Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

The Third Rant of the Wolf.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
Azdaja Posted: 23:47 Apr25 2008 Post ID: 2215887
Azdaja
Post Likes: 0
+
Um kay but I think what DW is saying is pretty understandable.

Makin' a comeback!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Nashdar Posted: 19:01 May01 2008 Post ID: 2224140
Nashdar
+
hm i tryed to find the bumping rules on the forum guidlines but couldn't find the max time before a topic becomes "dead"

Just wanted to say since i just realized i forgot to post my post, that yes i agree art CAN be about emotion, but it also can be about how others feel.

In reality if you make a piece of art and show the world and NO one likes it but you put all of your emotion in it. Then it wouldn't be considered good, this is just my opinion though.

Whew, good thing i realized i caught that before a week time was on this Smile

Gift from Becky, don't look at it too long, beauty might blind you!

Older Account is "Gamesubmitter" Stats Below
Ke-v-in Posted: 19:04 May01 2008 Post ID: 2224147
Ke-v-in
+
Nashdar the bumping time is one month lol
Nashdar Posted: 19:19 May01 2008 Post ID: 2224159
Nashdar
+
On 01-May-2008 Ke-v-in said:Nashdar the bumping time is one month lol
wow, that is a lot more than i expected xD lol

PhilXZ Posted: 19:30 May01 2008 Post ID: 2224174
PhilXZ
German Wunderkind
+
Ah the Mona Lisa.

They didn't include C4Ds cause they had none, duh!

Not all art is good with C4d, some just use brushes or nothing but text.
Mr.Clueless Posted: 21:29 May01 2008 Post ID: 2224276
Mr.Clueless
Post Likes: 1
+
On 01-May-2008 Nashdar said:hm i tryed to find the bumping rules on the forum guidlines but couldn't find the max time before a topic becomes "dead"

Just wanted to say since i just realized i forgot to post my post, that yes i agree art CAN be about emotion, but it also can be about how others feel.

In reality if you make a piece of art and show the world and NO one likes it but you put all of your emotion in it. Then it wouldn't be considered good, this is just my opinion though.

Whew, good thing i realized i caught that before a week time was on this Smile
"art CAN be about emotion, but it also can be about how others feel."

Actually, a lot of artists paint for themselves, and only themselves. Who cares sif nobody thinks that a certain peice of art is good, no matter how much emotion you put into it. For me, the more emotion I put into it, the less I care about what others think.
And so he said, "and there will be delicious cake", and with those words, I said, "I see what you did there..."
Mr.Clueless Posted: 21:31 May01 2008 Post ID: 2224277
Mr.Clueless
+
On 25-Apr-2008 TestVirus101 said:The problem with judging art in my opinion is that there isn't some sort of standard and a set of criteria you're being judged on. I look at the Mona Lisa and I laugh and say, "What the hell did that do to deserve being so highly praised? Its a picture of a woman smiling, big deal."

That's my approach on many forms of art to be honest, or I should say, more traditional art. I do find nice shiny GFX effects really fun to look at, if that's anything I can say on the matter.
"I look at the Mona Lisa and I laugh and say, 'What the hell did that do to deserve being so highly praised? Its a picture of a woman smiling, big deal.'"

Yes, you may think that that's all it is, but you shouldn't take art for face value, because most of the time, there's more to it than that. You have to take into account how it was made, why it was made, and who it was made for.
And so he said, "and there will be delicious cake", and with those words, I said, "I see what you did there..."
Nashdar Posted: 22:12 May01 2008 Post ID: 2224293
Nashdar
+
On 01-May-2008 Mr.Clueless said:"I look at the Mona Lisa and I laugh and say, 'What the hell did that do to deserve being so highly praised? Its a picture of a woman smiling, big deal.'"

Yes, you may think that that's all it is, but you shouldn't take art for face value, because most of the time, there's more to it than that. You have to take into account how it was made, why it was made, and who it was made for.
^lol

I agree in some areas, but you don't have to take all that in account. If the author displays his art to others, then HE DOES care about what others think. If he didn't care about what others think, then why did he show it to other people? It makes total sense IMO.

And everyone has their own opinion so they can think of Art as anything actually, a meatball on a popcycle stick could be art is they truly wanted it to be Smile

Mr.Clueless Posted: 22:26 May01 2008 Post ID: 2224298
Mr.Clueless
+
On 01-May-2008 Nashdar said:^lol

I agree in some areas, but you don't have to take all that in account. If the author displays his art to others, then HE DOES care about what others think. If he didn't care about what others think, then why did he show it to other people? It makes total sense IMO.

And everyone has their own opinion so they can think of Art as anything actually, a meatball on a popcycle stick could be art is they truly wanted it to be Smile
"a meatball on a popsicle stick"
Hmmm...

And, well, possibly, the person showed it to the public, not for the general public to see, but for the few poeple who understand the image, and relate to it.
Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close