Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Town Guards...what a bunch of retards

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
norbie007 Posted at: 15:21 Aug15 2007 Post ID: 1842100
norbie007
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Yeah, you know that's a man right? lol

Courtesy of Lycanthrope

Proudly paired with: Blazin Torchic- No longer. He is banned.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
luke999 Posted at: 11:07 Aug16 2007 Post ID: 1844330
luke999
Forum GuestMember
+
+
The guards are funny cause today i attacked one and ran into the mages guild and the mages guild people killed the guards lol.But since i took garridans tears from the case skriiva died hehe.
superblobby Posted at: 05:31 Aug17 2007 Post ID: 1846873
superblobby
Please Don't Stop The Banter
Post Likes: 21
+
+
On 15-Aug-2007 norbie007 said:Yeah, you know that's a man right? lol
Sittin' on the chair?

Didn't really pay attention to be honest.
England; time setters for the entire world.
superblobby Posted at: 05:32 Aug17 2007 Post ID: 1846874
superblobby
+
+
I don't get having Mages kill guards makes the guards funny...

I'm lost.
norbie007 Posted at: 16:06 Aug17 2007 Post ID: 1848167
norbie007
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Blbby you know not to double post. I know what you were doing though. Just put quotes in your posts please.

Courtesy of Lycanthrope

Yukimura Posted at: 00:37 Aug19 2007 Post ID: 1851693
Yukimura
Forum GuestMember
+
+
yea the guards are completely useless they kill people over bread

sig thanks to danzx
Demonsbayne Posted at: 17:20 Aug19 2007 Post ID: 1853569
Demonsbayne
+
+
I find it amazing that the guards always seem to magically know whenever you do something illegal... And it is rather unfortunate that you can't just kill them all.....
norbie007 Posted at: 18:01 Aug19 2007 Post ID: 1853690
norbie007
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Well it says in the little booklet thing that they are smart. That's right, I read it. It is someting like, the Legal system is very proficient in Oblivion.

Courtesy of Lycanthrope

Al-Khabir Posted at: 07:25 Aug20 2007 Post ID: 1855128
Al-Khabir
+
+
Proficient enough for all of them to be Psychic it seems...

Actually, there is a PC mod to solve this but thats just it, PC.

« Last edited by Al-Khabir on Aug 22nd 2007 »
superblobby Posted at: 13:12 Aug23 2007 Post ID: 1866106
superblobby
+
+
On 17-Aug-2007 norbie007 said:Blbby you know not to double post. I know what you were doing though. Just put quotes in your posts please.
I quoted the first post, quit spamming. XD

I agree, Town Guards are 'tards.
god of all cheaters Posted at: 21:17 Aug24 2007 Post ID: 1871117
god of all cheaters
Forum GuestMember
+
+
GAURDS SUCK!!! Your right, now how the hell do they know you stole a potato? like come on bethesda! Can you do a little better? I found TES4O crap! TES3M was alot better in my opinion the gaurds were slightly more realistic and alot more reasons. Hears a few.
1. In Morrowind you could acually get every piece of armour!, L pauldren, R gauntlet. Ect.
2. In Morrowind you could sleep in anyones bed, I got kill some old lady in a farm in the middle of nowhere, I try to sleep in her bed and it says "you cannot sleep in owned beds" im sitting here saying what the hell? you dont see a magic barrier over my friends bed if I go and sleep in it?
3. 50% of the people you cant kill! I mean I kill someone and it displays "this person is unconcious" Again, what the hell? If someone got mauled by a bear or something in real life and they were important they wouldnt be unconcious. They should atleast have an option to turn it off!
Sorry for getting off topic! But I think Bethesda is getting extremely lazy with there games latley.
norbie007 Posted at: 03:38 Aug25 2007 Post ID: 1871567
norbie007
Forum GuestMember
+
+
First of all, please do not curse this is a family site. Second, the you still get the same amount of armor in Oblivion but you don't have to go everywhere to find the pauldrons when you have the cuirass. Besides, with REAL armor the pauldron in usually connected to the cuirass and not a seperate piece. I don't see how the bed thing is a big deal to you but whatever. And, so what if they get knocked unconsious. They probably did this so that the player would not have to restart from the last save point if they killed an important character. I think that they don't die was an improvement. Also, you overaxagerated, it is not even close to 50% of the people that you can kill. You can kill almost anybody.

Courtesy of Lycanthrope

god of all cheaters Posted at: 12:17 Aug25 2007 Post ID: 1872391
god of all cheaters
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 25-Aug-2007 norbie007 said:First of all, please do not curse this is a family site. Second, the you still get the same amount of armor in Oblivion but you don't have to go everywhere to find the pauldrons when you have the cuirass. Besides, with REAL armor the pauldron in usually connected to the cuirass and not a seperate piece. I don't see how the bed thing is a big deal to you but whatever. And, so what if they get knocked unconsious. They probably did this so that the player would not have to restart from the last save point if they killed an important character. I think that they don't die was an improvement. Also, you overaxagerated, it is not even close to 50% of the people that you can kill. You can kill almost anybody.
Sorry for the swearing, I dunno I kinda like morrowind better, but thats just my opinion. Oblivion is just to different but still Oblivion is an exelent game, Its alright exept for the retarded gaurds thing.

Edit: oh yea if this is a family site, then why do you have pictures of half naked girls with it saying "Interested in meeting her?" Now explain that, how can this be a family site if im seeing that filth?

« Last edited by god of all cheaters on Aug 25th 2007 »
Al-Khabir Posted at: 13:29 Aug26 2007 Post ID: 1875785
Al-Khabir
+
+
I agree that Morrowind did have a lot of freedom, I think they should combine the graphics of Oblivion with Morrowind's ideas, options, people and places. What I hated is that there were some sets of armor incomplete, e.g. the dragonscale armor thats just on its own. And technically, with all that under 13 stuff, I doubt this is a family site.
Crack Head Posted at: 02:06 Aug27 2007 Post ID: 1877974
Crack Head
+
+
I dont get how if u kill a guard in like the road along Kavatch/Anvil then i travel to Imperial City a guard would run up to me and be like STOP RIGHT THERE MO FO ! and im like Dammnit!Brick Wall

« Last edited by Crack Head on Aug 27th 2007 »
god of all cheaters Posted at: 20:57 Aug27 2007 Post ID: 1880337
god of all cheaters
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Ok that brings this thread up to this:

Oblivion Pro's:
Way better graphics.
Fighting is more realistic.
Players talk, so you dont have to read.
Dark brotherhood is joinable.
You can be a vampire.

Oblivion Con's:
Gaurds are weirdly smart.
Cannot sleep in any beds.
Some NPC's, (even ones not in quests) are not killable.
Less armour.
Gaurds, unjoinble.
No wolverines.

Morrowind Pro's:
Sweet armour, and a wide variety of it.
Gaurds joinable.
Wolverine, beable.
No restrictions on beds/killing.
Placing things down is alot easier.
More skills to learn, (instead of just swords, shortswords and longswords).

Morrowind Con's
Dark brotherhood trys to kill you.
Gaurds a little bit too stupid.
No fast travel.
No plains of Oblivion.

Im sure there are many many more, just mention them in your post and ill edit into this. Also, I would like TES V to be realeased so it has all the provinces. Morrowind and everything, and as you explore all the provinces you see different cultures and stuff. Also it should be fresh from the start of TES like having to kill the king of worms from the second one I think it was. Also the world of TES would be yours to create, if your a brave warrior and save lots of people the world would be much better place and more peacefull. Or if you chose to be an evil person destroying towns, then you could burn villages and be feared by everyone. So this one instead of going by someone elses storyline, you can alter the storyline.

« Last edited by god of all cheaters on Sep 3rd 2007 »
Crack Head Posted at: 01:48 Aug28 2007 Post ID: 1880879
Crack Head
+
+
that would be nice to experience dagerfall with sweet graphics and like cross bows and throwing stars or daggers (which ever was in morrowind) it would be cool to vist and every dark brother hood shrines and to have kavatch restored exspansions already installed i defenitly pay 150 for it Thumbs Up
Crack Head Posted at: 01:51 Aug28 2007 Post ID: 1880882
Crack Head
+
+
and how do you become a moderator
Al-Khabir Posted at: 04:47 Sep02 2007 Post ID: 1893298
Al-Khabir
+
+
God, there is third person on Morrowind.
Crack Head, not by double posting, that's for sure. Well at the moment, there are no places for mods here, it would say at the top. You have to have 30 posts in that forum I think and be here for at least a month.
fablelord Posted at: 17:20 Sep03 2007 Post ID: 1896985
fablelord
+
+
The guards are ok I guess. What I hate though is when you have to quests that put you in jail and when you break out the guards after you. I also hate it when you try to kill the captain of the guard or an important guard figure they don't die so you can't loot them.
Murphy's Law: It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close