Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

"official tier list" 2.0 posted

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
guy in oakland Posted at: 23:39 Jan10 2009 Post ID: 2517735
guy in oakland
Post Likes: 5
+
+
SS Tier
Meta Knight 15.00

S Tier
Snake 13.91

A Tier
Falco 13.03
King Dedede 12.94
Mr. Game & Watch 12.50
Marth 12.09
Diddy Kong 11.94

B Tier
Wario 11.47
R.O.B. 11.38
Lucario 10.94
Olimar 10.94

C Tier
Pikachu 10.34
Kirby 10.16
Donkey Kong 10.06
Ice Climbers 9.59

D Tier
Zero Suit Samus 8.88
Toon Link 8.47
Pit 8.44
Peach 8.16
Wolf 7.91

E Tier
Luigi 7.41
Zelda 7.03
Bowser 6.91
Fox 6.66
Sheik 6.44
Ike 5.91

F Tier
Mario 4.56
Lucas 4.50
Ness 4.50
Samus 4.41
Sonic 4.16
Pok�mon Trainer 3.94
Yoshi 3.66

G Tier
Link 2.28
Jigglypuff 2.03
Ganondorf 1.88
Captain Falcon 1.63

I agree with most positions except for captain falcon who needs a definite boost and so does toon link

PSN-intayaz

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Volke Posted at: 08:44 Jan11 2009 Post ID: 2517810
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
+
Damn, what did Captain Falcon do to get so bad? Although I haven't unlocked him yet.

Was this list created by the professionals? Like the Melee one was, I mean.
guy in oakland Posted at: 09:32 Jan11 2009 Post ID: 2517835
guy in oakland
+
+
"The list was created by the SBR-B after much heated discussion. For the votes, we had members place the characters in groups from 1 to 15 (15 being the highest) and took the average score for each character. The split was decided by looking at the gaps. As the person supervising it, I?d like to thank all SBR-B members who contributed."

captain falcon has no approach game so that's what really hurts his score overall,and if you're versing an opponent with a projectile he can absolutly murder CF

although i'm still shocked he is last because he did quite well in tourneys these past couple of months

PSN-intayaz

Volke Posted at: 07:06 Jan12 2009 Post ID: 2518537
Volke
Executioner
+
+
I don't know what the SBR-B is, but I'm fairly certain that not all of the members there are worthy to rate the characters. Although I can understand why Metaknight comes out on top though -he's damn good from what I've played of him.

Captain Falcon was one of the best in Melee. This game has changed a little in terms of combat, but the core is still the same. Is Captain Falcon the same as he was in Melee? Because most of the characters that were are almost, if not exactly, the same.
guy in oakland Posted at: 09:27 Jan12 2009 Post ID: 2518561
guy in oakland
+
+
his smashes with the exception of his down smash are very hard to land.his upsmash has some of the worst hir range in the game,and his side smash is too slow.so basically the only way falcon can kill is from the air but what makes things worse is his all powerful fair aka knee of justice is much harder to nail soit isn't a trusty finisher as it was in melee

CF is good under vetran player and if the stage is something like attlefield where platforms are present,but if he is in a match such as Final destination where there are no platforms in sight he is pretty much a dead man

PSN-intayaz

TestVirus101 Posted at: 17:51 Jan12 2009 Post ID: 2519091
TestVirus101
Ah crap he's finally dead
Post Likes: 35
+
+
On 12-Jan-2009 Volke said:I don't know what the SBR-B is, but I'm fairly certain that not all of the members there are worthy to rate the characters. Although I can understand why Metaknight comes out on top though -he's damn good from what I've played of him.

Captain Falcon was one of the best in Melee. This game has changed a little in terms of combat, but the core is still the same. Is Captain Falcon the same as he was in Melee? Because most of the characters that were are almost, if not exactly, the same.
A lot of what made him good is gone/changed/weakened. He is the worst character in the game by virtually unamious vote by the professional players of this game.

Nice to see Wario at the top of B tier too... half a point off A tier; seems about right.
guy in oakland Posted at: 16:52 Jan14 2009 Post ID: 2520768
guy in oakland
+
+
actually CF does quite well with professional players.his tourney results prove that.that's why I was shocked to still see him so low

PSN-intayaz

mini_mario Posted at: 17:36 Jan14 2009 Post ID: 2520803
mini_mario
Post Likes: 3
+
+
wow meta knight got the ss tier
well pretty obvious due to all the combos with his swords

avatar credit to Trainer Saphire
signature credit to Layne
guy in oakland Posted at: 20:52 Jan14 2009 Post ID: 2521260
guy in oakland
+
+
seriosly anyone who just knows how to mash buttons could master meta knight and his 5 mid air jumps just make it even easier.

« Last edited by guy in oakland on Jan 14th 2009 »

PSN-intayaz

King of Hell Posted at: 05:56 Jan16 2009 Post ID: 2522327
King of Hell
Post Likes: 2
+
+
I'm somewhat surprised to see Marth in the bottom of A Tier. Regardless, I'll browse through the list later. But C.Falcon is... well, may he rest in peace.

Volke Posted at: 11:55 Jan16 2009 Post ID: 2522439
Volke
Executioner
+
+
Marth is still pretty high up, which I'm happy about. He's very similar to what he was like in Melee, so I can use him with relative comfort. Meta Knight is ridiculously good, though. I'm also happy to see Falco so high up, as I preferred him to Fox in Melee and couldn't see why Fox was rated higher in the first place.

I can't see why Snake is S tier. He's good, but I wouldn't say he's excellent. Too much lag after landing.

I noticed the issue with Captain Falcon's Knee - nowhere near as good as it used to be. I still find it hard to believe he's the worst character in the game, though. Ganondorf as second worse seems odd too.
guy in oakland Posted at: 14:50 Jan16 2009 Post ID: 2522509
guy in oakland
+
+
snake has many reasons for being in a high tier position

for one he has the most broken tilts in this game.both his side and up tilt come out very fast and have the power of a smash attack.mortar sliding is a good way to get around the stage and trip your opponent.and his c4 give him his 3rd jump back so if he were about to die he can resort to that for recovery.also if you can manage to master his projectiles he can easily be the best character in this game

PSN-intayaz

mini_mario Posted at: 17:42 Jan16 2009 Post ID: 2522672
mini_mario
+
+
On 14-Jan-2009 guy in oakland said:seriosly anyone who just knows how to mash buttons could master meta knight and his 5 mid air jumps just make it even easier.
well thats true

Fusion_Blastoise Posted at: 06:40 Jan21 2009 Post ID: 2526938
Fusion_Blastoise
Post Likes: 0
+
+
This tier list is about right. Nice to see Oli get a massive teir boost.

It's a bit of a shame to see Zamaus still so low...

Ice Climbers should be above Kirby in my opinion but that's about it.

On the whole captain falcon issue:

With the exception of captain falcon's fair, all CF's moves were either buffed or left alone. The problem with CF is not his moves, rather the brawl gaming engine. CF game in Melee was mostly just "dash dance -> grab -> downthrow -> wavedash -> dash dance (repeat) With wavedashing being non existent in brawl and dash dancing being severly minimised, much of CF's advanced game has disappeared thus he is the worst character. As well as this, all of CF's moves suffer from low priorirty againts attacks and a lack of range.

Yes, Gannon is better then captain falcon, is dair has considerable manouverability (excuse my spelling) and his side B can lead into quite a good tech chasing game.

Snake is high up because of his insane tilts and his awesome dash attack cancel.

Meta Knight is banned at some of the tourney's now taking place just because of his sheer awesomeness.

By the way, the SBR-B (Smash Backroom Board) is a group of the most advanced Smash Players. Joining is strictly by invitation only and they only let tourney winners and those who've discovered advanced techniques or shown exceptional smash brother's prowess join. The SBR-B were the ones who were responsible for the melee tier list.

Credit to Ozzo for this firggin awesome sig!
Olimar rules on Brawl!

Brawl Details:
FC: 3180-5394-7053
Name: Fuse

Volke Posted at: 10:25 Jan21 2009 Post ID: 2527001
Volke
Executioner
+
+
I had a feeling that Meta Knight might be banned from tournaments.
Alone™ Posted at: 20:14 Feb18 2009 Post ID: 2549877
Alone™
+
+
I dont blame you, CF is pretty crappy.
Everything Changes
Better Man
yingyanguy Posted at: 15:44 Mar20 2009 Post ID: 2577304
yingyanguy
+
+
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not meta knight
but i don't know why sonic is so low
i played as sonic for a few days and he is permanently embetted in my records because i was so good with him
every record is soooo high
Black 2 FC: 0390-9311-9672 Name: Bertha
I am Sir Alexander, The Crystal Paladin of The Gemstone Order
The Colosseum. A Pokemon Team
mini_mario Posted at: 20:56 Mar20 2009 Post ID: 2577779
mini_mario
+
+
well at least he isn't that low

« Last edited by mini_mario on Mar 20th 2009 »

Green_Fire Posted at: 17:10 Mar28 2009 Post ID: 2584256
Green_Fire
+
+
Toon Link deserves C tier at the lowest.
C'mon, seriously! Ike at E tier? Ganondorf at the freaking F tier? What the heck? Ganondorf should be at least D tier, with his insane spike and useful Ftilts and specials. And, have these people even seen Jigglypuff's insane aerial game? No, I think not!

Toon Link definitely is better than Donkey Kong, maybe even Kirby. But, sometimes I think these "Smash Pros" don't realize the full potential of some characters. But I dunno, since I'm just a casual SSBB player. That's just me.

Signature by me
shadowmaster2 Posted at: 07:46 Mar29 2009 Post ID: 2584756
shadowmaster2
+
+
Sonic is good but hes harder to control. You can attack after you use your up+B move and you can continue to use the spring if it is on the ground.

Meta Knight is hands down the best person in my last tournament that I made with my friends, whoever had Meta Knight usually won(Meta Knight had a 3-1 record) I beat Meta Knight with Sonic somehow, my friend is horrible with Meta Knight and my other friend is a Kirby person.
I'm back.... ish...
I'm lazy and don't feel like changing the picture... so have fun... but....
SHOTS, SHOTS, SHOTS, SHOTS, SHOTS, SHOTS, SHOTS, SHOTS, SHOTS, EVERYBOOOOOOOOOOODAY!( from Shots by LMFAO)

this is bunny:
/)_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
copy and paste him into your signature
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close