Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

An SOS to some old friends (former members, come chat)

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 8 of 9
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Last     Previous | Next
steelersrock01 Posted: 10:59 Jan18 2022 Post ID: 3456936
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Yeah, this site is something of a relic. Since the ps3/360 era matured and less games started having codes the site hasn't been updated as much.

Rich is still around. He doesn't post much but as far as I know he's still running the site/other sites.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 19:14 Jan19 2022 Post ID: 3456942
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
You guys are awesome I love you
darkboarder_77 Posted: 01:24 Jan20 2022 Post ID: 3456944
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
Post Likes: 0
+
Forgoten_Scars said:You guys are awesome I love you

I'm garbage. I shouldn't be here.

Still, I'd welcome more activity around. Maybe I'll stay for a bit and help out. I'm feeling it this week. May not by the next.

"Why, nobody's here; how original."
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Matt77 Posted: 09:34 Jan26 2022 Post ID: 3457000
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Basically this forum has turned into a sports forum, with 1 active and 1 semi-active thread. But it's enough. It had been in this life support state successfully for several years now, but we make it work.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
steelersrock01 Posted: 11:14 Jan26 2022 Post ID: 3457001
steelersrock01
+
Lol. I'd be fine making threads to talk about games, music, movies, and books too. I just don't always have too much to say about some stuff and with sports there's pretty much endless discussion available.
Matt77 Posted: 07:10 Jan28 2022 Post ID: 3457021
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
And there's not enough people to reply, so you wonder whether it's worth it. Meanwhile we know that there are 3 other people who will reply in the NFL thread.

It would be nice if someone else came back and joined the NFL competition like you did.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
LordB Posted: 19:43 Jan28 2022 Post ID: 3457024
LordB
Forum GuestMember
+
(Side note: This post was supposed to be submitted at the suggestions/problems forum, but I get an error: "Sorry, you are not yet able to post new topics in this forum. Your account is too new or has not made enough posts.". No URLs because "ERROR: Sorry, your account is too new to post links.", but that's understandable.)

When I try to open any forum inside the video game boards, I just get redirected back. And URLs to existing threads (linked from Twitter and Reddit) also do not work.

When is it expected to be fixed?
steelersrock01 Posted: 22:47 Jan28 2022 Post ID: 3457025
steelersrock01
+
I'm getting that error too. No idea why. I found a workaround for you. Go to the game's main page on the site that you want the forum for and then click Forum and it should work correctly. For example you can go to the Grand Theft Auto 4 page here and then click Forum near the top of the page.

The game forums are mostly abandoned and I wouldn't expect an answer to any question you might have. You might be better off submitting a question through the main site or just asking here.

One of the admins still posts here so he might answer and forward the problem to the tech guy but I wouldn't bet on anything in the forums being fixed at this point.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Jan 28th 2022 »
LordB Posted: 16:11 Feb18 2022 Post ID: 3457131
LordB
Forum GuestMember
+
steelersrock01 said:I found a workaround for you. Go to the game's main page on the site that you want the forum for and then click Forum and it should work correctly.

It does not work for any of "General Gaming Discussion", "Gaming News", "Arcade and Retro systems", "Nintendo Boards", "Playstation Board". Direct links to threads from external sites redirect back to /video-games/ .

It seems that the forums are at risk of going the way of Yahoo Answers. If there is a planned shutdown, I suggest providing a compressed archive of all posts to prevent the destruction of over a decade of history.

« Last edited by LordB on Feb 18th 2022 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 22:45 Feb18 2022 Post ID: 3457133
steelersrock01
+
You're right. I'm not sure if there is a solution at the moment. The issue, I think, is because at some point there was a change in URL schematic. All of the non-video game forums have a URL like https://forums.supercheats....orum=531 where the forum is assigned an ID number, like this forum's is 531. But the video game forums have switched over to a name-based url, like https://forums.supercheats....n-boards and something about them isn't routing correctly. If you change the 531 in the above url to some other number, like 451, it'll redirect you to a video game forum, like https://forums.supercheats....edition.

I'm not sure how to go about getting onto the general gaming boards. Getting to specific game boards is best done the way I mentioned above. It just seems like some kind of redirect error. As far as I can tell the forums exist and there's no planned shutdown.
darkboarder_77 Posted: 03:28 Feb21 2022 Post ID: 3457150
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
Matt77 said:Basically this forum has turned into a sports forum, with 1 active and 1 semi-active thread. But it's enough. It had been in this life support state successfully for several years now, but we make it work.

I want this place to survive, but I know a dead body when I see one. I am not deputized to give life support to SC. If Rich and Dennis have quit trying, I've quit trying.

They don't appear interested anymore and likely are fellating the ad revenue dry. No disrespect to them, but truth is what it is. Money speaks, and gas prices are pretty high right now.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Sanzano Posted: 06:06 Feb21 2022 Post ID: 3457157
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
How am I not trying darkboarder_77, I am adding content to SuperCheats 8 hours a day five times a week and Rich is trying to maintain another site. I've only got one pair of hands...

steelersrock01 Posted: 10:21 Feb21 2022 Post ID: 3457163
steelersrock01
+
Yeah, I mean forums are forums. It's 2022, they're just a relic now and that's fine. I obviously don't know your financials but I'd be surprised if the forums have ever been anything other than a net loss for the site, maybe insignificant enough to not cost anything.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Dennis, but most of the content being added nowadays is the guides, right? Some questions and answers stuff and some news snippets too? The main site is kind of a hodge-podge of stuff and it's kinda hard to tell what's new. I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to writing some stuff or working on some kind of re-organization effort if you guys needed some more hands on deck.
Sanzano Posted: 15:11 Feb21 2022 Post ID: 3457172
Sanzano
+
You are correct steelers01, I just mainly do guides for the latest games when they are released. I really only come onto the forums in my own time to talk to you guys about football or whatever you post.

Send Rich an email and tell him you are interested in helping out in some way. I can't promise nothing, I'm not the boss.

steelersrock01 Posted: 12:31 Feb22 2022 Post ID: 3457185
steelersrock01
+
Sure. I'll have to shoot him an email one of these days.
darkboarder_77 Posted: 04:34 Feb23 2022 Post ID: 3457191
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
Sanzano said:How am I not trying darkboarder_77, I am adding content to SuperCheats 8 hours a day five times a week and Rich is trying to maintain another site. I've only got one pair of hands...

Sorry, Dennis. Look at this place. Look. Smack Rich on the back of his head if he's the reason for it. Maybe it's his doing, not yours. Sorry. Still.

XP-era smileys. Same old 100x75 image-hosting avatar system from when I joined 18 years ago (who... the f*ck... still uses this system). Preselected avatars from freaking PS2-era, most of which I remember from my first days here. No activity apart from you and one or two other members trading punches in various threads. I see where XVGN and GU went -- here, yes, but why? They died, probably. Looks like this is where Rich's projects go to die.

Edit: Oh, yeah. My bio edits haven't come through in over a month now. My friend requests to active users haven't been fulfilled. My messages to you haven't been answered. Broken system? Overworked admins? I don't know. Look at all this. It's derelict.

Only thing floating this site, I'd wager, are the submissions -- the one thing XVGN and GU didn't do to my knowledge. It's the whole "upload your cheat and other people can get the same stuff they get from 20 other SEO-dominant sites on 2022's Google" type thing. SuperCheats is a victim of age and severe obsolescence. This place doesn't pop up on search engines unless I specifically ask for a username that only SC would have, or unless I refer to SC directly.

This is awful. From a place of nostalgia, it seems bold, and I really appreciate what you do, Dennis, but another part of me's going, "What a bloody waste." I never did fully understand your role in all this. I see it in your subs and posts, but I've never really grasped why everything else here has stagnated. Whether that's you or not, I never knew. I guess it's out of your hands after all. Sorry.

Edit 2: Deleted. F*ck it. Been five months. Offer retracted.

« Last edited by darkboarder_77 on Jun 9th 2022 »

spyro madgirl Posted: 17:21 May26 2022 Post ID: 3458022
spyro madgirl
+
Not summoned, just stumbled across this Smile

I was here in the days of nintendo_dude, Cross Stinger, Aeshma, ozzo, RJ Fighter, Cez.... and a lot more names I have forgotten
~ ... Ooh la la ... ~
InvertAlpha Posted: 21:15 May26 2022 Post ID: 3458023
InvertAlpha
Coyote of the Void
Post Likes: 6
+
Surprised I've never made the list when I show up every June 14th.

Only reason I came back today was because @Darkboarder_77 replied to me earlier, and I wanted to see if they replied back.

Hell, I even ran into Town_Idiot25 on reddit one day. Strange occurrence.
Enter the Shattered Realm - At your own discretion.

Shoutout to the year I only used liking FS/N to have an excuse to make signatures
darkboarder_77 Posted: 13:48 Jun09 2022 Post ID: 3458189
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
InvertAlpha said:Surprised I've never made the list when I show up every June 14th.

Only reason I came back today was because @Darkboarder_77 replied to me earlier, and I wanted to see if they replied back.

Hell, I even ran into Town_Idiot25 on reddit one day. Strange occurrence.

On Reddit, huh? Damn, son. I don't use "darkboarder_77" anywhere else, so you'll never recognize me outside of here. Good reason for that: I don't want my other alias associated with this one.

I remember Town_Idiot vaguely...

Sanzano Posted: 15:17 Jun09 2022 Post ID: 3458191
Sanzano
+
Who was that kid who had awful spelling, it was painful reading his posts. Then as the years rolled by it got remarkably better. I'm pretty sure it was something like Nespit.

Then there was that chap called Aeshma, if I remember correctly he came from the Netherlands, controversy just followed him around like a bad smell. I personally thought he was OK but most of the kids disliked him and were always complaining about something he had done. I think he was the guy who had personal issues and had to leave the site. Rich offered him a job, but unfortunately for whatever reason it didn't work out.

Then there was that kid who knew everything there was to know about Pokemon, he literally was a walking encyclopedia on Pokmeon. I think his name was something like Cross Stinger. He was a good guy.

Who was that girl who used to post here and once she posted her photo all the teenage boys fell in love with her. Blond hair, really cute looking face. I can't remember her name. I now wonder if that actually was a photo of her or someone else's face she found on the net. All I know is all of a sudden she became very popular.

Displaying Page 8 of 9
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close