Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Ruby

Talk about regis...

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 07:17 Feb10 2007 Post ID: 1355492
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
+
There are simple counters for all the regi's, a decent fire type could take out ice and steel with it's hands tied behind it's back and a paper bag over its head, and a decent water or grass could pawn regirock, and they can't do anything about it. Oh, and their speed more than sucks, it's down below hell, it stinks and nearly every pokemon could out speed them.

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Fwank Posted at: 00:23 Feb11 2007 Post ID: 1358423
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
+
"decent fire attack can take out ice and steel" erm, maybe steel? but i'm pretty darn sure ice won't even budge @_@...

and this is exactli like saying "electrict attacks own skarm" and they litereali do, but it doesn't deny the fact that skarm absoluteli dominates the physical walling arena

not to mention it takes 2 bolts to take down skarm: it takes more than 2 fire attacks to take down ice (hit 2 fire blasts maybe? but whos leaves the poke in if they know it's gona get owned next turn...) same goes for steel, while you're right about rock, but it's fairly simple to switch out on predicted attacks... non-stab attacks can't take the regis down (even if they're effective) in under 3 turns

well, it depends on how you use them i guess, i'm aware of the potential of the regis and am confident in making them succeed, but i'm more than justified in saying "you're wrong" with your arguments thus far, i've already mentioned speed means jack all -_-" (everything outspeeds snorlax, when has that ever mattered...)
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 09:23 Feb11 2007 Post ID: 1358848
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
Speed means much more than jack, the ability to get the first strike in every round could make the differance in a battle.

Actually, Fighting types would kick ice's *** more than fire, since Regice is more suited to defend against special attacks than regular attacks, so Fighting > Regice, Fire/ ground > Registeel, water/ grass > regirock so yeah, there are simple counters to all the regi's and nothing they can do about it.

Volke Posted at: 11:10 Feb11 2007 Post ID: 1359214
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
+
Yes, what you say is true, but anyone with half a brain would know to switch out their Regice if a Fight type pok�mon was sent out against it.
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 11:24 Feb11 2007 Post ID: 1359269
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
Then you switch out another pokemon and save your fighting type for when it's their last pokemon.

Volke Posted at: 11:25 Feb11 2007 Post ID: 1359273
Volke
Executioner
+
+
But what if the other pok�mon starts eating away the rest, therefore forcing you to use the Fight type pok�mon. This is a common occurance (or was back when I used to use Netbattle)>
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 11:29 Feb11 2007 Post ID: 1359291
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
Then you fight off their pokemon with your other 5 -_-

cyber_john3000 Posted at: 14:22 Feb11 2007 Post ID: 1359893
cyber_john3000
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Ice is weak again againt's fire....Charizard with these move set's are enough to beat all three.

Flamethrower
Earthquake
Aerial Ace
Dragon Claw/Hidden Power

Just A Bullet For My Valentine

[center]Special Thanks To Dark_Wolf_33 For The Great Sig
Fwank Posted at: 00:36 Feb12 2007 Post ID: 1361669
Fwank
+
+
wtf? are you srs? i know for a fact that rock AND ice OHKO zard while zard cannot (and it's alot easier to argue the regis will do better if you just come up with a moveset specificali for them... that zard can't survive other pokes anyway let alone the regis...)

attacking first does mean jack if all you care about is attacking, it's the basis of subing and statusing, and speed is nullified with paralysis -_-" which is why imo it's an overrated stat unless you have extremely high offensive stats and the movepool to use it (the onli poke that fits that description: ledgendaries and dragons, and the regis are notorious psychups

srsli, if you're trying to argue the regi's are crap "becoz u don't like them" that's different, in theory AND in practice, they're a heck of a lot better than you give them credit for, there ARE extremely effective counters against them, but what you said aren't really good, i'll agree with a good argument if i see one, til then tho

"no"
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 05:46 Feb12 2007 Post ID: 1361783
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
Their counters are SIMPLE! Use a special sweeper against regirock, his special defence is crap, use a physical sweeper against regice, because his regular defence is crap, and if you can hit Registeel with a few earthquakes, he'll fall like one of the twin towers.

Fwank Posted at: 11:18 Feb12 2007 Post ID: 1362039
Fwank
+
+
read the last word of my previous post

*to shorten my post*

if i am to agree with you, i'll be indirectli agreeing with the conclusion "blissey/snorlax/swampert/tyranitar/herracross/skarmory/gengar/insert good pokemon widely recognised by the pokemon community, are all crap since they have simple counters"

so, no, i disagree, but you're entitled to your opinion of the regi's being not useful in your teams, while i'll be fine with using them and liking them
cyber_john3000 Posted at: 14:31 Feb12 2007 Post ID: 1362501
cyber_john3000
+
+
I guess your rigth fwank....i can't argue anymore....i don't dislike the regi's and i never studied their EV's and all so i don't know their capabilities..plus many people think theu are crap...so i go along and telling they are crap aswell...

Just A Bullet For My Valentine

[center]Special Thanks To Dark_Wolf_33 For The Great Sig
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 16:40 Feb12 2007 Post ID: 1362897
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
On 12-Feb-2007 Fwank said:read the last word of my previous post

*to shorten my post*

if i am to agree with you, i'll be indirectli agreeing with the conclusion "blissey/snorlax/swampert/tyranitar/herracross/skarmory/gengar/insert good pokemon widely recognised by the pokemon community, are all crap since they have simple counters"

so, no, i disagree, but you're entitled to your opinion of the regi's being not useful in your teams, while i'll be fine with using them and liking them
No, you're not getting my point, the regi's are all set in stane about one thing, for ice, it's special, for rock, it's phyisical, and Steel is defensive, and they're just not very flexible.

Fwank Posted at: 23:03 Feb12 2007 Post ID: 1364062
Fwank
+
+
john: well... one could do with less ignorance of the kind you've just demonstrated... but not like no one's done it before

loony: name one pokemon that exels in more than 2 particular stats

for arguments sake: they can CB, they can curse, they can stall too, clear body psych ups isn't the onli thing they do better than others

blissey can onli stall or support

skarm can onli spike and phaze

if you don't know how to use them =/= they're crap, i don't know how to use predict with focus punch, doesn't mean it's crap

(it's very hard not to sound arrogant when the counter arguments aren't backed by rational thought)
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 05:19 Feb13 2007 Post ID: 1364196
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
Easy, Sceptile, He's great at Attack, Special Attack, and Speed

Jirachi X Posted at: 05:34 Feb13 2007 Post ID: 1364201
Jirachi X
Post Likes: 2
+
+
Physical Attack my @$$ -_-'
I'm gone - bye
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 08:03 Feb13 2007 Post ID: 1364422
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
check his stats, his attack skill is above average.

Fwank Posted at: 08:41 Feb13 2007 Post ID: 1364548
Fwank
+
+
recall that: my argument was that the regis needed their glaring weaknesses in order to be balanced, hence having a weakness doesn't negate their effectivness... following this reasoning you should immediateli realise something... like a trend

*my post got too long again, let me shorten it*

slaking, stats are imba, truant restores balance

sableye, movepool and typing are imba, stats are rubbish to compensate

shedinja, wonderguard is imba, 1hp restores balance

you need balance, if the regis had better stats than they have now, they'd be broken to the extent that every team would have them

as a side note, i dun recall any poke that exels in more than 2 stats, i don't intend on looking for one either
Volke Posted at: 13:25 Feb13 2007 Post ID: 1364965
Volke
Executioner
+
+
On 13-Feb-2007 imaloony8.0 said:Easy, Sceptile, He's great at Attack, Special Attack, and Speed
Didn't we go over this before? Just because his Attack is above average (not a great deal above average either) it doesn't mean he excels in that stat. He should be carrying a Special set or doing some stalling.
BeN_b! Posted at: 14:47 Feb13 2007 Post ID: 1365273
BeN_b!
Forum GuestMember
+
+
This thread has left me rofling for about ten minutes.

Fwank, all I can say is atleast there is stil someone here with common sense.

Imaloony, I can't believe how iggnorant you are, your not right so I think you should take some advice from the people that know what they are talking about.

Regice will not, I repeat not be OHKO by any move, Physical or Special unless it's a Critical Hit STABed Cross Chop, or a CB Rock Slide, but you wouldn't leave it in aginst them anyway.

Same as above wth Regirock, he will not be OHKO by any Special move except a Critcal Hit STABBed Surf or a small chance of Leaf Blade.

Regice and Regirock may both excel at one defensive aspect but there other defense is also above average. Neither of them will bo OHKO'd when in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing.

Registeel aswell, nothing will OHKO him except a boosted Earthquake or Blazed Fire Blast. Registeel has very good stats in each defnse and pretty much laugh at anything that hasn't set up.
Displaying Page 2 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close