Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

2012, Do you believe?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 5 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous
Cyberrich Posted: 16:03 Jun21 2008 Post ID: 2292295
Cyberrich
Post Likes: 0
+
On 21-Jun-2008 ShadowsTM said:Proper grammar would be nice seeing as it is a rule for the forum. Although you were correct about the red dwarf, if we are not gone by then, we will be after that
My bad for the bad grammar, I was just on aim. Also there could be other things that could end our planet earlier like a plaque or something.

Thank you dark_wolf!

Previously Saix

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
abigurl Posted: 20:50 Jun21 2008 Post ID: 2292570
abigurl
+
No. I think the Aztecs, or whatever tribe came up with and "end" day or full of it. Are they still around today? I don't think so. So when 2012 comes around I know that im not going to explode -_-
signatures suck..
i paired with: poke.addicted, Shadows™, Superbeast, king26,shadowoblivion. I have to many of them. for those who care: [email protected]< IM
gamefreakgabe Posted: 01:35 Jun25 2008 Post ID: 2297279
gamefreakgabe
+
Eh, I think their is a chance for it. Mostly because a bunch of n00bs in different areas thought so. xD But yeah, I wanted to watch those videos pretty bad...But they where so boring...I fell asleep during the second one hehe.. Brick Wall

« Last edited by gamefreakgabe on Jun 25th 2008 »

I DEMAND MOAR VESPENE GAS
ShadowsTM Posted: 01:51 Jun26 2008 Post ID: 2298633
ShadowsTM
+
On 21-Jun-2008 abigurl said:No. I think the Aztecs, or whatever tribe came up with and "end" day or full of it. Are they still around today? I don't think so. So when 2012 comes around I know that im not going to explode -_-
Any proof. You KNOW your not going to explode you don't know you presume, really any of us could say that, it's like I'm never going to die, which I am so really, unless you have evidence you can't say that

Jordan

MMMEEE Posted: 17:59 Jul19 2008 Post ID: 2336686
MMMEEE
Forum GuestMember
+
From Shadows first post in this thread > "Lots of people have heard the rumors of the end of the world in 2012. the theory says that in December 2012 all the planets will be in line and a doomsday planet will knock the planets out of orbit and cause the planets to be dragged into the sun."

Eh... isn't the force that hold us in place the suns gravity? It has a strong gravity so it pulls us toward it like an apple falling. If gravity pulls things toward something else, doesn't that mean that one day we will be pulled into the sun by its gravuty. and at that won't the moon be pulled into earth?

Just a question to this thread.
ShadowsTM Posted: 04:51 Jul21 2008 Post ID: 2338653
ShadowsTM
+
^ No, The gravity force is enough to hold us in place, but not enough to drag us in yet. The suns gravity is what puts us in our orbit. If we were knocked by something else, this could disturb the balance and send us into the sun.

Jordan

Blacklist1 Posted: 19:47 Jul21 2008 Post ID: 2339914
Blacklist1
+
I will never believe in this. It's complete rubbish. No scientits/normal person can prove it.

Credit for sig/avy goes to Tbug.

[center] [size=13]Click My Signature![/center]
Mr.Clueless Posted: 16:43 Jul27 2008 Post ID: 2349209
Mr.Clueless
Post Likes: 1
+
This theory is because of a set of religiuos misinterpertations.

First of all, the age of the world is split up into twelve sections, or twelve "ages". we are currently in the age of Pisces. This is also known as the age of Jesus in Biblical terms. When the end of this age comes, there will be the dawn of a new age, the age of Aquarius. In the Bible (New Testament?), there is a typo, where Jesus says "I will follow you until the end of this world", where he was referring to 2012, when the ages transfer from the age of Pisces (Jesus) to the age of Aquarius (Andrew and Paul, I think). What is was meant to say, was "I will follow you to the end of this age".
Most religions/cultures follow this timeline of ages, and a lot of their cultures/religions, for whatever reasons, also saw this changing of ages as the end of the world.
And so he said, "and there will be delicious cake", and with those words, I said, "I see what you did there..."
Cybertron Posted: 13:38 Aug06 2008 Post ID: 2366269
Cybertron
+
On 12-Mar-2008 Kenny 2x4 said:Like others I believe this "Doomday" thing is utter nonsense.
There've probably been numerous times in the universes timeline where in our galaxy, the Milky Way and other galaxies such as Andromeda have had all the planets lines up together and nothing has happened.
If something were to happen just because of this one time there has to be something else to be happening as well as just the planets coming in align with each other.
So nothing will happen. I stand by that as I have explained.
It's probably happened several times before our time that all our 7 (Neptune got kicked off recently) planets have been in align.
Wtf? When did Neptune get kicked off? Pluto did never heard that Neptune did.Shame
Join Halo 360(my team)IGamerzcentral(my site)

Godsarmor, not a member of SC made the sig and Vasco for avy
CrunkJuice Posted: 14:27 Aug07 2008 Post ID: 2367927
CrunkJuice
Forum GuestMember
+
On 11-Mar-2008 Flareon Dude_ said:Well, a whole group of people once believed a man just like this and did everything that he said. Next day, they all have a big meeting, hundreds of people gathered, and they have a party to celebrate their life. At the same time, in unison, they had a toast, and all took a big sip of punch.

Next thing you know, you got hundreds of cult followers dead because they drank the punch; hence the many numerous hilarious jokes made in recent times.

Anywho, I believe that this is Grade-A bull ****. All that the man predicted is mere coincidence and nothing more. He was no psychic, no prophet, no messiah amongst us. He is just a cult leader who has negatively brainwashed people into believing utter nonsense.

Also, near-everything in our universe is cyclic. That means, if it happens once, chances are that it will happen again. The last planet alignment, if I am not mistaken, was not too long ago. It will not happen for another couple of decades, if not, centuries. There goes your chaos theory.

Also, this doomsday planet.....

Not gonna happen. An object in motion will remain in motion until acted upon by an outside force. That means, something must be moving pretty damn fast if it's gonna move all 9 planets. Regardless, something even bigger than that 'doomsday planet' would have to move it with enough force to begin with. Also, it is impossible to move the Jovian planets. They are spheres of condensed gases that are caught in the Sun's orbit. If anything were to whiz by the Jovian planets, their gravity-pull would have some force on the passing object, either pulling it in and burning it up, or setting it off course. Basically, nothing that big in our known universe will ever come near us or even be able to destroy all 9 planets.

"doomsday planet will knock the planets out of orbit and cause the planets to be dragged into the sun."

Also, impossible. It is even theoretically impossible, but if were even to happen, a planet would move just a couple hundred thousand miles, and that doesn't even necessarily mean that it will go towards the Sun. It would move and either start a new orbit, or move back into it's original orbit.

This is but a mere chaos theory, one that has absolutely no back-up evidence besides a man who got really, really lucky.
just so you know more than one person predicted the end of the world chinese, mayan, aztec and many other anchient civilizations all predicted same date
super craig Posted: 16:01 Aug07 2008 Post ID: 2368270
super craig
Post Likes: 1
+
On 07-Aug-2008 CrunkJuice said:just so you know more than one person predicted the end of the world chinese, mayan, aztec and many other anchient civilizations all predicted same date
People predict the end of the world all of the time, if its not one year its the next and we have already past tons of those dates and yet I'm still here posting.

Also how did all of them predict the same year, when each ancient civilisation used different calenders and none of them used dates like 2012 as far as I'm aware? As for the Mayans they could predict the end of the world but couldn't predict when they would be wiped out which would have been just slightly important. If they couldn't predict that then theres no reason why they could get anything else right.

Besides if it all goes wrong on Saturday when they fire up the Hadron Collider then we might not have to wait until 2012 Smile
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

ShadowsTM Posted: 03:06 Aug08 2008 Post ID: 2369052
ShadowsTM
+
Oh , I get your point now about the different dates.
And by the way whats the ' Hadron collider '

Jordan

Jirachi X Posted: 03:13 Aug08 2008 Post ID: 2369058
Jirachi X
Post Likes: 2
+
The only 2012 disaster situation likely of coming true is the fuel crisis. Its predicted that it will be gone by 2012.
I'm gone - bye
ShadowsTM Posted: 03:38 Sep01 2008 Post ID: 2407058
ShadowsTM
+
Good point, To be honest I dont believe 2012 anymore, why should I, we has the oylmpics!

Jordan

Oddity Posted: 03:36 Sep04 2008 Post ID: 2410817
Oddity
Forum GuestMember
+
My opinion is a little overdue but in my defense I just joined SC. Personally, I do think the end is long overdue. I mean look at the polar ice caps melting, shortages of fuel, War, famine, plus I am a bit of a paranormal sucker so I do believe that the predictions of Nostradamus and Edgar Cayce and some others that point to 2012 being the end of the world could very well be right. I'm hoping they're false, but with the Russia/Georgia conflict and now Russia is making threats on Poland the situation isn't looking bright for the future.
Hi. How's it going? Good?
ShadowsTM Posted: 00:59 Sep08 2008 Post ID: 2416362
ShadowsTM
+
Well, thats a point, if the world does end in 2012 it'll most likely be from a war.

Jordan

Displaying Page 5 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close