Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Keep the story going.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 46 of 66
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | ... | 64 | 65 | Last     Previous | Next
CrypticWizard Posted: 22:55 Mar03 2016 Post ID: 3403467
CrypticWizard
Most Cryptic Of All Wizards
Post Likes: 226
+
Sarah simply nodded. She had given up being surprised--there didn't seem to be much point to it any longer. As for Sarah's third test, she knew there was only one person that could stop the investigation and keep Blackclover 2020 a secret--she would have to contact Mark. He was retired now, but since he was her partner, they would certainly talk to him. Would he tell them what had happened that night?
I want my old avatar back...
I wonder if anyone will bother trying to read what this says.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 04:28 Mar04 2016 Post ID: 3403479
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
She called Eric at the station and asked whether he could find out Mark's details. Since he was in a generous mood, he complied, finding Sarah what she wanted. Sarah dialed the number of Mark's phone, but when she heard the voice on the other side of the phone, she was horrified.
"Hello Sarah, remember me, b1tch?"
"No...you didn't...", Sarah replied, playing a horrifying thought; one that turned out to be true, in her mind.
"Yes, you betrayed me Sarah. But so did Mark. So I had to kill one of you, and your daughter is just too cute to take a mother away from. So I found a way to kill two birds with one stone. No-one would suspect the disappearance and murder of Mark, & I could watch you suffer every day once you found out the news."
"I WILL FIND YOU PAIGE!", Sarah shrieked back at her through the phone.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Mar 4th 2016 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
CrypticWizard Posted: 12:03 Mar04 2016 Post ID: 3403513
CrypticWizard
+
But Paige had already hung up the phone. How would she find Paige? She has disappeared once, she could do it again. And the police did not even know of her existence, so she would not be a suspect in his murder. If she told them about Paige, then the whole truth of what happened the night of Blackclover 2020 would come out.
Megan, was still looking through the book. She was reading an interesting passage about an anime catgirl named Lucy.
Matt77 Posted: 20:43 Mar04 2016 Post ID: 3403537
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
"Uncle Jacob, why wasn't this girl Lucy part of the Dodecagon?", she asked.
"Sweetheart, she was part of it, deep down. Everyone who is part of it has their stories, friends, memories, and they shared them all. In actual fact, the Dodecagon actually consists of close to 3 dozen people.", he replied back. "The 12 names at the start of the book were the carriers."
Sarah knew she had to confess. But not to the police. If she told Jacob and this new Father Martin man, surely they would be able to help her.
"Oh dear me. Love, you're in a bit of a pickle", Father Martin replied after hearing her confession.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

CrypticWizard Posted: 12:17 Mar05 2016 Post ID: 3403563
CrypticWizard
+
"But I may have a solution," Jacob said. "This type of seniver portal has an added feature. In addition to linking two points in space, it can also link two points in time. You could go back to that night and do things differently."
"Jacob," Father Martin said, "you know the danger of messing with the past. Don't forget what happened to Rachel."
Jacob felt a pang of sadness at the mention of his former girlfriend. He didn't want that to happen again.
Matt77 Posted: 19:43 Mar05 2016 Post ID: 3403598
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
"Sarah, this scroll has everything you'll need to know about time travel. If you can't do it, that's ok, but right now it's your only op-" Sarah cut Jacob off.
"I knew you still loved her", Sarah began, wiping a tear. "I knew you wouldn't just let her go like that. Oh Jacob, what happened to her?"
"Read it", he replied back.
Sarah listened to his instruction and read it; aloud. (this post is going to be long, but only because of the scroll)
Spoiler:
click to reveal

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 16:30 Mar07 2016 Post ID: 3403787
CrypticWizard
+
"What will happen if my past self meets my present self?" Sarah asked.
"It doesn't work like that," said Father Martin. "When you go back in time, you will be the same person you were then. But be careful. Even the smallest thing can have drastic consequences."
"For example," Jacob said, "let's say you left a piece of broken glass on the floor in the current time line. Your sister steps on it and cuts her foot, so she gets taken to the emergency room, and while there, she meets a nice young intern, and they start dating and eventually get married, then they have a son who grows up to become a scientist who discovers a cure for cancer. But you go back in time and pick up that piece of glass--then none of that happens."
"So changing the past affects the present," Father Martin told her. "You must decide if what you intend to do is worth the risk."

« Last edited by CrypticWizard on Mar 8th 2016 »
Matt77 Posted: 06:32 Mar08 2016 Post ID: 3403834
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Sarah came to the conclusion that in order to get a better understanding of whether she should go back and change things, she did what Megan suggested after reading Chapter 3: The Omniscient Perspective of the book. The Omniscient Perspective is when the seniver portal allows you to see everything through someone else's eyes; in as different time. If Sarah could see what Paige saw on the night of Blackclover 2020, she could have a better understanding of why or what Paige truly did. And even better, she didn't even have to risk time travel yet.

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 13:09 Mar08 2016 Post ID: 3403847
CrypticWizard
+
But she realized that to use the seniver portal in that way, she would have to know where Paige was BEFORE the incident. Since they were never able to take her in for questioning, they had little information about where she has been or what she had experienced prior to their arrival and encountering her. Only one person would know--the man Mark had found in the kitchen.
"I never did find out who he was," Sarah said, after explaining that to Father Martin. "Mark never told me his name."
"I'm afraid I cannot help you there," he replied. "I know nothin of what happened that night beyond what you have told me."
"There's something about that in here," said Megan.
She read off a name that shocked Jacob. "It can't be!" he almost shouted.
Matt77 Posted: 17:45 Mar08 2016 Post ID: 3403881
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Megan was reading about a man named Dominic; one of the main people in the Dodecagon of Power.
"Who's Dominic?", Megan asked with curiosity, as Sarah turned to face Father Martin with a horrified face.
"IT'S YOU!", Sarah darted towards Father Martin.
"No no n-", he began, but Sarah cut him off.
"This was all their plan wasn't it. They've set up this fake thing to get me to confess to letting a killer go free. Well here's what you want, turn on your recordings. I KNOW THAT PAIGE BARTHOLEMU KILLED SEVERAL PEOPLE AND I SAID NOTHING!"

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 16:42 Mar13 2016 Post ID: 3404443
CrypticWizard
+
Sarah expected something to happen, but nothing did. Father Martin, Jacob, and Megan were all silent, looking at her. Megan's eyes were wide.
"Mom...this book has it different," she said.
Sarah turned to look at her daughter. "What does the book say."
"According to the book, Paige Barhtolemu didn't kill those people."
"Well, who does the book says killed them?"
Megan's voice trembled as she spoke. "It says...it says that you did. There was never any Paige at all."
Matt77 Posted: 18:27 Mar13 2016 Post ID: 3404463
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
"No, no, no! You're a liar Dominic!", Sarah shouted.
"Mom...did you really kill people?", Megan asked, scared to hear a 'yes'.
Sarah, scared, sprinted to the car and quickly drove away before Jacob could catch up. She searched the streets to see if she could find Peter; if this all was fake, Peter never went on some test.

Back at the temple, Megan was wondering something. She was reading a passage right at the end of the book; she needed answers instantly. The final line of the book was:
Spoiler:
click to reveal

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 13:39 Mar14 2016 Post ID: 3404552
CrypticWizard
+
Megan, scared and confused, closed the book.
"Maybe...maybe the book has it wrong?" she said.
Father Martin picked up the book, opened it to the page Megan has read, and handed it back to her. Megan was surprised...the book now detailed the events of Blackclover 2020 exactly the way Sarah had described them. Paige WAS the murderer.
She looked up at Father Martin. "I don't understand."
"You have just passed your test," he explained. "Your mother is innocent of those murders, and you really believed her to be, despite what the book said. You knew the truth in your heart."
Sarah, meanwhile, found that she had driven to where all this had started. She was on the street where she had delivered the photos to McBain.

« Last edited by CrypticWizard on Mar 14th 2016 »
Matt77 Posted: 18:57 Mar14 2016 Post ID: 3404580
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Standing in the middle of the street, on his knees, was a man. He was tall, with short, black hair; too short. He was wearing the same attire he was on their wedding day. He turned around; blood all over his face.
"Peter!"
Sarah sprinted over to him but as she was about to take his hand, she heard a voice behind her.
"I always disapproved of you marrying him.", George, her father said.
Sarah quickly realised this must be her final test. Her father & Peter got along quite well. Their first meeting was in quite strange circumstances; they both rushed to help a women & her children get out of a burning car.

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 00:06 Mar16 2016 Post ID: 3404656
CrypticWizard
+
Sarah knew something wasn't right about this. Either her father or Peter was not who they seemed to be, but which one was the impostor? There had to be a way to tell. Then she got an idea. If she asked her father or Peter a certain question, their answer would reveal which one was the impostor. The question was simple:
Spoiler:
click to reveal

« Last edited by CrypticWizard on Mar 16th 2016 »
Matt77 Posted: 01:59 Mar16 2016 Post ID: 3404670
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Sarah asked the question to Peter. Instead of giving one of two answers she predicted, he started crying. Bawling his eyes out; like nothing she had ever seen before. But one thing was for sure, this was real crying. There was also another thing that was sure. Sarah would have been bleeding out on the road if it wasn't for her daughter stepping up.
"By the way love, I'd like to let you know that he suffered. Day and night for 12 years, in agonising pain. It's sweet that he pushed through the pain just so he could watch", the now obvious impostor said.
He pulled out a gun and moved his finger to pull the trigger, before Sarah heard the BANG. As he fell to the ground, Father Martin, Jacob, & Megan stood her, the gun in Megan's hand.

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 12:23 Mar16 2016 Post ID: 3404722
CrypticWizard
+
The man fell the the street, clutching his leg where Megan has shot him. Jacob ran over and grabbed the man's gun before he could recover.
Megan threw down the gun she was holding. "I didn't want to do that," she said, tears in her eyes.
Sarah went to her and held her. "It's okay, sweetie. He would have killed me, and Dad, and you, if you hadn't stopped him."
Peter struggled to his feet and walked over to his wife and daughter. "So what now?" he asked.
Matt77 Posted: 18:43 Mar16 2016 Post ID: 3404751
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
"Oh", he added. I wasn't in agonising pain for 12 years by the way. This is just from my fall"
Everyone was interested in hearing about Peter's final test, so he explained.
"So I walked into the trees by the lake and suddenly I was in a fiery underground place. I could hear screaming, but I later found out most of them were fake, to frighten me. However I came across a mother looking for her children, so I agreed to help her look for them. I eventually found them & they made their way out. I think that was my test because of-"
He stopped to a halt.
"Anyway there was this thing that happened a while ago and I didn't have the guts to do it but I did it this time.", he finished.
"But how did you 'fall'?", Sarah asked and wondered.

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 15:38 Mar17 2016 Post ID: 3404845
CrypticWizard
+
"Oh, that?" Peter chuckled. "I tripped on the pavement, that's all. Landed on my face on a rough spot, so I got kind of banged up."
"So what was the thing you did?" Megan asked.
"I heard about a murderer, Paige something, when I was still with the FBI. I had a chance to stop her once, but she got away. I came across her again and this time I stopped her. She tried to kill me, so I had to defend myself. But if she was a murderer, then I don't feel bad that I killed her. Besides, as I said, it was self-defense."
Sarah breathed a sigh of relief. Now nobody would ever know the truth of Blackclover 2020.
A lot had happened, but I was all over now and they could go back to their regular lives,

Except for Jacob. He still had the seniver portal, and he was determined to find Rachel. (This is a lead-in to another story)
Matt77 Posted: 18:33 Mar17 2016 Post ID: 3404876
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
(is this going to be another sub-story like Blackclover 2020 was for a few pages, or actually a new story?)

Father Martin had taught him well. He knew exactly how to open the seniver portal, and set it somewhere no-one had gone before, except a few characters from several TV shows or movies. At least one parallel universe would surely have Rachel in mourning over the Jacob from that universe that died (Jacob had a near-death experience before Rachel had died). His theory was that a different scenario would've happened in a different universe. He set everything up, and was about to go; he could go at a push of the button on the portal.
"Wait!", Sarah called from the distance. Her, Megan, Peter, and Father Martin all ran towards Jacob and the portal, fearing the worst.

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 46 of 66
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | ... | 64 | 65 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close