Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Junk Yard Planet

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 31
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 29 | 30 | Last     Next
penguinlord352 Posted: 18:14 Feb04 2011 Post ID: 2961264
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
Post Likes: 1
+
In the distant future, humanity and the planet Earth have been conquered by an unknown alien race through a highly powerful machine army. This army maintains control over what has become a junk yard planet for the alien race. While enough of the Earth's natural environment remains unpolluted to support human life, a large portion of it is covered in junk that is constantly being melted down into new Robots to be used to conquer other inhabitted worlds. Humanity, now enslaved, has developed unique abilities to adapt to this new environment, usually aiding in their daily lives of sorting through the junk that their planet is covered in. Some wield telekinesis, while others have magnetic powers. Some have no natural adaptations, and either construct their own special machines or, in some cases, create high tech prosthetic limbs that can have several different functions. Recently, humans have begun to use their abilities for other purposes. Namely, fighting back against the robotic hordes. This is where our story begins...

Robotic Classes:
Juggernaught-large robotic supersoldiers. If these show up on the scene, then chances of walking away decrease drastically. They have rocket launchers and shoulder mounted laser cannons.

Cruisers-Transportation for the Juggernaughts. Resemble the old myths of "Flying Saucers." They are unarmed, but highly shielded. Best chance of taking out a Juggernaught is to blow its Cruiser up before it gets deployed.

Taskmasters-As the name suggests, these are the day-to-day military presence. Most wield small, wrist mounted laser cannons and leather whips. They switched to leather after the first thousand deaths by laser whip. They resemble Medieval Knights with glowing eyes. they aren't hard to destroy, but hold the force of numbers.

Known Human Adaptations:
Chameleon-Able to blend in with their environment and escape all detection...unless they trip and screw up.

Magnetic-Able to levitate and manipulate metals with ease as though they are liquid metal. They are highly skilled in moving metal parts inside of the Robots, but lately Juggernaughts have been using plastic interior parts.

Telekinetic-Able to levitate and propell or draw in materials, though only if they can see them, which leaves them at a disadvantage against Juggernaughts.

Cybernetics-Highly skilled engineers, they are the equivalent of doctors in the current age. all prosthetics own their limbs ot the Cybernietics. Some Cybernetics even have their own custom made prosthetic limbs.

Prosthetics-Unadapted humans who have lost a limb usually get medical treatment and a replacement made of technology salvaged form the junk yard around them. Those who need prosthetic abilities without having lost limbs may get amputations or tails. The people are usually those who are given the hardest jobs.

Animals:

Almost all known animals that were alive in the year 2011, and some that were not, now exist, adapted in some way to the new environment. These will be listed as they are discovered.

Wolforse-The adaptation of wolves that grew to the size of horses and gained immense strenth, comparable to that of an ox or bull.

POSTS SHOULD BE A DECENT LENGTH AND CONTRIBUTE TO THE STORY. NO VULGARITY OR INAPPROPRIATE SCENES.

Character Template(must be human):

Name:
Adaptation: (prosthetic is able to be added on to all others, but prothetic abilities must be described in bio)
Appearance:
Bio:
Prosthetics: (IF YOU HAVE ONE OR TWO)

Name: Garm Plasmal
Adaptation: Cybernetic-Prosthetic
Appearance: Short black hair, two gauntlet-like arms, medium height, decent pants, and a ragged shirt and cloak.
Bio: He has been working since he turned 8. he had the accident that cost him his arms when he was 10, and he had to use a temporary set of prosthetics to build his own.
Prosthetics:
Right Arm: has a scythe blade concealed in the forearm facing outwards and clawlike fingers useful for climbing the mountains of junk
Left Arm: Welding Torch concealed within his Index finger, and a grappling hook launcher, useful for grabbing distant junk or climbing cliffs and other such natural obstacles.

Character List:
Penguinlord352: Garm Plasmal(male)(Cybernetic-Prosthetic)(Age: 18)
Nightmare2: Ace Shade(male)(Cybernetics and Chameleon)(Age:17)
PearlPrincess1: Lelia(female)(Telekinetic)(Age:17)
Balthair: Alaiason(male)(Telekinetic)(Age:18)
UsernameHere: Aria(female)(Magnetic-Chameleon)(Age:17)
Craizin: Zach Smith(male)(Prosthetic-Chameleon)(Age:22)

« Last edited by penguinlord352 on Apr 4th 2011 »
Reality-The World RP (It's an MMORPG styled RP: it's never too late to join!)

credit to shay for the sig and Craizen avy.
I'm Sir Walter the Garnet Time-Traveling Assassin of the Gemstone Order.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
nightmare2 Posted: 20:00 Feb04 2011 Post ID: 2961291
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
Name: Ace Shade
Adaptation: Cybernetics and Charmeleon
Appearance: Short golden hair and bright blue eyes. Medium hieght, wears all black clothing that is easy to move about in.
Bio: Both his parents died due to laser whips when he was two so he grew up with his older brother who was extremely skilled with building things with metal. He taught Ace all he knew. Even caught and trained a young wolf pup that Ace got to keep. When Ace was 15 he his brother left to join a group of people, leaving him to take care of himself with the promise that they would meet again. Over the next two years Ace, with Akira his wolf, continued to work on cybernetics, fighting, and sneaking around using charmeleon.
Prosthetics: None.

((Is it alright for my character to have Akira? A wolf species that adapted by growing to the size of a horse and becoming much more powerful.))
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
penguinlord352 Posted: 20:38 Feb04 2011 Post ID: 2961301
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
((its fine. i approve your character.))

*Garm winces as the taskmaster whips him for taking so long gathering materials for a prosthetic*
G: I'm working, I'm working.
*He picks up the pace, packing his supply bag with useful tech, then closes it and turns to the taskmaster*
G: Done. Can i go back to my station now, or are you going to whip me some more?
*the taskmaster stops to consider whipping him again*

nightmare2 Posted: 22:26 Feb04 2011 Post ID: 2961339
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
*Ace was sneaking past a couple moments ago using charmeleon but stopped to watch Garm. Interested by an idea he waited for Garm to start heading back to his station*

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
penguinlord352 Posted: 23:12 Feb04 2011 Post ID: 2961357
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
*Garm is spared the whipping as the taskmaster decides time is of the essence, directing Garm to go back to his station*
G: I can't believe this is how i live...there has to be something more to it.
*garm begins to walk back to his station*

nightmare2 Posted: 12:22 Feb05 2011 Post ID: 2961538
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
*Ace follows and waits until they are a good distance from the taskmaster before reappearing infront of garm*
A: That was interesting to watch, not many people act like that infront of a taskmaster. Where ya going? Wanna hang out?

penguinlord352 Posted: 17:12 Feb05 2011 Post ID: 2961628
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
*Garm, startled, almost drops his bag of supplies*
G: Where-oh, right, he must have chameleon abilities. I'm going back to my station. Not many people could get away with that either. Only certified Cybernetics experts can.
*He checks to make sure he isn't missing anything from his supplies or personal possessions*

nightmare2 Posted: 19:25 Feb05 2011 Post ID: 2961700
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
*see hims checking*
A: What ya think I stole something? Nope. But I'm a Cybernetics... not certified really. I left my post, can I join yours? I bet they wouldn't care, most of the time they don't. They do when you try to escape, get real angry they do. Oh I forgot. I'm Ace, it's a pleasure to meet ya.

penguinlord352 Posted: 19:30 Feb05 2011 Post ID: 2961704
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
*He is still a bit suspicious, but Garm decides an extra hand wouldnt hurt*
G: Okay Ace. I'm Garm. Sorry, but most chameleon's that I've met are thieves. Come on, teh taskmasters'll be getting suspicious if we take much longer.

nightmare2 Posted: 19:35 Feb05 2011 Post ID: 2961708
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
A: Cool.
*hops in line behind Garm*
So what can you do?

penguinlord352 Posted: 19:45 Feb05 2011 Post ID: 2961711
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
*Garm, after silently walking for a little bit, decides he ought to tell Ace*
G: scythe blade concealed in my right arm, sharp, claw-like right fingers, grappling hook in left wrist, welding torch in left index finger. You?
*He keeps walking, leading them into view of the station quite quickly*

nightmare2 Posted: 19:50 Feb05 2011 Post ID: 2961713
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
A: That is epic! All I can do is charmeleon, though I am quite skilled with Cybernetics. And if you count hunting with Akira, then that too. Not much else though. I jump around, travel from place to place seek refugee in random stations for awhile then head out again. Looking for my big brother.

penguinlord352 Posted: 19:56 Feb05 2011 Post ID: 2961715
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
G: Its dangerous to do that. taskmasters might start circulating your image, I've seen it happen before.
*He sounds somewhat saddened when he says this, almost depressed in his vocal tone*
G: Be careful how you go about leaving this place.

nightmare2 Posted: 22:30 Feb05 2011 Post ID: 2961764
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
A: They might, but if they do I just sneak away. And then of course stay away. So why are you depressed? Is the idea of something happening me so terrible to bear... oh we must be bonding! Such a beautiful friendship must come of this!
*usings charmeleon and blens in with his surroundings*
A: Don't you ever think there is more to life than just doing what the taskmasters want? Just because you can't hide like me doesn't mean you can't escape or fight back... my brother left to fight back.

penguinlord352 Posted: 15:17 Feb07 2011 Post ID: 2962172
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
G: No...I'm remembering something that happened to a friend of mine.
*he says this aggressively, and then points out something that should be obvious*
G: Stop being invisible, for now at least. I look like an idiot talking to air.
*Garm has ignored the comment Ace made about fighting back, but his mind is spinning with possibilities and thoughts*

pearlprincess1 Posted: 15:37 Feb07 2011 Post ID: 2962179
pearlprincess1
The bunny
Post Likes: 0
+
Name:lelia
Adaptation: telekenisis
Appearance:long blondish hair, skinny tall but very short arms
Bio: she has never really worked before she is very shy but sweet, she dosent realise when danger is comming and she can be oblivious at many times

im back! :D
add me on skype! Smile pearlprincess17
penguinlord352 Posted: 15:48 Feb07 2011 Post ID: 2962183
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
((accepted. by "short arms" do you mean abnormally short, or just short?))
*Garm is lost in a memory of someone he once knew*
*Flashback: A brunette, long haired girl with stunning electric blue eyes that would normally be filled with pride and excitement, but are now filled with fear, runs between two mounds of junk. A much younger Garm runs with her.
A juggernaught catches up to them, and the girl screams in terror. Garm looks back, and is greeted with pain as he finds his arms ripped from his body. This pain is nothing compared to the pain of seeing the girl's broken form lying on the ground feet behind him...dead.*
*Garm snaps back to the present*
G: .....She's gone...nothing can change that. I miss you sis...

pearlprincess1 Posted: 15:54 Feb07 2011 Post ID: 2962186
pearlprincess1
The bunny
+
((just short in general, now whats going on so i can try and ease into this))

im back! :D
add me on skype! Smile pearlprincess17
penguinlord352 Posted: 16:04 Feb07 2011 Post ID: 2962192
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
((Ace and Garm are walking back to Garm's cybernetics station, they just met. also, i just added a length requirement to the posts, they should be about the length of my last one.))
*Garm silently mourns his sister for a few more seconds before arriving back at his station. he pours the contents of his supply bag onto a workbench and takes a quick inventory of all stocked supplies.*
G:Be strong....she wouldn't want you to live in a state of depression. deep breaths...
*After taking several deep breaths, Garm manages to get ahold of himself again, pullout out several tools and laying out a schematic on the central table of the room.*
G: lets get to work.
*Garm begins putting together the prosthetic outlined by the schematic, suing his sotcked parts and the ones he had to look for*

Balthair Posted: 16:36 Feb07 2011 Post ID: 2962198
Balthair
+
Name: Alaiason
Adaptation: Telekinetic/Prosthetic
Appearance: Short, brown hair. Cargo pants torn at knees. Black shirt, and dark grey jacket.
Bio: A victim of an attack by a Juggernaut that caused him to lose an arm, Alaiason has been wandering in search of a new left arm for the past three years. After finding Garm, he is shortly fitted with his new prosthetic left arm.
Prosthetics: In the forearm of his left arm he has a concealed dagger. His wrist also rotates 180 degrees.

« Last edited by Balthair on Feb 8th 2011 »

Credit goes to Yogi_Bear for the sig.
Displaying Page 1 of 31
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 29 | 30 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close