Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Online Time: Voting Ends 7/22/10, 12PM GMT+1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Previous | Next
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 12:26 Jul18 2010 Post ID: 2871193
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
So ban FG if they want it gone so much. Hate to say it Vasco, but I'm not out to please every single person on the site. If someone outdoes you in posts or time, tough. You'll live through it. There's no reason to make up an excuse aside from "I'm just not into the site enough to worry about this as much as others".

Do us a favor though, Vas? Don't try to push an opinion of yours off as fact. I highly doubt you could speak for everyone on the site, so there's no reason for you to automatically label an idea as something that will "In no way promote fun". If talking about some form of spam forum, I think that we already have something similar to that. Most people would say that T&C is the spam grounds of the site, and it's been a asset to the site so far.

Something like this, just like the entire other half of the site known as T&C, is just something for fun. And yes, it would be fun for those who want to know how long they spend on the site. I think I've had my fun here, so I'll just close with something a friend of mine said about this idea.

Waffersforever said:Maybe, if people stop arguing about it. I say just put the damn thing in. It'd be interesting to see how much time I spend on this site.
qwertyuio Posted: 12:45 Jul18 2010 Post ID: 2871223
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
...And this is where I'm calling this thread's debate and go with Crossy's way of doing things. You've all said your peace, now we've got to actually get somewhere with this. Suggestions can not be put through without the support of the majority of the site or Rich. However, I'm sure Rich basis his opinions off of whether or not we actually support the idea (after all the site is made for us), so either way we need a final verdict on this from us.

From here on out only posts of yay (supporting the idea) or nay (not supporting the idea) will be accepted. Members have 1 vote, Moderators 2, Smods 3, Admins 4. I believe in that system because those who have contributed the most to the site's well being deserve the largest input. Vote will be conducted until 7/22/10, 12PM GMT+1

I say nay.

Go Go Go
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 12:51 Jul18 2010 Post ID: 2871226
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
About time someone got something like this going. Thanks Filip.

Yay.
zeldafan11 Posted: 12:52 Jul18 2010 Post ID: 2871227
zeldafan11
Sanity: false
Post Likes: 0
+
Nay.

I don't see a point...Just a timer to see how long I've left my comp on SC...

Sir Alex, the Ruby Knight of Everlasting Life
Ziggoratt999 Posted: 13:02 Jul18 2010 Post ID: 2871230
Ziggoratt999
Puppi Boi
+
I say yay.
It seems like a good idea, to be honest. I'd like to see how much time I spend here, and I feel that several other people who have put a lot into this site feel the same way.
(Yay, I'm involved in democracy! 8D)

Click my sig to pay a visit to PMDS

I be da puppi boi. Remember it.

Thanks to Axionas for the Sig and Avy
Axionas Posted: 13:12 Jul18 2010 Post ID: 2871232
Axionas
Kitsune-no-Okami
Post Likes: 5
+
I say Yay, it would be interesting to see how long I'm on SC.
v-gamer Posted: 13:18 Jul18 2010 Post ID: 2871233
v-gamer
y so srs?
Post Likes: 4
+
I feel like Filip weighed the votes that way just so his vote can count for 3 times the usual (and try to make himself feel important). =P But I do have to agree with him on this one.

I vote nay.

« Last edited by v-gamer on Jul 18th 2010 »
Avatar: In memory of ieatwyverns <3

Thank you, Vasco <3
Teru Mikami Posted: 13:27 Jul18 2010 Post ID: 2871238
Teru Mikami
+
I say yay.

Why not?

Party Boii

58.2 percent of statistics are made up. This one is too.

[center]
CRAZY CHEATS Posted: 13:29 Jul18 2010 Post ID: 2871239
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
Post Likes: 1
+
Yay.

I really don't see the harm in a little timer.
Causes competition?
We already have a post count, and FG, os don't start on competitivness.

Also, might wanna change the title, and maybe move to GC so more people know about the thread.
Now known as
qwertyuio Posted: 13:34 Jul18 2010 Post ID: 2871240
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
It stays in S&P.
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
Xeta Posted: 13:38 Jul18 2010 Post ID: 2871241
Xeta
Beneta
Post Likes: 79
+
Vasco said:Blargh, I hate it when I have to post twice about the exact same thing.

Forgoten_Scars said:TVasco (OMG, he didn't say Monkey Boi :o), competition is bad? I always thought it was something fun that brought things out of the boring norm. Sorry, if I thought the site having activity was a bad thing.

I wish I lived in that perfect world of yours. Here's what happens on the site: posting is good. Posting on FG! a lot is, therefore, good. Except it isn't. Once people get bothered by others surpassing them, they start making excuses. The majority of our active posters now want FG! posts to be banned.

You can't use traffic as an excuse to add this. If you could, I'd just recommend a Spam Forum where people would have to post as fast as they can for as long as they can. Hey, I'd be promoting activity, so it would have to be a good thing. This wouldn't, in any way, promote "fun".

If you want to help the site so much, install an Auto-Refresh add-on that refreshes the page every 5 seconds. Problem solved.

Yes.

I also don't see how this is supposed to improve activity. It's a timer. How does tha make anyone want to post more? Plus, seeing many responses in this thread, it seems many just leave SC open on their computer. Wow, so active. This just in, that isn't activity. That's leaving a computer on.

Relating to this and revenue, staying on a single page for seven hours makes less money then posting in three topics.[color=red][/color] Surprising, I know. If you want something that will make money for the site, install a counter that counts the amount of page visits a user goes to. If people compete over that, Rich would make a load of money.

Lukie & Jirachi: Don't worry or get excited (respectively) over it. Unless Rich had this function before and never had it made public, there's no way we would see the time before it was installed.

But if this is implemented, I can only ask that there is an option to hide it.

Wow, third page? I should pay more attention. I say nay.

« Last edited by Xeta on Jul 18th 2010 »
ozzo said:xeta actually makes a lot of sense most of the time

if everyone agreed with him more often we wouldnt have this problem
Vasco Posted: 13:57 Jul18 2010 Post ID: 2871245
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
Post Likes: 7
+
No, it's useless.

Fun fact: three out of the four members who accepted the idea have less than 100 forum posts. I wonder if someone asked them to come here...Derp.

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
superbird5005 Posted: 14:17 Jul18 2010 Post ID: 2871254
superbird5005
Shawn the Supreme
Post Likes: 5
+
Nay.

Simple as that.
badass
Hatershateme is forever bae
IT'S SPELLED Shawn

hatershateme Posted: 14:33 Jul18 2010 Post ID: 2871259
hatershateme
Mr. Forum Games!
Post Likes: 4
+
Nay, not needed

superbird5005 is Bae

Sig and Avy: Craizen

sphynxx said:Step aside people, Mr. forum games coming through. ;)

rate_me Posted: 14:39 Jul18 2010 Post ID: 2871262
rate_me
Post Likes: 2
+
I don't see how this will help anything besides answering the curiosity people have over how much time they have spent on the site. Once they have their number, the interest in the timer will drop. In addition, like many people, I just have the latest posts page open in a tab and refresh every 20 minutes or so. If this becomes the basis off of which people will be judged as active enough or too inactive to be mod/smod, then this will inevitably be heavily abused.

Using this to gauge activity, unless I missed something already said, would be essentially pointless unless we could compare the total time online as of day X to the total time online as of day Y. "V years W months X days Y hours Z minutes online" is meaningless on its own, especially when attempting to determine activity; there have to be other (preferably several) data points (from before alleged drop or increase) to accurately come up with a rate. I'm not a computer expert, but I would think that it would take up a lot of memory to archive the time online on any given day of 328800+ members.

And even then, if we did have the memory and organization to store and easily access the times of nearly 330,000 members, it can be misleading. If these data points are measured only once per week, 7 hours in one week can mean one hour per day or 6:54 on Sunday and 1 minute on the rest of the week. Likewise, that can be scaled upwards to months etc.

nay

Sig by roadkillman997

Battle guide last updated July 22

New account is _amo_
Symphony Posted: 15:18 Jul18 2010 Post ID: 2871276
Symphony
+

Neeeeeeeiiiiigh
Glaceon Posted: 15:21 Jul18 2010 Post ID: 2871277
Glaceon
Tempus fugit
Post Likes: 21
+
I say yay.

It sorta benefits the more active people compared to those who are inactive. It could serve a purpose to those who are active simply to find out how long they've been on. I see nothing wrong with that add-on.

« Last edited by Glaceon on Jul 18th 2010 »
~Keep Moving Forward~

Click to go to my new TLG&W site
Sig by Shay

E-mail/IM me at trekky4ever(at)rocketmail(dot)com
Ninetailed Fox Posted: 16:54 Jul18 2010 Post ID: 2871371
Ninetailed Fox
Kitsune
Post Likes: 6
+
While theres no real point in it its fun to see how long you spend on the site. So I say Yay.

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
geezerguy Posted: 17:14 Jul18 2010 Post ID: 2871388
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
Post Likes: 43
+
lmao ante makes me laugh. XD

also, why so srs?

naaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.
Winner of Member Brawl 2011 <3
Waffersforever Posted: 17:20 Jul18 2010 Post ID: 2871391
Waffersforever