Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon FireRed

Team Rating Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 32 of 38
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 36 | 37 | Last     Previous | Next
TEAM KA LEADER Posted at: 22:21 Aug25 2006 Post ID: 1010358
TEAM KA LEADER
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
:P, your always so argumentive SS5 lol

Well in-game, alot of the Stat-upper moves are hard to use. I prefer (personally) to use physical moves :P
[b][color=red]ALL NEED FOR SPEED CARBON LOVERS, MUST CHECK OUT MY SITE!
www.nfscarboncontenders.t83.net Forums coming soon! If your interested in helping with the forums, e-mail me, or talk to me... or something...
nintendo_dude Posted at: 07:51 Aug26 2006 Post ID: 1010631
nintendo_dude
Post Likes: 1
+
+
KA, on the Mewtwo replace Flamethrower with Calm Mind. You won't need Flamethrower, since nothing can resist both Ice and Electric moves, save for Special Walls. Psychic is STAB, and it kicks ***. I don't like Recover in-game though. You have things called items that heal more than Recover can in critical situations. Recover in NB though.

I'm finished here...

Special thanks to Yossy666 for the avatar and signature images.
ShadowGX Posted at: 17:48 Aug26 2006 Post ID: 1012123
ShadowGX
+
+
On 25-Aug-2006 SS5 vageto said:Um, in the standard Metagame, not all the moves on Curse set for Swampy are Physical, Surf/Hydro Pump are good for physical walls that hinder some Cursers. Venusaur, needs more of a change then an added Sleep Powder move, but I won't complain, but if that was your only TM26, and you're not using GS/AR, then you made a horrible choice in the moveset structure. Dragon Dance is acceptable ingame too, but I don't really think Rest is all that necessary. "Char should have this set: Flamethrower, Earthquake, Dragon Claw, Aerial Ace. " - I hope that statement doesn't also impact for competitive play ;(

Psychic
Icebeam
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt

Its a really reliable moveset ;)

Calm Mind+Recover outdoes that set ANYday.
If yur gonna waste time with Curse you should try for all physical. Otherwise there is no pint to Curse IMO. Just Quake without it.

Venusaur needs to be able to have time to do things an' Sleep Powder is a good filler for the set he has. I'd like to hear what you think is a good set for Venusaur. He's got a crap move pool really.

As for Char, that is a very good set. RS would be good as a replacement for DC, but other than that I dun get what yur talkin' 'bout there. Provide what you think would be a tolerable set here as well.

As ND said for the Mewtwo set. I still love Recover though. xP

Just to make sure, none of that was to seem... crabby as I should say. I'm simply curious about yur opinions, as long as you don't go all evil on me like before. I don't have to take it anymore. Oh, an' should I be expectin' Cipher back too? Seems yur all comin' back, 'least the ones who aren't banned. I'd like to be prepped.
Baby I like it.
ShadowGX Posted at: 17:53 Aug26 2006 Post ID: 1012129
ShadowGX
+
+
On 25-Aug-2006 TEAM KA LEADER said::P, your always so argumentive SS5 lol

Well in-game, alot of the Stat-upper moves are hard to use. I prefer (personally) to use physical moves :P
That's what I used to say, then I got the nOOb stamp. Why am I the only one that gets it??? I hate Calm Mind an' Bulk Up an' all them other ***-heads myself, but everyone loved 'em. -_-
Baby I like it.
MasterMilotic Posted at: 20:28 Aug27 2006 Post ID: 1014990
MasterMilotic
+
+
Calm Mind is a good move to use competitively. And another great option ingame. But trainers aren't good ingame anyway.
ShadowGX Posted at: 21:48 Aug27 2006 Post ID: 1015181
ShadowGX
+
+
I still don't see the point of them in-game. "To each his own" comes into play here. Sometimes those moves are good fillers, like on Kyo.
Baby I like it.
shinny zapdos Posted at: 11:48 Aug28 2006 Post ID: 1015665
shinny zapdos
Forum GuestMember
+
+
calm mind is good against battle frontier but this isn't emerald..

thanks to Cross Stinger for the avy and sigSmile
ShadowGX Posted at: 14:53 Aug28 2006 Post ID: 1015898
ShadowGX
+
+
Even in BF I hate it. 'Cept in maybe the Battle Factory.
Baby I like it.
TEAM KA LEADER Posted at: 21:08 Aug28 2006 Post ID: 1017088
TEAM KA LEADER
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Calm Mind is only really good in battles that may take time...

(Oh and WOOT!, I got the Mod spot here :D)
www.nfscarboncontenders.t83.net Forums coming soon! If your interested in helping with the forums, e-mail me, or talk to me... or something...
nintendo_dude Posted at: 06:49 Aug29 2006 Post ID: 1017506
nintendo_dude
+
+
Stat upper haters eh? Calm Mind can mark the difference between a win and a loss. Same with Bulk Up and Swords Dance (my favourite). Even walls can have trouble with maxed out stats. It also helps you keep your PP for future battles, like in the Elite Four.

I'm finished here...

ShadowGX Posted at: 15:59 Aug29 2006 Post ID: 1018283
ShadowGX
+
+
Stat ups suck an' you should know by now how much I dispise them ND. xD Do you forget?

Anyways, to preserve the arguement, if yur goin' stat upper vs. stat upper an' you both start out an' it's sp. vs. sp. or attack vs. attack, then it's really only about speed in that case. I don't mind uppin' speed JIC of BP to Meta, which works great in NB. CB + Agility Meta is hard to stop, 'specially if I get a Subby in. In-game, the reason I don't use them is the simple fact that it is in-game an' there aren't very hard trainers.
Baby I like it.
TEAM KA LEADER Posted at: 00:07 Aug30 2006 Post ID: 1019318
TEAM KA LEADER
Forum GuestMember
+
+
QOUTE:I don't use them is the simple fact that it is in-game an' there aren't very hard trainers.

Finally some one realises!!!

Its so obvious, they arent really needed, the strongest pokemon that will pump out EXP is Metagross LV 58 of Steven
nintendo_dude Posted at: 07:17 Aug30 2006 Post ID: 1019542
nintendo_dude
+
+
Shadow: Just because you hate them it doesn't mean they suck. Scizor is your favourite pok�mon right? Unless he has Swords Dance I don't see why he would be your favourite. He rocks with Swords Dance. But isn't as good without it.

KA: Using stat uppers makes them so easy it's laughable.

Seriously, if you two combined six pok�mon each against me (that's twelve to six) I would still pwn you. Understand? Good! because I've quite had enough of people downgarding stat upper moves when they don't have a clue what they are talking about.

I'm finished here...

shot_calla51 Posted at: 16:04 Aug30 2006 Post ID: 1020147
shot_calla51
+
+
Stat changes is what makes the pokemon go around, Groudon with like 3 swords dances pawns all, Snorlax with belly drum can pawn, Charizard with bellydrum pawns, kyogre with calm mind pawns, you have to thing about how your attack is and how you can increase it to the max.

The day has arrived where I put in my very own signature with Fiend Codes:
SSBB = 0259-0069-0106
Pokemon Diamond = 4596 9316 5087
ShadowGX Posted at: 16:06 Aug30 2006 Post ID: 1020150
ShadowGX
+
+
KA: I finally have someone on my side of this case. We need to make a topic to argue about this in though.

ND: It's a damn good filler move for Scizor, unless you have my cheated one. xD Here is the set he has: Meteor Mash, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Silver Wind. now honestly, I don't want SD takin' up space when I can make him have any move I want. O.O Mwahahahahahahaha!!! I did have Aeroblast on him for a bit too.
Baby I like it.
TEAM KA LEADER Posted at: 04:13 Aug31 2006 Post ID: 1021022
TEAM KA LEADER
Forum GuestMember
+
+
SGX: We really should, shouldnt we? lol
N_D: Its Laughable already :P
Shot_calla: Yeah they are good, but only for NB ;)
nintendo_dude Posted at: 08:10 Aug31 2006 Post ID: 1021146
nintendo_dude
+
+
Shadow: If you replaced Rock Slide with Swords Dance your Scizor could kill pretty much anything that's not a pok�mon with the OT called Phoenix. If we had a battle, your Scizor vs mine, I would win. Swords Dance and SWEEP.

KA: True, but even more laughabler if that's actually a word, lol.

I'm finished here...

ShadowGX Posted at: 20:33 Aug31 2006 Post ID: 1022319
ShadowGX
+
+
ND: xD You go ahead an' SD up while I bash you around with a lil EQ or RS. Bein' of max EV's & IV's as well, mine has superior status without SD, so there is no need for it.

KA: Hellz yeah. xP ND would be all by his lonesome since Shotty doesn't come around all the time.

Shotty: As for yur argument, the only problem is the simple fact of time. In NB, stat uppers are okay since you seemingly have more time and need to use those moves. In- game there really isn't the need, even if you plan to fight yur friends. There just isn't the time for them an' it's harder to use them since common strategies aren't inlisted. An' Belly Drum sucks on Char. Dragon Dance for him= ownage.
Baby I like it.
TEAM KA LEADER Posted at: 00:12 Sep02 2006 Post ID: 1024288
TEAM KA LEADER
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Quote: Dragon Dance for him= ownage.

Agreed Smile

A little Earthquake and BOOM!, your dead :D
nintendo_dude Posted at: 04:34 Sep04 2006 Post ID: 1028814
nintendo_dude
+
+
On 31-Aug-2006 ShadowGX said:ND: xD You go ahead an' SD up while I bash you around with a lil EQ or RS. Bein' of max EV's & IV's as well, mine has superior status without SD, so there is no need for it.

KA: Hellz yeah. xP ND would be all by his lonesome since Shotty doesn't come around all the time.

Shotty: As for yur argument, the only problem is the simple fact of time. In NB, stat uppers are okay since you seemingly have more time and need to use those moves. In- game there really isn't the need, even if you plan to fight yur friends. There just isn't the time for them an' it's harder to use them since common strategies aren't inlisted. An' Belly Drum sucks on Char. Dragon Dance for him= ownage.
That means I'm better because I don't cheat Smile So tell me, do you cheat because you find the game too hard for you. Awwww......

I'm sure that Simple Theory, MasterMilotic, Shinny Zapdos, SS5 Vegito and many others that know more than I do will agree with me.

My friend once thought he was brilliant. I used to use his strategies, realised they were fecking bullshut, and then wiped out all of his pok�mon using a Mewtwo. He had all ubers too. I didn't even have Recover on my Mewtwo. I just Calm Minded a few times and killed everything. Killing everything with one pok�mon is so much fun. Want to know what my firend is like now? He thinks I'm excellent at battling and tries to copy me. Thankfully I have numerous strategies.

I'm finished here...

Displaying Page 32 of 38
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 36 | 37 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 213562

Post Top
Click to close