Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Follow the dark path or use the light
Mobile
go

NFL - Discussion & Tipping Thread

Search for a game or topic
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 190 of 190
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 188 | 189 | Last     Previous
Matt77 Posted: 20:58 Dec12 2019 Post ID: 3449319
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 270
+
I still think Mayfield has time. He's been pretty bad this season, but he did very well last season. I think this season Cleveland read the papers and believed the hype surrounding the team. Next year when they come back with something to prove, will be the true test.

Baltimore up 21-7 at HT. Jackson has broken Vick's rushing record in a single season.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 01:42 Dec13 2019 Post ID: 3449321
Sanzano
Post Likes: 65
+
You were right Matt, the Ravens demolished the Jets, wasn't even close. You can discount the two late Jets Touchdowns, the game was over long before then. Jackson throwing for 5 Touchdowns was impressive though, I can't see anyone stopping the Ravens now as they march towards the Super Bowl. Lamar Jackson without doubt is this years MVP and on the front of next year's Madden game.

Matt77 Posted: 07:52 Dec13 2019 Post ID: 3449323
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Baltimore have essentially clinched the #1 seed. They are 1 game ahead of New England, but have the H2H meaning NE need to catch up 2 games. Baltimore surely aren't going to lose their last 2 games.

Oh no. Not the Madden Curse. Wasn't Mahomes on it this year? Keep in mind he missed 3 games with injury and narrowly avoided a torn ACL. Actually scrap that. I hear a lot of the so-called Madden Curse, yet I looked at the list of who has been on the cover in which year and apart from Antonio Brown, I can't see any recent names which have had injuries/bad luck.

From watching footage of Lamar Jackson's big plays or scoring plays, they're not always that spectacular. He's surrounded by an elite running game with Gus Edwards and Mark Ingram, and a dynamic WR group who find themselves in open space quite often. What makes Jackson special is the fact his ability to either pass or rush makes the defense second guess itself, and it allows these already talented offensive players to shred defenses to pieces.

Jackson has thrown 5 touchdowns 3 times this season. That's unheard of.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 08:57 Dec13 2019 Post ID: 3449324
Sanzano
Post Likes: 65
+
Throwing for 5 Touchdowns in one game is good going, do you remember when Drew Brees threw 7 in one game against the Giants in 2015. The Saints needed all 7 scores as they only just won the game 52-49.

Wasn't Mark Ingram the Saints running back who played alongside Alvin Kamara in New Orleans a couple of years ago? I seem to recall they were a pretty good tandem. Looks like the Ravens are built from players like Ingram and Jackson which nobody wanted for one reason or another. I hope they win it all this year.

Apparently Washington are going to decline the option for Rueben Foster. I was looking forward to seeing him in a Redskins jersey.

Looks like the Dolphins are going to be in good shape this offseason, they will have 100 million available cap space to work with and can add 9.5 million releasing Albert Wilson, 11.5 million releasing Reshad Jones and 3.6 million cutting Daniel Kilgore. That's a total of 124.6 million. Basically sign anyone they want...

« Last edited by Sanzano on Dec 13th 2019 »

Matt77 Posted: 21:23 Dec13 2019 Post ID: 3449326
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I remember that game very clearly, and always will. It was during my first season following the NFL and I was stunned that 2 teams could score so many points.

Yep that's the same Mark Ingram. New Orleans made a big mistake letting him go. Just 2 seasons ago Baltimore had one of the worst rushing attacks in the league, and now look at them.

I don't like the sound of all those players getting cut/waived. Wilson has had a poor year but he was electric in 2018/19 before a season-ending injury. Jones is on the Injury Reserve, but when fit is one of Miami's best players. Kilgore is an experienced o-linemen and 3.6 million isn't much to pay for someone who can provide depth in the o-line. Are there any rumours surrounding those players, or are they just who you thought should get cut due to the prices attacked to them?

The cap space available seems promising, but who would want to come to Miami? And who is there to get? I guess this is where the fact Miami are 3-10 and not 0-13 makes coming to the club more appealing, because there's not a losing environment.

There are some interesting free agents available:
CJ Anderson - RB
Alfred Morris - RB
Michael Crabtree - WR
Kelvin Benjamin - WR
Josh Doctson - WR
Antonio Brown - WR
Dez Bryant - WR
Martavis Bryant - WR
Eric Berry - S

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 11:15 Dec14 2019 Post ID: 3449329
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,018
+
None of those guys are worth signing. lol
Matt77 Posted: 21:46 Dec14 2019 Post ID: 3449330
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Do you remember CJ Anderson's stats at the back end of the 2018/19 season?

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 08:46 Dec15 2019 Post ID: 3449331
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,018
+
Skewed stats by the good blocking the Rams had last season (but have lost for most of this year). lol
Displaying Page 190 of 190
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 188 | 189 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close