Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Fallout 3

Broken Steel

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 19:27 May06 2009 Post ID: 2614576
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
+
The new DLC is finally out for the 360. Sadly, loony has no LIVE, so I can't experience it. There are several main add ons with this 360 and PC only DLC (Currently unavalible for PC):

- Level Cap raised to 30
- New Perks added
- New Achievements Added
- New Weapons added
- New more powerful enemies such as the Super Mutant Overlord
- The story is now extended beyond the original "end" of Fallout 3. The game now has no "end".

This DLC looks very cool, and I wish I had LIVE if just to download this. I actually have a list of the perks from The Vault, but here are some of the more interesting ones:

Puppies! - Level 22 - If Dogmeat dies, he will be respawned outside of Vault 101 as a puppy after a little while.
Almost Perfect - Level 30 - All main SPECIAL skills are raised to 9
No Weaknesses - Level 24 - All SPECIAL skills below 5 become 5.
Warmonger - Level 26 - Requires 7 INT - All custom weapons become availible, even without schematics.
Party Boy/Party Girl - Level 28 - You no longer suffer withdrawl effects from Alchohol Addiction
Quantum Chemist - Level 22 - Requires 70 Science - Every 10 Nuka-Colas you aquire are automatically converted into a Nuka-Cola Quantum
Nuclear Abnormalty - Level 30 - When your health is reduced to 20 or less, you erupt into a nuclear explosion, effecting allies and enemies alike.
Nerves of Steel - Level 26 - requiers 7 Agility - Action Points recover more quickly.

The Mighty Super Mutant Overlord

The Ferral Ghoul Reaver

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Animefreak Posted at: 20:08 May06 2009 Post ID: 2614609
Animefreak
The Doctor
Post Likes: 3
+
+
Prime is my new god.

The perks are actually a bit of a disappointment, the only ones I have chose were Puppies! and Quantum Chemist. So far, the other two levels I gained, I caught up on the perks I missed.

The achievement glitch is absolute crap, but it seems to work itself out.

Also, goddamn Feral Ghoul Reavers. D=
Yes.
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 20:48 May06 2009 Post ID: 2614638
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
I thought that they were getting a bit less creative with the new perks. They all seem bland other than Puppies!.

Those Ferral Ghoul Reavers do sound tough. Especially when you hand 'em grenades.

Animefreak Posted at: 20:54 May06 2009 Post ID: 2614651
Animefreak
The Doctor
+
+
Dogmeat died seconds after I found him. I ran into a Behemoth. D= Puppies! is awesome for me.

The Reavers are bullshit. I lowered to Normal, sent a good nuke attack from the Fat-man, and it still had 1/3 of it's health.

Super Mutant Overlords aren't that bad, a few sniper shots from the Gauss Rifle, and it's down.

I haven't run into an Albino Radscorpion though, but they sound like they're tougher than the Overlord.

If you get the DLC, you better go in with 500+ stimpaks, and as much ammo and weapons as you can carry. Or the Reaver's will kill you in a matter of seconds.
Yes.
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 20:56 May06 2009 Post ID: 2614655
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
Eh, I'll just carry around the MIRV. Epic overkill.

How're the quests for Broken Steel?

Animefreak Posted at: 21:08 May06 2009 Post ID: 2614662
Animefreak
The Doctor
+
+
MIRV's not all that fun when you're firing at an enemy five feet in front of you.

The quests are... alright. After I had gotten over the fact that they remade the ending of the game, and the shock of the first mission, I rather liked them. Watch for Alien Power Cells in 'Shock Value,' there's about 10 with 12 in each.

'Who Dares Wins' might be my favorite moment in gaming history. This is were the Reavers will be hell though. Confined spaces, fast, tough (invincible if they glitch) enemies, and a lot of Sentry Bots. Also the Enclave Hellfire Troopers are difficult, the Heavy Incinerator in small areas is ... ******.

The 'Holy Water' and 'Protecting the Water Way' are fun, but not really my cup of tea.'The Amazing Aqua Cura' was very fun. Protip: wear the wig.

« Last edited by Animefreak on May 6th 2009 »
Yes.
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 21:15 May06 2009 Post ID: 2614667
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
Ah, I'd just go in guns blazing with my favorite gun in the game: Xaulong Assault Rifle. It may not work too well, but that's when I'd try AC-21's Plasma Rifle. Or the Terrible Shotgun. Or, if all else fails, the Alien Blaster. Now THAT thing is overkill. I killed a Behemoth with one clip of that thing. If you're on the PC, you can also get the Mysterious Stranger's .44 Magnum.

Sounds like a lot of fun. But the question is: Was it worth ten bucks?

Animefreak Posted at: 21:21 May06 2009 Post ID: 2614669
Animefreak
The Doctor
+
+
I went in with the Gauss Rifle, and nearly died. Then I tried again with the Tesla Cannon, which the wiki says is 120 damage each shot, and nearly died. And then I tried with the Terrible Shotgun, and nearly died. I finally got past them with the Chinese Stealth Suit, several stealthboys, and Lincoln's Repeater.

Was it worth ten bucks? It depends, did you like Fallout 3? Did you like roaming the Wastes?

You'll absolutely love it, unless you're like me, and think they shouldn't have redid the ending. But two weeks later, you'll fall in love all over again. So yes, it was worth ten bucks.
Yes.
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 21:30 May06 2009 Post ID: 2614674
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
When in doubt, set it to Very Easy.

Actually, the idea of Fallout 3 having an ending was one of the major gripes about the game. I think allowing for exploration after the game is a great idea, and raising the level cap is cool too.

Hell I wish I had LIVE right now. I dunno if I'd get Anchorage or The Pitt right away, but I'd jump all over Broken Steel.

Animefreak Posted at: 21:34 May06 2009 Post ID: 2614675
Animefreak
The Doctor
+
+
You'll be seeing alot of the Very Easy slider.

It was a gripe, and I agreed with it, but ending it gave me a sense of purpose. If they were just going to raise the level, and change the ending, they should have done it before the game was released.

Anchorage was awesome. Maybe because I liked being in control of my own tactical team, but eh. The Pitt is invaluable just for the Ammo Press.
Yes.
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 21:50 May06 2009 Post ID: 2614683
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
Is it just those Ghouls that are tough, or did they beef up the difficulty on all fronts?

I didn't even like the ending very much. It was a monolouge by some weirdo and a slideshow. It didn't give much of a feeling of closure. Extending the game makes a lot of sense.

Huh. I heard that Anchorage was meh, and the Pitt was good. (Well, for Fallout 3 standards, anyways.) Too bad that I don't have LIVE though. Maybe I can get it this summer or something.

Animefreak Posted at: 21:55 May06 2009 Post ID: 2614687
Animefreak
The Doctor
+
+
I've been playing on Hard and Very Hard for awhile now, and all of a sudden I'm back down to Easy and Normal. Make your own conclusion.

The ending was closure. You chose to do what was right, or didn't. Bethesda should have made Broken Steel the ending of the original game, but they made us pay more for an ending that should have already been there.

I loved Anchorage, I can't say I've ever had so much fun sending troops to their deaths. The Pitt's storyline was great, and the new items, armors, and the Ammo Press makes it a must buy.

Get a Live Trial, download them. Play the hell out of them.
Yes.
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 22:03 May06 2009 Post ID: 2614689
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
Ouch. That's pretty difficult.

And Bethesda actually thought up Broken Steel after they finished Fallout 3 when they beganto tinker around with the idea of extending the story past the end.

I can't. My parents won't let me, and I don't have a wireless adapter for my 360. The money isn't the issue, it's the parents.

Animefreak Posted at: 15:34 May07 2009 Post ID: 2615016
Animefreak
The Doctor
+
+
I've raised the difficulty back to Hard since I got the Tri-Beam Laser Rifle. Still hard though.

They really should have included it in the game, rather than listening to all us fanboys going "WHY THE HELL IS IT NOT LIKE HOW I IMAGINED IT?"

But a Live trial, take your 360 to a friend's house with internet and download it. That's the way I used too.
Yes.
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 17:43 May07 2009 Post ID: 2615089
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
Once again, they made it how they invisioned it. In an interview, they said when the game ended they were like, "This is how the game ended, no way to alter it." then they started to wonder what would happen if such and such happened. Basically, they took the complaints from the game, and Broken Steel is them compensating for all of them. I think it's a good idea, have the game be out for a while, listen to the complaints, and then make a DLC that fixes most or all of the complaints, make a bunch of money off of that, and make the fans happier. Bethesda played it smart.

Ugh, but then I'd have to drag my 360 all the way over to my friend's house...

Animefreak Posted at: 20:50 May08 2009 Post ID: 2615804
Animefreak
The Doctor
+
+
They fixed some of the complaints, but added in a bigger one: the Reavers. I had one glitch on me today, and I couldn't run away or kill it.

Also, the Albino Radscorpion stood up to a sneak attack, and nearly ten shots from the Gauss Rifle.

Upon some checking, it seems you can't play the Pitt or Broken Steel without being hooked to Live (Atleast that's what they're saying at a different forum). Operation Anchorage works fine though.
Yes.
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 21:38 May08 2009 Post ID: 2615812
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
So they added a really powerful enemy. I welcome it. The game's too easy as it is. I just started a file on Very Hard, and I welcome the challenge of an OPed opponent. If it's that much of a complaint, they'll probably release a patch to fix it.

Animefreak Posted at: 22:04 May08 2009 Post ID: 2615817
Animefreak
The Doctor
+
+
You'll think "powerful" when they become impervious to attacks. You can't kill them, and I'm not entirely sure if you could outrun them even if your speed was maxed.
Yes.
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 22:19 May08 2009 Post ID: 2615823
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
Then buy the PC version and turn on God mode.

From what I understand, they CAN be killed, and if someone can kill a Super Mutant Behemoth with a .32 Pistol, I think I could kill a Reaver. I'll just use the Alien Blaster if I ever get the DLC.

Animefreak Posted at: 22:21 May08 2009 Post ID: 2615825
Animefreak
The Doctor
+
+
They can be killed, before they spaz out. What you're not getting here is that they glitch, they can't be killed after this happens, as far as I know, before this though, you can kill them as much as you want.

... I killed the Behemoth in Takoma Park with a .32 Pistol. Was that "someone" a potshot at me? ;_;
Yes.
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close