Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Ruby

Talk about regis...

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
Fwank Posted at: 00:18 Feb14 2007 Post ID: 1366684
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
+
^ harsh... i was meerly trying to explain my reasoning... not trying to introduce a regi fetish...
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 05:22 Feb14 2007 Post ID: 1366850
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
+
I believe the word you're looking for it 'arrogant' and no i'm not. I have my right to an oppinion and my right to defend it thank you very much.

and there are so many other better steel, ice, and rock pokemonthan these guys, they're just side legendaries that fall into the background when compared with real legendaries.

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
Jirachi X Posted at: 05:27 Feb14 2007 Post ID: 1366857
Jirachi X
Post Likes: 2
+
+
The only legendaries that fall behind are Entei, Mew, Moltes, and Articuno, the Regis are far infront of them.
I'm gone - bye
Fwank Posted at: 08:59 Feb14 2007 Post ID: 1367136
Fwank
+
+
i was talking to ben incase u were replying to me...

notice this isn't a matter of making u like something u dislike; this is more a matter of making you realise they're not what you think they are... and as for your new arguments:

regice says: "anything they can do i can do better"

regirock says: "i don't take hits like a baby"

registeel says: "you're comparing me with tier 1 pokemon, don't be mean"

fyi... the onli things that measure up to regice are lapras/walrein, who can stall just as well if not better than regice (much harder to kill) but ice can do major damage, as opposed to lapras and walrein being able to survive but not being able to do much else

the onli rock type that shines more than regirock imo are aero and rhydon, one's a CB monster and one's a sub101 user, but they're limited to those roles in order to be effective, where as rock can also CB, can't create 101subs but duzn't need them (Since it outstalls)

... registeel is being compared to the monsters of pokemon, its onli saving grace is that it's the one steel type who can take special attacks and it has clear body psych up (but realli, no one said steel's good, he's onli good in 200 play)
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 10:27 Feb14 2007 Post ID: 1367327
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
Nope. I was talking to Ben too.

Metagross > Registeel, Metagross IS a monster of a pokemon, as you said, and it pretty much out classes steel in everything, it even has the same pokemon power.

Lapras > Regice, as you said, but it's more than just stalling, Lapras has that extra water type which expands its movepool and makes it much more useful

And I can't say much about the regirock argument, since I don't have experience with Rhydon or aerodactol.

Volke Posted at: 11:43 Feb14 2007 Post ID: 1367517
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
+
The Regis are legendaries so they are real legendaries...

Disliking something out of petty spite is pure idiocity...
Fwank Posted at: 11:52 Feb14 2007 Post ID: 1367551
Fwank
+
+
if anything the extra water typing onli gave it 2 extra weaknesses, lappy also has worse stats than ice, that paired with extra elec/grass weakness is dodgy

actuali i need to take back what i've said about lappy > ice, lappy has alot of HP to boot against blissey but ice uses lappy's set better than he can... =S that doubles for walrein too, altho i must say ice has no way of phazing something (but it has psych up to cover stat boosts, fancy that)

... you were the one who said there are better rock types than regirock... the onli one i know of is tyranitar, who happens to be a tier 1 monster

note: metagross and tyranitar beats almost anything, you can't say a poke is crap just coz they can beat them; those 2 (along with other tier 1 pokes) can beat the majority of the 386, save a handful that're often calibrated especially against them

*edit: btw, i didn't bother mentioning this before, but the regis can counter... and i think i need to cut registeel some slack, i almost forgot clear body psych up + steel type = gg... i was wondering why its stats were so awkward...

*edit2: volke did you just say idiotcITY?

« Last edited by Fwank on Feb 14th 2007 »
Volke Posted at: 12:45 Feb14 2007 Post ID: 1367737
Volke
Executioner
+
+
On 14-Feb-2007 Fwank said:if anything the extra water typing onli gave it 2 extra weaknesses, lappy also has worse stats than ice, that paired with extra elec/grass weakness is dodgy

actuali i need to take back what i've said about lappy > ice, lappy has alot of HP to boot against blissey but ice uses lappy's set better than he can... =S that doubles for walrein too, altho i must say ice has no way of phazing something (but it has psych up to cover stat boosts, fancy that)

... you were the one who said there are better rock types than regirock... the onli one i know of is tyranitar, who happens to be a tier 1 monster

note: metagross and tyranitar beats almost anything, you can't say a poke is crap just coz they can beat them; those 2 (along with other tier 1 pokes) can beat the majority of the 386, save a handful that're often calibrated especially against them

*edit: btw, i didn't bother mentioning this before, but the regis can counter... and i think i need to cut registeel some slack, i almost forgot clear body psych up + steel type = gg... i was wondering why its stats were so awkward...

*edit2: volke did you just say idiotcITY?
Yeah, said that. Wasn't referring to your posts though. You most certainly know what you're talking about.
BeN_b! Posted at: 13:50 Feb14 2007 Post ID: 1367894
BeN_b!
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Imaloony I know what I said and I meant Ignorant, let me explain...

ig�no�rant
?adjective
1. lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
2. lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.

You lack the knowledge that the Regi's are some of the most used (bar Steel but he is common) and most effective Regi's. I never said you weren't aloud your opinion, I was just merely stating mine with afew facts to back it up. :D

And Fwank, I may sound kind of harsh as I kind of fell out of all of my forum community things, again, and I've had to deal with people going 'OMG mi Mootoo is goona pwn ur Regice's a$$.' for absolutly ages. So yeah, I kind of lost my whole social thingy.

And Imaloony comparing Metagross to Registeel doesn't really work because they both have totally different roles, Registeel is there to soak up alot of hits and wait for his Toxic to start killing you, whereas Meta is there to knock you down as fast as he can out of fear of being KO'd himself.

Also I would definetly say Regice > Lappy, yes Lapras has higher HP, but I think thats it. Regice can take hits better on both sides of there barriar and can deal more damage aswell.

The only Reason I use Regirock anymore though is to counter CurseLax, in the presence of CurseRock Snorlax can do nothing, even if he does have Earthquake.
Fwank Posted at: 22:56 Feb14 2007 Post ID: 1369522
Fwank
+
+
no volke i mean, idiocity? i was under the impression that it's idiocy? (it's english, i dunno wtf i'm on about wen i'm on about ingrish

and ben: fair enough, but not like he duzn't know, no need to be so dismisal bout it...
Volke Posted at: 13:49 Feb15 2007 Post ID: 1370401
Volke
Executioner
+
+
On 14-Feb-2007 Fwank said:no volke i mean, idiocity? i was under the impression that it's idiocy? (it's english, i dunno wtf i'm on about wen i'm on about ingrish

and ben: fair enough, but not like he duzn't know, no need to be so dismisal bout it...
It can actually spelt in both ways. At least, it can in Ireland and Wales.
BeN_b! Posted at: 14:59 Feb16 2007 Post ID: 1372915
BeN_b!
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
It can be spelt like that? Are you entirely sure, because if you could there I'm sure you could in England aswell...
Volke Posted at: 10:06 Feb17 2007 Post ID: 1375621
Volke
Executioner
+
+
On 16-Feb-2007 BeN_b! said:It can be spelt like that? Are you entirely sure, because if you could there I'm sure you could in England aswell...
Positive. In both countries, no English teacher ever corrected my spelling with anything. Idiocy is quicker to write though.

Anyway, it appears we've drifted off topic.
Fwank Posted at: 11:09 Feb17 2007 Post ID: 1375751
Fwank
+
+
i'd like to say the regis will significantli increase in usefulness in D/P but that's half off topic

(not to mention overshadowed by pokes who just looks more pleasing to the eye)
Volke Posted at: 11:11 Feb17 2007 Post ID: 1375757
Volke
Executioner
+
+
The new Regi looks great too. Just look at that base 160 Attack power.
Fwank Posted at: 11:22 Feb17 2007 Post ID: 1375791
Fwank
+
+
nice ability too, slowstart

i wonder if that means if i brought gigas in against that rock head pokemon with that ability to nullify the opponent's special ability, that means i start off with a whopping 160 atk and 100 spd @_@?

(again, double battle abusive)
Volke Posted at: 11:31 Feb17 2007 Post ID: 1375815
Volke
Executioner
+
+
On 17-Feb-2007 Fwank said:nice ability too, slowstart

i wonder if that means if i brought gigas in against that rock head pokemon with that ability to nullify the opponent's special ability, that means i start off with a whopping 160 atk and 100 spd @_@?

(again, double battle abusive)
Oh yeah, didn't realise that. What a bullcrap ability.

That would be great. I suppose Regigigas could try to stall for the first few turns otherwise, he has the defences to do it. If only it learnt Swords Dance it could use the time to Sub and Dance then kill everything.
Fwank Posted at: 14:45 Feb17 2007 Post ID: 1376372
Fwank
+
+
i'm glad it doesn't dude, that's broken beyond words

i'm seeing sleep/talk/facade/(fire/ice/thunder)punch

wonder how many turns are "a few turns"
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 06:03 Feb18 2007 Post ID: 1377863
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
A NEW Regi is being introduced in Diamond and Pearl? tsk, I think it'd be stupid to introduce a new member of a legendary family after they've made their appearance (How tacky would it look if they came out with a new member for the Articuno/ Zapdos/ Moltres family?)

Fwank Posted at: 06:27 Feb18 2007 Post ID: 1377873
Fwank
+
+
erm... those were called lugia and ho-oh...
Displaying Page 3 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close