Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Homosexuality Debates

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 8 of 38
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | ... | 36 | 37 | Last     Previous | Next
Oddball Posted: 02:41 Nov04 2008 Post ID: 2470295
Oddball
Post Likes: 0
+
Ugh. People who basis their morals and sometimes even opress people by the basis of a book that could be as easily fabricated as Harry Potter, well... It just makes me feel like 'quitting' Christianity. It really tests my beliefs how people can say "GOD HATES FAGS" on signs and big rallies to bash the people just simply because they think that there is an all loving all powerful being that hates anyone who doesn't follow the strict and specific rules of a mortal church. Some Catholics would go far enough to say that saying this is heresy, and I am Catholic. I don't think that God hates homosexuals, and there's even a good chance he isn't even real. And that's tough for me to say, because I am Christian, but really, categorizing God as right-wing, I'd rather not believe in him. And that's why no people should bash homosexuals on the basis of religeon.
Check out my video blog at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxVKEWusSAk
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Blacklist1 Posted: 15:53 Nov04 2008 Post ID: 2470708
Blacklist1
+
The bible states as to shun waht is bad, not go as fas as holding big rallies and holding gay bashes. THat puts blame on you too.

And has ever been studied as to what even causes one of the same sex to like another of hte same-sex?

Credit for sig/avy goes to Tbug.

[center] [size=13]Click My Signature![/center]
Oddball Posted: 16:22 Nov04 2008 Post ID: 2470743
Oddball
+
I personally think it's just the person, or maybe the upbringing. Pretty sure if a gay couple adopted a child that child would be more likely to be gay. Just saying.
Blacklist1 Posted: 17:42 Nov04 2008 Post ID: 2470962
Blacklist1
+
See that's something I don't believe. I don't think a child raised by a gay couple is more prescribed to be homosexual. I have seen severaly examples of this, and know people and they're all straight.

super craig Posted: 17:56 Nov04 2008 Post ID: 2470989
super craig
Post Likes: 1
+
On 04-Nov-2008 Blacklist1 said:See that's something I don't believe. I don't think a child raised by a gay couple is more prescribed to be homosexual. I have seen severaly examples of this, and know people and they're all straight.
Knowing a few people is different from observing a large number of kids and see if there is any relationship between homosexulaity and upbringing since there will obviously be people who don't, you'd need a fairly large sample size to get the full picture.

I don't know if it would make you homosexual, I think it will probably improve their 'acceptance' of gays but not sure if it would it would impact them in that way.
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

Oddball Posted: 00:24 Nov06 2008 Post ID: 2472230
Oddball
+
I'm not gay Super Craig, just really liberal. Acceptance of gays wouldn't make you any more inclined that way, because I'm aware that plenty of homophobes are trapped in the closet themselves.
Blacklist1 Posted: 17:24 Nov06 2008 Post ID: 2472716
Blacklist1
+
That is a true, good point.

imaloony8.0 Posted: 14:13 Nov07 2008 Post ID: 2473130
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
On 04-Nov-2008 Oddball said:I personally think it's just the person, or maybe the upbringing. Pretty sure if a gay couple adopted a child that child would be more likely to be gay. Just saying.
I disagree.

I personally just think that it's how your brain works. People have different ways of thinking, such as different ways of solving problems, or different opinions on things, and being homosexual is probably just one of those states of minds. It just depends on how you think, really.

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
Blacklist1 Posted: 23:08 Nov07 2008 Post ID: 2473724
Blacklist1
+
But have been able to answer what attracts them together in the first place? What is so more asethically pleasing about it?

g33k Posted: 10:17 Nov08 2008 Post ID: 2473992
g33k
Mr. Lurker
+
On 06-Nov-2008 Blacklist1 said:That is a true, good point.
Please only make posts that contribute to the debate at hand. And not ones that just agree with it. This is a warning. Please read the Debate and Discussion rules before post here again. Thanks!

Are you ready to meet GOD?

Thanks for the Avy goes to Tank! Sig by me.
Emiliano Zapata said:It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!

Clicking this is bad for your brains.
imaloony8.0 Posted: 15:56 Nov08 2008 Post ID: 2474275
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
Well, what attracts straight women to men? Put that into a man, and presto chango! You've got a homosexual.

« Last edited by imaloony8.0 on Nov 8th 2008 »

Oddball Posted: 03:29 Nov09 2008 Post ID: 2474648
Oddball
+
So if you spliced that particular trait of a woman in her DNA and gave that trait to a man you could literally genetically engineer a gay?
Loony McLoon, I think you've made your point.

What's suprising is that 'The Existance of God' topic has been debating homosexuality in religion, and in the homosexuality thread we've been debating religion in homosexuality.
Blacklist1 Posted: 15:51 Nov13 2008 Post ID: 2477317
Blacklist1
+
I don't think or science has gone that far. And even so, it might not even work. THe body might destroy it if it doesn't fit right. Point taken back LoonToon.

imaloony8.0 Posted: 22:12 Nov13 2008 Post ID: 2477588
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
You have no proof that the theory I just set up doesn't fit. You just said that it might not work. Anyone can say that, why won't it work? I'm taking biology and there can be mutations in your genes, I don't see why one couldn't be altered for a man to be attracted to a man.

Catharsis Posted: 22:18 Nov13 2008 Post ID: 2477589
Catharsis
One thought fills immensity.
+
On 13-Nov-2008 Blacklist1 said:I don't think or science has gone that far. And even so, it might not even work. THe body might destroy it if it doesn't fit right. Point taken back LoonToon.
Are you claiming all homosexuals are created through genetic engineering...?

If so, no. Homosexuality has been around long before people even knew about DNA.

Signature and avatar made by Master Volthawk.
Email/MSN: empyrean decadence at hotmail dot com (Remove all spaces)

"Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius." - William Blake.

Winner of Member Brawl '09. Finally cleared out enough sig space to include that.
Blacklist1 Posted: 15:42 Nov14 2008 Post ID: 2477970
Blacklist1
+
Thank You Catharsis. And no scientists has said that a homosexual has mutated genes.

Atraction has something to do with estrogen and hormones and that other good stuff right? So in theory you could create a gay. But more likely you would have to do it on a testtube child. The human body would destroy the genes probably about as soon as they are injected.

Catharsis Posted: 23:26 Nov15 2008 Post ID: 2479148
Catharsis
One thought fills immensity.
+
On 14-Nov-2008 Blacklist1 said:Thank You Catharsis. And no scientists has said that a homosexual has mutated genes.

Atraction has something to do with estrogen and hormones and that other good stuff right? So in theory you could create a gay. But more likely you would have to do it on a testtube child. The human body would destroy the genes probably about as soon as they are injected.
I'm presuming you've never heard of hormone replacement therapy...

Signature and avatar made by Master Volthawk.
Email/MSN: empyrean decadence at hotmail dot com (Remove all spaces)

"Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius." - William Blake.

Winner of Member Brawl '09. Finally cleared out enough sig space to include that.
rate_me Posted: 17:45 Nov18 2008 Post ID: 2481795
rate_me
Post Likes: 2
+
The Bible never says that Homosexuality is bad. All it says is "Do not lie with a man as with a woman." (Leviticus 18: 22) I go to a Catholic High School and what I have learned is that the Church does not care if you're born gay or chose to be, but it does not want them to act upon it. People can be homosexual, but just can't kiss, have intercourse, et cetera. I also believe that it is impossible for God to hate. period. I don't read the Bible for a literal meaning, but for a contextual one. (i.e. I think creationism is absurd and that God didn't really part the red sea) It makes no sense to me to anthropomorphize God in a way such that he hates his own creation. If a person was born gay, then that is what was intended. If a person chooses to be gay, then that is fine, as we have free will.

« Last edited by rate_me on Feb 1st 2010 »

Sig by roadkillman997

Battle guide last updated July 22

New account is _amo_
super craig Posted: 18:42 Nov19 2008 Post ID: 2482978
super craig
Post Likes: 1
+
On 18-Nov-2008 rate_me said:The Bible never says that Homosexuality is bad. All it says is "Do not lie with a man as with a woman." (Leviticus 18: 22) I go to a Catholic High School and what I have learned is that the Church does not care if you're born gay or chose to be, but it does not want them to act upon it. People can be homosexual, but just can't kiss, have intercourse, et cetera. I also believe that it is impossible for God to hate. period. I don't read the Bible for a literal meaning, but for a contextual one. (i.e. I think creationism is absurd and that God didn't really part the red sea) It makes no sense to me to anthropomorphize God in a way such that he hates his own creation. If a person was born gay, then that is what was intended. If a person chooses to be gay, then that is fine, as we have free will.
I don't see why they would be allowed to be gay and yet not able to act upon, its like god going 'yep you can be gay, so long as you don't do this, or this, or this', sort of eliminates the whole freewill thing. Also if they are not allowed to show their love for the same sex, kissing etc, then isn't that almost as bad as not been allowed to love at all? Thats a problem that a lot of homosexuals, still in the closet so to speak, have to deal with any and is incredibly hard for them. (Another 'its like' thing coming here Smile ) Its like been given a credit card with an unlimited amount of money and then been sent to a deserted island where there is nothing to spend it on.

« Last edited by super craig on Nov 19th 2008 »
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

rate_me Posted: 21:31 Nov19 2008 Post ID: 2483122
rate_me
Post Likes: 2
+
On 19-Nov-2008 super craig said:I don't see why they would be allowed to be gay and yet not able to act upon, its like god going 'yep you can be gay, so long as you don't do this, or this, or this', sort of eliminates the whole freewill thing. Also if they are not allowed to show their love for the same sex, kissing etc, then isn't that almost as bad as not been allowed to love at all? Thats a problem that a lot of homosexuals, still in the closet so to speak, have to deal with any and is incredibly hard for them. (Another 'its like' thing coming here Smile ) Its like been given a credit card with an unlimited amount of money and then been sent to a deserted island where there is nothing to spend it on.
According to my Freshman religion class, sex is for two things: Mutual enjoyment and pro-creation. No matter how much a gay pair may have mutual enjoyment, it isn't possible for them to pro-create. Besides, unlimited money can't really make you happy.

Sig by roadkillman997

Battle guide last updated July 22

New account is _amo_
Displaying Page 8 of 38
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | ... | 36 | 37 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close