Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Homosexuality Debates

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 7 of 38
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | ... | 36 | 37 | Last     Previous | Next
Shadow_Lord Posted: 16:35 Sep06 2008 Post ID: 2414042
Shadow_Lord
Post Likes: 0
+
[b][i]"We are talking about homosexuality...not love."[/b][/i]

And yet the two are inextricably linked. To imply that there can be no love in a homosexual relationship is frankly ignorant, as I'm sure no end of people in such relationships can testify.

[b][i]"And sure, so everyone in China should be gay huh? You should run for president there."[/b][/i]

That's an oversimplification and you know it. The world is overpopulated, and not just China, although it's probably the best example. But that doesn't mean everyone has to be gay; implying that it does is merely creating a false dichotomy, almost as if you're suggesting that the entire human race must be either heterosexual or homosexual.
[center]
Signature credited to Nathan (or whatever he decides to call himself next)

MSN address: yamiken (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk
[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
MMMEEE Posted: 17:40 Sep06 2008 Post ID: 2414298
MMMEEE
Forum GuestMember
+
I've asked my uncle and his boyfreind about their being gay. They say that it wasn't really a choice but it just happened. They said they feel as if they were meant to be gay. And i'm sure alot of people kinda have the same thing (bi/gay) but won't come out of the closet. (only word i could think of about hiding it.)

The repoduction thing... Hello guys even gay guys sell sperm to sperm banks and gay women do go to those to impregnate themselves you know. Therefore I woud not find the reproduction thing a problem.
super craig Posted: 17:49 Sep06 2008 Post ID: 2414323
super craig
Post Likes: 1
+
I don't think anyone sets out to be gay, whether it is genetic or as a result of various other factors people are just gay, they don't really have a choice in the matter. One thing for the genetic side though is that scientists were able to create a batch of gay fruit flys, I think it was, by altering some of their genes, whether this is similar to in humans I'm not sure.

@MMMEEE: Good point about the reproduction thing, though I think it gets into difficulty regarding bringing the child up, whether a child needs a 'normal' family to be raised properly.

« Last edited by super craig on Sep 6th 2008 »
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

MMMEEE Posted: 18:07 Sep06 2008 Post ID: 2414363
MMMEEE
Forum GuestMember
+
Well craig maybe the resulting of a gay human has something to do with the genes just like the fruit flys. Maybe like my uncle and his boyfreind say it's not a choice it just happens. Maybe when gay humans are born they were born with genetic problems. Like how some are born with things like autism. (probally not spelt right.)
Conjoined twins, an extra limb, deformations. All genetics. Maybe Homosexualism is in the same catgory... hmm.

And maybe I have way to many 'maybe's in here...

anyway. People are raised everyday without a mother. or without a father. Maybe 2 mothers or 2 fathers (adoption) would not be so bad. After you will have another person to depend on should something happen to the other. I don't think it would be too much of a problem... might take some time to get used to though.
Oddity Posted: 21:58 Sep06 2008 Post ID: 2414774
Oddity
Forum GuestMember
+
Okay, as a Christian, I'm going to say that the Christian views of homosexuality are absolute bulls**t. Oddity's opinion:

Ok, this thread is for debates relating to homosexuality. I suppose it might end up being a bit messy, but we can always split it if it doesn't work, I guess.
- Your personal views on gay rights: Gay people are just like you and me, with different sexual preferences. It doesn't change anything. Just because they like people of their own gender doesn't mean anything. I'm pretty sure they play videogames, go on forums, chat on the internet, play sports, live, breathe, bleed and crap just the same as we do.
- Whether or not homosexuality is a "choice": Homosexuality is sometimes a choice - it's not mine, but I think it depends that some are born gay, rather than become gay later in life. I do suppose it's the same rule for bisexuals.
- The issue of gay marriage - yes or no?: If two people love each other enough, who are the politicians to deny their right to express that love through marriage?
- Religious views on gay marriage (Yes, this is actually debatable, to a point) I don't care. No matter what the Christians think, and I believe in God, I can't see him condemning someone to burn in hell for loving one another.

There is my giant opinion on homosexuality, and I hope it was a good read.

« Last edited by Oddity on Sep 8th 2008 »
Hi. How's it going? Good?
Shadow_Lord Posted: 05:54 Sep07 2008 Post ID: 2414927
Shadow_Lord
+
[b][i]"Homosexuality is always a choice"[/b][/i]

Most gay people would, I believe, disagree with you there. See some of Catharsis' recent posts.

Other than that, I agree with your views, minus the part about being a Christian, of course.
[center]
Signature credited to Nathan (or whatever he decides to call himself next)

MSN address: yamiken (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk
[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
Oddity Posted: 02:33 Sep08 2008 Post ID: 2416383
Oddity
Forum GuestMember
+
I misinterpreted the question, Shadow_Lord. I just corrected my error.
Hi. How's it going? Good?
g33k Posted: 17:43 Sep22 2008 Post ID: 2433274
g33k
Mr. Lurker
+
On 05-Sep-2008 Chaos H8 said:idiot one of them was a quote reply the other was a real post therefore your reasoning FAILS
Don't insult the staff. Please! You don't need a report written up do you? Post deleted.
Are you ready to meet GOD?

Thanks for the Avy goes to Tank! Sig by me.
Emiliano Zapata said:It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!

Clicking this is bad for your brains.
Chaos H8 Posted: 02:45 Oct02 2008 Post ID: 2442812
Chaos H8
+
for one you mean ANOTHER report written and no Homosexuality isn't a choice in some situations i didn't wake up and say oh today i am going to start being Bisexual, i've known since i could remember that i was attracted to guys and girls as well but i just put it off as i was growing up and everyone felt like that, but i realized that people hated you for feeling like and i hated myself for feeling like that so i tried and tried to cover it up but no matter how much you try to cover it up you will always be gay/bi/straight and in the end you have to accept yourself before you can even begin to let anyone know who you really are. Gay/Lesbians/Bisexuals are just like Straight people(god help us) except we fall in love and have a sexual choosing of the same sex or both sexes. Just because we are in love with someone of the same sex doesnt mean we aren't normal. If i had to choose between a guy and girl for the most part i would choose a guy(except that fact i chose a girl) because men are more entertaining, caring, and get jealous quicker. Gay's, Lesbian's, and Bisexual's are classified as different cause who we date/sleep with/marry. Its complete and utter bullshit to think a human can possibly thing that. There were gay animals before there were straight humans so how do you classify it as not natural?

« Last edited by Chaos H8 on Oct 2nd 2008 »
Oddball Posted: 05:41 Oct02 2008 Post ID: 2442852
Oddball
+
Yeah I noticed one male dog humping another male dog once. Animals are natural, so I guess.....
Check out my video blog at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxVKEWusSAk
imaloony8.0 Posted: 16:48 Nov02 2008 Post ID: 2469081
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
- Your personal views on gay rights - Does the Declaration of Independence (Obviously, this just applies to people who live in America...) not say that "All men are created equal"? All people have rights, no matter of sex, race or, in this case, sexuality.
- Whether or not homosexuality is a "choice" - I don't believe so. I think some men are just more attracted to men than women, or vice versa. It may be genetic or whatever, but I really don't think you can really say: "You know what? I think today, I'll start being gay." I mean, think about it for a moment: Do you have the choice of what your natural hair color will be? What about your skin color? Your eye color? Sex? Then why is homosexuality any different?
- The issue of gay marriage - yes or no? - Yes. Just because you love someone of the same sex does not mean that you shouldn't be allowed to marry them. Marriage should be allowed for all, not just "straight" people.
- Religious views on gay marriage - The Bible says that marriage is a bond between a man and a woman, but some people take this too literally. God may have not predicted that some people would be attracted to people of their own sex, but I'm sure he has no problem with it as long as there is love within their heart. I mean, in my example above: "All men are created equal" does that not also apply to women? People need to stop taking the bible so literally...

« Last edited by imaloony8.0 on Nov 2nd 2008 »

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
Starkiller3 Posted: 18:42 Nov02 2008 Post ID: 2469166
Starkiller3
+
this is my religious view on homosexuality

Jude 1:7

Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
-King James Version

Note the bolded text "strange flesh"

Many people make the mistake of looking for the exact word "homosexuality" and reject all words that may mean the same thing.

I also have a story.
In this story both the great cities (Sodom and Gomorrha) were destroyed because of their sexual immorality. There was a man named Lot, who was Abraham's nephew, he traveled with Abraham. Lot had a wife who also traveled with them. they went to Sodom to warn everyone, but they all ignored them, so an angel of heaven came down to destroy the city. When Abraham, Lot and his wife were fleeing, the wife looked back to the city which was being destroyed, God had turned her into a pillar of salt. So I interpret that as a moral, If we look back to prosititutes, and homosexuality then us too, will be destoyed.

« Last edited by Starkiller3 on Nov 2nd 2008 »

Sig by me avy by Namek

I accept this award, knowing that none of you did anything to help me
~Hugh Grant
Oddball Posted: 03:55 Nov03 2008 Post ID: 2469357
Oddball
+
The Bible sucks. There is many ways you could interpret 'strange flesh'. They could have been riddled with STDs, and that would explain the sexual immorality. Religeon is all upto interpretation. Strange flesh = homosexuality? How did they get that idea? No, I think if God would condemn all gays to hell just because of sexual preference or that they weren't going to pop out a few kids, then God isn't all loving and therefore it isn't logical that he could exist. So basically, if you are saying that God hates gays because of their love for each other, he isn't all loving and therefore condradicts all things in the bible, rendering him fake. Who really says God hates gays? The Churches.
Starkiller3 Posted: 16:53 Nov03 2008 Post ID: 2469653
Starkiller3
+
God doesnt hate gays

~John 14:6
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me.

World English Bible

As you probably heard in the existance of God topic, that same bible verse from one of my posts, you also heard that if you are gay, chances are you're not christian THAT'S why gays are doomed to hell.

Sig by me avy by Namek

~Hugh Grant
super craig Posted: 18:04 Nov03 2008 Post ID: 2469777
super craig
+
God had turned her into a pillar of salt. So I interpret that as a moral, If we look back to prosititutes, and homosexuality then us too, will be destoyed.

To put this how I feel, what the hell? He punished the wife who moments earlier had been carrying out Gods word and trying to help these people? Thats pretty messed up. For an all loving God he certainly partakes in a fair bit of destroying and murdering.

So if you believe that God doesn't hate gays and is totally fine with them, then do you believe its fine to have gay priests and what not?

« Last edited by super craig on Nov 3rd 2008 »

Starkiller3 Posted: 18:07 Nov03 2008 Post ID: 2469782
Starkiller3
+
you didnt read the whole story ill copy and paste the bit that you are ignoring.

When Abraham, Lot and his wife were fleeing, the wife looked back to the city which was being destroyed, God had turned her into a pillar of salt.

Sig by me avy by Namek

~Hugh Grant
imaloony8.0 Posted: 22:33 Nov03 2008 Post ID: 2470254
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
I honestly don't understand what you're talking about, translation please. I mean, she was running, she looked over her shoulder, and got turned into a block of salt? I really don't understand.

My next door neighbors are gay, and I believe they're christian. Does that mean they're doomed to hell? Most certainly not. Even more so, I really find it hard to believe that God just looks over your life and stamps you off to heaven or hell. After all, God is forgiving, if they had truly done something God didn't like, don't you believe that he would be given the chance to repent.

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
Oddball Posted: 23:12 Nov03 2008 Post ID: 2470265
Oddball
+
Loony McLoon (Sorry, looked at your sig and thought it'd be funny), I totally agree. I mean why would you get turned into a pillar of salt for looking back?
rust45 Posted: 23:46 Nov03 2008 Post ID: 2470272
rust45
+
I also agree with loonybin.(yes I have joined the cult, and you shall keep this name) I just need to mention something, I'm not sure if someone else has mentioned this but I don't think gays reasons for being gay are genetic, I mean if you think about it, one of their parents would have to have been gay at least, but yet they would've had a child, it makes no sense to me that a gay person would have a child, but I still don't think gays just choose to be gay, environments can have a huge affect on how a person develops, and say they had gay role models or they got close connections to their friends of the same gender, that may make those people gay.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Name:Towns FC:0430 7936 6438

Avy=Genki Sig=Genki
super craig Posted: 01:52 Nov04 2008 Post ID: 2470291
super craig
+
On 03-Nov-2008 Starkiller3 said:you didnt read the whole story ill copy and paste the bit that you are ignoring.

When Abraham, Lot and his wife were fleeing, the wife looked back to the city which was being destroyed, God had turned her into a pillar of salt.
I didn't ignore that bit at all, she merely looked backed physically, its not as if she was even partaking with any of the stuff going on in the towns, and as far as I can see was doing sod all to warrant that sort of punishment.

Displaying Page 7 of 38
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | ... | 36 | 37 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close