Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Rate a Book!

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 4 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
Craizen Posted: 17:16 Jan31 2010 Post ID: 2795905
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
The Circle Series

10/10
A great four story series that is very involving in it's plot.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
SomeWhere Posted: 13:03 Feb28 2010 Post ID: 2808516
SomeWhere
Post Likes: 5
+
The Dark Tower 5:Wolves of Calla

10/10

Really great Stephen King book. Inspired by the poem "Junker Roland came to the dark tower" he creates a epic story with our worlds and a fantasy world.

MC's:Roland of Gilead, Susannah, Eddie Dean, Jake
"Close your mind,
and
Open your heart."
-Swedish House Mafia
bowow Posted: 13:46 Mar03 2010 Post ID: 2809901
bowow
The Lizard King
Post Likes: 4
+
Harry Potter series

1 million/10

there amazing and theres not a single time when your reading that you dont have a smile on your Face

Cred to TheLlama for the Siggy! And PBO for the Avy!

Blurred Voice said:Female, you just stick a blunt object in your fun hole and nothing comes of it. Man, you grab your pork stick and send little ghost looking things from a Mario game everywhere.
sphynxx Posted: 21:44 Mar05 2010 Post ID: 2810977
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
As a previous post said;

The Night Watch - Sergei Lukyanenko. I agree with everything the previous poster has said, although I disagree with the point on the writing; It was originally written in Russian, and translated, there was bound to be some things that didn't translate directly & would seem odd to us, writing styles differ between cultures. 10/10

The Day Watch, The Twilight Watch, The Last Watch - all by Lukyanenko. All 10/10 for me. The series, which was originally a trilogy, with 2 movies, set in parallel (not directly based off the books) of the first two books (night & day watch) was then joined by The Last Watch, which is a great addition, as it opens the door for a new, more powerful character into the realm Sergei has created. Encompasses Witches, Wizards, Magicians, Warlocks, Vampires, Enchantresses, Good vs. Evil (or two different, yet similar kinds of truths - depending on the way you look at it) Werewolves & things that I'd never heard of, which sadly weren't really explained. Possible reason for that is in Russian Culture there is lore about the beskud I believe it was called, that isn't known to anyone not from Russia

M.Cs for the first 3; Anton; Svetlana, Olga, Gesar, Zabulon, Edgar. Has several side characters taht reappear in all the books as well.

The Alex Cross series (currently 14 novels) by James Patterson;

Arguably the best author of our age. If not ever. Is one of the highest grossing authors in history, if not the highest. Has an ability to make you feel apart of the family, a part of the story & draws you in to a level that most would be suprised from a book series. Isn't about soem super cop that solves impossible cases with some super intellect or suped up gimmick. old fashioned detective work, with psychological profiling (for some parts at least)

entire series; 10/10

M.C; Alex Cross w/his family. Most common re-occuring character that isn't Alex's family; John Samson i think his name is (been a while since I've read them

Last picks;

The Lies of Locke Lamora & Red Seas Under Red Skies by Scott Lynch. Books 1 & 2 of a 6 or 7 part series entitled; "The Gentleman Bastards Sequence" I believe.

Book 1 brings us into the world of Locke Lamora, set on a fantasy planet that was once inhabited by an alien race long his departed. Even Scott Lynch has admitted on his site that he hasn't any idea what the Eldren (the aliens) look like, or even are. He likes it that way.

Locke was raised by a blind priest, that wasn't actually blind to become a part of the greatest bands of theives in the history of their canton/city state. We're given a thorough & detailed history of how Locke came to be in the possession of Chains (the blind priest) & the main story picks up when Locke, and his brothers, his fellow theives & his family are working their current job. Perfect writing. Not for anyone under the age of 15 as there are some instances of explicit language. Anyone that loves a good fantasy read - get this.

Book 2 picks off at the end of Book 1. After the events unfolded, Locke travels with his brother, & best friend Jean Tannen from their birthplace to a new city state/canton/domain (whatever you wanna call it) to re-establish their lives after what took place in the first book. Just as good as the first, if not better. Quality writing all round.

Scott Lynch won the highest available honor for fantasy writers (I believe - its something like that anyway) for his first ever published work; The Lies of Locke Lamora.

both books get 10/10 from me - & having read so many books, Im' not entirely easy to please.

M.Cs - Bk. 1; Locke Lamora, Jean Tannen, Calo & Galdo Sanza; Bug (the Gentleman Bastards)
Bk.2; Locke Lamora, Jean Tannen again are our main heros.

Thems are my picks Thumbs Up

« Last edited by sphynxx on Mar 5th 2010 »

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
MenaceSG Posted: 10:12 Mar23 2010 Post ID: 2818176
MenaceSG
Post Likes: 3
+
Just finished:

The Lovely Bones: by Alice Sebold

(after I bought it in January I finish it at the end of March)

Plot:
Susie Salmon, a fourteen year old girl in Pennsylvania, is murdered on December 6th, 1973. She goes to the In-Between, a place between Heaven and Earth and watches over her family and killer. The story focuses on Susie's family coming to terms with their grief and their hunt for the killer.

Overall:
The book was very good. I loved the storyline and how the author was able to concentrate on a first person view from someone who is technically absent from the events she witnesses. It was a very detailed story and very emotional as well. However, if you read this post and are considering reading the book, I would advise caution as the author does not skimp on the details of the rape. She also is very detailed in talking about an affair with two of the characters in the book and other sexual stuff. There is language in the book as well which really took me by surprise. So be extremely careful with the book. It's not to say I didn't like it, I really enjoyed the story. So overall, I give it a 8/10. Great story, great characters. Didn't like the over sexual stuff and the language.

"I gotcha baby girl.."
Craizen Posted: 21:32 Mar28 2010 Post ID: 2820848
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
^I loved that book.

After: By Amy Efaw

Plot: A child ends up in the trash, and the police find the culprit, sixteen year old Devon Sky Davenport. But can you really deny not knowing your pregnant?

Overall:
That book draws you in from page one. The writing is good, and the plot keeps you entertained. You get inside her head and you feel for her. But the twist at the end will get ya.
nightmare2 Posted: 07:42 Jun05 2010 Post ID: 2852010
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
Compound: By S. A. Bodeen
Rating: 6/10

Plot: Eli and his family have been living in the compound for six years. Eli thought he knew everything about the compound and his family, it would seem he doesn't. His father has to many lies, his older sister is a mystery. He only knows about his mother and little sister. Who he hate, because they visit the Suplements.

Overall: haven't finished it but so far not so good. It started very good and set itself up for something, but the author decides that Eli won't be doing that. The story is kind of dumb and hard to keep me focused on.

Hunger Games: By Suzanne Collins
Rating: 10/10

Plot: A girl who lives in District 12 by the name of katniss Everdeen takes her little sisters place, who was called, in the Hunger Games. The Hunger Games is a tournament that all 12 districts send one boy and one girl in to fight to the death.

Overall: Very good one of the best books i have ever read, the ending is awesome it sets you up for the second book. (note: the second book is called Catching Fire and is even better in my opinion)
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
Warrior13 Posted: 13:25 Jan27 2011 Post ID: 2958569
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
A Tale of Two Cities : Charles Dickens

10/10.

This is my favorite book. I love how Dickens makes it have a twisted ending that is a miracle. I really the plot of the Manette family. And who can't love Lucie Manette?
Shock95 Posted: 23:59 Jun04 2011 Post ID: 3013082
Shock95
Post Likes: 1
+
10/10

"Night" By Elie Wiesel.

-I pick this books because it's the story about the holocaust and, there very sad parts of the story that really goes through you.

Sig & Avy by .Impact <3

Been a member since Feb 11 2007

Will d (mr ramdom) Posted: 15:20 Jun07 2011 Post ID: 3014289
Will d (mr ramdom)
*Insert witty title here*
Post Likes: 4
+
"The Lord of the Rings" by J. R. R. Tolkien

10/10

Plot: Sauron, the Dark Lord, has gathered to him all the Rings of Power -- the means by which he intends to rule Middle-earth. All he lacks in his plans for dominion is the One Ring -- the ring that rules them all -- which has fallen into the hands of the hobbit, Bilbo Baggins. In a sleepy village in the Shire, young Frodo Baggins finds himself faced with an immense task, as his elderly cousin Bilbo entrusts the Ring to his care. Frodo must leave his home and make a perilous journey across Middle-earth to the Cracks of Doom, there to destroy the Ring and foil the Dark Lord in his evil purpose.

An epic fantasy tale told in the fictional world of Middle-earth. It is filled with imaginative writing, songs and poems; and tells snippets of the made-up history of Tolkien's beautiful and imaginative world.
The tale doesn't just follow the journey and growth of one main character, but 3: Sam, Frodo and Aragorn.
An epic tale of good's triumph over evil, betrayal and how there's no place like home.

^Sig by SG^

My Team. It's amazing.

Contact me at: [email protected]
Cross Stinger Posted: 21:43 Sep20 2011 Post ID: 3063456
Cross Stinger
Terrible Treecko
Post Likes: 41
+
The decreased activity in this forum no longer warrants this thread being pinned.
Pravinj Posted: 01:50 Dec12 2011 Post ID: 3082615
Pravinj
^Oh look! my username...
Post Likes: 60
+
Diary of a wimpy kid:9/10, funny and simple.Entertains people of any age, great family movie but gets a bit tedious.

MC: Greg Heffley, Rowley Jefferson, Gregs' family, teachers and friends.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Email: [email protected]
~Avy and Sig by me~
JOHNNYBOLT Posted: 20:03 Feb07 2012 Post ID: 3091791
JOHNNYBOLT
"Yep Yep"
Post Likes: 55
+
The dreamer
Kinda like Hugo cabret it has lots of pictures huge words.
Neftali, Laurito, Mamadre, and Papa

~Made by Red_King on ClickCritters~
Join ClickCritters and friend JohnnyBolt!
Make sure to join Mudkipz Hangout!
And listen to some Coldplay!
Or Adele c:
Zmaster said: i wont tell.

I will always miss you Zman *sobs*
Now I will, never, forget you D:
*I cried so much while typing that*
DaRkLiNkZ Posted: 19:28 Mar25 2012 Post ID: 3103001
DaRkLiNkZ
Post Likes: 0
+
Death Note series: A well drawn anime series with suspense, action, and a twist ending.
10 out of 10
Main Characters:Light Yagami/ Kira, L, Misa Amane, Near, and Mello

« Last edited by DaRkLiNkZ on Mar 25th 2012 »
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 00:30 Apr19 2012 Post ID: 3107968
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+

That's what I'm currently reading. It's my second time through, and it's pretty decent. <3 I'd give it a good 8 out of 10.
yreee Posted: 12:33 Jun08 2012 Post ID: 3118079
yreee
Post Likes: 0
+
Tom Becker 5
star
JOHNNYBOLT Posted: 23:54 Jul08 2012 Post ID: 3127786
JOHNNYBOLT
"Yep Yep"
+
First Warriors set.
10/10

I love figuring out all the starclan prophecies.

Or Adele c:

Pravinj Posted: 09:19 Jul21 2012 Post ID: 3131222
Pravinj
^Oh look! my username...
Post Likes: 60
+
The Da Vinci Code:- 10/10

I love all the facts in it (:

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Email: [email protected]
~Avy and Sig by me~
JOHNNYBOLT Posted: 18:17 Aug10 2012 Post ID: 3138318
JOHNNYBOLT
"Yep Yep"
+
First 2 books in Warriors new prophecy.
10/10

Characters:Leafpaw,Brambleclaw,Spuirellpaw,Tawnypelt,Feathertail,Crowpaw,and Stormfur.

It epic man! Read it!

Or Adele c:

Keyblade21 Posted: 17:47 Aug27 2012 Post ID: 3144092
Keyblade21
Post Likes: 323
+
The Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan gets a 10/10 from me.

Avy & Sig credits go to Hurricane0

Want to join in the chat? Head over to General Chat
Displaying Page 4 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close