Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Mobile
go

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet Cover Art Legendaries Finally Revealed

Search for a game or topic
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Warrior13 Posted: 08:17 Jun01 2022 Post ID: 3458085
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,054
+

For the first time ever, there will be two different Professors. Not sure if this will play into a past/future theme or one about rivaling schools.

Scarlet Cover Legend is Koraidon, said to be Dragon/Fighting. Violet Cover Legend is Miraidon, said to be Dragon/Electric. Both look like komodo dragons. Probably gonna go Violet, but I will have to see.

Nothing new about the Starters, so we will have to wait some more. New electric mouse, grass olive, and normal pig Pokemon. An NPC was also wearing a shirt that depicted a Tauros, which all but confirms that it will be getting an evolution or Regional Form as expected.

Still no idea about the region name. lol

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Jun 1st 2022 »
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 20:59 Jun01 2022 Post ID: 3458087
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Trailer looked okay. I like the legendary designs and the other ones they've shown. Graphics, as always, look pretty bad, It feels like Pokemon doesn't really have an artistic identity anymore. The games look like cheap mobile games now, something about the art is just unappealing. Not expecting too much different out of the gameplay from SwSh, I'm expecting them to keep the Arceus gameplay in its own series for the most part. I did read something about being able to fight the gyms in any order, which is a nice evolution from the gym differences between SwSh.
Warrior13 Posted: 11:25 Jun02 2022 Post ID: 3458088
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yes, it seems like you can pick whatever path you'd like. That would be very interesting in terms of what Levels and Pokemon the Gyms have and how they vary with game progression. I still want to see if the rumor is true about there being a Gym for every type. I doubt it, though. Some are starting to believe Gym Leader Teams will have themes rather than be focused on one specific type, sort of like a weather team here and something else there.

Graphics seem okay to me, but I don't really know what to look for with that. You seem much more knowledgeable than myself in that regard, Mike, so I'll take you on your word. As long as the story is good, I will be happy.

It will definitely be more like Arceus than Sw/Sh, but I'm sure they do forward some of the stuff from the latter. The co-op gameplay seems interesting, but I doubt it will truly be like traveling with friends. Like your game has to still active all battles for your player and not the other, right?

Also, it is confirmed it will be a past versus future theme. Professor Sada is derived from the Spanish Word for Past, Professor Turo is derived from the Spanish Word for Future. Plus, the Cover Legendaries, who appear will be ridable motorcycles, names translate to Ride of the Past and Ride of the Future in Japanese.
steelersrock01 Posted: 20:27 Jun02 2022 Post ID: 3458091
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Yeah I'm interested to see what they do with the levels too. Maybe they'll have some way of doing it so the first gym you decide to fight is always the lowest and it scales from there. The themes would be a very nice change. Weather team, animal type teams like a "monkey" team, that'd be super cool.

The graphics are fine for Pokemon, I'm just salty and miss the charm of the GBA/DS graphics and feel like they'd make a much better game if they weren't trying to make 3D graphics.

I'm not expecting much for the co-op stuff. It's definitely going to limited somehow, there's no way the whole game is going to be open multiplayer. The battles shouldn't be a problem, other players could just see your character in a generic battling animation or something.

As always, cautiously optimistic. I still haven't gotten to Arceus yet.
Warrior13 Posted: 13:45 Jun03 2022 Post ID: 3458099
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, I would love themed Gym Leader teams. Actually, it would sort of be an aspect that that moved forward from SwSh, as the last gym leader was more of a weather team than a Dragon Team.

Everyone is talking about the co-op, but Imma just play solo. Pretty sure 90+% of people will do so as well, especially the older players. Playing alongside a friend or family member doesn't really pique my interest now that I think about; it's not like it's real life and we're actually living in the world of Pokemon. lol

You gotta play Arceus, Mike. I'm telling you, it's the best since DPP & BW.
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close