Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Forums With Horrible Individuals

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 4 of 6

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Last     Previous | Next
stormform Posted: 07:41 Aug18 2010 Post ID: 2887413
stormform
Eternal Lurker
Post Likes: 43
+
Foopster said:
Siberian 142 said:Have you ever joined those kinds for forums?
When you joined some "Between all eyes" forum, you sent some PM abuses to a member for no reason, and there you were, banned for good.

Ring a bell??

it's between the eyes and he got banned there for trolling and direct flaming.
He is now permanently banned.
http://betweentheeyes.ucoz.com/forum/4-56-1
I suggest you read that...

spyro madgirl Posted: 13:27 Aug18 2010 Post ID: 2887516
spyro madgirl
Post Likes: 0
+
I've joined a couple of forums and I've noticed the differences in the way people speak on each. This was the first forum I ever joined, and I'd say it was about average in terms of friendliness. Obviously by now I've been able to get used to the way people act on here. Everyone has a laugh and a joke, but I think some people can get a bit overly sarcastic or harsh on new members. Although you're technically supposed to read the rules when you join, can we honestly say we all did just that before we started posting? I think a friendly reminder to read the rules before posting can work just as well as a harsh or nasty one.

It can be very hard for newbies to adjust to such an environment, especially if they've never used a forum before. It's all right if you're well known here, but it can feel a bit threatening to people who don't have anyone to back them up. Obviously if they're repeatedly breaking the rules, that's a time to intervene a bit more harshly, but I think one off-topic post just calls for a nudge in the right direction. People do learn.

My sister joined a forum called darkSpyro for a while and enjoyed it there until some of the older members ganged up on a young member who didn't spell too well. She stuck up for her, and of course they all turned on her instead. She got upset and left after that. The admin was too busy chasing up people with more than one account to bother dealing with the bullying.

Some of the nicest communities on the web I've noticed have been band forums, and deviantART.

Obviously I still like Supercheats or I wouldn't be here. :D

EIDT: God, I didn't realise I'd written that much.

« Last edited by spyro madgirl on Aug 18th 2010 »
~ ... Ooh la la ... ~
tegan41 Posted: 13:45 Aug18 2010 Post ID: 2887521
tegan41
Matt
Post Likes: 6
+
spyro madgirl said:I've joined a couple of forums and I've noticed the differences in the way people speak on each. This was the first forum I ever joined, and I'd say it was about average in terms of friendliness. Obviously by now I've been able to get used to the way people act on here. Everyone has a laugh and a joke, but I think some people can get a bit overly sarcastic or harsh on new members. Although you're technically supposed to read the rules when you join, can we honestly say we all did just that before we started posting? I think a friendly reminder to read the rules before posting can work just as well as a harsh or nasty one.

It can be very hard for newbies to adjust to such an environment, especially if they've never used a forum before. It's all right if you're well known here, but it can feel a bit threatening to people who don't have anyone to back them up. Obviously if they're repeatedly breaking the rules, that's a time to intervene a bit more harshly, but I think one off-topic post just calls for a nudge in the right direction. People do learn.

My sister joined a forum called darkSpyro for a while and enjoyed it there until some of the older members ganged up on a young member who didn't spell too well. She stuck up for her, and of course they all turned on her instead. She got upset and left after that. The admin was too busy chasing up people with more than one account to bother dealing with the bullying.

Some of the nicest communities on the web I've noticed have been band forums, and deviantART.

Obviously I still like Supercheats or I wouldn't be here. :D

EIDT: God, I didn't realise I'd written that much.

The problem with that is it's the staff's jobs to maintain a friendly manner. A very popular site I'm staff on right now actively encourages friendly staff. If your not friendly, expect a PM about it. That's not to say we're push overs. We enforce all rules, and hand out punishment where it is needed, but we send friendly reminders rather than warnings. Most of the time the reminders work, but when a member refuses to heed our reminder, we get more serious but still remain calm and friendly.

A forum where the staff are jerks is a forum where you'll more than likely see jerkish members.
spyro madgirl Posted: 15:37 Aug18 2010 Post ID: 2887604
spyro madgirl
+
tegan41 said:The problem with that is it's the staff's jobs to maintain a friendly manner. A very popular site I'm staff on right now actively encourages friendly staff. If your not friendly, expect a PM about it. That's not to say we're push overs. We enforce all rules, and hand out punishment where it is needed, but we send friendly reminders rather than warnings. Most of the time the reminders work, but when a member refuses to heed our reminder, we get more serious but still remain calm and friendly.

A forum where the staff are jerks is a forum where you'll more than likely see jerkish members.

Yeah, in my opinion, that's the right way to run a forum. :D Friendly and regular-posting staff probably encourage politer forum members. Smile
~ ... Ooh la la ... ~
tegan41 Posted: 17:39 Aug18 2010 Post ID: 2887677
tegan41
Matt
+
spyro madgirl said:
tegan41 said:The problem with that is it's the staff's jobs to maintain a friendly manner. A very popular site I'm staff on right now actively encourages friendly staff. If your not friendly, expect a PM about it. That's not to say we're push overs. We enforce all rules, and hand out punishment where it is needed, but we send friendly reminders rather than warnings. Most of the time the reminders work, but when a member refuses to heed our reminder, we get more serious but still remain calm and friendly.

Yeah, in my opinion, that's the right way to run a forum. :D Friendly and regular-posting staff probably encourage politer forum members. Smile

Yea, you wouldn't believe how well it works. Even when members get banned, most of the time they come back a lot better. My team leader for that site I mentioned is always telling us to be friendly. Smile
Foopster Posted: 16:28 Aug19 2010 Post ID: 2888121
Foopster
+
stormform said:it's between the eyes and he got banned there for trolling and direct flaming.
He is now permanently banned.
this is the thread he got banned in.
I suggest you read that...
Now I know what's going on, yeah!

Carstairs and Siberian are excactly the same individual.

For those of you who have been here for years, you may remember a user blaming BigNoseMcGurk of being Sonic Flash/Tropic Mystic.

Well, this happens to be very true indeed, and even the user who blamed him is also the same individual. He has made up multiple alternate accounts to talk to himself from different IP addresses/Proxy servers, playing on the same old "if I flame and troll on one account, come clean and polite with a 2nd account, reveal who I really am with a 3rd account, they'll never suspect me" bullshit!

Of course he denies it, only to find out that he's a terrible liar, so far that nobody believes in him.

That's why Carstairs is banned on your forum, for being the same individual as Siberian.

« Last edited by Foopster on Aug 19th 2010 »
SomeWhere Posted: 02:36 Aug20 2010 Post ID: 2888399
SomeWhere
Post Likes: 5
+
Anyone ever been on 4chan? Right there, the place is filled with 100 trolls, weeaboos, faggots and twihards. I have yet to find a normal and sane person who isn't trolling for no good or make responses that makes sense. Seriously, don't go there, you will become a troll too if you are there for too long. Encyclopedia Dramatica was pretty bad in the beginning, but even worse now because the place is practically filled with 4chan meme users or weeaboos and furr faggots, there are a very few sane and cool people left there.
"Close your mind,
and
Open your heart."
-Swedish House Mafia
spyro madgirl Posted: 13:27 Aug20 2010 Post ID: 2888531
spyro madgirl
+
SomeWhere said:Anyone ever been on 4chan? Right there, the place is filled with 100 trolls, weeaboos, faggots and twihards. I have yet to find a normal and sane person who isn't trolling for no good or make responses that makes sense. Seriously, don't go there, you will become a troll too if you are there for too long. Encyclopedia Dramatica was pretty bad in the beginning, but even worse now because the place is practically filled with 4chan meme users or weeaboos and furr faggots, there are a very few sane and cool people left there.

I'm always hearing dodgy stuff about 4chan to the point that I am actually afraid to visit it. As for Encyclopedia Dramatica, I hate even thinking about it after my friend kindly decided to show me a handful of some of the material on there. It was stuff I'll never unsee.

I don't understand why people find pictures of shredded animals funny.
~ ... Ooh la la ... ~
SomeWhere Posted: 03:07 Aug21 2010 Post ID: 2888854
SomeWhere
+
Oh, that offended page? yeah, that's another story. But there are some lulzworthy articles there as well. The shamwow article is the best, also is the whole page dedicated to chris chan.
"Close your mind,
and
Open your heart."
-Swedish House Mafia
Siberian 142 Posted: 20:22 Aug21 2010 Post ID: 2889144
Siberian 142
+
Foopster said:Carstairs and Siberian are excactly the same individual.
Do you have the moderator tools on here to prove it?? The answer is NO!
Please come on over to Acta Non Verba
neptis Posted: 22:39 Aug21 2010 Post ID: 2889225
neptis
retired Moderator
Post Likes: 13
+
guys keep it to msn will you this forum is not the place for this go to msn or use anuther site. NOT HEAR
Sir Bel-te Amethyst Knight of Welcomes
forum status: retired Moderator
forum: new member welcome forum (2005-2010)(corect me if i got second date wrong)
my coment: i was THE New members welcome forum mod (my opinion :P )
imaloony8.0 Posted: 22:14 Aug23 2010 Post ID: 2889911
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
One/Two words:

MasterSurgeon

He ripped off Wolfy's showdown and tried to take credit for it, which quite a few members of the forum bagged on him about. When he finally complained enough for me to give him a second chance, he blows it by breaking a bunch of FF/RP rules, being incredible rude to Intoxication and myself in the Halo RP, and then tried to brush it off as if nothing happened and come back.

Oh, and one more thing:

waah currymonstr doesnt liek me he iz mean

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
SomeWhere Posted: 10:47 Aug24 2010 Post ID: 2890017
SomeWhere
+
So what would you expect from curry? Well, on topic, I've just changed my mind. Serebiiforums.net is pretty horrible. Not mean but horrible. They have a virginity thread which almost says it all.
"Close your mind,
and
Open your heart."
-Swedish House Mafia
rate_me Posted: 18:54 Aug24 2010 Post ID: 2890113
rate_me
Post Likes: 2
+
SomeWhere said:So what would you expect from curry? Well, on topic, I've just changed my mind. Serebiiforums.net is pretty horrible. Not mean but horrible. They have a virginity thread which almost says it all.

Like me, they're all Pokenerds. Are you really surprised?Eh

Sig by roadkillman997

Battle guide last updated July 22

New account is _amo_
Foopster Posted: 20:21 Aug24 2010 Post ID: 2890120
Foopster
+
neptis said:guys keep it to msn will you this forum is not the place for this go to msn or use anuther site. NOT HEAR
I'm sorry about that, but they have the right to know who he really is.
Cross Stinger Posted: 22:48 Aug24 2010 Post ID: 2890150
Cross Stinger
Terrible Treecko
Post Likes: 41
+
Actually, a match to the post here by Foopster, 116.212.211.106, also goes to Sonic Flash, Siberian 142, TropicMysticsII, and InvivnI. The IP on Siberian 142 in this thread, 203.59.136.9, goes to Sonic Flash. Both IPs give me Perth, Australia. As the IPs are now banned, it's a moot point.
sid140 Posted: 00:33 Aug25 2010 Post ID: 2890169
sid140
+
Uhh...well there's 4chan...yeah thats just a horrible site if you're in the wrong place. Constantly you're reminded why everybody hates us Americans.

Sig by ozzo
Avy by Phil
Contact me @ [email protected]
Xbox live gamertag: sid140
MonkeyD.Luffy Posted: 00:51 Aug25 2010 Post ID: 2890179
MonkeyD.Luffy
+
I hope i dont get in these type of forum.
I hope .... no ones planning against me.

Msn: [email protected]
Jirachi X Posted: 00:53 Aug25 2010 Post ID: 2890180
Jirachi X
Post Likes: 2
+
4Chan is a swell place Speak to the hand

If you ignore all the P0rn threads...
I'm gone - bye
sid140 Posted: 01:28 Aug25 2010 Post ID: 2890186
sid140
+
4chan also has a large majority of the neo-nazi scum and kkk members with beliefs founded 300 years ago in america.

Sig by ozzo
Avy by Phil
Contact me @ [email protected]
Xbox live gamertag: sid140
Displaying Page 4 of 6

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 83219

Post Top
Click to close