Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon White

What do you think about it?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 5 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous
Shattered_Omen Posted at: 09:59 Feb11 2011 Post ID: 2963342
Shattered_Omen
Post Likes: 0
+
+
kimmy456 said:yes but the question still is how can they improve it, since the goal might be to top it, might pose a little of a challenge for them.

In my opinion they can keep improving Pokemon so long as they keep trying to improve the wi-fi modes. They have already said that there is going to be a new wi-fi battle mode where you can battle random people. There is also going to be a random trading center where you can trade with people around the world by talking to them through the mic and agreeing on a reasonable trade. Those additions along with the improved graphics and 157 new Pokemon make this game a much more improved game over the other Pokemon games.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Glaceon Posted at: 20:00 Feb11 2011 Post ID: 2963502
Glaceon
Tempus fugit
Post Likes: 21
+
+
They can keep throwing out new wi-fi game modes and graphics, but enriching the plot with a better or different storyline would be much better.
~Keep Moving Forward~

Click to go to my new TLG&W site
Sig by Shay

E-mail/IM me at trekky4ever(at)rocketmail(dot)com
Shattered_Omen Posted at: 20:48 Feb11 2011 Post ID: 2963514
Shattered_Omen
+
+
Glaceon said:They can keep throwing out new wi-fi game modes and graphics, but enriching the plot with a better or different storyline would be much better.

I agree that improving the plot would make the game better, however I do not agree that the makers of this game should take improving the plot more serious then improving the wi-fi system. It all depends on what type of gamer you are, I like Pokemon mainly because it's fun to create teams and battle them in a ou competitive environment. I also enjoy collecting rare Pokemon such as legit events and shiny's, and lastly I enjoy the story mode and playing through the plot. Pokemon for me is mainly centered around forming teams and battling with them, but I can see where a casual gamer buys the game simply for the story. Although even the casual gamer needs to recognize that Pokemon has a lot more depth then a simple storyline, and it is that depth that has made the franchise so popular.
sphynxx Posted at: 00:28 Feb12 2011 Post ID: 2963550
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
+
Random post!

^The main demographic for pokemon is younger teens, even pre-teens. In saying that, whilst Wi-Fi is becoming more & more common, it still isn't necessarily common-place for younger gamers to access. Whether that means having the capable internet connection or being allowed to use it.

The main focus for pokemon has always been about the story lines. However they have done little to progress the stories beyond a very linear schematic over the past 4 generations.

Yes the Wi-Fi is becoming a popular option, but once the Pokemon Company & Ninentdo detract from the main purpose of the game, the franchise will turn into something similar to the Call of Duty franchise. Which started out heavily story based, and now barely has 3 hours of game time for story & everything is about online. Which is fine - because the target demographic is old enough for that purpose. Pokemons target demo is not however.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
Shattered_Omen Posted at: 14:38 Feb12 2011 Post ID: 2963696
Shattered_Omen
+
+
sphynxx said:Random post!

^The main demographic for pokemon is younger teens, even pre-teens. In saying that, whilst Wi-Fi is becoming more & more common, it still isn't necessarily common-place for younger gamers to access. Whether that means having the capable internet connection or being allowed to use it.

The main focus for pokemon has always been about the story lines. However they have done little to progress the stories beyond a very linear schematic over the past 4 generations.

Yes the Wi-Fi is becoming a popular option, but once the Pokemon Company & Ninentdo detract from the main purpose of the game, the franchise will turn into something similar to the Call of Duty franchise. Which started out heavily story based, and now barely has 3 hours of game time for story & everything is about online. Which is fine - because the target demographic is old enough for that purpose. Pokemons target demo is not however.

Actually the sales numbers alone point to the depth of the game. The reason why Pokemon games are the most popular games for the DS isn't because people enjoy picking a starter Pokemon, beating the gyms, and finally beating the elite four. It is popular because of the fun that comes with battling and trading. Listen, you may not find a 10 year old kid on the marriland forums looking for a competitive battle, but you will find that 10 year old kid talking to people he knows about how good his team. As delusional that kid might be, he still thinks he's the best. He may not understand EV's or how to build a team that counters the current meta-game, but he still thinks he's the best, and the biggest reason he bought Pokemon was to form a team that he enjoyed playing with so that he could beat his friends.

My main point is that Pokemon diamond and pearl sold over 18 million copies, not because it has a better storyline then Zelda or Chrono Trigger, but mainly because of the fun people have in building a team, battling and trading.

« Last edited by Shattered_Omen on Feb 12th 2011 »
kimmy456 Posted at: 15:53 Feb16 2011 Post ID: 2964626
kimmy456
+
+
Hey its good that the wi-fi is expanding it might make the game more fun when you connect to others to compete in games and other things like that. Especially if they keep expanding the Wi-fi games.
Glaceon Posted at: 18:09 Feb16 2011 Post ID: 2964694
Glaceon
Tempus fugit
+
+
It'd be even more awesome if they made wi-fi for future Pokemon games real time rather than just downloading data, like wi-fi for the Battle Tower just uses AI versions of other people's Pokemon they downloaded.
~Keep Moving Forward~

Sig by Shay

kimmy456 Posted at: 20:49 Feb16 2011 Post ID: 2964785
kimmy456
+
+
is that possible to do downloaded stuff onto wi-fi, cause that would make everything a little more interesting.
Glaceon Posted at: 14:06 Feb17 2011 Post ID: 2964999
Glaceon
Tempus fugit
+
+
Well yea, like for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, for instance, you can send your team for others to download and battle their AI varients.
~Keep Moving Forward~

Sig by Shay

kimmy456 Posted at: 18:53 Feb17 2011 Post ID: 2965098
kimmy456
+
+
well ya but you can already do that with wi-fi activities, but it might be nice to expand on that idea.
Glaceon Posted at: 15:31 Feb18 2011 Post ID: 2965437
Glaceon
Tempus fugit
+
+
Hopefully they'll make more real-time wi-fi activities.
~Keep Moving Forward~

Sig by Shay

kimmy456 Posted at: 08:41 Mar02 2011 Post ID: 2969585
kimmy456
+
+
more real time, they keep adding features to the game along with the wi-fi how more real time can you get from there?
EpicApocalypse07 Posted at: 16:51 Mar18 2011 Post ID: 2976544
EpicApocalypse07
+
+
@Kimmy

They could introduce festivals - WORLD festivals, like Christmas on the 25th December, and somebody (mom) could give you a special present...Like a super rare Poke or a master ball.

Also, with regards to a 3rd installment for 5th gen, Kyruem will be on the front cover - they did that with all the others. They'll probably try and improve Team Plasma, but what I think would be cool would be to add a feature where, as the champion, you could accept a challenger... Now how cool would that be?
Displaying Page 5 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close