Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Remember when...

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
problemsolver Posted: 19:48 Mar06 2008 Post ID: 2146801
problemsolver
Post Likes: 0
+
Dang... I feel ancient. I came to the site in '03 as well, to look for Legend of the Dragoon help... and ended up figuring it out myself anyway. I do miss the old supercheats... Most of all the members who left. I could list them, but you would only know half of them. I understand what was said about the small town feel...

Problems solved are limited to specific categories. Problemsolver Inc. cannot be held responsible for the outcome of any problem solved.
^Always read the fine print.^
Thanks Trainer Sapphire for the avy/sig.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
InterDimension Posted: 19:57 Mar06 2008 Post ID: 2146824
InterDimension
+
On 06-Mar-2008 Gamerad said:I miss the old T&C.
I second this notion.

Personally, i wish the T&C, Old and New, could be allowed Open in both cases. probably More Posts and traffic for SuperCheats if both are.

I used to be there more then other Boards. even Pokemon Forums.

but i also do Remember back into Early 2005 since i wasnt really registered, but i visited as a Guest
:o A ghost!
therapper Posted: 06:18 Mar07 2008 Post ID: 2147176
therapper
+
On 06-Mar-2008 superblobby said:If they all returned at the same time, then what happens to the new generation of members?

Yers, I see it as generations, I'm a teen, whereas TV and Cath are like, OAP's... and Rich, well like, he dies anytime soon.

But yer, the site sure is different.
danm i'm one of the older member still around and i do miss a few of the older members i 1st hit the site in 10/11/04 but didn't join ontill 09/09/05

05/06 hall of famer

RIP Proof
RIP tu Pac

2 of the best rappers ever

cred to v-gamer for the avatar
superblobby Posted: 06:29 Mar07 2008 Post ID: 2147188
superblobby
Please Don't Stop The Banter
Post Likes: 21
+
On 06-Mar-2008 Shadow Cast said:I like the site better than what it was back in 2006. But people I knew back then aren't here anymore which I guess is what most people miss about the 'early' days.

But for new people, they'll feel the exact same way in the next couple of years. I think of it as a process... one generation leaves and the next enters.
Ehem.

Did one forget moi?
England; time setters for the entire world.
therapper Posted: 06:39 Mar07 2008 Post ID: 2147203
therapper
+
i ant fergot the 1st person i bumped into on this site GGB.

« Last edited by therapper on Mar 7th 2008 »

05/06 hall of famer

RIP Proof
RIP tu Pac

2 of the best rappers ever

cred to v-gamer for the avatar
Cross Wizard Posted: 09:29 Mar07 2008 Post ID: 2147295
Cross Wizard
+
I remember GGB, me and him were good ol' buddies.
Just maybe I will be here every now and then.
Shadow Cast Posted: 09:57 Mar07 2008 Post ID: 2147312
Shadow Cast
+
On 07-Mar-2008 superblobby said:Ehem.

Did one forget moi?
Naw, some still visit here, i.e you :3

Cataclysm Posted: 11:49 Mar07 2008 Post ID: 2147369
Cataclysm
Post Likes: 2
+
I think I'm sort of betwen the old and new generation. I joined with the tomsmiley18 account towards the beginning of the end of the oldies.
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

Shadow Cast Posted: 11:53 Mar07 2008 Post ID: 2147371
Shadow Cast
+
That was the start of a new generation. Any one from late 2006 or early2007 is the last generation :P

(As you see, many of them are leaving)

koolkid24 Posted: 15:45 Mar07 2008 Post ID: 2147568
koolkid24
Post Likes: 1
+
I remember that and the the forums grown alot sense then.
I'm Back!!
InterDimension Posted: 17:06 Mar07 2008 Post ID: 2147712
InterDimension
+
the Forums grown since 2004.. If i joined in June from 13th onward, id be completely Legal of age to be member, June 12 and before (in 2004) i would be 12. but since its 2008, im turning 17 Smile

sorry for my grammar check koolkid, ;P its since, right? in place of sense
:o A ghost!
TestVirus101 Posted: 17:15 Mar07 2008 Post ID: 2147722
TestVirus101
Ah crap he's finally dead
Post Likes: 35
+
I joined the forums at the end of 2004, when the forum began to have rules and spamfest died out shortly after. It also started to pick up at that point, I've never fully known why I stayed as long as I did those early few months, perhaps because I was chosen in the First Moderator Draft and I ended up feeling a strong sense of responsibility?
Faites ou Mourez Posted: 23:58 Mar07 2008 Post ID: 2148275
Faites ou Mourez
+
Oh my god. By my own standards, I am 58 D=
harlsta Posted: 03:38 Mar08 2008 Post ID: 2148392
harlsta
+
i remember SC a while back, like in primary school i was on this site looking up questions to see if anyone had any question that are the same as mine and looking up cheats for even PS and N64

i was to young to join back then
To slay the Dragon,
You must first slay the Bee
~ Harlsta

Milliseconds, Seconds, Minutes, Hours, Days, Weeks, Months and Years
Are All Illusions Of Time, Live Life Without Worrying About Them And You Will Be Living Life To The Fullest
Volke Posted: 09:46 Mar08 2008 Post ID: 2148633
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
To me, it's been pretty much the same thing since I've joined, except that Pandaemonium left.
nintendo_dude Posted: 10:00 Mar08 2008 Post ID: 2148658
nintendo_dude
+
Yeah I remember that I started posting about two weeks after the forums opened, back in September '04. Everything was damn fun back then. Kinda died down with the addition of Mods (although I had more Mod spots than anyone in first draft) but was still good. It was great being Admin, but I left for personal reasons anyway. I'm sure that was around New Year '07. But the forums are completely different now to what they used to be. They seem quite boring now, too. No offense to anyone.

Faites Ou Moures: Forums opened in '04, not '03. Check the Announcements board. First forum post is there by Rich, and that was August 30th 2004. Who are you anyway?

I'm finished here...

Special thanks to Yossy666 for the avatar and signature images.
Faites ou Mourez Posted: 00:36 Mar09 2008 Post ID: 2149862
Faites ou Mourez
+
HOLY SHAT AN N_D ;O

I'm TEAM KA LEADER, I was Chosen one (Joined June 18 2003), but that account died ;_;
v-gamer Posted: 09:33 Mar09 2008 Post ID: 2150066
v-gamer
y so srs?
Post Likes: 4
+
On 09-Mar-2008 Faites ou Mourez said:HOLY SHAT AN N_D ;O

I'm TEAM KA LEADER, I was Chosen one (Joined June 18 2003), but that account died ;_;
And also The Aviator. ^_^

I remember nothing on the forums. This was mainly because I was only on the forums for about 6 months.

I remember that I took a long break from SuperCheats; sometime early in 2007. I came back and the Q&A system changed somehow and I was mad, so I guess that I liked the original system. However, I personally prefer the current system.

I don't know how the forums were. I wish I joined the forums when I joined the site...
Avatar: In memory of ieatwyverns <3

Thank you, Vasco <3
superblobby Posted: 09:37 Mar09 2008 Post ID: 2150071
superblobby
Please Don't Stop The Banter
Post Likes: 21
+
On 07-Mar-2008 Shadow Cast said:That was the start of a new generation. Any one from late 2006 or early2007 is the last generation :P

(As you see, many of them are leaving)
What are you trying to say? :@Not Talking

I'm newb, still :D
England; time setters for the entire world.
Nashdar Posted: 22:21 Mar09 2008 Post ID: 2150859
Nashdar
+
On 05-Mar-2008 cheating101 said:Do you remember days...before today...when Supercheats had a lot of the old members before they left. Before there were S mods, or mods, or forums for that matter. Before Supercheats was big, before they ruined the Question Answer page (I'm not happy about the new look, its corny).

Do you ever miss it? Or do you remember a time long past that you wish you could still do.

For instance, I used to be really into Final Fantasy and Pokemon, and everyday I'd come home and see if anyone posted a question in any of the games that I could answer, and then if I ever got stuck (Which I tend to do a lot in FF games) I'd post my own question and race home from school eagerly logging in and checking to see if someone had answered my question. I really miss that. The forums are nice, but I try to answer all my problems there now and people forget that there is stuff outside the forums on this site. The old small town feel has almost fully evaporated and that is the biggest thing I miss about this site. It has evolved into a beautiful thing, and Rich should be dang proud of it, but it will never be the Old Supercheats.
yeah, there use to be some guys that were fun. I remember how you could argue and throw in a bt of censored words and still have a decent arguement without getting banned. But if you try that now or attempt to restate the past people blow up in your face. I use to LOVE the SSBM forums. Not only is it a ghost town in there, the topics blow. All the guys i use to debate with in game forums were fun cause wejust say crap back and forth about our opinions then just start another later.

Its now just repetitive and same with the G$A forum. Someone makes a Pivot animation then someone else does. one guy thats good at making gfx makes a LP everyone else does. Mods that are completley useless and unactive are still mods. I come on this site everyday but i don't post very often. I see just about every topic in the forums i go go in.

So to answer your question, yah i think the site lost its warm feeling. It use to be a fun place to go for abou an half an hour a day that nex then the next..... ANYWAYS..

this was when i was gamesubmitter from 2006

« Last edited by Nashdar on Mar 9th 2008 »

Gift from Becky, don't look at it too long, beauty might blind you!

Older Account is "Gamesubmitter" Stats Below
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close