Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Melee

Attention members

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
GamerJustinShiel Posted at: 16:06 Apr14 2005 Post ID: 130778
GamerJustinShiel
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I, and the rest of the mods are tired of having to keep closing threads, so I made a guide of what topics not to post:

1. No more AR threads, there are about 2 or 3 already.

2. We already have trophies, items, and stages covered.

3. No more fav character threads.

4. I may allow 1 thread per team, mods, any comments on that, a vote, or something?

5. Nothing off topic or advertising.

6. We already got a greatest achievements, so no more.

OK,thanks.

GJS
"It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power." -Shadow "I still remember what I promised you, for the people of this planet. I promise you, REVENGE!" -
No one knows Shadow better than me. Or likes him more either. Go ahead, try me.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Cez Posted at: 03:13 Apr16 2005 Post ID: 132247
Cez
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Jay, I'm going to assume you remember what happened when you kept making team threads. I deleted them. You may allow them if you want, but if I see them, they'll be gone before you can say 'pwned'. Teams are for the Teams & Clans board, not the SSBM forum. I don't give a damn what bleepman and the others are doing, that's how things are going to work. I would now like to add a few things to this already quite formidable list.

1. No double-posting. Anyone who double-posts will have the least relevant post deleted (or both if they're off topic).

2. Don't spam. Obvious, really, but I'm getting fed up of seeing people post something like 'Fox rules' in the Favourite Character threads, and leaving it at that. If you don;t have anything constructive to say, don't post.

3. No flaming. Not only will the offending post be reported, it will also be deleted, so you'll be in trouble and you'll have wasted your time by making the post.

4. Anyone who advertises their own site, or anyone else's site, in their posts will be pwned. Severely.

5. Locked threads stay locked, unless there's a perfectly good reason otherwise.

6. The mods' word is final. Anyone's got a problem with the way we operate, feel free to bring it up, but prepare to be humiliated and pwned.

7. Don't make a post purely for the purpose of discrediting another member. 'You're lying!' 'You're stupid for liking that character.' 'Randommember double-posted on page 5!' Any posts like that will be deleted.

8. Dpn't revive dead threads. A thread is taken as 'dead' when the last post was made a month or more previously. Leave them to rest, people. I'll only lock them if you revive them, so don't waste your time. If, however, there is a thread on our favourite characters, for example, and it's more than a month since the last post, you can make a new one.

I think that's enough to be going on with. These rules are to be taken as the law, and will be enforced strictly by the mods, or more specifically, by me. Stay within the rules, and you'll be fine.
10000 posts at last! w00t! Okay, I'm off into a quiet retirement. Don't bother me.
GamerJustinShiel Posted at: 09:52 Apr16 2005 Post ID: 132603
GamerJustinShiel
Forum GuestMember
+
+
That, was, interesting? But ok, I guess, anything we forgot, N_Dude, got anything you want to say?
"It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power." -Shadow "I still remember what I promised you, for the people of this planet. I promise you, REVENGE!" -
Cez Posted at: 10:11 Apr16 2005 Post ID: 132650
Cez
Forum GuestMember
+
+
What's interesting about it? All I did was point out a few things that are now illegal. Nothing weird about that.
10000 posts at last! w00t! Okay, I'm off into a quiet retirement. Don't bother me.
GamerJustinShiel Posted at: 10:15 Apr17 2005 Post ID: 133668
GamerJustinShiel
Forum GuestMember
+
+
No, not that, but it seemed one-sided. Was that fox rules thing me, because well that's just stating an opinion. I should have said starfox rules, it's more formal. And as for teams, I'll allow it, what you do is your business, and I'll respect that, so do what you want. I mean, I wouldn't let it get out of hand.
Cez Posted at: 13:42 Apr19 2005 Post ID: 135496
Cez
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I'm not saying you shouldn't give your opinion. Here's an example of what I mean.

Post 1: "Fox rules!!1!"

Post 2: "I think Fox is a good character. He's fast, and can perform good combos. His lasergun might be as much use as a paper toiletbrush, but his speed with close-range attacks more than makes up for that.

Post 1: n00bish, spammy, not really much use to the discussion.
Post 2: Well argued, highlights downsides to character as well as strengths.

The first post would, in all likelihood, be deleted. The second, however, is an example of a near-perfect post. Get it?
nintendo_dude Posted at: 10:54 Apr21 2005 Post ID: 137081
nintendo_dude
Post Likes: 1
+
+
I have a suggestion actually. Cez I do agree with disallowing people to revive dead topics but I think it would be much easier if we closed all the topics that have not been posted in for a month or longer. Closing the dead topics whilst they are dead will stop people from wasting our time and making us close them all the time. In fact I'll close all the unreplied in over a month threads right now.

I'm finished here...

Special thanks to Yossy666 for the avatar and signature images.
Cez Posted at: 14:15 Apr21 2005 Post ID: 137262
Cez
Forum GuestMember
+
+
You do that. Great idea, ND.
GamerJustinShiel Posted at: 17:01 Apr23 2005 Post ID: 139647
GamerJustinShiel
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Yeah, it is, and should we delete some of the closed topics, I mean what's the use of still having some of them.
nintendo_dude Posted at: 04:45 Apr24 2005 Post ID: 139989
nintendo_dude
+
+
No don't delete them. I don't want my post count to go down. Anyway I closed all those threads.

I'm finished here...

Cez Posted at: 05:24 Apr24 2005 Post ID: 140012
Cez
Forum GuestMember
+
+
No, we should keep the closed topics. For... future reference or something... Any completely spammy or pointless topics should be deleted, though.
GamerJustinShiel Posted at: 16:13 Apr24 2005 Post ID: 141059
GamerJustinShiel
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Exactly what I meant.
nintendo_dude Posted at: 10:33 Apr27 2005 Post ID: 143471
nintendo_dude
+
+
But none of them are spammy or pointless topics.

I'm finished here...

Cez Posted at: 13:03 Apr27 2005 Post ID: 143540
Cez
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Exactly. Dead threads should be closed, spamtastic ones should be deleted. Easy enough, isn't it?
GamerJustinShiel Posted at: 19:31 May05 2005 Post ID: 153214
GamerJustinShiel
Forum GuestMember
+
+
That's what I had in mind.
GamerJustinShiel Posted at: 14:53 May19 2005 Post ID: 167180
GamerJustinShiel
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Hey mods, I got a warning, if you see a team thread, don't close it, Rich has allowed a 1-thread-per-team on any forum, closing them might get our mod spots lost, Bronco11 lost his spot for some reason, that may be it.
Cez Posted at: 05:18 May20 2005 Post ID: 167890
Cez
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Not to undermine Rich's authority, but that's just stupid. We'll lose our mod spots for closing off-topic threads? How about moving them to Teams & Clans?
RJ Fighter Posted at: 05:24 May20 2005 Post ID: 167897
RJ Fighter
Super Mod Alumni
Post Likes: 5
+
+
On 19-May-2005 GamerJustinShiel said:Hey mods, I got a warning, if you see a team thread, don't close it, Rich has allowed a 1-thread-per-team on any forum, closing them might get our mod spots lost, Bronco11 lost his spot for some reason, that may be it.
Not to butt into your conversation, but Bronco couldn't close anything or delete anything on Emerald forums. So that couldn't have been a reason.
Bronco11 Posted at: 07:20 May20 2005 Post ID: 168033
Bronco11
+
+
On 16-Apr-2005 Cez said:Jay, I'm going to assume you remember what happened when you kept making team threads. I deleted them. You may allow them if you want, but if I see them, they'll be gone before you can say 'pwned'. Teams are for the Teams & Clans board, not the SSBM forum. I don't give a damn what bleepman and the others are doing, that's how things are going to work. I would now like to add a few things to this already quite formidable list.

1. No double-posting. Anyone who double-posts will have the least relevant post deleted (or both if they're off topic).

2. Don't spam. Obvious, really, but I'm getting fed up of seeing people post something like 'Fox rules' in the Favourite Character threads, and leaving it at that. If you don;t have anything constructive to say, don't post.

3. No flaming. Not only will the offending post be reported, it will also be deleted, so you'll be in trouble and you'll have wasted your time by making the post.

4. Anyone who advertises their own site, or anyone else's site, in their posts will be pwned. Severely.

5. Locked threads stay locked, unless there's a perfectly good reason otherwise.

6. The mods' word is final. Anyone's got a problem with the way we operate, feel free to bring it up, but prepare to be humiliated and pwned.

7. Don't make a post purely for the purpose of discrediting another member. 'You're lying!' 'You're stupid for liking that character.' 'Randommember double-posted on page 5!' Any posts like that will be deleted.

8. Dpn't revive dead threads. A thread is taken as 'dead' when the last post was made a month or more previously. Leave them to rest, people. I'll only lock them if you revive them, so don't waste your time. If, however, there is a thread on our favourite characters, for example, and it's more than a month since the last post, you can make a new one.

I think that's enough to be going on with. These rules are to be taken as the law, and will be enforced strictly by the mods, or more specifically, by me. Stay within the rules, and you'll be fine.
Those are good rules. Yeah I really am a moderator. They are fixing my abilities at the moment.
Cez Posted at: 07:24 May20 2005 Post ID: 168041
Cez
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Bronco, don't double-post in future, okay? It's illegal, under the first rule in the list you quoted earlier.
Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close