Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Favourite Game Series?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Previous | Next
Chikablam Posted: 09:07 Feb12 2014 Post ID: 3304830
Chikablam
Post Likes: 24
+
nightmare2 said:Well yeah but all games tend to get like that after playing them for awhile. And for a game like Skyrim which most people play consistently non-stop for a few days straight of course your going to get bored. But so long as you take breaks and play other games for a while you can always return to Skyrim and find it just as fun. You can always a start a new character and challenge yourself to play a very specific class to make the gameplay harder and more interesting. The reason why Skyrim, Oblivion, and Fallout games are so good are that you can always return to them and find them fun. Pretty much perfect replay ability value.

As stated you could very easily play Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, Morrowind, or Oblivion for years and not grow bored of it or run out of things to do.

I agree with that for the most part, I've spent far more time on Fallout 3 than anyone ever should, but the problem with skyrim (for me) is that at least 70% of it is just grinding through caves. Some stuff about the game I love, the Dark Brotherhood and the Dragon Priest's Masks in particular, but they're the minority of the game
Formerly
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
KingofCorn Posted: 09:37 Feb12 2014 Post ID: 3304836
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
Post Likes: 615
+
Well 40% of Fallout 3 was wandering through subways.
Chikablam Posted: 11:34 Feb12 2014 Post ID: 3304858
Chikablam
+
Not even nearly. At least not for me anyway. Maybe 10%
Formerly
KingofCorn Posted: 12:48 Feb12 2014 Post ID: 3304864
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
Well I looted EVERYTHING.
Chikablam Posted: 13:39 Feb12 2014 Post ID: 3304867
Chikablam
+
All the more reason you wouldn't spend 40% of your time in metros. Theres a lot of them, but there's a lot more capital wasteland
Formerly
nightmare2 Posted: 14:22 Feb12 2014 Post ID: 3304874
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
Exploring isn't necessarily that bad of a thing, granted some of the dungeons are rather small and pointless but for the most part exploring a dungeon is the same as exploring the wilderness. The only major difference would be that there are probably more enemies and that you are more or less forced along a route. For the most part many of Skyrim's dungeons are pretty unique even the computer generated ones are decent enough.
The same can be said for Fallout, though in my experience Fallout has less dungeons (locations where you actually enter) and more open locations.
And I am pretty sure Skyrim has more locations than Fallout 3 and New Vegas (not combined).

Then again it is all user dependent, each player's experience is going to be different based off of how they play and all that. So for me grinding through the dungeons that don't have a unique reward item to them is still just as interesting and fun. As for you it may just be pointless grinding.
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
Chikablam Posted: 16:43 Feb12 2014 Post ID: 3304890
Chikablam
+
Oh it definitely has more, it's a much bigger map.
Ultimately it really comes down to preference I suppose, I just find Skyrim lacking in charm, but I understand all too well how alluring massive free roam games can be
Formerly
KingofCorn Posted: 22:23 Feb12 2014 Post ID: 3304928
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
Plus a lot of the subways in Fallout 3 are connected.
steelersrock01 Posted: 11:30 Feb13 2014 Post ID: 3304985
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Novus said:It's not necessarily a bad habit. If you can afford it and buying the games isn't putting you on the edge of poverty, nothing really negative comes out of it.
Like you said, it just gives more opportunity for playing other games. And who knows? Sometime in your life, you may not be nearly as busy, and be able to go back and play a lot of the games you've purchased. :p
700 though... Just a tad excessive. xD

True. $5 once a week or so isn't coming close to breaking the bank. And hopefully I'll have time eventually. And yeah, it is a bit much, sometimes I end up with duplicates of games so I have extra steam keys in a file. If there was any interest I would have some sort of giveaway contest to help spur activity here and get rid of my extras.

nightmare2 said:I sorta get that with PS+ and the large amount of free games that I have piled up with it. But hey you have plenty of time left to play them. Even 700 games can be played, you will have plenty of free time when you retire.

not sure about retirement, I'm only in college lol, but I understand the point.
KingofCorn Posted: 12:23 Feb13 2014 Post ID: 3304987
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
How long did it take to accumulate those games?
steelersrock01 Posted: 11:01 Feb14 2014 Post ID: 3305121
steelersrock01
+
My steam account is about 3 and a half years old, so I guess that.
KingofCorn Posted: 13:35 Feb14 2014 Post ID: 3305139
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
What kind of games do you buy? What's the best rollercoaster simulator game?
steelersrock01 Posted: 16:00 Feb14 2014 Post ID: 3305156
steelersrock01
+
Anything that looks interesting really. I get recommendations from friends, other sites, indie bundles. IMO, the best rollercoaster sim is RollerCoaster Tycoon 1 or 2. Some people like 3, but I don't like 3D graphics in a sim game. There are some other themepark builder games, but they don't match up to RCT for me.
KingofCorn Posted: 22:14 Feb14 2014 Post ID: 3305187
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
Do they sell those on discs?
steelersrock01 Posted: 09:16 Feb15 2014 Post ID: 3305232
steelersrock01
+
I'm sure you could find them on ebay.
KingofCorn Posted: 09:47 Feb15 2014 Post ID: 3305236
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
Cool. I miss the old "build a park, city, college, prison, etc" games. I hope my computer can handle it. Right now it won't play Sim City 4 without shutting down.
Novus Posted: 10:21 Feb15 2014 Post ID: 3305246
Novus
Post Likes: 72
+
Mike said:If there was any interest I would have some sort of giveaway contest to help spur activity here and get rid of my extras.

That would actually not be a bad idea, though kinda shitty considering you're the one who spent the money. Not really fair to just hand the games out to other people.
Plus, successfully doing a giveaway would require people to see it. Hosting on this site would mean three people would see it. If you did giveaways as a weekly/monthly/whatever thing, the same three people would constantly win it.
I suppose it'd have potential to bring activity, but I don't know if it'd be worthwhile. If you're really wanting to get rid of extras, it'd probably be better to just give them to your close friends.
91210user Posted: 11:07 Feb15 2014 Post ID: 3305262
91210user
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
I'm a major Burnout fan! I love Burnout, all that crashing and etc.
Novus Posted: 11:14 Feb15 2014 Post ID: 3305268
Novus
Post Likes: 72
+
The Burnout games are really fun for sure. I haven't played one in maybe two years now.
You bringing it up is definitely making me want to play again. :p
Keyblade21 Posted: 05:19 Feb16 2014 Post ID: 3305376
Keyblade21
Post Likes: 323
+
KoC - Have you played Fallout New Vegas?

I have to restart Fallout 3 because I gave up on it, but now I think I'm going to give it another go.

Novus - What was the last game you bought?

Avy & Sig credits go to Hurricane0

Want to join in the chat? Head over to General Chat
Displaying Page 3 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close