Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Red

Missingno...What is it?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 7 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Previous
Aeshma Posted at: 23:46 Apr17 2006 Post ID: 791990
Aeshma
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 8
+
+
Then it's your duty to keep this clean and prevent that.

I also have notice that there is some tension between you and yossy666 now and then...if you two can't work together, then we will have to do something about that.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
yossy666 Posted at: 04:02 Apr22 2006 Post ID: 798064
yossy666
Post Likes: 0
+
+
the tension isnt here anymore aeshma, it used to be. but not anymore.
i wanna live like james dean, i wanna die a superstar.
---
yossy666 | Komodo | Aaden Foli | 02 Dissociative. | yossy666
pikachu101 Posted at: 14:19 Apr22 2006 Post ID: 798889
pikachu101
Forum GuestBanned
Post Likes: 1
+
+
the tenision is also done because I'm demoted.
BrEaK_cOmPaNy Posted at: 03:47 Aug08 2006 Post ID: 974173
BrEaK_cOmPaNy
+
+
its juss a bug in the game but they took him out on yellow ver.
wutever the point is that his name says it missingno

missing-n�

a missing numbre
]

kill him is the only reason that i exist
missingno3 Posted at: 11:36 Aug23 2006 Post ID: 1005469
missingno3
+
+
well it really is the sole core of all nintendo games i had a site on it but well its been deleted
I don't come on SC much these days. It was my first forum, and it will always have a special place in my heart! All the old posts I made before I comprehended English make me smile Smile

Steam:
Cronus Posted at: 23:57 Aug26 2006 Post ID: 1012926
Cronus
Forum GuestMember
+
+
one of my pen pals is japanese. his dad works at nintendo.
missingno is a purposeful data implantation designed for the game testers benefit... "M" on the other hand is a virus created from the missingno program that protected it from deletion, the virus implanter was fired 2 weeks after the games release
Cronus Posted at: 00:01 Aug27 2006 Post ID: 1012931
Cronus
Forum GuestMember
+
+
oh and to BrEaK_cOmPaNy, it is on vellow just it can be accessed from the mew-bridge cheat... sorry but i'm very particular
Cronus Posted at: 01:00 Aug27 2006 Post ID: 1012989
Cronus
Forum GuestMember
+
+
hey i just heard something wierd. and i tried it to... the data in the hall of fame when you catch "M" is actually programming code. it is the code for the pokemon league!!!
missingno3 Posted at: 22:49 Aug27 2006 Post ID: 1015204
missingno3
+
+
dude triple postings illeagel dont double post
I don't come on SC much these days. It was my first forum, and it will always have a special place in my heart! All the old posts I made before I comprehended English make me smile Smile

Steam:
Scorponis Posted at: 21:39 Sep10 2006 Post ID: 1039347
Scorponis
+
+
Warning: Long Post Ahead

Missingno is nothing more than a placeholder Pokemon for those values in the Hex code in which no other Pokemon appear. Unlike 'M(aka M Block, Mysterio), Missingno doesn't do major damage to your game. It pretty much just screws up your Hall of Fame and can scramble your graphics a bit, but the graphics tend to work themselves out if you go, say, into the Cinnabar Pokemon Center. As for the evolution, I'm not sure if MISSINGNO evolves into a Kangaskan, but I DO know that 'M does if the level 0 version gets experience. However, if you store Missingno in your PC for a period of time(recommended while the game is off, though I don't believe it's a requirement), it will turn into a Rhydon because that's the first Pokemon on the roster with a number of 001 since it was the first Pokemon ever made on the game, though this is based off of the bit roster, not Pokemon list. However, even if it turns into a Kangaskan, Rhydon, etc., most of the time you will not be able to trade it to a G/S/C game because it will appear as "abnormal" to the more advanced games, especially if it still knows two water guns.

I've heard theories that Missingno is a remnant of Mew being removed from the game(and perhaps Marril and Lugia fall under this category), but this is NOT the case as Mew hasn't been removed from the game, it's just not programmed to appear as a wild Pokemon. Missingno is merely a glitch that happens to fill part of the extra 105 bit slots that aren't taken up after putting in 151 Pokemon. Also, have you ever looked upon a caught Missingno's stats and noticed it's a Normal/Bird type? A theory I've heard is that this was how most of the Flying types were labeled in the original translation. Since Missingno wasn't supposed to be caught, they didn't bother changing its old type.

Why does Missingo appear then? When you talk to the Old Man with the coffee in Viridian, the game must store your character's information somewhere because you are suddenly replaced with "Old Man." In order to do this, your character's info is stored in one of the bit slots that is used for finding Pokemon. And why is it that only the East side of Cinnabar Island and one of the strips at Seafoam Island are able to make Pokemon appear there that aren't supposed to? They were programmed to let Pokemon appear, but didn't specify WHICH Pokemon. Because of this, Pokemon from the last area you visited appear. Yay for being able to catch Safari Zone Pokemon without those annoying bait, rock, and catch options! Now, the reason why Missingno will appear is because while there are no Pokemon in Viridian City itself, something went into the game's memory under the Pokemon slot...the character! If you take the time to really study, Missingno actually has several pixels from the character making up its glitchy form. Hence why Missingno appears there and why its appearance is the way it is(unless you're able to find one of the fossil Missingno and/or the ghost one).

And why does Missingno, 'M, and those super-high level regular Pokemon appear at different levels? That is based on the name you choose. Unknown to you, there are actually 11 characters that make up those default names you can choose from. This is done by combining three different names with underscores for each name. When you choose a custom name, there is an "End Name" slot at the end that has a Hex value of 80. (For those of you who don't know Hex, don't worry because I'm not a big expert myself. I only know a bit about it from research on the Missingno mystery.) Because of this, you will always find at least the glitchy, pixally Missingno and it will always have an option of being at level 80. Because I can't post websites on here, I can't send the Hex List that tells you how to determine which Pokemon at what levels appear with your name, but you can contact me if you have questions at either my email, or at MstrHarperofPern for AIM.

This is all I can think of telling for now, but I think it's already more than you wanted to know. XD I hope this helps clarify some details. I've looked through many resources including experiments with Missingno, 'M, and other glitches by people and things written by hackers, and I've done my own experiments.

Oh, and I agree with Cronus on the idea that 'M is probably a virus made from the Missingno code. That would explain why it harms the game much more than Missingno does and why it does a partial "junk" save whenever you run into it(this becomes obvious when playing it on Pokemon Stadium). Perhaps that's what the other glitches are, then.

I'm not sure if it's against the rules to make the same post in two different forums, but I put the above information into a Pokemon Blue forum about Missingno., then noticed how it pretty much fit for this discussion as well.

I am training to be a Glitch Master, baby!
Scorponis Posted at: 21:44 Sep10 2006 Post ID: 1039352
Scorponis
+
+
On 19-Aug-2005 DigDug Dude said:Thanks! I think GB 'M GB can't be traded. Since it has the " ' " in it, that means it might belong to someone, since a ' means possesion.

BTW- I need the hex/decimal list. Anyone have it?
If you email me at [email protected] or IM me at MstrHarperofPern, I can send you a Hex list and the list of moves that Missingno/'M know.

Edit: Oops...I didn't mean to double post...I thought this would go right after the post I was replying to...>.< Sorry.

« Last edited by Scorponis on Sep 10th 2006 »

I am training to be a Glitch Master, baby!
parrotboy Posted at: 18:38 Dec25 2006 Post ID: 1240691
parrotboy
+
+
cronus, do not triple post.
This world is full of people trying to copy the people who try to copy them.

Be individual!

http://member.mibba.com/9856/
timmy123 Posted at: 15:30 Mar14 2007 Post ID: 1435737
timmy123
Forum GuestMember
+
+
My thought on missingno. is that he was part of the games programming as he has forms which are solid 'unglitched objects' these forms are just missingnos with clearer coding.
on the whole missingno was a useful item for the programmers after used was probably thought to have been removed from the game entirely. so the first way to find it is the ditto trick (where you can catch almost any pokemon including glitch pokemon, this is a useful item and it probably meant that the programmers could encounter any pokemon any timewhich could be very useful. the reason missingno and his glitch friends appear is because some of the numbers were not set correctly in the ditto trick, i mean who expected anyone to find it.
with the cinnibar island trick is simple, the squares to the right of cinnibar are all blank and take whichever area code you visited last almost enough to stop you encountering missingno and 'm' but with the old man who catches a pokemon, now this code is reset and all the game can do is use the letters from your name to create an encounter code which will cause you to encounter certain pokemon depending on your name but there are not enough letters in your name to create an encounter code so it uses random sometimes glitched objects in the games code to make the rest of the encounter code that is why when you clone your items via missingno trick you see glitch images using a square of your pokemons data or the image in front of you data, yet missingno appears as just a load of glitches combined with the glitched encounter code creates the pokemon we call missingno the only reason he has a real name is bacause the game is still trying to name the pokemon you encounter 'm' however is a different story...

THANKS FOR READING. small print: this is information that i read combined with some of my thoughts.

« Last edited by timmy123 on Mar 14th 2007 »
I am spartan T93.
action replay owner and maybe giveawayer of pokemon if you ask nicely. no i dont pokesav. but i can get you some good shinies!
jord-t Posted at: 14:32 Oct24 2007 Post ID: 1967792
jord-t
+
+
Its a programming eror :P it doesnt do anything good really

Displaying Page 7 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close