Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

The Third Rant of the Wolf.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
dark_wolf_33 Posted: 19:27 Apr24 2008 Post ID: 2214296
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
Post Likes: 7
+
Hello, good friends and GFXers alike, to the third installment and long overdue third edition of my rant. Today, we'll be focusing on the meaning of art.

Many of the people in this forum judge art as a signature. More specifically, what in a signature that is described as good art. Such as the false misconception that the more C4D's, the better. You must have shiny effects or dark effects, depending on the "mood" of the sig. You must have a border. You must have text. I'm here to prove that you, sirs and madams, are completely, utterly, insane.

You see, what placement of C4D's happens to be is only a form of art. That's right. There are many other ways to make art, whether your methods include pastels or Photoshop. Look at this picture. Go ahead, look at it.

That's a painting called the Mona Lisa, by Leonardo Da Vinci. Do you see scatter smudging? Do you see gaussian blurs? Do you see C4D's? The answer is absolutely not, yet this art is a masterpiece all the same. Why? Well, that's because the true meaning of art isn't actually in the art.

It's in the emotion put it in. The sheer effort of putting down something you think looks pleasent or pleasing to your eye on some type of canvas and sharing it.

tl;dr: C4D, shiny, all complicated art is not the only art. It is only a small, miniscule sub-section. Don't be afraid to explore more simpler methods of making art, and always go with what you think looks good.

/rant.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Almost Posted: 19:36 Apr24 2008 Post ID: 2214315
Almost
Post Likes: 0
+
Wow,I actually shed a tear.
Mr.Clueless Posted: 19:38 Apr24 2008 Post ID: 2214321
Mr.Clueless
Post Likes: 1
+
OMG IT HAZ NO TEXT!!!!

Lol, but seriously, that's true. Art is what the artist wants it to be; no less, no more. It can be a simple splotch of paint of a canvas, or it can be the most detailed, sophisticated peice of Photoshop art in existance. There's no one in the world that can tell you what is or is not art. Well, if it's really bad, and you have to squint, and kind of tilt your head to make out what it is, then... at least it's an atempt at art. =P
I'm actually in the process of making a tag that will put this concept into play; no blurring, no C4Ds, no smudging, none of this "accepted cool-looking effect" crap. Just real art. It does have text, though... But, only conceptual text. =D
And so he said, "and there will be delicious cake", and with those words, I said, "I see what you did there..."
Almost Posted: 19:40 Apr24 2008 Post ID: 2214328
Almost
+
Oh it doesn't have a border either.
teh Fable Posted: 21:13 Apr24 2008 Post ID: 2214515
teh Fable
+
On 24-Apr-2008 Almost said:Wow,I actually shed a tear.
Don't post a crap message like that.

I mean no offense to DW, but every time a rant topic is posted, the whole first page is practically filled with suck-up posts and bull crap like that.

Now, about the rant:

Yeah, but you have to think about the fact that Da Vinci was a real artist, who really did have strong feelings towards what he did. Most people make sigs as a hobby, therefore there is not going to be much emotion put into a forum sig.

« Last edited by teh Fable on Apr 24th 2008 »

Brøken Posted: 21:15 Apr24 2008 Post ID: 2214519
Brøken
+
On 24-Apr-2008 teh Fable said:Don't post a crap message like that.

I mean no offense to DW, but every time a rant topic is posted, the whole first page is practically filled with suck-up posts and bull crap like that.

Now, about the rant:

Yeah, but you have to think about the fact that Da Vinci was a real artist, who really did have strong feelings towards what he did. Most people make sigs as a hobby, therefore there is not going to be much emotion put into a forum sig.
Hey,how about you don't post crap like that?

' from the man linkey the frate himself.
Aaden Foli Posted: 21:18 Apr24 2008 Post ID: 2214523
Aaden Foli
+
*looks around at everyone else hesitantly*

*starts a slow clap*

*stops*

I'm glad you... got that off your chest? :b
Brøken Posted: 21:19 Apr24 2008 Post ID: 2214524
Brøken
+
Lol at Aaden.

Aaden Foli Posted: 21:21 Apr24 2008 Post ID: 2214530
Aaden Foli
+
Way-off-topic: Br�ken is a cooler name than Almost.
Ke-v-in Posted: 21:22 Apr24 2008 Post ID: 2214532
Ke-v-in
+
I think this is what teh Fable was refering to as bull crap (i agreee with Aaden on the names)
Brøken Posted: 21:24 Apr24 2008 Post ID: 2214536
Brøken
+
Ok thanks.Eh

A bit off-topic.

Mr.Clueless Posted: 21:45 Apr24 2008 Post ID: 2214562
Mr.Clueless
Post Likes: 1
+

Now, about the rant:

Hey, I actually added on, and helped what he said... Don't forget me... ;_;

I'm going to start deleting off-topic posts soon.
And so he said, "and there will be delicious cake", and with those words, I said, "I see what you did there..."
dark_wolf_33 Posted: 21:59 Apr24 2008 Post ID: 2214586
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
+

Now, about the rant:

You're telling me that as if I'm making them suck up. I posted this for the sheer fact that I'm tired of crap being posted about how what people posting isn't art because it "sucks". I never mentioned anything about everyone putting emotion into their art, I just stated what art was and how many of us are bastardizing the artform.
ozzo Posted: 13:39 Apr25 2008 Post ID: 2215049
ozzo
_________S
Post Likes: 17
+
art is an expression

because of the way society today have become so close minded, art has become limited, and only and exception can see true art, and see that it comes in many forms and not just in painting or in gimp, but in such a variety of methods, that its beautiful.

Nashdar Posted: 13:48 Apr25 2008 Post ID: 2215057
Nashdar
+
lol, whoever said you needed C4ds? Did you get bored of not having a reason to rant so you made one your self? That is pathetic. You are right though, just as everyone else was, everyone knew that already. When it comes to signatures such as the ones we make, they tend to have the feeling that requires C4Ds. When it comes to Gfx's like these, they are a certain type of art, graphical computing art. Painting is a totally different thing, Graphics Design....Painting....Graphic Design....Painting.... Graphics Design......Painting....Graphic Deisgn... OH THEY ARE DIFFERENT!!!

You are right but quit assuming EVERYONE thinks that you need C4Ds, and if you need a rant to get yourself noticed, then that is said.

No one wants hear how they are wrong and you are right.

« Last edited by Nashdar on Apr 25th 2008 »

Gift from Becky, don't look at it too long, beauty might blind you!

Older Account is "Gamesubmitter" Stats Below
dark_wolf_33 Posted: 14:51 Apr25 2008 Post ID: 2215084
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
+
You're such a hypocrite, because you're assuming you're right in all of that when you are completely wrong. I never said everyone needed C4D's. I said that this is becoming the standard for a "good sig". You can't assume what everyone knows. I can see what many people think they know, though, that C4D's and text are a must in a piece of art. The point is, painting and graphics design are two different parts of one thing, called art. Your post, sir, was pathetic, and adding multiple punctuations and using caps lock to try to make your point look right further verifies that. Pathetic? Not I.

« Last edited by dark_wolf_33 on Apr 25th 2008 »
jamarie Posted: 15:29 Apr25 2008 Post ID: 2215145
jamarie
+
Well, I do see DW's point. There's became a standard for a sig to become acceptable, due to styles going through with graphic design.

I think that more physical art should be posted. If I can, I'll post some pictures of my exhibition work. I think more people should do actual art these days.

Nashdar: Get a grip. Of course they're different. But in sense, both require creativity, imagination, skill and expertise etc. DW's main point is that in a painters mind their inspiration comes from around them, not from a standard fashion thats being set and dubbed acceptable by teh graphics society.

[right]~ J A M A R I E // C R Y S T A L U T O P I A ~[/color][/right]

teh Fable Posted: 17:57 Apr25 2008 Post ID: 2215427
teh Fable
+
On 24-Apr-2008 dark_wolf_33 said:You're telling me that as if I'm making them suck up. I posted this for the sheer fact that I'm tired of crap being posted about how what people posting isn't art because it "sucks". I never mentioned anything about everyone putting emotion into their art, I just stated what art was and how many of us are bastardizing the artform.
No i'm not. I have no problem with you or your rant posts. It's the people who are sucking up to you. I know it's not your fault, and i'm not blaming you, your just the one being sucked up to.

TestVirus101 Posted: 21:55 Apr25 2008 Post ID: 2215760
TestVirus101
Ah crap he's finally dead
Post Likes: 35
+
The problem with judging art in my opinion is that there isn't some sort of standard and a set of criteria you're being judged on. I look at the Mona Lisa and I laugh and say, "What the hell did that do to deserve being so highly praised? Its a picture of a woman smiling, big deal."

That's my approach on many forms of art to be honest, or I should say, more traditional art. I do find nice shiny GFX effects really fun to look at, if that's anything I can say on the matter.
Nashdar Posted: 22:03 Apr25 2008 Post ID: 2215770
Nashdar
+
art is opinion, when people say it needs mroe C4Ds a lot, that is because they are TestVirus and like "SHINY" Smile lol, me like shiny too *glittery eyes*

Gift from Becky, don't look at it too long, beauty might blind you!

Older Account is "Gamesubmitter" Stats Below
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close