Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon LeafGreen

Team Rating Thread (In-Game and NetBattle)

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 6 of 30
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | ... | 28 | 29 | Last     Previous | Next
nintendo_dude Posted at: 04:24 Oct25 2005 Post ID: 486958
nintendo_dude
Post Likes: 1
+
+
GJS: I thought you'd have used an AR.

I'm finished here...

Special thanks to Yossy666 for the avatar and signature images.
GamerJustinShiel Posted at: 16:53 Oct25 2005 Post ID: 488074
GamerJustinShiel
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I used it also for Master Balls, cause with my Mewtwo, it has a SpA+ nature, but with the one from LG, I caught it with a Great Ball after an hour of trying, and it had a SpA- nature. So I turned off my GBA and caught it again, luckily this one had a SpA+ nature.

But with AR + Master Balls, I caught 3 Mewtwo's in 1 minute and got one with a SpA+ nature. AR RULES!!

>GJS<
"It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power." -Shadow "I still remember what I promised you, for the people of this planet. I promise you, REVENGE!" -
No one knows Shadow better than me. Or likes him more either. Go ahead, try me.
mattmanmatty Posted at: 22:44 Oct25 2005 Post ID: 488835
mattmanmatty
Forum GuestMember
+
+
hey fwank i thought that HP depend on how much evs u have
Supercheats Sucks
Fwank Posted at: 08:18 Oct26 2005 Post ID: 489209
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
+
no HP depends on IVs, individual values, these values are predetermined as soon as u have a poke (hatched/catched/blahz, much like natures) they have a minor influence on your stats (not as directli influencial as the EVs) poke with high IVs will have slightli higher stats than others ... HP depends on those, depending on a combination of the IV's on each stats...

straight forward: no, if you taught your poke HP it will stay that type forever, even if u make it forget about it and re-teach it after some EV training it'll stil be the same...
Blood_bomb Posted at: 10:13 Oct26 2005 Post ID: 489279
Blood_bomb
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I got leaf Green
kamehameha x100
nintendo_dude Posted at: 11:50 Oct26 2005 Post ID: 489394
nintendo_dude
+
+
That's nice, now how about posting something useful? (Directed to Blood_bomb).

I'm finished here...

SpiritGX Posted at: 12:50 Oct27 2005 Post ID: 491462
SpiritGX
+
+
On 26-Oct-2005 Blood_bomb said:I got leaf Green
Ya well I got Fire Red!!! Why am I here? Leafs are burnt by fire!!! Why? Leavin' now. Maybe. Okay, I lied. My brother has Leaf Green though. Rate his gay team! That sums it up pretty much... here ya go:

Charzard: Lv. 92 (no item)
Overheat
Earthquake
Flamethrower
Metal Claw

Nidoking: Lv. 46
Horn Attack
Brick Break
Posion Sting
Secret Power

Blastoise: Lv. 42
Water Pulse
Skull Bash
Brick Break
Secret Power

That's all I can think of for now. I tried to help him as best I could but he has zero TM's and is lacking all the good HM's 'cause he was givin a monster with Surf and Stregth. He has hardly any $$$ either.

-SGX
~SGX~
nintendo_dude Posted at: 05:07 Oct28 2005 Post ID: 492808
nintendo_dude
+
+
That's all he has? Hmm....

Charizard: Metal Claw sucks. Even if it's super effective it's weak. Drop it for Fire Blast and drop Overheat for Dragon Claw, Dragon Breath or Dragon Rage. Overheat sharply reduces SPA so it's a pretty pointless move.

Nidoking: rubbish. Where is Earthquake? And why the hell does he still have Poison Sting? He should drop this guy altogether.

Blastoise: not sure what to say about this one. He could use Surf and Earthquake. Brick Break isn't really needed. And it should learn Hydro Cannon soon so drop either Water Pulse for it.

He's obviously put all his training into his pretty ruined Charizard. His team could do with more pok�s too. 3/10.

I'm finished here...

mattmanmatty Posted at: 05:58 Oct28 2005 Post ID: 492873
mattmanmatty
Forum GuestMember
+
+
u cant really rate that its not really a team..
Supercheats Sucks
ShadowGX Posted at: 11:32 Oct28 2005 Post ID: 493431
ShadowGX
+
+
You can too rate it. I have a team with only five monsters. You don't need six to have a team.

By the way, Nidoking rocks. Mine kicks butt and is so far more relyable than my other monsters (except my Scizor, he pwns all but fire!).
Baby I like it.
mattmanmatty Posted at: 18:57 Oct29 2005 Post ID: 496429
mattmanmatty
Forum GuestMember
+
+
well u musnt be a competive trainer if u dont have a full team of 6... why dont u post ur team?
Supercheats Sucks
Bronco11 Posted at: 19:11 Oct29 2005 Post ID: 496458
Bronco11
+
+
On 27-Oct-2005 SpiritGX said:Ya well I got Fire Red!!! Why am I here? Leafs are burnt by fire!!! Why? Leavin' now. Maybe. Okay, I lied. My brother has Leaf Green though. Rate his gay team! That sums it up pretty much... here ya go:

Overheat
Earthquake
Flamethrower
Metal Claw

Horn Attack
Brick Break
Posion Sting
Secret Power

Water Pulse
Skull Bash
Brick Break
Secret Power

That's all I can think of for now. I tried to help him as best I could but he has zero TM's and is lacking all the good HM's 'cause he was givin a monster with Surf and Stregth. He has hardly any $$$ either.

-SGX
Charizard- Even In-game he sucks. Houndoom I've found to work very well.
Nidoking- Earthquake, Sludge Bomb, Thunder / Thunderbolt, Ice Beam. Blissey and skarmory don't like this, and Celebi will have a hard time switching in on an Ice Beam. =D
Blastoise- He really isn't that bad. In-game is fine. Just get rid of Skull Bash. THat's nasty on Blastoise. Secret Power sucks too. Use Hidden Power Grass/Electric, and Ice Beam.
nintendo_dude Posted at: 03:58 Oct30 2005 Post ID: 497203
nintendo_dude
+
+
SGX: yeah I like Nidoking.
Mattmanmatty: just because she doesn't have six pok�mon in her party it doesn't mean she isn't a competitive trainer. I never have six in my party until I have at least four gym badges.
Bronco: have you even trained a Charizard? He's the best of the three starters, the other two are equal. Just because he isn't good on most gyms it doesn't mean he's bad. You can easily get more to wipe out all the other gyms.

I'm finished here...

ShadowGX Posted at: 14:13 Oct30 2005 Post ID: 498241
ShadowGX
+
+
On 29-Oct-2005 mattmanmatty said:well u musnt be a competive trainer if u dont have a full team of 6... why dont u post ur team?
Maybe in Fire Red. Green is crap. i ain't got it so I don't post here. The people in Red are mean and don't rate fairly 'cause they hate competition. I might post it here. Not today though 'cause I'm short on time.

Charizard rocks butt to whoever says he doesn't. You just don't know a good monster when you see one. Houndoom is good too but he ain't got the skillz to beat Charizard.
Baby I like it.
ShadowGX Posted at: 14:16 Oct30 2005 Post ID: 498248
ShadowGX
+
+
On 29-Oct-2005 Bronco11 said:Charizard- Even In-game he sucks. Houndoom I've found to work very well.
Nidoking- Earthquake, Sludge Bomb, Thunder / Thunderbolt, Ice Beam. Blissey and skarmory don't like this, and Celebi will have a hard time switching in on an Ice Beam. =D
Blastoise- He really isn't that bad. In-game is fine. Just get rid of Skull Bash. THat's nasty on Blastoise. Secret Power sucks too. Use Hidden Power Grass/Electric, and Ice Beam.
You first of all do not put sp. attack moves on Nidoking. He's a physical blaster, sp. attack is crap. I tried to get Earthquake on him but he wouldn't learn it. If he does what level did I miss it and if he doesn't, how do I get it without TM?
Baby I like it.
Fwank Posted at: 06:30 Oct31 2005 Post ID: 499343
Fwank
+
+
naw, on NB that's pretty brilliant, even though you'd better use it on a poke like mew or something, but stil, EQ/sludge bomb gets stab =P kills off blissey faster... then skarm comes in and eats a bolt XD it duzn't matter if it aint stabbed, 2 bolts and down goes skarm XD not sure if ppl would switch to celebi but if they did they'd eat a beam =S ... (the worst that could happen = u IB skarm... neutral, but stil does damage but duzn't drop, now u'll have hard time predicting opponents next move... but yeah... strictly on NB... where skarm-bliss are as common as flies... (and feel like flies too, damn annoying)

i'd imagine bronco was refering to zard's moveset... otherwise, zard's actuali kinda hard to use on NB =S even bellyzard's crap coz it's so ... obvious... sub breakers (especiali rock blasting ones) bring it down so fast (more than often, OHKO... well more like 5HKO but u onli use rock blast once...) N E WAI, well there are better things than charizard in the 386 play... that's all, it's mediocre at best; it's more effective MS's takes a bit of setting up, and it aint all that powerful despite the set up... (btw houndoom > charizard, flash fire is easier to use than blaze + if u switch in on a fire atk it actuali takes no damage, unlike zard who takes like 1/4 and an ironic message says it wasn't effective... all that + the fact that houndoom dozn't have a common 4X weakness...)

meh, bronco's just expressin opinion, there isn't an absolute rule saying you shouldn't given physical pokes special attacks... i onli tell others to do that coz i know for a fact that they have no~ idea wtf they're doing...
ShadowGX Posted at: 10:54 Oct31 2005 Post ID: 499489
ShadowGX
+
+
If you're only goin' on fire moves, yea Char would get wupped. I'm sayin' give Char Earthquake. The Hound screams like a hyena and dies. Bye bye!
Baby I like it.
nintendo_dude Posted at: 10:56 Oct31 2005 Post ID: 499492
nintendo_dude
+
+
Fwank: I know there are better pok�mon than Charizard.
ShadowGX: I don't see much of a difference between FR and LG exept that FR has slightly better pok�mon. I only bought LG over FR because, for some reason, it was cheaper.

I'm finished here...

GamerJustinShiel Posted at: 20:31 Oct31 2005 Post ID: 500007
GamerJustinShiel
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 27-Oct-2005 SpiritGX said:Ya well I got Fire Red!!! Why am I here? Leafs are burnt by fire!!! Why? Leavin' now. Maybe. Okay, I lied. My brother has Leaf Green though. Rate his gay team! That sums it up pretty much... here ya go:

Overheat
Earthquake
Flamethrower
Metal Claw

Horn Attack
Brick Break
Posion Sting
Secret Power

Water Pulse
Skull Bash
Brick Break
Secret Power

-SGX
The ideal in-game movesets would be:

Charizard: either

Blast Burn
Flamethrower
then either aerial ace/dragon claw/earthquake/iron tail

OR

Flamethrower
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Aerial Ace

Blastiose
Hydro Cannon
Surf
then maybe EQ/Light Screen/Ice Beam/or Hydro Pump

Nidoking
EQ
Mega Horn
Sludge Bomb
any elemental for pokes like skarm or other flying/poison or steel types

That's off the top of my head

>GJS<
"It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power." -Shadow "I still remember what I promised you, for the people of this planet. I promise you, REVENGE!" -
No one knows Shadow better than me. Or likes him more either. Go ahead, try me.
Fwank Posted at: 22:45 Oct31 2005 Post ID: 500116
Fwank
+
+
haha, u dun need to give a damn about skarm n wat ever in game... first of all u wun encounter wild ones, 2nd of all, the ones built in game aren't all that scari and evil (but yes, nidokings don't stay in with skarm, unless they've got 4th atk) u can CB with a set like that tho =P

urgh, speaking of in-game, i just got pwned by my bro again -_-" this time was coz i rock blasted his raging granbull... man to make it worse i hit all 5 rock blasts, maxeds his atk straight away >< nyooooo

btw, in-game u dun exactli have to have n e stratergy, just stay levels above your opponents, u could quad stab n stil pwn with something not very effective, =S since u've got like 100+ more stats than they do...
Displaying Page 6 of 30
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | ... | 28 | 29 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 213562

Post Top
Click to close