Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

WTF America?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 4 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
darkraiarceus911 Posted: 18:45 Nov30 2007 Post ID: 2012974
darkraiarceus911
Post Likes: 0
+
the american government only cares about money and the war was started because bush wanted oil from Iraq so that makes america look greedy and stupid

cheating-is-good Posted: 22:12 Nov30 2007 Post ID: 2013203
cheating-is-go
od
+
On 30-Nov-2007 super craig said:Problem is America is stuck in Iraq, it can't remove troops because it will seem as if they can't handle and went to war for nothing, as the place won't be any better than when they arrived which may make people hate America, but yet their continued present is also a reason why some people hate America so it can't really win.

A good point about it trying to cover up its faults, thats what I was on about when I mentioned them hosting the peace talks for Israel and Palastine, while this is quite well intenioned it is almost certainly being done for that reason, and the fact that the move is so transparent, again may serve to make people hate America more.
True, it would be stupid for the soldiers to leave now, since they've been there for 5 or 6 years. We would be the butt of the jokes world wide. Your right, besides getting Saddam, America hasn't really accomplished anything there besides making more people hate us, and staying there isn't accomplishing anything, it's a lose/lose situation.

Thanks. I remember that, Trying to help others out, when we can't even help ourselves, good it may be, but it's a predictable move on america's part. If we could clean up America, our country could be so much more productive, and we might even decrease people's hate of us in the process.
Great, I'm moving. Who knows when you'll see me again.
v-gamer Posted: 07:25 Dec03 2007 Post ID: 2016778
v-gamer
y so srs?
Post Likes: 4
+
I can see why Bush forced war into Iraq, and why he's still there. He went in there because their leader bluffed by saying he had nuclear weapons or whatever, but then America is still there because they don't want the Iraqi's government to convert to Communism; and we're forcing our governement onto them, but that's not doing ANYTHING better.

I think the biggest reason everyone hates America is because we can't mind our own business and don't realize the lifestyles of other people.
Avatar: In memory of ieatwyverns <3

Thank you, Vasco <3
sworder1 Posted: 13:33 Dec03 2007 Post ID: 2017060
sworder1
+
Ya but most Americans are not happy about Bush sending or troops into Iraq I agree on some points. We should have pulled out after the threat of weapons of mass destruction passed or we should find Osama (if hes still alive) then after we kill him pull out or troops then let all the Iraqi's kill themselves, we should mind our own business for a change.

Favorite Games:
1. Gears of War (Best Game Ever!!!)
2. Final Fantasy Series (FF7 forever)
3. F.E.A.R. Series (Very Creepy and Good)
4. Guitar Hero 1,2,&3 (Less Talk More Rokk by FreezePop...rock on!)
5. Rachet and Clank Series (Favorite Lombax and little robot duo)
6. Call of Duty Series (Take Cover and Kick Some @$$!!!)
Catharsis Posted: 16:34 Dec03 2007 Post ID: 2017334
Catharsis
One thought fills immensity.
+
On 03-Dec-2007 sworder1 said:Ya but most Americans are not happy about Bush sending or troops into Iraq I agree on some points. We should have pulled out after the threat of weapons of mass destruction passed or we should find Osama (if hes still alive) then after we kill him pull out or troops then let all the Iraqi's kill themselves, we should mind our own business for a change.
"We should have pulled out after the threat of weapons of mass destruction passed or we should find Osama (if hes still alive)"

1. Don't you think it's even slightly hypocritical that America, the nuclear superpower, is telling other countries that they can't produce weapons of mass destruction themselves?
2. Osama bin Laden is believed to be hiding in Afghanistan or Pakistan.

Signature and avatar made by Master Volthawk.
Email/MSN: empyrean decadence at hotmail dot com (Remove all spaces)

"Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius." - William Blake.

Winner of Member Brawl '09. Finally cleared out enough sig space to include that.
super craig Posted: 16:37 Dec03 2007 Post ID: 2017338
super craig
Post Likes: 1
+
On 03-Dec-2007 Catharsis said:"We should have pulled out after the threat of weapons of mass destruction passed or we should find Osama (if hes still alive)"

1. Don't you think it's even slightly hypocritical that America, the nuclear superpower, is telling other countries that they can't produce weapons of mass destruction themselves?
2. Osama bin Laden is believed to be hiding in Afghanistan or Pakistan.
Thats whats got Iran mad, the fact that America has them yet won't let Iran develop the technology, even if Iran say they aren't going to make weapons with them, just energy.
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

sworder1 Posted: 13:35 Dec04 2007 Post ID: 2018039
sworder1
+
I don't have a problem with other countries making nuclear weapons but the fact that these countries "hate" us is what makes me uneasy cause would you really want a country that hates you to make nukes?

Favorite Games:
Kenny 2x4 Posted: 13:46 Dec04 2007 Post ID: 2018050
Kenny 2x4
+
On 03-Dec-2007 super craig said:Thats whats got Iran mad, the fact that America has them yet won't let Iran develop the technology, even if Iran say they aren't going to make weapons with them, just energy.
In any case Saddam Hussein might have been a necessary evil in our world. Iran or Iraq (I get mixed up) may very well be a country that requires dictatorship.
Status = Part Time.

[b][color=red][size=12]I am the car expert! So I've been told. lol[/b]
Check it out
super craig Posted: 16:07 Dec04 2007 Post ID: 2018240
super craig
+
On 04-Dec-2007 sworder1 said:I don't have a problem with other countries making nuclear weapons but the fact that these countries "hate" us is what makes me uneasy cause would you really want a country that hates you to make nukes?
A fair point, but don't you think America would be better off trying to make Iran hate them less, instead of going down a path that makes them hate America even more. Its not even like insisting Iran doesn't make nuclear technology is working, they are just going to go ahead anyway.

Catharsis Posted: 17:37 Dec04 2007 Post ID: 2018397
Catharsis
One thought fills immensity.
+
On 04-Dec-2007 sworder1 said:I don't have a problem with other countries making nuclear weapons but the fact that these countries "hate" us is what makes me uneasy cause would you really want a country that hates you to make nukes?
To be honest, I wouldn't particularly care - Britain's nuclear arsenal is more than sufficient to act as a deterrent to any nuclear attack. Ever heard of MAD? Mutually Assured Destruction - You nuke us, we nuke you.

Seeing as the USA has one of the largest (if not the largest, I don't know for certain) nuclear arsenals in the world, I seriously doubt that anyone would dare start a nuclear war, particularly if their nuclear arsenal is new and relatively undeveloped (Iran is unlikely to be able to produce even a single nuclear weapon before 2013 - I doubt they'll try and take on the US with it).

There isn't any proof that Iran is developing nuclear weapons anyway - they claim their nuclear programme is for energy production. Of course, when the US was supporting the program, no-one was claiming that it was a cover for nuclear weapon development...

Signature and avatar made by Master Volthawk.
Email/MSN: empyrean decadence at hotmail dot com (Remove all spaces)

"Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius." - William Blake.

Winner of Member Brawl '09. Finally cleared out enough sig space to include that.
hulkman62 Posted: 22:02 Dec07 2007 Post ID: 2021745
hulkman62
+
They are probably sick of the U.S getting into other countries buisness Like Iraq and other past wars witch cause that country to become the center of attention to everyone Anxious

thx so much goal machine for my new siggy that i can use sense im back in SC

thx neko thx galade
super craig Posted: 06:54 Dec10 2007 Post ID: 2025178
super craig
+
On 09-Dec-2007 Bronco11 said:And here we have a clown. I'm not even going to go any further because arguing with fools is a waste of my time.
You'll have to elborate more, saying that has added nothing to the discussion.

Bronco11 Posted: 16:15 Dec10 2007 Post ID: 2025806
Bronco11
+
On 27-Nov-2007 Kenny 2x4 said:Various reasons why we hate America
Sports-wise: we made the original Football game, but Americans being the decendants of the convicts sent there during the Victorian era or whatever it era it was decided: oh we'll call it Soccer! They then called there own football game which has no real reference to foot being close to the ball and is also the more decendant, but worse version of Rugby. Rugby being the real man's sport.
As people have said before: George W. Bush enough said.
Changing the spelling of the word: colour to color.
Aluminium to Aluminum Corrected ? Cross Stinger
And god knows what else.
And the following video is not for provocative reasons, but I came across it here.
It does contain like one swear word so IDK and I also admit some of the stuff in there isn't common knowledge, but other stuff was like the Triangle.
Craig, because he's basically saying that Football is not a man's sport. And oh yeah, Football is started with a kickoff, which is why we call it Football..... Oh, and the term soccer originated in England..... Which is why we call it soccer in America. Basically a post made by a troll just to stir up contreversy, which is why I refused to elaborate on it earlier.
super craig Posted: 17:53 Dec10 2007 Post ID: 2026064
super craig
+
On 10-Dec-2007 Bronco11 said:Craig, because he's basically saying that Football is not a man's sport. And oh yeah, Football is started with a kickoff, which is why we call it Football..... Oh, and the term soccer originated in England..... Which is why we call it soccer in America. Basically a post made by a troll just to stir up contreversy, which is why I refused to elaborate on it earlier.
I can appreciate that but I find that rather than simply stating that you don't like it, it is far better to argue against it using evidence and well just debate it, which you now have.

Camerupt773 Posted: 20:49 Dec10 2007 Post ID: 2026466
Camerupt773
+
He's stating facts that the troll whoever wrote that post overlooked.

And I think the other country's are just jealous of our babes. Smile
Shadow_Lord Posted: 11:21 Dec11 2007 Post ID: 2026899
Shadow_Lord
+
So Kenny's a troll for overlooking certain facts and yet you're not for calling him a troll...?

You don't exactly seem to be looking at all the facts yourself.
[center]
Signature credited to Nathan (or whatever he decides to call himself next)

MSN address: yamiken (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk
[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
Kenny 2x4 Posted: 15:37 Dec11 2007 Post ID: 2027248
Kenny 2x4
+
Thanks guys for calling me a troll -_-. Really appreciate when I was merely contributing to the discussion and my opinion.
Status = Part Time.

[b][color=red][size=12]I am the car expert! So I've been told. lol[/b]
Check it out
cheating-is-good Posted: 22:25 Dec11 2007 Post ID: 2028004
cheating-is-go
od
+
Your not a troll dude, you were just saying your opinion. If they can't accept that, then they're the trolls.(not calling you people trolls)
Great, I'm moving. Who knows when you'll see me again.
Fusion_Blastoise Posted: 16:51 Dec12 2007 Post ID: 2028829
Fusion_Blastoi
se
+
For starters, Americans aren't the most liked people because they are currenly the nation in power. I personaly dispise the American culture and learning system and the way it is rubbing off on us. I also dislike the whole American attitude that they're better than everyone else. Another thing that I really hate is the fact that 3/4 of the population don't even know about the rest of the world. I don't know, it's just a general feeling of hatred towards the U.S.A.

That videoposted was done by the Chasers. Funniest show on Australian telly!

« Last edited by Fusion_Blastoise on Dec 12th 2007 »

Credit to Ozzo for this firggin awesome sig!
Olimar rules on Brawl!

Brawl Details:
FC: 3180-5394-7053
Name: Fuse

sworder1 Posted: 12:50 Dec14 2007 Post ID: 2031021
sworder1
+
On 12-Dec-2007 Fusion_Blastoise said:For starters, Americans aren't the most liked people because they are currenly the nation in power. I personaly dispise the American culture and learning system and the way it is rubbing off on us. I also dislike the whole American attitude that they're better than everyone else. Another thing that I really hate is the fact that 3/4 of the population don't even know about the rest of the world. I don't know, it's just a general feeling of hatred towards the U.S.A.

That videoposted was done by the Chasers. Funniest show on Australian telly!
I can understand what your saying but how are systems of learning and otherwise rub off on other countries is not "completely" our fault, and ya I agree lot's of us do have the "were better than you attitude" but not all of us are out to brag or make it seem like that. I guess it's just because everyone in America has there own opinion on certain subjects it makes other people who mean well look like bad people who have that "bad" attitude.

Favorite Games:
Displaying Page 4 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 184782

Post Top
Click to close