566
kimmy456
+
+
Some gym leaders could be changed to include maybe more evolutions of the pokemon they start out with. (Like bugsy should maybe have syther, beedrill, butterfree, and maybe a four pokemon that is stronger than the first three.)

The TMs that are giving could be better moves. Like the first gym you can obtain the TM Double Team or something. A TM that's not too powerful, but one that can work to a pokemons advantage in future gym battles.
Volke Posted at: 10:50 May29 2009 Post ID: 2631572
Volke
Executioner
+
+
Double Team = n00b move. (Never thought I'd use that word again. Brings back memories). I hate all moves that involve reducing accuracy or heightening evasion, as do all people who are competitive battlers, or at least used to be (such as myself).

I was thinking something around 50 power, or a status inducing move. Useful enough, but not overly powerful for such an early point in the game.

It doesn't have to be a Flying-type move. Mud Slap was a Ground-type move. Besides, Mud Slap isn't a TM anymore, and it won't be the first time we get different TMs from the same Gym Leaders (most of the Kanto Gym Leaders gave different TMs in FR/LG to the ones they gave in R/B/Y, in most cases because the R/B/Y TM moves were no longer TMs in FR/LG).
coachcline Posted at: 18:53 May29 2009 Post ID: 2631843
coachcline
Just call me Coach
Post Likes: 1
+
+
I'm all for better Pokemon in the gyms, makes it more fun. Just to get this clear: If they can make a change that makes the games better, then by all means they should do it.

And about the AR: I say they should make codes from the get go, but when you start usin' 'em is a personal choice. I didn't hack Platinum until I beat the game & did some of the post credits stuff. I only hacked it once before I beat it & that was to get the Secret Key for my Rotom.

Siggy proudly brought to you by .Impact!
[insert random quote or phrase that makes the sig space look less bare]
Ryuujin Posted at: 12:43 May30 2009 Post ID: 2632376
Ryuujin
+
+
Maybe something like Roost for Falknor or whatever...?
~ My Theme ~
Volke Posted at: 09:48 May31 2009 Post ID: 2633175
Volke
Executioner
+
+
That would be a good one.
Ryuujin Posted at: 15:37 May31 2009 Post ID: 2633593
Ryuujin
+
+
Do you think they'll add more/change TMs?
~ My Theme ~
gangstagirl Posted at: 23:06 May31 2009 Post ID: 2634303
gangstagirl
+
+
Wouldn't it be great if Clair gives us an Outrage TM instead of a stupid Dragonbreath one?

Press the egg please...
Currently playing HeartGold and Soulsilver...
Golden Magikarp rules!
Volke Posted at: 09:45 Jun01 2009 Post ID: 2634605
Volke
Executioner
+
+
Ryuujin - They'll probably use the D/P/Pt TM line-up. They used the R/S/E TM line-up for FR/LG.

gangstagirl - Dragon Claw would be better.
Ryuujin Posted at: 14:30 Jun01 2009 Post ID: 2634939
Ryuujin
+
+
Yeah, I could believe Dragon Claw over Outrage. Outrage is good, but Dragon Claw is more believable, and more versatile than Outrage in some cases.

It'd be cool if the Gym Leaders could teach your Pok�mon one of three moves, as if they were Move Tutors.
~ My Theme ~
Volke Posted at: 10:55 Jun02 2009 Post ID: 2635701
Volke
Executioner
+
+
Outrage forces you to keep using it for three turns and then confuses the user, if I'm not mistaken.

Not a good idea. What if each of the three moves were great moves (such as Flamethrower, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt), and you could only ever learn one? That would be really annoying. Unless they could only teach one PER pokemon.
Ryuujin Posted at: 16:56 Jun03 2009 Post ID: 2637123
Ryuujin
+
+
No, I don't mean something that's already a TM; I mean an actual attack. Like if you beat Misty, she could teach you either Water Spout, Hydro Pump, or Dive. I'm just giving a hypothetical situation.
~ My Theme ~
Volke Posted at: 12:39 Jun04 2009 Post ID: 2637665
Volke
Executioner
+
+
On 03-Jun-2009 Ryuujin said:No, I don't mean something that's already a TM; I mean an actual attack. Like if you beat Misty, she could teach you either Water Spout, Hydro Pump, or Dive. I'm just giving a hypothetical situation.
I knew what you meant - like a Move Tutor sort of thing. Either way, my argument remains the same.
Ryuujin Posted at: 19:21 Jun04 2009 Post ID: 2637992
Ryuujin
+
+
But why? It'd be more fun because you have a choice to get something you want. It's not like a TM, where you can only get it once; attacks like Hydro Pump aren't TMs, and it would benefit Pok�mon that can't learn Hydro Pump through evolution, don't you see?
~ My Theme ~
Volke Posted at: 09:16 Jun05 2009 Post ID: 2638344
Volke
Executioner
+
+
The issue being that Hydro Pump sucks in-game, and is outclassed by Surf and Waterfall in competitive play.

I know you were only giving an example, but about 80% of the 'good' moves out there are already TMs (although it took them long enough to add a Rock Slide TM).
Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close