Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Soul Eater: Rise of the Red Eye

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Next
TestVirus101 Posted: 21:35 Dec31 2005 Post ID: 593155
TestVirus101
Ah crap he's finally dead
Post Likes: 35
+

Soul Eater: Rise of the Red Eye
� Jordan Gregory 2005

Chapter 1.

The Hunter

The screams were loud and fierce. Some human and some Lios, the bloodshed, immense. Scar was there, he was used to seeing this, he had the same dream over and over again and he seemed capable of separate thought in it. He was well aware that this was a battlefield off some sort. Every night for as long as his memory took him back, he had this dream. It seemed to reveal more each night but he just couldn?t put the pieces together to regain the knowledge of his past.
He noticed that this time the dream featured a warrior who seemed to know although he had never met the man in his life. They were close, he could tell. They rode into battle, determined to crush the Lios. Scar had memory dating back one year. Every night when he noticed something about the dream or the dream extended itself with new content he seemed to gain back memory. He was well aware he had amnesia as he was in his twenties and a year?s memories was not fitting for a twenty-something year old. He noticed that now the warrior added to his dream helped him in many various and equally dangerous situations, the warrior was experienced, of that Scar could tell. Suddenly the dream seemed to get disfigured and all of a sudden, Scar realized he was awake. Sweat was pouring from his brow yet he had no fear after watching the same dream for over a year every night. He didn?t understand why his body was afraid when he showed no signs of it. He guessed that it just must have been a natural reaction that his brain stirred.
The most interesting thing for Scar however was not only the sweating. He showed all signs of having a nightmare yet he didn?t wake up in a panic, yet fine and relatively calm.

Scar left his house; it was tucked away quietly, hidden in the center of a labyrinth of alleyways. He wasn?t sure how he got that house however. In truth when he first woke up and couldn?t remember anything a year ago, he was in that house and so were all of the possessions he had assumed as his.
Scar walked quietly through the twisting alleyways, stepping in puddles from the storm the night beforehand, at least that?s what he thought. In truth the puddles of water were actually pools of blood. Scar?s house was out of sight to the Lios and surrounded by a great light when someone neared it, he was hidden deep in the slums of a city with lights able to repel Lios, quite a luxury. He proceeded out of the labyrinth and into a relatively silent street, in truth he was worried, it was meant to be alive and bustling. He thought back to the ?puddles of water?. It finally hit him, how could he have been so stupid? Lios killed everyone, well almost. Apart from the odd survivor, it was a massacre. His blood began to stir and boil, he hated the Lios, as far as he knew, they had ruined his life. Yet they have done the same for basically everyone else so the idea seemed clich�. To have a race ruining ones life as clich� in a world was horrible. To have classed Lios attacks and Lios related incidents into their own category was even more terrible. There was a glimmer of hope however. The Storm Riders were coming to the west, they had done so much in the south and now they approached the west, hoping to do the same. He had always admired the courage off those men and woman. He knew little about them, but he did know they were led by a fierce warrior named Harken and had many other powerful warriors making up their ranks.

Scar entered the building he had come to know as work. It was run by a fierce high priest named Zuntyh. Scar wasn?t stupid, he knew all to well that the organization he worked for was a cult. In fact he had been sent on many missions for them. He was their runner and his job was basically the same job they all had, to harvest souls. In truth they never had to kill you. They gave you two choices, sign a contract and offer up your soul, with the bonus of joining them. But the second was for the resisters, death. It obviously wasn?t a democracy, but they were a formidable force against the Lios. Zuntyh hated them, he had been born to a Lios father and he was half Lios. The Red Eye was formed and although it had nothing to do directly with the Lios as they had no souls, but if they were to interfere, they?d die. Scar had well been able to kill them and their plans to harvest his soul had failed, yet he had in the end decided to join them. What had pushed him to that decision, he did not know, but he had a strange impulse to do so. The Red Eye was a cult based on reviving an ancient beast of the same name. It was a cult and even the members and Zuntyh did not deny it. But once you had offered up your soul via a contract, their was no turning back. Scar had not offered his soul and as such was used as a runner. Paid individually for each soul, and not receiving a fixed salary. After all to them, he could not be trusted and to him, they could not be trusted.
Scar entered the building and proceeded over to the front desk, as per usual two members were waiting for him. They were Zuntyh?s two top generals; Vmout and Syddraz. The strange names of the three top members had always intrigued Scar but he himself did not have the greatest name. He called himself Scar only because of the scar left in his mind, of his past and the keys to that past had yet to reveal themselves. Scar had an unemotional face as he approached Syddraz and Vmout, ?Hey short man? he said to Vmout, ?And hey Stupid? he added, extending his hand to Syddraz. He took it as a point to distinguish their most prominent feature as a greeting, partly as an insult and partly because he couldn?t be stuffed trying to pronounce their names.
Vmout groaned, he was used to this by now yet he hated it when his height was mentioned, ?Hello? he replied acidly.
Syddraz smiled, ?Hey how?s it going man?? he asked casually, receiving a slap over the back of his head from his shorter companion.
Syddraz yelped, ?That hurt? Syddraz stated, rubbing his head.
Vmout shook his head and fixed a glare at Scar, ?We have a mission for you? he stated, a sly grin forming, ?It follows the usual procedures, but?.?
Scar cocked an eyebrow, ?But?? he asked, not expecting this but to mean anything but certain danger, ?But what??
Vmout smiled, ?But we have no idea were the target is located, yet we have one slight lead?.?
Scar smiled, ?That?s a relief? he replied, ?Normally it?s a suicidal add on to the mission? he added, cracking his knuckles through his armor.
Vmout smiled, ?Indeed? he replied, ?Syddraz explain the lead we have please???
Syddraz smiled, ?Well? he said, ?First off the target?s name is Forger, yet he is trapped in some kind of prison.?
Scar nodded, ?So I?ve heard? he replied, ?The famous Harken?s work I presume??
Vmout nodded, ?You presume right? he said, ?Now Syddraz here had come into some information on his whereabouts, well at least someone with more knowledge on them than us.?
Scar nodded, ?And this person might be?? he asked, ?Harken??
Syddraz shook his head, ?Nope? he replied, ?His name is Laj, a soldier that worked for him until he was trapped, he?s in charge of the search party.?
Scar smiled, ?Ok?? he said, ?And where exactly is this Laj?? he asked.
Vmout and Syddraz exchanged glances and turned their attention to Scar, ?We don?t actually know? he stated, ?Sorry if that?s a bother??
Scar frowned, ?It is? he replied, ?You want me to find a guy to get a spec of information to help you get another guy?? he asked, ?Have you not realized that Forger has no soul? He is a Lios.?
Vmout nodded, ?That he is? Vmout replied, ?Yet, Zuntyh has other plans for him, so go or don?t expect pay??
Scar nodded, ?Right away? he said simply, ?Any clue where Laj is though?? he asked Vmout, knowing Syddraz was too stupid to know.
Vmout nodded slightly, ?He?s in this city? he replied, ?May not seem like much, but that?s the only thing we?re certain off? he added.
Syddraz smiled, ?At least you don?t have to search the whole of Ethane?.? He pointed out. Scar merely nodded and set out on his way to the local tavern.

Scar entered the tavern and all grew silent, such was his influence. Scar merely nodded and at once everyone returned to what they were doing. He approached the bar and sat down, ?Time love?? he asked the bartender.
She smiled and checked her clock, ?Two minutes till Red Moon? she stated.
Scar nodded in thanks and ordered a drink. He looked around for any signs of Laj. In this tavern you could learn of anything, and it seemed a good place for Laj to visit. On the off chance he had already visited and didn?t come however, someone was bound to have seen him or have some kind of information on his whereabouts. Scar waited patiently, downing pint after pint in an effort to pass the time. To his luck however, a man entered on the downing of his fourth drink. The man was dressed in non-concealing clothes; it was strange to see if you had experienced this kind of setting before. Scar knew as well as anybody that anyone wanting information normally would come in some kind of cloak and not reveal their face. He hesitated for a moment; the thought that it may not be Laj after all had hit him. However after a few minutes it seemed liable he was.
Scar approached Laj, ?Fancy a Pint mate?? he asked him.
Laj nodded in approval, ?If you?d be so kind, yeah thanks? he replied.
Scar nodded and they sat down at the bar, ?Would you be Laj?? he asked.
Laj nodded, ?Aye? he replied, ?I am Laj, what?s it to you??
Scar smiled, ?I heard you were searching for Forger? he stated, ?I know of something behind this tavern that would help ye?.?
Laj hesitated, it was against his common sense to take such an offer, but he had come across no new information in ages, ?Right?.? He replied, ?Let?s go out back then? he added, stupidly.
Scar and Laj proceeded into the back alley, Scar made sure he was in front. Laj thought himself safe, seeing as he was in front, he had room to escape. In truth, Scar had an agreement with the barmaid that anyone going out back with him was to have the door locked behind them. And apart from the door and the window, there was no direct way to get out of the alley.
Laj walked up to Scar and tapped him on the shoulder, Scar turned around slowly, grinning. Laj was uneasy yet he didn?t want to look nervous in front of such an imposing man, ?So?.? He said slowly, ?What information did you have for me? And more importantly what does it have to do with the alleyway we are in??
Scar smiled, ?I have a small piece of information for you? he replied, ?It contains three elements; choice, death and this alleyway.?
Laj frowned and took a small step back, ?Those three particular elements have to do with Forger?? he asked, gulping.
Scar nodded, ?Yes? he replied simply.
Laj cocked an eyebrow, ?At a wild shot? he replied, pausing for thought, ?Forger was in this alley, freed, and made the wrong choice, which resulted in his death??
Scar shook his head, ?No? he replied, ?It?s way different than that??
Laj frowned, ?Then?...? he asked slowly.
Scar smiled, ?Then?..? he replied, mimicking Laj?s voice, ?The situation is that we?re both in this alleyway. I?m hired by the Red Eye to hunt down and capture Forger, and you?re the only one with info on his whereabouts?.?
Laj nodded uneasily, he turned and ran towards the door, stopping momentarily to look at Scar. He noticed Scar had not budged. A trickle of fear slithered down his spine and Laj pulled on the doorknob, it didn?t budge, it was locked. Laj gulped and assessed any other means of escape. There was the window that Scar was leaning against, so that was out, and there was the option of climbing the wall. Laj ran over to the wall and began climbing, it wasn?t easy to climb and he slipped many times. He eventually got a good grip and climbed the high wall. He neared the top and Scar walked over calmly. Scar looked up at him and back at the wall. Laj was well out of reach for Scar?s hands yet Scar had let him fall into that false sense of security. The wall was a solid nine inch thick, but Scar wasn?t the least worried. He liked toying with his prey; he liked the thrill that he got when they realized that they were dead meat. Scar had let Laj climb to a safe height, because the fear he would strike would be far greater. He threw his fist back and slammed it into the solid brick wall. It cracked slightly and Laj was shaken off the wall and landed face first on the concrete floor.
Scar smiled as he eyed his prey, ?Thought I?d make it that easy?? he asked, ?A nine inch brick wall is nothing when it comes to shaking somebody off?. At least to me anyway??
Laj didn?t respond, he was wide awake and looking into Scar?s mask. Scar always wore a mask, it had blue eyes, although Scar himself had brown eyes. Scar had a reputation for striking fear into his target?s and his methods made him like a hunter. Thus he was named ?The hunter? and thus was his reputation formed. Laj hadn?t accepted his fate, his fate was that of choice and it was vital he made the right one. Scar hadn?t even given him the choice yet, but he knew the two options already. He assed them, one: Don?t reveal what he knows of Forger and his location and die for it. Or two: Reveal what he knows, and possibly kill his boss in the process, yet he?d be alive and right now that was what mattered. The only reason he had joined Forger was because of his leader Tyjet, his friend Badan and their mentor, Kevin. A warrior named Zereth had killed Kevin. At least that?s what they had found out. They had to search for information after the three of them had fled and Forger and Kevin had stayed. Forger had been sealed in a magical prison, whereas Kevin had his limbs chopped off and his torso hung. Laj had wanted to track down Zereth as he was the one responsible, yet Tyjet had assigned himself that responsibility. Badan had been tasked with looking after the rest of the army and to wait for himself and Tyjet to come back. They had wanted to kill all of the main Storm Riders in fact. But Kevin had taken out Porta and Jordan was too strong, Tyjet had been unable to beat him, and Badan and himself were far too inexperienced to take on Tyjet. With Harken?s mysterious disappearance, and suspected death, Zereth was the only one they could handle or was left. It was true he had used his powers to take down both Badan and Laj himself but Tyjet was far stronger than the both of them combined.
Laj snapped out of his deep trail of thought to see Scar scouting his eyes, could he read minds? Scar smiled and dropped Laj on the floor, ?So friend? he said mockingly, ?Have you information do you have on Forger?s whereabouts??
Laj gasped for breath, ?Probably? he replied, before he thought of what he was saying.
Scar glared at the now extremely frightened Laj, ?You wish death upon yourself fool?? he asked him, ?Or at the cost of your minor information?.. Life??
Laj frowned, ?And what makes you think my information is only minor?? he questioned his interrogator.
Scar smiled, ?Because if you had precise information? he replied, ?You?d have not come to this place.?
Laj nodded, ?You are good? he replied, ?But I?m better!? he added, jumping up and throwing a punch at Scar. The punch landed square on Scar?s face, yet he was unfazed. Frightened, Laj grabbed Scar?s sword from its hilt without resistance and thrust it into Scar?s stomach. The blade bounced off Scar?s armor and he grinned. He grabbed Laj by the neck and smiled, ?Maybe this will make you talk? he stated, throwing Laj through the bar window. Laj smiled, yet again Scar had done something that seemed stupid, Scar simply threw a bottle at a particularly strong patron and ducked out of sight. Laj was the only other that could have thrown that bottle, judging by where it had appeared to have been sent flying from. The patron glared at Laj, who merely smiled nervously and waved. He charged at Laj and began pounding into him. Scar smiled and decided to make things even more interesting. He threw another bottle at a patron and he pointed to the man beating up Laj, another brawl erupted. Scar was satisfied with the small brawl but thought this opportunity to good to waste, ?Bar fight!? he screamed. Laj looked at him as if to say no, but Scar merely smiled as he and the rest of the other patrons jumped into the scrum. Laj rolled out of the way and managed to avoid being squashed by the massive pile of strong men. Scar hadn?t seen him and was busy partaking in the bar fight, Laj slipped out the door without a sound. Scar noticed the door close and he cried out for everyone to stop. Everyone looked at him and he motioned to the door, ?The starter ran off!? he exclaimed. Everyone grunted and charged out the door in groves, chasing after Laj in hordes, bloodshed on their minds. Scar however ran out the back and climbed up a series of walls and ended up in the same street as Laj before all the others. He swooped down and grabbed Laj, Laj cried out, but his scream was muffled by Scar?s arm. Not that his cry would have helped him anyway, seeing as he had half the town?s thugs looking for him with weapons off all kinds. Scar smiled and threw Laj on the roof, ?Now? he said, a grin curling on his lips, ?Give me your information, or else?.?
Laj decided to push his luck, ?Or else?? he asked his potential killer.
Scar glared at him yet his grin remained, ?Or else? he replied, ?I?ll throw you to the mobs? he added, pointing below to the crowds of thugs that had seemed to grow since the bar fight.
Laj nodded, he had given up trying, no matter what he did, Scar let him and he still won, ?Alright, alright?.? He replied, ?For one he?s in this city? he replied, ?And somewhere around the Lios controlled section?. That?s all I know at the moment.?
Scar nodded, ?That?ll do, lowers my search to the?. Dread zone? he stated, Laj detected a hint of fear in his voice.
Laj nodded, ?Good luck with that? he replied, crawling away.
Scar groaned and kicked Laj in the ***, Laj fell to the floor and stopped crawling, ?I?m not done with you yet? he stated, grinning.
Laj groaned, ?What now?? he asked.
Scar smiled, ?You?re coming to the dread zone with me? he replied, grabbing Laj by the arm.
Laj shook him off, ?And if I refuse?? he asked Scar.
Scar grinned, ?If you refuse then well, that mob will find you flying off a roof. And they?re like a devil on steroids?? unpredictable.?
Laj grinned at Scar?s last comment, ?I see your point? he replied, nodding as if taking what he had been told in.
Scar smiled, ?Now that that?s settled? he replied, ?Ready for round two of that brawl??
Laj backed away slowly, ?What the hell! Stay away! Stay away!? he cried, almost whimpering.
Scar smiled, ?I?m only joking? he replied, helping Laj up, ?That is unless you want to?? he added, chuckling.
Laj shook his head frightfully, ?Hell no? he stated, ?So Dread zone it is!?
Scar merely shook his head, ?You?re scared off a bar brawl, but you have no problem with going to the ?dread zone??? he asked Laj.
Laj nodded, ?Big strong men I can?t handle, Lios I can? he replied simply.
Scar nodded, ?I see your point? he replied, ?Yet the fact you?re the decoy for my plans to take on a thousand savage Lios must be a factor for fear?.? He stated.
Laj gawped, ?A thousand what!?

I hope you guys liked it. Remember the first in the series is back a few pages, I hope you've read that as well.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Fox Girl Posted: 22:16 Dec31 2005 Post ID: 593188
Fox Girl
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
I haven't read the first one so I was confused on who the characters where so I guess I'll go back, nice story it's cool update soon.
Xtreme gamer Posted: 23:11 Dec31 2005 Post ID: 593229
Xtreme gamer
#2Seconds
+
Very nice Test. 9/10.

instagram: solidaritysterl
TestVirus101 Posted: 05:58 Jan01 2006 Post ID: 593523
TestVirus101
+
Thanks guys, new chapter soon and FG, cool it should be on page 2 or page 3
kamon36 Posted: 18:20 Jan01 2006 Post ID: 594539
kamon36
The Dead Philosopher
Forum GuestMember
+
toooo long I havn't been able to finish it, very good so far thougth
This moniker is a shadow of the past.
TestVirus101 Posted: 06:01 Jan02 2006 Post ID: 595122
TestVirus101
+
Lol I pride myself on my fan fiction, if there's one thingI do good it's that.
Dark_Warrior Posted: 04:06 Jan16 2006 Post ID: 617744
Dark_Warrior
Forum GuestMember
+
i didnt notice ud posted the new one test ill keep watching i liked the first chapter keep it up
SyStEM oF a DoWn............SlIpKnOT...................KoRn.............HiM............StOnE sOuR............MuShRoOmHeAd

...:::[LMJ].heAt:::...
TestVirus101 Posted: 00:39 Jan17 2006 Post ID: 619413
TestVirus101
+
I will DW, in one or two days you shall have the second chapter! w00tness!
Xtreme gamer Posted: 22:17 Jan17 2006 Post ID: 620995
Xtreme gamer
#2Seconds
+
Cool. This chapter is pretty nice. You know I STILL havent got my 3rd chapter yet?

TestVirus101 Posted: 06:15 Jan18 2006 Post ID: 621142
TestVirus101
+
After a long wait, here it is!

Chapter 2

The Hunt

Scar and Laj approached the border of Vandar. They had used the rooftops to avoid detection. Vandar was truly and odd city. Unlike Aralias, Vandar was divided between two races. In Aralias, the Lios invaded the city from the country forts they inhabited and raised havoc every night. However, in Vandar, Lios had taken over there own part of the city, aptly named the ?Dread Zone?. Scar had never been there himself, few had, but, most of them had survived. Due to the fact that they had been in there when the sun was up, and that they had never went too far in. The Lios raided the other part of the city every night, luckily, the country folk in the east were ok, but the city was under fire almost every night. The Lios in Vandar were also led by a Lios general, Tomegra. Tomegra was a famous Lios he was in fact the first ever chosen Lios general. He was the nephew of the deceased Loris, the only Lios general ever to fall, fittingly at the hands of Harken Dorisan. Harken was a hero in the south, and Scar hoped every day he appeared and would rid the east of Lios as well. He hadn?t actually rid the south of Lios, there were still attacks, but Aura and the ALF took it upon themselves to take care of that. The ALF were interested in branching up to the east, to help fight of the Lios in Vandar. It wasn?t the Storm Riders, Scar had thought, but it was a start. Laj himself was in a state of pure terror, he hadn?t wanted to come with Scar to the dread zone, especially as a decoy. He had no choice in the matter though, as Scar had given him only one alternative, certain death at the hands of an angry mob. At least this way Laj still had a chance, well at least that?s how he saw it. Laj slowly took notice of the signs, trying to grasp what he was about to do. He had lost almost all sanity at that point, Red Moon was coming around in a couple of minutes, and they were entering the dread zone. A crazy thing by all standards, considering that Lios come out in Red Moon and that the pikes with Vandarian heads were an omen. Scar himself, showed no signs of fear. Partly due to the fact he wore armor covering every part of his body, bar the back of his head, which was exposed and revealed brown hair. Scar on the inside however, was a different story, he wasn?t one to get fearful, but going to the dread zone at this time was suicide, and thus, none had attempted to do so. Scar ushered for Laj to follow him, the moon was now blood red, as it went every night. There was the occasional night it was normal however, and at that time all people in Ethane rejoiced, if only for a few hours. Scat stepped over the blood border marked out by the Lios. It was a line separating the two parts of the city; it was a line of dried blood. Scar had stepped over the line and had not questioned it, Laj however was a different story altogether. Laj hadn?t wanted anything to do with this place, and he wasn?t in any rush to walk into Lios infested territory at night. Regardless however, he was not in the position where he had a choice, and stepped over the line. Laj closed his eyes as he did so, expecting some kind of weird feeling or some kind of evil energy as soon as he crossed the border. However he opened his eyes when he realized that one, it was no different that how the other side of the border felt, and two, Scar was shouting at him to follow.
Laj and Scar made sure they didn?t make much sound. Lios were now officially on the hunt for blood, they didn?t actually suck humans blood, and actually ate meat, like that of a chicken or cow. However, humans were considered their worst enemy, and thus were killed on sight. They would then bite the corpse and the deceased would rise again, a Lios. Scar and Laj yet again stuck to the rooftops. It was considerably harder this time however, seeing as most of the houses and buildings were in a state of ruin and roofs were scarce. Scar stopped and surveyed his surroundings. Laj almost ran into him, seeing as Scar had been rushing and trying to find a sign of Forger very quickly. Laj had been struggling to keep up with him and when he realized Scar had stopped, he almost ran into him. Laj was about to speak, yet Scar held his hand out and covered Laj?s mouth, to prevent him doing so. Satisfied he had brought his point across, Scar released his grip on Laj?s mouth and ushered for him to take a glance at that what was below them.
Laj peered over the roof?s edge, ?What is it?? he asked Scar, not noticing anything out of the ordinary.
Scar frowned, ?I?m not sure? he replied, ?But if gut feeling is anything to go by, then I?d go with this place as Forger?s prison.
Laj nodded slowly, ?So what you?re saying is that when Harken transported Forger in that seal thing that he winded up here?? he asked.
Scar nodded, ?You saw Harken banish him first-hand did you not?? he questioned Laj, ?You were at that battle.?
Laj frowned, ?That I was? he replied, ?However, I was bested and fled before Forger was sealed away to some remote area in Ethane?.?
Scar sighed, ?Coward? he replied, ?Seems that you?re a useless ally?.?
Laj chuckled lightly, ?You mean to tell me that if you were about to be killed by Zereth Arcanum that you wouldn?t run?? he asked his formidable and certainly brave ally.
Scar cocked an eyebrow, ?You mean to say that this Zereth Arcanum is something special?? he asked his captive, ?I was under the impression that he was only a lap-dog for the true hero Harken??
Laj frowned, ?Thing is? he replied, ?Harken is the stronger and the more formidable one, but don?t even underestimate Zereth.?
Scar cocked an eyebrow yet again, ?Any particular reason I should take heed of your advice?? he asked Laj.
Laj nodded, ?He?s Rage incarnate? he replied, ?When he?s ******, you better run, or else you?ll end up like Kevin.?
Scar frowned, ?Who might this Kevin be?? he asked.
Laj sighed, ?The best mercenary I and everyone knew? he replied, ?He?s who convinced us to join Forger, he died at Zereth?s hands shortly after Forger was transported away.?
Scar was beginning to follow, ?And that makes Zereth rage incarnate?? he asked, ?Why??
Laj smiled, ?Kevin was up against Zereth?s best friend, Porta? he replied, ?He almost lost in actual fact from what I?ve heard, but he killed Porta in the end. Zereth got ****** that his best friend died and annihilated Kevin.?
Scar smiled, Zereth sounded like a formidable opponent, ?How so?? he asked.
Laj smiled, ?Zereth?s an Arian, a fighter of luck. He helped Harken beat Forger once. He made a clone of himself and defeated both myself and my comrade Badan. And after Porta died, Kevin tried to defend himself against Zereth, but he was just too intense. Zereth cut off all of Kevin?s limbs and hung his torso while he was still alive, not to mention bleeding like hell??
Scar was wide eyed, ?Ouch? he replied, stunned, ?I?d love to take this Zereth on one day? he stated.
Laj nodded, ?You probably might if we live through this? he stated, ?Zereth is the third highest rank in the Storm Riders, he?ll be with them if they ever come here and help us out??
Scar nodded, ?Thanks for the heads up? he replied, ?Now watch this, and do what I do, ok??
Laj nodded in response. Scar jumped off the roof and into a nearby empty dumpster, all that was in it was a conveniently placed mattress. It was probably a bed for one of the Lios. Laj unwillingly followed, closing his eyes and jumping off. Needless to say, he missed the bin completely and ended up in the neighboring one, full of rubbish. Scar let out a slight chuckle and proceeded on. Laj climbed out of the bin and dusted the banana peels and other sorts of rubbish off himself. They were black, rotten. Most likely hadn?t been emptied since Lios seized control of this part of the city, twenty years ago. Laj eyed Scar proceeding around a corner and decided to follow him, partly because he trusted him, and partly because Lios were things he didn?t like to tackle with his weapon lying on a bar floor half way across the town. Laj turned a corner and ran right into Scar?s back; he toppled back while Scar seemed unfazed. Scar put a finger to his lips, to warn Laj against talking. He ushered for Laj to peek around the corner Scar was looking around. Laj nodded and took a glance, he saw a green orb on the floor, Lios weren?t guarding it, yet it seemed to be in the middle of a Lios camp. It was to easy to be true and Scar braced himself. He smiled at Laj, and pointed towards the orb.
Laj gulped, ?I don?t know what you?re expecting off me? he stated, ?But whatever it is, I don?t want to know??
Scar shook his head, ?Pathetic? he replied, ?Now get around that corner and grab me that green orb, it?s no doubt a clue to Forger?s location, or maybe the prison he was sealed in shrunk upon being teleporting away?.?
Laj wiped the sweat from his brow, ?I doubt I?m going to enjoy this? he stated, he slowly eased a boot around the corner. He then flung himself right around the corner and grabbed the green orb; a massive screech erupted throughout the air. Laj ran as fast as he could, but a cloaked figure swooped down and punched him in the face, ?Give the orb to me? he commanded, revealing his hand. It was covered by some sort of gauntlet. Laj shot a worried look to were Scar was, unfortunately, he was nowhere to be seen. Laj gulped and looked at his attacker, ?I?ll give you it, only if you help me get out here? he stated, clutching to the orb.
The man shook his head, ?Fool? he replied, ?I could kill you at any moment, now give me the orb or I?ll wait until the Lios are here and then run off with the orb??
Laj reluctantly handed over the orb and the man back flipped over a dumpster and onto a nearby roof, he saluted Laj and disappeared. Laj jumped to his feet and hid under a pile of rubbish. He closed his eyes and hoped for the best.

Scar scavenged through the rubbish carefully, making sure not to wake any Lios sleeping near it, not that they?d pose a threat with the sun out weakening them, but Scar had just woken up and had experienced his usual nightmare. He simply didn?t want to get into combat with savage fiends. He searched under a pile of rubbish bags near where the orb had been last night, he pulled bag after bag away to reveal Laj. Laj smiled and got up, ?Great to finally see you? he scoffed, ?Do me a favor will you? Next time you decided to ******* bail on me? tell me before I undertake a life-threatening situation?.?
Scar smiled, ?I never planned it? he replied, ?My actions seem to be spontaneous, sort of like the devil on steroids??
Laj cocked an eyebrow, ?Do explain??
Scar smiled, ?Put simply?? he replied, ?Unpredictable??
Laj shook his head, ?No, I meant what happened last night??
Scar frowned, although his armor prohibited Laj from seeing this, ?I saw a Lios with a map? he explained, ?And I heard one word of interest: Forger?
Laj?s eyes widened in shock, ?They?re looking for him to?? he asked his brutal companion.
Scar nodded, ?The orb was one of two clues they had, I?ve got the map, now give me the orb?? he replied, ?Both of them together will reveal his location, they came across the map last night.?
Laj looked around nervously, ?Thing?. Is?? he said slowly, ?I? don?t? actually? have? the? orb??
Scar closed his eyes and mumbled something about managing extreme anger. He must have felt like doing much worse, because he punched Laj in the face, ?Idiot!? he spat, ?You screwed up!?
Laj shook his head and punched Scar in the face, Scar was taken aback, that punch had hurt. Pain? something Scar had never experienced. Laj glared at his much larger and fiercer opponent, ?No! You screwed up!? he exclaimed, ?You weren?t there to help me when I got ambushed by some guy and he took the orb!?
Scar glared at Laj, ?I knew I should have done this alone? he stated, ?That?s what you get when you hire crappy help?.?
Laj clenched his fist, ?Hire? Help? Crappy?? he asked, ?You gave me no better solution than to come and I would have got the orb if not for you, and we are not partners!?
Scar threw a punch at Laj and it landed square on his jaw, ?Eat that fool!? he cried, ?I don?t give a damn under what circumstances you?re here, I just want that orb!?
Laj returned the favor with an equally powerful punch, landing in Scar?s gut, this was well on its way to full-blown violence, ?And you think I don?t?!? he replied, throwing yet another punch into Scar?s gut, ?I?m after that orb too!?
Scar chose not to answer with words. He grabbed Laj by the throat, and threw him into the nearby wall. Laj got up and charged at Scar, dodging a punch and upper cutting him to the jaw. Scar stumbled back and clutched his jaw, he unexpectedly kicked Laj in the groin, Laj was sent to the floor in agony.
Laj groaned, ?Cheap shot?? he muttered, gasping for breath.
Scar cracked his neck, ?Ready for round two?? he asked Laj.
Laj moaned, ?Screw you? he replied, struggling to get to his feet.
Scar walked off, heading for the orb that was stolen of Laj last night, ?What did he look like?? he asked Laj.
Laj groaned, ?Screw you? he replied, ?You?re the one that started beating up on me and now you expect my help?!?
Scar turned to face Laj, he showed no signs of emotion, although it was rare he did, due to his armor, ?Yes? he replied bluntly and nodding oddly.
Laj scratched the back of his head, Scar was weird, and Laj hadn?t counted on that answer, ?You?re extremely confusing? he replied, ?Why did you just suddenly change your attitude??
Scar grinned, his armor seemed to move and it made out what appeared to be a smiled, ?I told you before? he replied, ?I?m like a devil on steroids, totally unpredictable? he added, chuckling. He looked at Laj, although he seemed to be in a good mood, his mask reflected a menacing and grim look, ?So are you going to help me get this orb back?? he asked him.
Laj shook his head, ?Get stuffed? he replied coldly, ?Be dammed if I?m helping you again anytime soon?.?
Scar trudged over to Laj and picked him up by his collar, he threw him into the wall, his body slumping down onto the concrete. He once again was angry, something was wrong with him, such extreme mood swings, he was crazy, ?It wasn?t a question you could answer with a no jackass, now get up or you?ll be shut up, permanently.?
Laj got up, dusting himself off, ?I hate you? he stated acidly, walking ahead in the general direction Scar had been heading before assaulting him.
Scar let out a miniscule chuckle, ?Get in line? he replied, ?It?s a bloody darn big one?? he added, grinning manically.
Laj cocked an eyebrow, ?What?s the line for?? he asked, although he knew it was a smartass comment.
Scar grinned, ?The line is for the fan club, but at the moment their to full to get any new members?? he replied, walking out in front of Laj and towards the Dread Zone exit.

Laj trudged along the path, the Dread Zone was filthy, not to mention extremely disgusting. Dead corpses and blood were all that you could see, if you ignored the sleeping Lios, which Scar voluntarily killed while they walked along and the buildings which were completely trashed. Scar turned around a corner, he knew that all the Lios he killed had been in a state of paralysis and in some cases weakness due to the sun, but he couldn?t pass up the chance to kill them. Still, he wondered why it had been so easy to kill them like this; it seemed crude to be fearful of them when they could send in hunting parties and slaughter them when it was day, but he knew if they attracted to much attention, that Tomegra would use a special ability and make it night, so well that plan was out of the question. Still, however, it was quite fun for Scar to trudge along and slaughter Lios with relative ease.
Laj frowned, his sword was still at the bar where he had met Scar, he was missing out on a lot of fun by not having a weapon, and he wasn?t a kung-fu master, so his strength came from his sword.
Scar grinned, ?God, you should have held on to your sword? he stated, laughing, ?This is fun, but I must admit, I?m nervous...?
Laj cocked an eyebrow and chuckled, ?What? Scared a motion-less Lios might slaughter you?? he teased, grinning at the sounds of his own words.
Scar scoffed, ?Obviously not? he replied, ?However, the thought Tomegra might use his powers to make an artificial night scares me, we?d be killed in an instant, especially with them all after us.?
Laj nodded, Scar brought up a good point that was a thing to be afraid of, and he wasn?t in a position to argue with him anyways, so he didn?t bother talking, and merely trudged alongside Scar with his hands in his pockets.
Scar grinned, ?I got you nervous now right?? he asked, now he was the one that was grinning.
Laj scoffed, ?Shut up? he replied, ?You?re pissing me off!?
Scar smiled, he was used to that reaction, as a matter of a fact he loved in so much, and he almost fed on it. Scar and Laj wearily trudged along the road out of the Dread Zone; they didn?t want to attract any unwanted attention, namely Tomegra.

Scar was bored, he wasn?t usually very chatty, but now that he had someone to talk to, he wasn?t enjoying the silence. He frowned, ?Tell me about this guy that took the orb of you? he stated, ?I?d like to no more about him? Could help me find him quicker?.?
Laj frowned, ?Well the truth is he was cloaked, you know the usual black hooded cloak?? he asked, ?Apart from that he had a very rare looking gauntlet on his hand and he packed a mean punch, basically he was a tough fighter??
Scar nodded, ?Was he a Lios?? he asked, trying to narrow down the suspects.
Laj shook his head, ?No way, Lios would have been far more merciless, and he spared me when I gave him the orb??
Scar nodded once again, ?A powerful, but honorable fighter?? he pondered, ?I know exactly where someone like him would find themselves heading this time of year?? he stated, grinning.
?Where would that be?? Laj says.
Scar smiled in response, ?Have you, by any chance heard of the Vandar fighting tournament?? he asked his weapon-less companion.
?No? never, is it a shifty thing or a proper legal event?? Laj asked in response.
?Legal, perfectly legal, it?s sponsored by the city of Vandar, basically only people that live in Vandar know about it, so you?d probably be excuses for not knowing?? Scar replies. The tournament was a well known thing to the people of Vandar, not many others knew about it, but if you were over five, from Vandar, and did not know of the yearly tournament, then you didn?t get out at all.
Laj nodded, ?Mind giving me a bit of a history lesson?? he asked.
?Sure? Scar replies, ?The tournament was started fifty-six years ago? he adds, ?It?s just a normal tournament, that anyone over sixteen can enter in, there isn?t that much to it, but basically the winner gets a pot load of gold and bragging rights, the winner for the past five years has been a man named Gilgamesh. I have amnesia, so I only have memory of the past year in my life, I had to find this out myself, so I know as much as you now that I?ve told you.?
Laj nodded, ?Great? he replied, ?I?m itching for a fight, where do we sign up?? he asked, grinning.
?I?ll take you there, I was going to head there, now that you?ve mentioned the man was a strong fighter, seems only reasonable that he would have some connection with the tournament. So just stick with me and you?ll be there in no time??
Laj nodded, he smiled, the prospect of a tournament was exciting, he wanted to win, although Scar was entering, he was confident he had the ability to win it, unless someone like Harken showed up, then he was screwed. Scar stepped over the border and into the human controlled part of Vandar, Laj also stepped over the border, glad to be rid of the place. Just before Laj could do anything else however, a large figure dropped from the sky and landed in front of them?.

((((How was it?))))
Aco_KK Posted: 02:40 Jan19 2006 Post ID: 622770
Aco_KK
Forum GuestBanned
+
It was ALRITE, for me 6/10
Reason I got bored after that LONG first paragraph, also I dont find it interesting.
TestVirus101 Posted: 02:54 Jan19 2006 Post ID: 622771
TestVirus101
+
Ah it's all in the description.

And anything you can think of to make it more interesting Aco?
Aco_KK Posted: 21:51 Jan19 2006 Post ID: 624243
Aco_KK
Forum GuestBanned
+
Err make it shorter. he he.
Dark_Warrior Posted: 22:36 Jan19 2006 Post ID: 624270
Dark_Warrior
Forum GuestMember
+
thats not interesting just cause ur brain has the capacity of a 5 year old doesnt mean he should make it shorter its good as it is
SyStEM oF a DoWn............SlIpKnOT...................KoRn.............HiM............StOnE sOuR............MuShRoOmHeAd

...:::[LMJ].heAt:::...
Aco_KK Posted: 03:49 Jan20 2006 Post ID: 625013
Aco_KK
Forum GuestBanned
+
wow my brain does have that kool, it wasnt interesting with or without the longness of the story
F-Zone360 Posted: 17:35 Jan20 2006 Post ID: 626109
F-Zone360
Forum GuestMember
+
He was merly joking right Aco?

GOODBYE SUPERCHEATS, IT WAS A GREAT RUN
Aco_KK Posted: 02:55 Jan21 2006 Post ID: 626775
Aco_KK
Forum GuestBanned
+
I was MERELY JOKIING TO YA KNOW. yeah yaddi yadda yadda
TestVirus101 Posted: 15:56 Jan22 2006 Post ID: 630677
TestVirus101
+
Well I asked what do you want to make it interesting? and you said make it shorter, and now you said length doesnt matter? What do you want? If you want action, the next chapter's got alot...
Xtreme gamer Posted: 17:22 Jan22 2006 Post ID: 630824
Xtreme gamer
#2Seconds
+
Action good...Me want action! Your fanfics are great the way they are Test.

TestVirus101 Posted: 17:42 Jan22 2006 Post ID: 630846
TestVirus101
+
Thanks X, new chapter up soon; keep checking back.
Displaying Page 1 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close