Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

2012 What will really happen

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 4 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Previous | Next
Frozn Posted: 09:48 Jan10 2010 Post ID: 2785077
Frozn
Post Likes: 0
+
Deadzone174 said:Since it is going to be the Zodiac's time of the Dragon, they think they will hope out of Chinese caves and destroy us all. Seriously dude, I read that some where.

2000 was the year of the dragon. It's even more predictable to be the end of the world since it's also on the same date as Y2K. That didn't happen, and they've had plenty more year of the dragons before 2000. What makes them think this year's different?
Vasco Posted: 12:40 Jan10 2010 Post ID: 2785166
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
Post Likes: 7
+
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this (from what I've read, at least): 2012 doesn't mark the end of the world. It doesn't even mark the end of the Maya's calendar, eh. Not even the Mayas themselves give it higher importance, so why should we?

2012 is supposed to be the beginning of a new era, a new cycle; the 14th, if I'm not mistaken. The whole "omg the world is going to end 'theory'" is simply one of many ways to interpret this change. The world loves catastrophes.

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
Austinanymous Posted: 12:42 Jan10 2010 Post ID: 2785169
Austinanymous
+
Vasco said: The government loves another reason to scare the sh*t out of you and get you to pay them for unneeded defenses.

Fixed it for you, bro
"i once killed an antelope, you should come over for dinner"
jose22_1986 Posted: 17:55 Jan10 2010 Post ID: 2785326
jose22_1986
Apparition
+
Danemastermewtwo415 said:Ino this topic has been bought up before but what will really happen on dec 21 2012.

So why did you bring it up again?

Anyway what will really happen is people who didn't get their christmas presents earlier will be scrambling to buy them. How the grinch stole christmas will be on and there will be lots of carolers on places with carolers.
Deadzone174 Posted: 21:19 Jan10 2010 Post ID: 2785470
Deadzone174
+
Vasco said:I'm surprised no one has mentioned this (from what I've read, at least): 2012 doesn't mark the end of the world. It doesn't even mark the end of the Maya's calendar, eh. Not even the Mayas themselves give it higher importance, so why should we?

2012 is supposed to be the beginning of a new era, a new cycle; the 14th, if I'm not mistaken. The whole "omg the world is going to end 'theory'" is simply one of many ways to interpret this change. The world loves catastrophes.

I thought it was called 'The Cycle 2.0'

Cause we're currently on cycle 'Z'. Don't ask me what it means because I don't know.

Krow. Posted: 21:54 Jan10 2010 Post ID: 2785487
Krow.
+
I heard that the whole "Mayan prophecy for the end of the world" is a big misunderstanding. It said that 2012 is the end of the ancient Mayan calendar, not the world.

EDIT: Now that I've actually read some other posts, I see that this has already been brought up...

« Last edited by Krow. on Jan 10th 2010 »

Run on, girl, run on.
Check out my deviantArt!

Oddball Posted: 22:24 Jan10 2010 Post ID: 2785498
Oddball
+
It's like the end of the 13th Bak'tun. Apparently we're also lining up with the centre of the galaxy as well and that will cause a magnetic shift therefore the poles will change their axis. It's happened before. It's a weird coincidence but I suspect that that's just it - a coincidence. Y2K was more logical than this. Perhaps we can look to something more realistic like the future evolution of humans or... I don't know. Seems like a crock of it to me.
Check out my video blog at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxVKEWusSAk
regalchris861 Posted: 08:32 Jan12 2010 Post ID: 2786032
regalchris861
+
Ryuujin said:The Mayans predicted future natural occurrences pretty damn accurately, though. To just suddenly stop somewhere...it doesn't make any sense.
Of course, if a world calamity were to take place, I'm sure the Mayans would've predicted it. So, I'm not concerned.

This 2012 thing is predicted by the Mayans. It is the end of their calendar, and many Mayan and Aztec leaders have predicted the future accurately.

Meet my friend, John.
Thanks to TBug for my avvy! Smile

jose22_1986 Posted: 18:26 Jan12 2010 Post ID: 2786331
jose22_1986
Apparition
+
regalchris861 said:
Ryuujin said:The Mayans predicted future natural occurrences pretty damn accurately, though. To just suddenly stop somewhere...it doesn't make any sense.
Of course, if a world calamity were to take place, I'm sure the Mayans would've predicted it. So, I'm not concerned.

This 2012 thing is predicted by the Mayans. It is the end of their calendar, and many Mayan and Aztec leaders have predicted the future accurately.

The things the mayans predicted were things to do with the stars and they were off by 4 seconds =/. Anyhoo I doubt the mayans would want to just keep making a calendar to go on forever maybe they just got tired of making it longer and longer. Anyway maybe the calendar died off at the same time their civilization did?
regalchris861 Posted: 18:20 Jan15 2010 Post ID: 2787704
regalchris861
+
jose22_1986 said:
regalchris861 said:

The things the mayans predicted were things to do with the stars and they were off by 4 seconds =/. Anyhoo I doubt the mayans would want to just keep making a calendar to go on forever maybe they just got tired of making it longer and longer. Anyway maybe the calendar died off at the same time their civilization did?

They predicted that the planets and moons would all fall out of orbit, te Earth would turn upside down, and that we would fall right to the sun.

Meet my friend, John.
Thanks to TBug for my avvy! Smile

Vasco Posted: 15:40 Jan16 2010 Post ID: 2788157
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
Post Likes: 7
+
regalchris861 said:This 2012 thing is predicted by the Mayans. It is the end of their calendar, and many Mayan and Aztec leaders have predicted the future accurately.

2012 does not mark the end of the Mayan calendar, actually. It's a misinterpretation. 2012 is only the end of the 13th b'ak'tun, the end of a cycle. The 14th will follow and absolutely nothing will happen.

Not to mention, of course, that the famous calendar was not even created by their civilization, but adopted. Many other civilizations have used it as well.

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
Dev0n Posted: 22:03 Jan16 2010 Post ID: 2788254
Dev0n
+
I think all this is bull
jose22_1986 Posted: 18:43 Jan17 2010 Post ID: 2788721
jose22_1986
Apparition
+
regalchris861 said:
jose22_1986 said:
regalchris861 said:

They predicted that the planets and moons would all fall out of orbit, te Earth would turn upside down, and that we would fall right to the sun.

That wasn't in the video I watched about their civilization. =/
Camewel Posted: 20:05 Jan17 2010 Post ID: 2788758
Camewel
Dual Youtuber
Post Likes: 1
+
There's about 20 katrillion theories about it. IE:
Aliens
Zombies
Meteors
Earthquakes
Cancellation of the earth's gravitaational field
Dragons
Ants
Qwert
I think that there will be a disaster and we'll move on.
Click meh plz

Sig by AustinAnymous

Join
Bugsy's team, it could do with a few more members...
jose22_1986 Posted: 20:50 Jan17 2010 Post ID: 2788813
jose22_1986
Apparition
+
Camewel said:There's about 20 katrillion theories about it. IE:
Aliens
Zombies
Meteors
Earthquakes
Dragons
Ants
Qwert

I thought you left...
In any case that was only 9 theories =/.
Camewel Posted: 01:26 Jan18 2010 Post ID: 2788906
Camewel
Dual Youtuber
Post Likes: 1
+
jose22_1986 said:
Camewel said:There's about 20 katrillion theories about it. IE:
Aliens
Zombies
Meteors
Earthquakes
Dragons
Ants
Qwert

I thought you left...
In any case that was only 9 theories =/.

Is returning illegal now?
And did you honestly expect me to list all of them? Exactly. The newest one is that people will be worrying so much about itthat that will destroy the earth (What? Impossible, but that's how stupid people think).
Click meh plz

Sig by AustinAnymous

Join
Bugsy's team, it could do with a few more members...
Cheat holder Posted: 18:22 Feb03 2010 Post ID: 2797610
Cheat holder
Magic Bananas!
Post Likes: 2
+
I think this is pack of lies. I think they just predicted this so they could be known.....or they were just plain dumb.

Milotic - The Sea Serpent

~350~

There is no such thing as right or wrong. It's just a matter of perception.

http://www.primeleap.net

Deadzone174 Posted: 19:06 Feb03 2010 Post ID: 2797640
Deadzone174
+
Why would you say that so many different types of people could be dumb? Besides, the Mayans advances in astronomy made them known through out most of Earth. They didn't want to be known was one of the best people to learn from. That's just like what they became with their skills. They also didn't say that it was the end of the work. Just that we will have an intergalactic alignment. Don't know what it is? Google it. It's just the end of their calendar. Other people, like Nostradamus, say that te world will end in 2012. In most of his books, he hasn't missed a single prediction. He's like a prophet and he can see into the future and other things like that.

Cheat holder Posted: 19:43 Feb03 2010 Post ID: 2797675
Cheat holder
Magic Bananas!
Post Likes: 2
+
I can call you dumb right?? lol

Milotic - The Sea Serpent

~350~

There is no such thing as right or wrong. It's just a matter of perception.

http://www.primeleap.net

Deadzone174 Posted: 20:15 Feb03 2010 Post ID: 2797707
Deadzone174
+
Whatever floats your boat. You just don't understand anything I'm saying. So it wouldn't really matter to me. Do what ever you want.

Displaying Page 4 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 447680

Post Top
Click to close