Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

The SuperCheats Newsletter: March 2009

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Next
Vasco Posted: 18:03 Mar31 2009 Post ID: 2586665
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
Post Likes: 7
+

Banner by ozzo

Welcome to this incredibly SPECIAL EDITION of March?s Newsletter. Why is it special? Because for the first time in months, the Newsletter is being posted in time (so yes, less whining over msn).

Moving on (did I mention the Newsletter is being posted in time?), we have another fantastic Newsletter all ready for you. I know, I know, what a thrill, but please calm down. Since it has became a habit, this month we have with us imaloony8.0 and DeadWing, who started last month. DW, we?re pretty happy with your work, looking forward for the next edition. Once more, our Chief and Editor is inactive, so replacing him we have tbug2007.

On to the Newsletter itself, we have the usual Articles plus a very special and waited article by Daecu: Console Wars. Besides that, we?ll have the MOTM Article and AN EPIC INTERVIEW =D

~Contents~

-Qwertyuio?s Interview

- Special Article: Console Wars

-Posting Achievements
-Submission Achievements
-Anniversaries

-Member of the Month

- Pixel?euphoria?

-Disclaimer and?note from the host? Not this time ;)

[center][b] Qwertyuio?s Interview[/center][/b]

Currently we?re still testing this system, but we?re hoping that, from now on, the Interviews will be released in .pdf format.

To download this file you must have Adobe Reader

Click to download the Interview please

?This person I interviewed is Vasco. He is absolutely epic, that?s all you need to know.?

[b][center] Console Wars [/b]

This generations consoles have exceeded everyone?s expectations in all fields and they have produced staggering profits, some shocking, so expected. Sony?s Playstation 3 has produced unexpectedly small profits, costing the company billions of dollars. Microsoft?s Xbox 360 has produced high profits and is host to many great games. Nintendo?s Wii has popped out huge sales topped only by their hand-held gaming system, the Nintendo DS.
Sony?s Playstation 3?s hardware pushes the limit of what all gamers have come to expect from a console. With amazing games, astounding graphics, and online-capability, the only thing preventing huge sales are staggering prices, ranging from $300 to $600. Many would argue that the PS3 is the greatest console to date, and there are many reasons for this. After having best-selling games like Heavenly Sword, Metal Gear Solid 4, Little Big Planet, and more great games on the way like God Of War 3, it might deserve the title of Best Console.
Microsoft?s Xbox 360 is one of the best selling consoles to-date, and with multiple best-sellers like Halo 3, Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call Of Duty: World At War, Gear of War 2, Skate 2, and many others, it has fulfilled gamer?s wildest dreams since the day it came out. With Xbox Live allowing gamers around the world to unite in the act of shooting, blowing up, defeating, and mauling, Microsoft has provided gamers with the best online-capability in a console. With prices starting moderately high, and being lowered to $250 not too long ago, the Xbox 360 avoids some major problems that have faced the PS3. Will Microsoft?s blow-out gaming system win the title of Best Console? Stick around to find out.
Nintendo?s Wii has produced a record number of sales, being the best-selling game console of this generation. With many people standing in lines at 2:00 AM waiting to get one of the 6 or 7 Wii?s a store receives, no one can argue that people don?t want the Wii. Though Nintendo has been extremely lacking on good games, they have produced games that remain in the top 5 best-selling list for months at a time. Wii Play, which was released in February 2007, has never left the top 10. Other games like Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, and Wii Fit have also remained in the top 5 or 10 for months on end. Despite the success of games like these, Nintendo has released an astounding number of third-party games which do absolutely nothing except for take up space on shelves. Many could argue that the Nintendo Wii is the Best Console, and many could not.
In conclusion, I have realized that a console can not be named the Best Console, since they are all unique in their own, special ways. Sorry for the cliff-hanger, but to attempt to satisfy some of you, I have interviewed random people from various websites. These include Supercheats, deviantART, and PlanetRenders.

killeroblivion on deviantART says:
Nintendo Wii
The possibilities are HUGE with the whole wireless pointer controller. Without a doubt a revolution in game-play. Also I want a console to play games on it and not to watch movies or whatever, I've got a computer for all that.

Vasco on Supercheats says:
You're talking to a Sony fanboy, Mod of General PS3 and PS2, so of course, I vote PlayStation :P

Qwertyuio on Supercheats says:
I vote for Xbox360. Best online by far, biggest community, best software.

My apologies go to Taylor/T bug for not including you vote. You didn't reply on time. [/center]

Article by Daecu

Posting Achievements

Well, it?s time again for the Supercheats Newsletter Posting Achievements, and guess who?s back for it?
No. No. Nope. Okay, now you?re just guessing! Anyways, here are your posting achievements for March of 2009! Maybe I shouldn?t put qwert on for making such a fail achievement topic? hmm.

1,000-4,999
-Next Generation-

*dx_hbk

*mini_mario

5,000-9,999
-Junior Elites-

**Sk8rboy

**SUPERMAN5

**ChrisMaclean

**poke.addicted

**tbug2007

10,000-14,999
-Elite Members-

***qwertyuio

15,000-19,999
-Veterans-

****Vasco (who forgot to make a topic about it >__<)

20,000+
-Supercheats Legends-

*****None ;_;

Imaloony8.0 and the newsletter staff apologizes if you had a Posting achievement but were not featured in this article due to you not making a topic or loony being an idiot by not noticing it. Achievements will only be counted for the newsletter if they have a thread made for them in the month of that newsletter. Your achievements won?t be counted if you don?t make a topic, so make sure to keep up to date with your post count!

Article by imaloony8.0

Submission Achievements

The popular Submission achievements make a comeback this month, and now with new, just-thought-up headings! Without further ado, here are the Supercheats Submission achievements of 2009. It was a slow month, so remember to keep track of your submission achievements!

100-299
-Junior Submitters-

*Nuclear Destruction

300-599
-Dedicated Submitters-

**None ;(

600-999
-Hardcore Submitters-

***None ;0

1,000-1,499
-Crazed Submitters-

****Sk8rboy

1,500+
-OMGWTFBBQ-

*****None ;_;

Imaloony8.0 and the newsletter staff apologizes if you had a Submission achievement but were not featured in this article due to you not making a topic or loony being an idiot by not noticing it. Achievements will only be counted for the newsletter if they have a thread made for them in the month of that newsletter. Your achievements won?t be counted if you don?t make a topic, so make sure to keep up to date with your submission count!

Article by imaloony8.0

Anniversaries

February has had quite a few anniversaries. Many people celebrated their SuperCheats anniversaries, and we had a few birthdays this month also. So, here they are. The people that deserve recognition for staying on the site for so long and, hopefully, haven't thought about leaving. Guys, I hope you stay here for a much longer time, and many congratulations to those that celebrated their birthday.

First Year:

*emeraldrafael ~ March 8

*tricky14! ~ March 14

*g33k ~ March 15

*clarissasy03 ~ March 27

*mini_mario ~ March 31

Second Year:

**guy in oakland ~ March 7

**TwilightPrince ~ March 8

**Shadowcheater ~ March 20

**CRAZY CHEATS ~ March 29

Real Birthdays:

*know-your-role ~ 14th Birthday ~ March 5

*Nuclear Destruction ~ 15th Birthday ~ March 20

SPECIAL::
**Miranda, daughter of Michael (Zelda Fan) ~ Born on the 13th of March at 12:29 AM

So, make sure to congratulate all that celebrated their anniversary and/or birthday. Let's all hope that they stay around for another few years, maybe even to the 20th anniversary of SuperCheats.

I apologize to any celebrations that I missed. I looked through all of the topics made in February, and I think I got them all. Congratulations to any that I missed. Congratulations to any missed anniversaries/birthdays.

Article by DeadWing

Member of the Month

Here we are again...Probably the most waited Article of the month. Once more, we didn?t receive any suggestions at all, so this afternoon I had to talk to Filip about this special seat. We both agreed on one person.

To prove we?re all wrong, and that even Pokemon fans are not spammers (Tank aside) but good contributors to side, I give you this month?s MOTM:

PICKACHUOWNS1!11

Congratulations to Pika?.

No, but really, did anyone fall for that? ;]

The one and only, March?s MOTM will be?

DemonOfSand

Congratulations DOS, and thank you for all the help you?ve been providing, make us proud~

*TO BE UPDATE WITH THE OFFICIAL SIGNATURE

Article by Vasco

[center]Pixel?euphoria?

No, not a mention to that famous site (orly?), but a game we?re bringing back. In the old Newsletters, this game consisted of finding ONE hidden pixel everywhere on the site.

The pixel shall be hidden by one of the Newsletter Staff Team. We won?t mention who did it , so even the other members can look for it. The pixel will be in the middle of an avatar, signature or even text, and it will stand out by not being part of the original piece (something that should be fairly easy to notice).

Here are two examples:

To make it easier, this month?s Pixel will be hidden IN AN IMAGE. Look for it at a place we posted an image in the past month, don't worry, won't be too random... :P

You have to post a link to it, or post a screenshot. The winner will receive an award, probably a signature by myself.

Good luck to all~

Article by Vasco

[center][b]Disclaimer[/center][/b]

This review was not intended to offend anyone and elaboration was used necessarily for enjoyable reading.
Any attempt to re-create/rip this review will cause me (Vasco), Qwertyuio, Lukie, Deadwing AND Taylor to go freaky ? We may be nice, but you DON?T want to see us mad D:

NOTE: Seriously, do you expect me to make an awesome and funny remark every time? D:

The Newsletter Team.

Vasco - Host and Article Writer
Qwertyuio - Interviewer
imaloony8.0 ? Article Writer
DeadWing ? Article Writer
tbug2007 ? Honorary Editor

If you?d like to help, please send your application at the e-mail bellow. Also, regarding the Special Article, we accept the Special from ANYONE. You can just make an article you think it?s pretty interesting, and send it to us. If it?s good enough, it will be posted, and of course you?ll get credits for it.

For the above mentioned, or for further questions, e-mail me at:

vasco_gamer @ hotmail. com [remove the spaces] [/center]

« Last edited by Vasco on Apr 1st 2009 »

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
mini_mario Posted: 18:05 Mar31 2009 Post ID: 2586667
mini_mario
Post Likes: 3
+
nice article Vasco and congrats to DOS

avatar credit to Trainer Saphire
signature credit to Layne
qwertyuio Posted: 18:17 Mar31 2009 Post ID: 2586675
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
1: You screwed up the link to my interview damn it. ;_;

2: Daecu gets fail of the year award for spelling my name wrong.

Other than that...best article in a while me thinks. Congrats to DoS, Vas and I really thought you deserved it. Thanks for pulling everything together you guys. Smile
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
dx_hbk Posted: 18:25 Mar31 2009 Post ID: 2586683
dx_hbk
Skeptic
Post Likes: 6
+
Oh i was late on my sugestion any way good artical vascoThumbs Up and congrats DOSSmile.

I am suprised and shocked that the artical was posted on time and i got mentioned againSmile.

^ That guy is GOD

"Lost somewhere between immensity and eternity is our tiny planetary home." ~ Carl Sagan

hatershateme Posted: 18:37 Mar31 2009 Post ID: 2586695
hatershateme
Mr. Forum Games!
Post Likes: 4
+
That is one nice Newsletter

Someday I will be Mentioned
Also, for the SuperCheats legends, 25k+, "ozzo" is one
Plus I should be in there to because i did a post achievement, 1k

« Last edited by hatershateme on Mar 31st 2009 »

superbird5005 is Bae

Sig and Avy: Craizen

sphynxx said:Step aside people, Mr. forum games coming through. ;)

imaloony8.0 Posted: 19:58 Mar31 2009 Post ID: 2586773
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
A few things:

1. You put the Anaversaries headding twice.
2. I actually sent in my vote for MOTM...
3. Why am I not credited for helping? Am I hated? Ima go cry in teh corner nao... ;_;

EDIT: hatershateme, sorry, but I sent in my article just before you posted your topic. I'm sure Vasco can edit you in tho.

« Last edited by imaloony8.0 on Mar 31st 2009 »

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
g33k Posted: 20:01 Mar31 2009 Post ID: 2586777
g33k
Mr. Lurker
Post Likes: 0
+
I found the hidden pixel. Please wait while I get screen shot.

EDIT: 2 different places not sure which it is...
http://i42.tinypic.com/9iyeee.png There or
http://i42.tinypic.com/2niz880.png There or
http://i42.tinypic.com/15ozbr9.png There

« Last edited by g33k on Mar 31st 2009 »
Are you ready to meet GOD?

Thanks for the Avy goes to Tank! Sig by me.
Emiliano Zapata said:It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!

Clicking this is bad for your brains.
tbug2007 Posted: 20:19 Mar31 2009 Post ID: 2586794
tbug2007
Da Bug
Post Likes: 4
+
Yes Vas, see those errors, it would have helped it you um, sent the letter to teh editor before you posted...

"The Newsletter Team.

Vasco - Host and Article Writer
Qwertyuio - Interviewer
Lukie ? Article Writer
DeadWing ? Article Writer
tbug2007 ? Honorary Editor

ubr cuulness by Craizin the raizin. <3

FILIP R POLICE
qwertyuio Posted: 20:38 Mar31 2009 Post ID: 2586816
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
+
On 31-Mar-2009 g33k said:I found the hidden pixel. Please wait while I get screen shot.

EDIT: 2 different places not sure which it is...
http://i42.tinypic.com/9iyeee.png There or
http://i42.tinypic.com/2niz880.png There or
http://i42.tinypic.com/15ozbr9.png There
Its not in my sig, I'm part of the search to. I doubt its any of the others either.
g33k Posted: 20:42 Mar31 2009 Post ID: 2586820
g33k
Mr. Lurker
+
On 31-Mar-2009 qwertyuio said:Its not in my sig, I'm part of the search to. I doubt its any of the others either.
Ah darn it. All well I tried.

Emiliano Zapata said:It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!

Daecu Posted: 20:47 Mar31 2009 Post ID: 2586827
Daecu
+
How come I'm not credited either. Ima goin to go join teh looninater in teh corner ;_;

Congrats to everyone, and Vasco as my witness. I called the interviewee. You remember, on MSN.

You May Know Me As Latiosprince | Sig By Me
[email protected] -> Feel Free To Add Me
My deviantART
Me
qwertyuio Posted: 20:55 Mar31 2009 Post ID: 2586834
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
+
Could this be the pixel?
g33k Posted: 21:01 Mar31 2009 Post ID: 2586837
g33k
Mr. Lurker
+
Looks alot bigger than a pixel to me Qwert

Daecu Posted: 21:15 Mar31 2009 Post ID: 2586849
Daecu
+
I think this might be a little vague. Maybe a hint about the category it's in, like General Boards, Video Game Boards, or New Members Welcome Forum

My deviantART
Me
qwertyuio Posted: 22:56 Mar31 2009 Post ID: 2586908
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
+
^agreed, a hint would be nice. I think it might have bin provided in the older letters to...
zeldafan11 Posted: 23:21 Mar31 2009 Post ID: 2586911
zeldafan11
Sanity: false
+
0_o Nice articles, but then again nice face! jk, well...wait damn it, i just realized after two months no topic for my two years -_- oh well congrats DoS and everyone who stayed here for atleast a year, and for those who had birthdays

Sir Alex, the Ruby Knight of Everlasting Life
Vasco Posted: 07:05 Apr01 2009 Post ID: 2586989
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
+
Sorry about the little typos guys, and thanks for mentioning them. I didn't have time to fix everything yesterday... Well, everything fixed, and hatershateme added. As for the interview link, YOU gave me the wrong one qwert. You gave me the one to access the main files, this is the correct one xD.

As for the MOTM votes, sorry guys, but yours were not taken in consideration as they were sent too late. Thanks anyway, hope to see all those votes next month too.

As for the hidden pixel, here is the hint: It was posted on some General Board... Whistle. So yes, all your guesses were wrong. Look for something that stands out, like some pink dot into a black and white signature, don't go in such detail.

And thank you all, of course Smile

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
Daecu Posted: 12:04 Apr01 2009 Post ID: 2587128
Daecu
+
Awww. I liked the one you posted before. I'll have to download this one when I get home too

My deviantART
Me
imaloony8.0 Posted: 12:56 Apr01 2009 Post ID: 2587148
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
My submission article still says "Article by DeadWing"

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
Vasco Posted: 13:00 Apr01 2009 Post ID: 2587149
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
+
Oh, sorry about that. Fixed now.

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
Displaying Page 1 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth