Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition

Help me With this Chaos Realm *glitch city, chaos city, Wierd but cool messed up zone*

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 9 of 10
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 7 | 8 | 9 | Last     Previous | Next
Blue Angel Posted at: 12:54 Jun18 2006 Post ID: 873949
Blue Angel
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Well............. If you go to Pallet town instead of Cinnabar then you'll have a different glitch city........
If you would like to join my new team (Team G3) for realflight G3 R/C flight simulator. email me at [email protected] and i'll add you to here.
Blue God Posted at: 16:57 Jun19 2006 Post ID: 875633
Blue God
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Lol, I dont know if that'll work but I guess I'll try it.
[color=blue][size=13]Trunks OWNZ ALL!

G MASTER Posted at: 18:32 Sep18 2006 Post ID: 1050790
G MASTER
+
+
It's been three months since anyone posted here as of tomorrow(not counting mine). Wake up guys.

I'll be here when someone else decides to join this now lifeless form.
To future mods:
Please don't close this form just yet.

« Last edited by G MASTER on Sep 24th 2006 »
Are you satisfied? Or do I have to beat the c*** outta you too?
EmoGoth Posted at: 21:22 Nov01 2006 Post ID: 1122176
EmoGoth
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Sorry I havn't posted in well forever. Life is kinda grr so I dont have much time to play on my gameboy. I have however found out more about video game programing (through my awesome cool zelda 64 cart). Someone pointed out that the numbers in Chaos Realm should be just ones and zeros because of binary programming (the language of computers) well video games do go off of binary but they are summed up into hexidemal code which consists of number 0-9 and letters A-F (so if they were to be placed with random spurts of programming than it woul be in hexidemal code although once game is loaded they would form into what ever the binary and hexidemal mix as and thus form what we all know and love, Chaos Realm). Game Sharks (as you might have noticed) go off of hexidemal code. Thats basically how you muss up the game. If someone was an expert hacker and programmer, for example) one might be able to make link from zelda 64 look like super monkey ball (but it'd be fairly expensive if you didnt have the right equipment and probably not worth the time or possible damage it could do to ones game). Well I've gotten a bit off topic but I'm really impressed as to how far people have come along. I started this Topic in dec 2004 and its still going. We've probably left most of the actually information in the past year but its crazy that we're still talking about it. Its interesting what Blue Angel posted on page 8 May 27th 2006 (and I'll forgive you for calling it Glitch City because Chaos Realm is so much better). That sounds like a very reasonable assumption and I'm sure the person had gotten it from a credible source. I'm gonna work off of that and if thats the actually way to getting to the alleged "9th Gym of Chaos Realm" than we should probably close this forum. After all the only reason I started this topic was to find an actual path to the gym.

Thanks everyone

EmoGoth
drewdrewrocks Posted at: 21:05 Nov09 2006 Post ID: 1137364
drewdrewrocks
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 27-May-2006 Blue Angel said:Ok i'm gonna give you some facts about glitch city

The reason that if you go too far to the right, left, or touch the barricade your game crashes is because Glitch city is a whole new dimension in the game. It is a city triggered by patterns you make. The game will crash because on the map you are headed for cinabar but you are actually in a giant glitch. The creators wanted to make a map for the city and the city itself but reached the deadline and had to ship out the prototype to be copied and sent out to people across the world. so it is like playing a mini pokemon game. It was also researched by pokemon red and blue owners (also applies to yellow) that over accesing Glitch City will corrupt your file and all the pokemon you have caught. rendering your file useless........ It is said that Glitch city as made because your actions at the safari zone put the player in two places at once. When you entered glitch city you entered a town Created by the game trying to add two maps at once and created a new city called glitch city not located on your regular map. If you go to other places before Glitch city is created then you will have a different glitch city or you will just appear somewhere else(I.E if you go to lavender instead then you will leave the safari zone and exit the pokemon center in lavender town). It is proven that Glitch City will have many pixel arrangements that are found in the area that one explored prior to access of it. As an example, If you go to let's say Saffron, then Saffron's pixel arrangements will be in the new Glitch City
Hope i cleared anything up.

Sincerely, Blue Angel
Hey haven't posted for a while.....
Yes, I agree. But I think the city itself is a result of either
A: One city laid on another (Most likely Fuschia City on Viridian City, looks like it to me anyway) or
B: Random bits of info being spurted in randomness, which is what the creator of this forum said. But apparently, the "randomness" is for all games, the same all the time.... which means that everybody's Glich City is the same, so I'm guessing it isn't this one.
Oh and by the way, if you are doing the Glitch City trick and you are surfing, then you will always end up in Glitch City, the same way as you would if you were surfing in Cinnabar. I have tried this with numerous places.
One more thing: I will be using a rom because I can't find the actual game. I have learned that roms are missing a couple things/add a few things to the game, so if it doesn't work for you just tell me.
Ok, I have just started. The game should not take more than a couple days to complete. (I am completing so that I know I am not missing anything. Plus, I will have stronger pokemon for what is in Glitch City.)
I have also learned that Glitch City will be different no matter where you are. For example, if you are on the bike path when the PA goes off, you will go somewhere different than if you had been surfing. This result in a Glitch City in where everything is as it seems to be, except the game thinks your on cycling road, so, you keep moving downward (you won't get stuck though). You don't need a bike, but, because of the fact that the game thinks you are on cycling road, you cannot surf. For those of you who have a gameshark I recommend you turn on the walk through walls code and search the grounds. If you go all the way down, you can see a "building" that has the word GYM written all across it, no line breaks or pixel breaks. May that is it? I cannot be sure because I don't have a gameshark. Perhaps if you use the walk through walls code you can access it, but that would mean that there should be some other way. Unnknown Dungeon? Nope, you come out of the bike shop. Maybe you can't access it through a cave....
As for Pallet Town, you get stuck the second you're in.
So far, I have found out that as long as you are surfing, you will end up in the same place as you would have.
Maybe you could try lettting the PA go off @ Seafoam Islands?
Never mind about that, just tried it. If you are surfing, in Seafoam Islands, or on Cinnabar Island when the PA goes off, the game thinks you are between Cinnabar and Seafoam Islands. Maybe Pokemon Tower (the one where you can catch Gastly)? Ugh, doesn't work! You come out of a house!!!

« Last edited by drewdrewrocks on Nov 10th 2006 »
RAWR! Who's the Boogie Monster NOW!!! MUHAHAHA
EmoGoth Posted at: 23:06 Nov15 2006 Post ID: 1149150
EmoGoth
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Is there anyone still interested or even finding anything? Well I'd like to ask the mods to decide whether or not this forum is still being useful. Maybe it could be reopened later if other people are still finding information. In my opinion we've figured out the basics so we can still try if we read it.
drewdrewrocks Posted at: 19:51 Nov17 2006 Post ID: 1152142
drewdrewrocks
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I'm still interested in it. Other forums are open that are interested, we want to keep this going. Lots of people have questions about this.
EmoGoth Posted at: 15:56 Nov18 2006 Post ID: 1153944
EmoGoth
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I guess. No one really posts anymore. I know I've not found anything yet. I figure its just random for each game so some can find it easier than other or even not at all. Of course if the map over another map theory is correct than I think that would solve the case. Just remember we're trying to find a fool proof way to the gym. If we're trying to find out all of the secrets of Chaos Realm I'd suggest we use a different forum.
drewdrewrocks Posted at: 20:18 Nov21 2006 Post ID: 1160423
drewdrewrocks
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Yes. But many other people have been posting questions. I guess the mods can close it. If we find any new info, can we make a new forum posting, with the information? It isn't random for every game; I've tried it out. If you are in the same place in all the games, Glitch City is the same. I have played Blue, Red, and Yellow, it's all the same. Perhaps you do need a gameshark though... once an emulator comes out (that I can play on my PC, I'm too lazy to buy the actual game shark) that has a gameshark on it, I will play with the gameshark, see if it works. However, some have said that if you cross a barrier you fight him. But it hasn't worked for me, since it's a slim chance (I don't really believe them...)
G MASTER Posted at: 22:57 Nov21 2006 Post ID: 1160734
G MASTER
+
+
And out of the blue...EmoGoth and drewdrewrocks appear.
Anyway, I've come to believe that Glitch city was going to be one of the four Islands Ash went to after the first season of pokemon; but was either deleted because they wern't that far by the time they hit the deadline, or they wanted to add something else that was related to a city Ash came across that isn't in the game but failed to remove it completely, and didn't realize it until after they sold them all, or mabe bouth.
This thought came around on Oct 30th but I honestly thought someone would've closed this topic by now.
From here we should start recording what we do in the Chaos Realm and do one thing diferent each time. That way, if we do stumble into the 9th Gym, we mite have something better to go off of and give others a chance to add on from there. That just mite work.

Off Topic:
This topic was started by EmoGoth on the 28th of December in 2004. In a month and six days(or so), it will have been active for two years. That's something to look foward to.
Machamp_Poons Posted at: 22:38 Dec23 2006 Post ID: 1237790
Machamp_Poons
Forum GuestMember
+
+
i barely got Chaos Relam but i cant go anywhere? why is that?
All about Mew...the single most strongest pokemon ever!....And if any1 knows the mewthree,pikablue,blastoise lv:0 trick plz contact me!
G MASTER Posted at: 19:27 Dec25 2006 Post ID: 1240794
G MASTER
+
+
several places in the Chaos Realm will change. you can see this buy pressing the start button. it's possible you just moved into water.
Machamp_Poons Posted at: 17:41 Dec28 2006 Post ID: 1247715
Machamp_Poons
Forum GuestMember
+
+
The best glitch city is vermilion city u can surf for eva and go to a cave i think cause everytime i go the game freezes
All about Mew...the single most strongest pokemon ever!....And if any1 knows the mewthree,pikablue,blastoise lv:0 trick plz contact me!
drewdrewrocks Posted at: 21:42 Dec29 2006 Post ID: 1251816
drewdrewrocks
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 28-Dec-2006 Machamp_Poons said:The best glitch city is vermilion city u can surf for eva and go to a cave i think cause everytime i go the game freezes
Wait..... there's a cave you can go in? Hmm... might be it because sometimes when you encounter MissingNo the game stuffs up. Either that or the cave is some sort of barrier...
drewdrewrocks Posted at: 23:04 Dec29 2006 Post ID: 1251964
drewdrewrocks
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 23-Dec-2006 Machamp_Poons said:i barely got Chaos Relam but i cant go anywhere? why is that?
Well where did the PA go off?

By the way people my data got erased. It'll take a day or two to get everything into shape.
G MASTER Posted at: 16:42 Dec31 2006 Post ID: 1257213
G MASTER
+
+
Machamp_Poons: I didn't know there was a cave in glitch vermilion city. I should look into this.

drewdrewrocks: That's rough. Goes to show how dangerous glitch city really is.
drewdrewrocks Posted at: 23:30 Dec31 2006 Post ID: 1259056
drewdrewrocks
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 31-Dec-2006 G MASTER said:Machamp_Poons: I didn't know there was a cave in glitch vermilion city. I should look into this.

drewdrewrocks: That's rough. Goes to show how dangerous glitch city really is.
Well I was using a ROM file actually. I'll check out the cave too.
EDIT
I tried going to Vermillion City for Glitch City, and came out of a house. Oh guys I found something really strange. You know that route that is between Fushcia and Lavander (The one where its a winding maze? I tried that (Yes, you have enough steps. I got into Glitch City and my sprite wasn't there. I pushed a button on the D-Pad (don't remember) and arrived at the Saffron Gym. When I exited, I went to another Glitch City. You can't walk around much though, but I think the first Glitch City is interesting. Try going to the winding route and pushing a different D button each time and see if it leads anywhere.
In order for Glitch City to work, you must either be in Pallet Town, Surfing, or far away from any buildings that you can enter. If you don't you will come out in the town out of one of the buildings. I don't think any other town will work. Caves don't work either, don't try. Has anyone tried the Nugget Bridge?

« Last edited by drewdrewrocks on Dec 31st 2006 »
Blue God Posted at: 12:55 Jan02 2007 Post ID: 1263822
Blue God
Forum GuestMember
+
+
No, just keep the forum open. Just for awhile. I think I'm comin on a breakthrough with Chaos City!!
[color=blue][size=13]Trunks OWNZ ALL!

drewdrewrocks Posted at: 16:25 Jan02 2007 Post ID: 1264666
drewdrewrocks
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 02-Jan-2007 Blue God said:No, just keep the forum open. Just for awhile. I think I'm comin on a breakthrough with Chaos City!!
That's great! What have you come up with so far?
EDIT
As for my previous post, don't try the Nugget Bridge, the game stuffs up the second you're there. Seafoam Islands doesn't work as well as far as I know. But it's funny seeing as Seafoam Islands is the only place that doesn't have a Gym (with the exception of Lavander Town and Pallet Town. I've also heard that Seafoam Islands was supposed to be a Gym...) Pallet Town doesn't work, but has anyone tried south of Lavander Town? But has anybody tried the Underground Passages? It sounds strange but it might be.

« Last edited by drewdrewrocks on Jan 2nd 2007 »
drewdrewrocks Posted at: 16:39 Jan02 2007 Post ID: 1264703
drewdrewrocks
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 27-May-2006 Blue Angel said:Ok i'm gonna give you some facts about glitch city

The reason that if you go too far to the right, left, or touch the barricade your game crashes is because Glitch city is a whole new dimension in the game. It is a city triggered by patterns you make. The game will crash because on the map you are headed for cinabar but you are actually in a giant glitch. The creators wanted to make a map for the city and the city itself but reached the deadline and had to ship out the prototype to be copied and sent out to people across the world. so it is like playing a mini pokemon game. It was also researched by pokemon red and blue owners (also applies to yellow) that over accesing Glitch City will corrupt your file and all the pokemon you have caught. rendering your file useless........ It is said that Glitch city as made because your actions at the safari zone put the player in two places at once. When you entered glitch city you entered a town Created by the game trying to add two maps at once and created a new city called glitch city not located on your regular map. If you go to other places before Glitch city is created then you will have a different glitch city or you will just appear somewhere else(I.E if you go to lavender instead then you will leave the safari zone and exit the pokemon center in lavender town). It is proven that Glitch City will have many pixel arrangements that are found in the area that one explored prior to access of it. As an example, If you go to let's say Saffron, then Saffron's pixel arrangements will be in the new Glitch City
Hope i cleared anything up.

Sincerely, Blue Angel
This will be my second time to reply to this, but I think we've got something here... If Glitch City is just the pixel arrangments of the previous area visited, are you telling me if I walk around a Gym 500 steps I'll be in the right place?
Displaying Page 9 of 10
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 7 | 8 | 9 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 345498

Post Top
Click to close