Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Fallout 3

Favorite Armor/Clothing

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 6

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Last     Previous | Next
mentalist Posted at: 15:01 Feb17 2009 Post ID: 2547775
mentalist
Post Likes: 0
+
+
ledouxs hockey mask is my favourite helmet because once i repaired it to max it didn't ever degrade after that. I don't know if this was a glitch or what was meant to happen. DR of 4 which is average but then again your helmet degrades much faster than your armour so on average even power helmets would hover around 4 while your on a mission.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 15:20 Feb17 2009 Post ID: 2547818
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
+
I think the best DR for head would either be the T-51b Helmet, or a combo of the Ghoul Mask and the Ranger Battle Helmet. That ends up being like 9 DR.

Ledoux's Hockey Mask is good, but only because it grants 25 extra Action points. It's DR isn't anything great.

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
Black Mamba 19 Posted at: 18:35 Feb18 2009 Post ID: 2549596
Black Mamba 19
+
+
I put the normal T-51b armor and the Winterized T-51b armor on my followers so it doesn't get damaged. I use Linden's Outcast Power Armor or Chinese Stealth Armor which rocks.

Great new sig and avy from Eternal_Rage! Holy crap it's finally coming, MASS EFFECT 2.

JBraz3 Posted at: 23:43 Feb18 2009 Post ID: 2550132
JBraz3
+
+
Well, I feel exceptionally lucky I guess because when I got my Winterized T-51B armor it was of course in perfect condition but I have been wearing it for several days which including getting nuked pretty bad by some raiders with missle launchers. Somehow the armor is still in perfect condition Smile. I must say, no objections to that. They either fixed the armor or I got lucky and mine somehow glitched either way I'm happy.
Black Mamba 19 Posted at: 18:18 Feb20 2009 Post ID: 2551746
Black Mamba 19
+
+
Nice tell me if it stays like that because I have that armor and I haven't used it.

Great new sig and avy from Eternal_Rage! Holy crap it's finally coming, MASS EFFECT 2.

Animefreak Posted at: 20:41 Feb20 2009 Post ID: 2552098
Animefreak
The Doctor
Post Likes: 3
+
+
My favorite one would be the Sheriff's Duster and Sheriff's Hat. Those combined with the .32 Pistol, I'm a hero from years past.

The one I use most is the Medic Power Armor though, snappy comments during an epic battle? What could be better.
Yes.
JBraz3 Posted at: 22:10 Feb20 2009 Post ID: 2552273
JBraz3
+
+
Yea, it's still the same. If it helps, it may be the way you finish Operation Anchorage. I did it by getting the Chinese General to surrender after which he stabs himself. My friend finished it the way I did and his doesn't degrade either.
Black Mamba 19 Posted at: 20:16 Feb22 2009 Post ID: 2554463
Black Mamba 19
+
+
If that is it then I will be mad. I killed him.

imaloony8.0 Posted at: 20:53 Feb22 2009 Post ID: 2554499
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
I say that it's best to use the Ranger Battle Armor. Better Small Guns, Luck, almost as much DR as normal power armor without the Agility loss, and it's a lot lighter than power armor. It's either Ranger Battle Armor, or the T-51b Power Armor.

BrotherOfSteel44 Posted at: 19:57 Feb24 2009 Post ID: 2556175
BrotherOfSteel44
+
+
I seem to change my mind a lot... My new favorite armor is probably the Talon Company combat armor. The Rivet City combat armor is pretty sweet too, it's just I can't do that trick where you push the gate guard off the ledge (and kill him/her). The only time they stop leaning on the wall is at like 2 in the morning.

"Humankind never forgives true greatness."
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 21:24 Feb28 2009 Post ID: 2559682
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
I finally got full Ranger Battle Armor (Ranger Battle Armor + Ranger Battle Helmet) with my Ghoul Mask, and it works pretty well. Around 48 DR total, not counting my perks. (Probably another 20 or 25 with those)

CyberneticMooninite Posted at: 21:27 Feb28 2009 Post ID: 2559691
CyberneticMooninite
Post Likes: 1
+
+
Where do you get the helmet and you can wear the mask and a helmet?
Meh.
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 21:41 Feb28 2009 Post ID: 2559716
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
There's only one Ranger Battle Helmet in the game, and it's like 1 point better than a normal Combat Helmet (Seems more durable tho). It's worn by Donovan, and there are a few ways to get it from him.

- Let him die during the quest "Riley's Rangers". Loot it off his body.
- Kill him and loot it off his body.
- (This is the only way to keep him alive and get it) Reverse-Pickpocket a hat with better condition than his helmet (Around 75-80 will normally do, as it got damaged during the quest). then, leave the base and when you come back in, he'll be wearing the hat you gave him and the Battle Helmet will be in his inventory. Then, pickpocket the Ranger Battle Helmet off of him.
- As part of a Random Event, Donovan will ocasionally show up somewhere to give you a Mini Nuke. Sometimes he's found dead, or you can just kill him and take the helmet.

And you can wear the Ghoul Mask with hats, as it's considered an item worn on the FACE rather than the head.

« Last edited by imaloony8.0 on Feb 28th 2009 »

CyberneticMooninite Posted at: 21:50 Feb28 2009 Post ID: 2559749
CyberneticMooninite
Post Likes: 1
+
+
Hmmm very interesting since I can't pick-pocket in the first place so looks like I'll have to kill him :B

The only way to get the Mask is to side with the Ghouls at Tenpenny Towers, correct?
Meh.
Sir Knight Posted at: 21:55 Feb28 2009 Post ID: 2559762
Sir Knight
+
+
That would be correct. It's very useful as Feral Ghouls won't attack you while you're wearing it.
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 22:03 Feb28 2009 Post ID: 2559779
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
Yeah, it's really useful for hunting down Lincoln's Artifacts in the Museum of history, as those Ghouls are a pain.

You can side with them in two ways, both of which ends up with everyone at Tenpenny Tower dead.

I prefer letting the Ghouls in the peaceful way, as only one Feral is let into the Tower that way, and it's a place you normally don't go anyways. I like to loot all the stores once the quest is over, and the Feral Ghouls make it a little uncomfortable to do it around.
Besides, Shakes is still a nice shop afterwards, as you can hack his computer to get discounts.

BrotherOfSteel44 Posted at: 12:14 Mar01 2009 Post ID: 2560177
BrotherOfSteel44
+
+
How do you do that quest the peaceful way? I can never get everyone to agree with letting in the ghouls.

Anyways, on my face I usually wear the Tortiseshell glasses you get from killing Mr. Burke, and I wear the Talon Company Combat Armor.

"Humankind never forgives true greatness."
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 12:31 Mar01 2009 Post ID: 2560258
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
You need to win every speech check against those five residents. If you mess any of them up, you have to kill the person you messed up on. There are a few other ways to get some of them to leave, but it's simple to kill them or do a speech check (Just save before every conversation...)

JBraz3 Posted at: 18:44 Mar01 2009 Post ID: 2560853
JBraz3
+
+
Ok, I finished Operation Anchorage on my other two accounts with the speech challenge and the armor still doesn't degrade so I guess that is how it works. And I'v always beenafan of power armor just cuz I don't usually wear other armors because their stats and DR tend to lack.
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 18:54 Mar01 2009 Post ID: 2560862
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
Actually, that's untrue. The Ranger Battle Armor is only 1 DR lower than normal Power Armor, and without the Agility loss, and less weight. That, and it also gives you a boost to Luck and Small Guns.

I also came across a very interesting piece of clothing: the Vault 77 Jumpsuit.

« Last edited by imaloony8.0 on Mar 1st 2009 »

Displaying Page 2 of 6

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close