Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

There comes a time for everything

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Next
v-gamer Posted: 21:11 Jul21 2008 Post ID: 2339990
v-gamer
y so srs?
Post Likes: 4
+
And, well, my time on Super Cheats has finally come to an end. I?ve basically lost interest. I have larger goals in life than to spend my time on an Internet forum. It?s either now or later that I learn responsibility and being on a site with immature fools isn?t making it any easier.

Since I'm leaving, I request that my moderator applications for the Forums Games, General Chat and Staff forums are withdrawn.

Similar to the reason why many people have left, school is going to be torturous. However, contrary to why many people left, I?m not going to nor am I already in college?yet. I am, however, taking two college courses following a high school schedule, meaning I have the classes every day of the week and the work is due the next day we meet, unlike in college where you have a couple days to complete an assignment and have that class for?well, not every day of the week. And so my nights and free time will be very limited and specified toward my schoolwork. I know this for a fact because other people have taken these classes and they say it is very time consuming. Even though school hasn?t started for me yet, I should probably focus my time on my summer assignments, which isn?t even half way done, yet. Maybe if I have enough time, I?ll post a bit now and then.

I feel now it is time to discuss my history on the forums. It was in late July 2007 when I discovered the forums home. From there, I further discovered the Forums Games forum. Having participated and with a keen interest in this forum, I soon applied for it. This was the first mod spot I?ve received and I?ve held by it all this time. Sometime in October or November I?ve received the Staff forum mod spot. And in February 2008 I?ve gotten the General Chat mod spot. I worked hard to get these mod spots and I ended up being very satisfied with myself. I?ve proven myself enough to the point where I had gained respect from many people on the site. The Super Cheats 2008 Awards had to be one of my most memorable moments on this site, in which I received the ?Best Moderator?, ?Best General Board Mod? and ?Most likely to be promoted? awards. I had a great run and I?m happy I got as far as I did, even if I had never become Super Mod. Being demoted gave me no obligation to feel the need to post in the forums. My activity had suddenly drastically dropped and I just can?t do it anymore.

I?m not sure what people think of me to this day but there are a few names I want to mention and briefly explain. Note that the following is in no particular order whatsoever.

ozzo: Becky, wow. You are something different, you know? Talking with you was pretty much always amazing and very ironic. We?re arguing one minute, and the next we instantly forget about it. I think it?s because we talk too much. Good luck with all the fapping fanboys around you.

ieatwyverns: You are an awesome graphics artist. I wish you good luck and that you get even better. Other than that, you are one of the people worth talking to on Super Cheats. You are randomly hilarious and easy to talk to. I?m hope it?ll remain that way.

Sodacan: We can definitely relate to a certain proportion, but I suppose I?m glad to know you?ve changed; as long as you prefer it that way. You are hilarious and I think somewhat oblivious in what you say, but either way it?s just fun to talk to you.

Animefreak: I didn?t get to know you until recently but ever since it?s been great. No seriously, you?re just an awesome person and unfortunately you know it?s true. But other than that, you?re an amusing person to talk to.

Solar ice: Not that you care for Super Cheats at all, but I included you in here because you are indeed a Super Cheats member, and I talk to you a hella lot. Holly, you are intelligent and generally awesome. I hope you keep it up.

Zaltias: It was very fun early in the Forums Games. You were one of the first people I?ve made friends with on this site. And for the while we moderated there together, it was a blast. Keep the place stable.

Pooly: I wish you had gotten the Forums Games mod spot a while ago. Otherwise, you are also one of the first people I befriended on the site. Like Zaltias, it was fun posting in the Forums Games. It?s just a shame you were never made mod there.

cheating-is-good: So many memories in such a small amount of time, really. I remember you posting in the Forums Games; you represented me so much. Posting in every topic and keeping the forum alive and active, and getting people to post there. You contributed so much to that forum. And then submissions; you were rising and was doubted by many people you couldn?t make it. But you proved them wrong, and became the top submitter. At the same time, you?ve gained 20+K posts. Seriously dude, keep it up.

EspeonDude_ and Fwank: Two of the first people I?ve met. Always helped me in my pokemon troubles. ^_^ You two are just great and awesome people. Thanks much for the help, and I look to talking to you on MSN.

Catharsis, Pho�ia, superblobby, poke.addicted: Without a doubt, some of the best super mods on the site. I?ve had some awesome times with these four people, and I hope to spend more awesome times with them. Keep it up, guys.

To all the admins: Thank you very much for the chance to be a moderator of Super Cheats. It was a pleasure serving a couple of the most important forums on the site. I?m sorry that this had to happen but it did. Thank you for the opportunity, and good luck.

And finally, to all who applied for the Forums Games, General Chat and Staff forums: Good luck on retrieving my spot(s). Just remember you have some big shoes to fill. Keep the rules in mind and be mature and responsible. I hope the best are chosen for these forums.

There are so many others I want to add to this list but simply can?t think of what to say about them. And then there are others that I simply can?t think of? All in all, if you?re not on the list, just know that all of you are worthy of being on my list; I just couldn?t be bothered to remember to add you.

And now comes the time when I bid farewell to all the members on Super Cheats. My time here has been great and very memorable, and I plan on visiting now and then when I do have the time. I also plan on coming onto MSN occasionally. Just note that I won?t be very active in conversation and I?ll probably even ignore some of you. For future reference, please don?t bug on me on MSN asking whether or not I?m there when I don?t respond.

With that said, if anyone wants to keep in touch with me and has MSN, add me: its_gi[at]hotmail[dot]com

I tried not to make this too emotional, and I think I did a decent job at making this somewhat high in spirits. So with all this said...

Good luck Super Cheats.
Avatar: In memory of ieatwyverns <3

Thank you, Vasco <3
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Animefreak Posted: 21:14 Jul21 2008 Post ID: 2339991
Animefreak
The Doctor
Post Likes: 3
+
I still call bullshit on the "Unfortunately knowing" comment.
Yes.
Catharsis Posted: 21:14 Jul21 2008 Post ID: 2339994
Catharsis
One thought fills immensity.
Post Likes: 0
+
Well, seeing as I've known about this for a while now, it hardly comes as a shock, but still sucks to see you go.

Seeya Vee.

Signature and avatar made by Master Volthawk.
Email/MSN: empyrean decadence at hotmail dot com (Remove all spaces)

"Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius." - William Blake.

Winner of Member Brawl '09. Finally cleared out enough sig space to include that.
bgfl529 Posted: 21:16 Jul21 2008 Post ID: 2339995
bgfl529
Forum GuestMember
+
Aww, its sad to see you go V, you were a great contributer to SC. Stay outta trouble & I wish you good luck in life :]
Bye :c
Zaltias Posted: 21:26 Jul21 2008 Post ID: 2340002
Zaltias
+
It was really fun the whole time V..

All i can pretty much say is good luck with your studies and have a great life =]

Kudos to you.

10 - Supply Depot (1)
13 - Barracks
15 - Marine (1)
16 - Orbital Command + Supply Depot (2)
16 @100% Marine (1) - Command Center (2)
21 - Bunker (1) + Barracks (2) (3)
Town Idiot25 Posted: 21:37 Jul21 2008 Post ID: 2340013
Town Idiot25
DANG IT BOBBEH!
+
:'(

So long then...

A Quote
Within a Quote?

POSTCEPTION
hulkman62 Posted: 21:56 Jul21 2008 Post ID: 2340027
hulkman62
+
:( :( :( :( ok well c ya then i guess :( :( talk to u on msn now i will go cry myself to sleep now :( :(

thx so much goal machine for my new siggy that i can use sense im back in SC

thx neko thx galade
Aether13 Posted: 23:25 Jul21 2008 Post ID: 2340091
Aether13
Post Likes: 1
+
D: I did not see this coming and it sucks that you have to leave
but good luck in school and try and maybe drop in once in awhile =D

Veenis made teh siggy :D
Heart Gold FC: 5242 6951 2898
Also if you want to go to PXE click this link...DO IT!
Flareon Dude_ Posted: 23:33 Jul21 2008 Post ID: 2340097
Flareon Dude_
+
you make Flareon Dude_ sad.....

well, it's been a blast, buddy. Nice knowin ya, have a good life, yada yada yada. All the best wishes with yer classes to come, man. Smile
"Do or do not, there is no try" -Yoda
I'm gone...
v-gamer Posted: 00:30 Jul22 2008 Post ID: 2340126
v-gamer
y so srs?
Post Likes: 4
+
Chase: Well, it's not your thread. :/
Cath, TI25, hulkman: Bye. Smile
bgfl, Aether: Thanks.
Zaltias, Flareon Dude_: Much thanks. Yes, it has been very fun.
Avatar: In memory of ieatwyverns <3

Thank you, Vasco <3
yossy666 Posted: 02:11 Jul22 2008 Post ID: 2340154
yossy666
+
You will definately be missed my friend. I wish you well in life, and know that you were a legend here.
i wanna live like james dean, i wanna die a superstar.
---
yossy666 | Komodo | Aaden Foli | 02 Dissociative. | yossy666
Namek Posted: 02:26 Jul22 2008 Post ID: 2340166
Namek
+
Holy ****.

Who is Rich going to promote now :(

See ya later VEEEEEEEEEEEEGAM'S :(
Brb. Smile
superblobby Posted: 03:20 Jul22 2008 Post ID: 2340191
superblobby
Please Don't Stop The Banter
Post Likes: 21
+
I love Animefreak's avatar.

Where's the mention of my sexy legs we agreed upon? Not Talking
England; time setters for the entire world.
king_jamie56 Posted: 03:21 Jul22 2008 Post ID: 2340192
king_jamie56
Not a Nightmare Penguin
+
Great, ANOTHER great Supercheats member leaving...

...man that sucks total

Maybe when you're done with all those classes, you could come back part-time maybe?

Meh, well, we'll see

Seeya and good luck in life :D

Brawl FC: 1891-2896-6944
Rich's first ever Super Smash Bros Brawl Wi-Fi Opponent
Kenny 2x4 Posted: 04:59 Jul22 2008 Post ID: 2340248
Kenny 2x4
+
See you around V.
Not that I won't be joining the same fate soon enough.
Status = Part Time.

[b][color=red][size=12]I am the car expert! So I've been told. lol[/b]
Check it out
CurryMonster Posted: 05:11 Jul22 2008 Post ID: 2340267
CurryMonster
A Professional with Standard
+
tl;dr.

Enjoy your life.

The Undying Night Book 1: Fiendlord. GET IT HERE.
geezerguy Posted: 07:09 Jul22 2008 Post ID: 2340451
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
Post Likes: 43
+
V! Ahh man, can't believe your leaving. ;_;

You were one of the members I looked up to, even if you didn't know it.

Good luck in life, V, come and visit sometime!
Winner of Member Brawl 2011 <3
balthiersbit Posted: 07:30 Jul22 2008 Post ID: 2340473
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
Post Likes: 188
+
Its a massive shame to see you go VeeP (lol)and just when i was starting to get to know you. I wish you all the luck in the world. Work hard and be happy.

Its a pity youre going out a member and not the great mod that you were. But you will always be remembered here as that great mod.
Take care hun x

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..

Vasco Posted: 07:30 Jul22 2008 Post ID: 2340474
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
Post Likes: 7
+
Damn, i just hope this leaving chain doesnt continue...

Anyway, see ya on msn i guess, good luck with your life.

Im still wishing you make the same as CIG....

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
PhilXZ Posted: 07:32 Jul22 2008 Post ID: 2340477
PhilXZ
German Wunderkind
+
I don't believe it. V, you were and always will be one of the best moderators on this site. Come to say, I've looked up to you like many others. You were like a role-model to me here on this site. To see you leaving amazes me. I thought that you'd stay here longer. It feels like an admin is leaving. You did your job great, and I respect your decision leaving. But please drop by sometime to put me on your list. =P

Good luck in everything you in do!
Displaying Page 1 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close