Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Biggest flunk of man?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 4 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Previous
sid140 Posted: 00:40 Jan21 2009 Post ID: 2526895
sid140
Post Likes: 0
+
Staying on topic, I'd say we screwed up when we started the nuclear energy hype. No matter how many hours the waste is stored, it won't cool down.

Sig by ozzo
Avy by Phil
Contact me @ [email protected]
Xbox live gamertag: sid140
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Seos san Nekros Posted: 05:16 Jan21 2009 Post ID: 2526928
Seos san Nekros
+
On 20-Jan-2009 JBraz3 said:Well maybe the Nuclear Bombs and such were a big mistake, but look at the Cold War, not a single bullet fired from the U.S. or Russia yet so many Nuclear Weapons created which in turn created so much Nuclear Waste. If world leaders could just stop and think of what they learned in Middle School about the Laws of Thermodynamics and that no matter or energy ever "goes away" or "disappears" it just takes another form. Our main problem is how much we "waste" because we basically only use 15% or less of the energy from fossil fuels and other objects yet the other 85% is turned into a form that we cannot use or transform into something we can by our own means (e.i. we burn fuels and make carbondioxide but we cannot fix change it back into the oxygen or fuel that we used to make it, the only thing that can happen is for plants that we also destroy daily to change this carbondioxide into more oxygen but that's only half of the matter we used the other half is turned into heat/energy which is dispersed until the air reaches an equilibrium. Until world leaders can find a way to fix our waste problems we will continue to create more waste. And this so called "research" to find new ways to produce environmentally friendly ways of producing energy while also reducing waste while not do very much because by the time they do find a new way of making environmentally friendly ways of producing energy, they will have wasted so much energy researching and testing these methods that it will take centuries for the natural order of the environment to convert back into a better state were there is less waste.

EDIT: You have to love how I just typed more than everyone else who posted before me combined.
... Forgive me, but what exactly is the flunk? You're saying that the problem is we waste 85% of the energy we produce with fossil fuels and stuff. And then you go on to list a few solutions and why they won't work. If the solutions won't work, then there is no alternative to what we are doing. And if there is no alternative to what we are doing, then it isn't exactly a flunk, it's just doing the best we can. Are you saying we flunk by using energy in the first place, or...?

I'm sorry, I'm just a bit confused here.
[center]
[color=silver]
Thanks to V-Gamer for awesome sig and avy.
[url=http://s381.photobucket.com/albums/oo256/SeossanNekros/][color=silver]Gifts and such. Thanks guys. =D[/url]
[url=http://forums.supercheats.com/topic.php?topic=97843][size=13][color=silver]Short Story - Haunted[/url]
Fusion_Blastoise Posted: 05:16 Jan21 2009 Post ID: 2526929
Fusion_Blastoise
+
@ Sid. Yes, radioactive waste does cool down, it just remains radioactive.

@ JBraz3 What? That statement needs at least 3 more full stops. And what exactly were you getting at?

Mans biggest blunder? The whole "I have to have a bigger stick then you" mentality the world has adopted.

« Last edited by Fusion_Blastoise on Jan 21st 2009 »

Credit to Ozzo for this firggin awesome sig!
Olimar rules on Brawl!

Brawl Details:
FC: 3180-5394-7053
Name: Fuse

sid140 Posted: 10:47 Jan21 2009 Post ID: 2527020
sid140
+
Oh, I wasn't talking about the waste, I was talking about the fuel rods. SorryThumbs Up

Sig by ozzo
Avy by Phil
Contact me @ [email protected]
Xbox live gamertag: sid140
Sir Knight Posted: 16:46 Jan21 2009 Post ID: 2527193
Sir Knight
+
On 13-Jan-2009 PhilXZ said:One flunk would be man itself. The earth was perfectly fine without us for 100 millions of years. We haven't even been here full million and look what we've already done!
You sound like a fan of Iced Earth's "Something Wicked" series.
I_Kill_you Posted: 17:24 Jan21 2009 Post ID: 2527225
I_Kill_you
+
The biggest flunk of man would probably be the guy who picked choice C on an A-B test for every answer. Other than that, I'd probably have to say constructing something as devastating as the nuclear bomb. It's gonna be like Fallout 3 once those suckers drop.

PhilXZ Posted: 17:29 Jan21 2009 Post ID: 2527230
PhilXZ
German Wunderkind
+
Nuclear power, the thing won't go away for ages.
Brøken Posted: 19:30 Jan21 2009 Post ID: 2527415
Brøken
+
Money, can't things be free?

' from the man linkey the frate himself.
Nuclear Destruction Posted: 19:34 Jan21 2009 Post ID: 2527421
Nuclear Destruction
+
Im with broken on this one...

Everybody works and everything is free.... you don't work you die of starvation... simple as that. Now for those of you who say that too cruel, how is it any different now.

Avy - Neko | Sig - Taylor
Me
Brøken Posted: 19:49 Jan21 2009 Post ID: 2527462
Brøken
+
Or you could get credits for how much work you do. Nobody would have to pay you anything, you just get a bank of credits.

' from the man linkey the frate himself.
Cross Stinger Posted: 20:32 Jan21 2009 Post ID: 2527489
Cross Stinger
Terrible Treecko
Post Likes: 41
+
On 12-Jan-2009 Nashdar said:I beleive the biggest flunk of man is calling football in America soccer. Makes no sense.
Actually, the term 'soccer' originated in the UK as a contraction of 'association football'. Somehow it made it over here in the US where the sport was not popular at the time.
CurryMonster Posted: 04:32 Jan23 2009 Post ID: 2528143
CurryMonster
A Professional with Standard
+
On 21-Jan-2009 Br�ken said:Money, can't things be free?
No they can't, and here's why.

If everything was free, everyone could help themselves to whatever they wanted. Who's going to manufacture this stuff? If there's no system of currency, there's no incentive for anybody to work, so there's no stuff for anyone, so society begins to fall apart. The moment you introduce any form of incentive to work - be it food, shiny coins or whatever - you're introducing a form of money. Ergo, society without money cannot exist.

The Undying Night Book 1: Fiendlord. GET IT HERE.
Displaying Page 4 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close