Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Homosexuality Debates

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 10 of 38
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | ... | 36 | 37 | Last     Previous | Next
The King hustla Posted: 19:45 Dec14 2008 Post ID: 2500447
The King hustla
Post Likes: 0
+
I don't see it being too similar. On one hand, you have an entire race degraded, enslaved, and disgarded. Who fought and died for equality. the civil rights movement wasn't only about black people, it was about all people. I never remember hearing anyone using firehoses and dogs and tear gas at a gay pride parade. I'm not trying to say that there fight isn't important, its just a totally different thing. Civil rights was global. It changed the world. No one ever said you can't vote cause your gay. Or you have to use the "gays only" water fountain. I never heard of a "jim gay law". But I have heard of jim crow laws. Yeah, the gay rights is a big thing, but no where near the same as the civil rights movement.

Thanx to FenixPhoenix for making me a great avy and sig!! Smile
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Blacklist1 Posted: 20:24 Dec14 2008 Post ID: 2500492
Blacklist1
+
So the civil rights change globally right? Well that happened what 50 years ago? And we are now just getting around to things evening out and going on, with still racial discrimination. I can't tell you how many jobs my dad has been cut out of because he's black. And so what if they express their "Gay Pride" by having floats and all that good stuff? At least their entertaing when the protest, However, it might hurt their seriousness. And think, people are split apart by the gay rights and straight rights from the bible viewpoint. And we aren't going to get over that just by sitting there. the civil rights movemnet cause changed and inspired people. The gay rights movement might inspire people in china for all we know. Get the message out and inspire people. That's what is going on. Gay Preists made it in. So why not have equal standards for all around the U.S? THe world?

Credit for sig/avy goes to Tbug.

[center] [size=13]Click My Signature![/center]
Blacklist1 Posted: 12:19 Dec22 2008 Post ID: 2504301
Blacklist1
+
Yeah Okay. One I hate that video.

Two I get wehre you going but seriously, a music video about a girl?

Credit for sig/avy goes to Tbug.

[center] [size=13]Click My Signature![/center]
BreakingMyOwnHeart Posted: 21:14 Jan10 2009 Post ID: 2517616
BreakingMyOwnH
eart
+
On 14-Dec-2008 Blacklist1 said:So the civil rights change globally right? Well that happened what 50 years ago? And we are now just getting around to things evening out and going on, with still racial discrimination. I can't tell you how many jobs my dad has been cut out of because he's black. And so what if they express their "Gay Pride" by having floats and all that good stuff? At least their entertaing when the protest, However, it might hurt their seriousness. And think, people are split apart by the gay rights and straight rights from the bible viewpoint. And we aren't going to get over that just by sitting there. the civil rights movemnet cause changed and inspired people. The gay rights movement might inspire people in china for all we know. Get the message out and inspire people. That's what is going on. Gay Preists made it in. So why not have equal standards for all around the U.S? THe world?
i agree with everythign in this post

The discrimination is working the same on a lower scale as the racism against blacks. both ways they are very important things. Gays shouldnt be treated the way that we are, same as blacks shouldnt have been are alot still are.
I try over and over but when i find someoen worth the time then we part ways never to speak or see each other again. it breaks my heart time after tiem and yet i cant end it. One day i will end the suffering i cause myself and others.
breakingmyownheart@(hotmail).com
Graphics Universe Request Shop
Oddball Posted: 22:34 Jan24 2009 Post ID: 2529284
Oddball
+
On 14-Dec-2008 The King hustla said:I don't see it being too similar. On one hand, you have an entire race degraded, enslaved, and disgarded. Who fought and died for equality. the civil rights movement wasn't only about black people, it was about all people. I never remember hearing anyone using firehoses and dogs and tear gas at a gay pride parade. I'm not trying to say that there fight isn't important, its just a totally different thing. Civil rights was global. It changed the world. No one ever said you can't vote cause your gay. Or you have to use the "gays only" water fountain. I never heard of a "jim gay law". But I have heard of jim crow laws. Yeah, the gay rights is a big thing, but no where near the same as the civil rights movement.
I beg to differ. I mean the civil rights movement was more recent but 2000 years ago you could be stoned for being gay. And according to the bible God wiped out an entire city just because it was a city full of gays. I think that you can't get more unfair than that.
Check out my video blog at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxVKEWusSAk
rate_me Posted: 07:16 Jan27 2009 Post ID: 2530714
rate_me
Post Likes: 2
+
On 24-Jan-2009 Oddball said:I beg to differ. I mean the civil rights movement was more recent but 2000 years ago you could be stoned for being gay. And according to the bible God wiped out an entire city just because it was a city full of gays. I think that you can't get more unfair than that.
In ancient Greece bisexuality was encouraged, and that was roughly 2000 years ago. And what do you mean unfair? In the preceeding chapter, God promises Lot that he will not destroy Sodom as long as there are 10 righteous people out of thousands. The problem is, there were fewer than ten people who did not sin, and it was destroyed. And when it says, "Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire" in Jude 1:7, strange flesh is kind of vague. It could mean that they had sex with strangers, sex outside of marriage (which is breaking the sixth commandment), or maybe even bestiality. Depending on your translation of the Bible, it isn't explicitly stated to be homosexuality. It's also possible that it is a metaphore for something else. It could have also been a volcano, or the oil rich ground in the area could have caused a massive fire which destroyed the town, and then said fire could be attributed to God, just as most ancient religions believed disasters were caused by disgruntled dieties. You need to look at it from a non-literalist point of view to find the meaning of Biblical stories.

Sig by roadkillman997

Battle guide last updated July 22

New account is _amo_
Craizen Posted: 16:49 Feb02 2009 Post ID: 2534443
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
On 24-Jan-2009 Oddball said:I beg to differ. I mean the civil rights movement was more recent but 2000 years ago you could be stoned for being gay. And according to the bible God wiped out an entire city just because it was a city full of gays. I think that you can't get more unfair than that.
He blinded them in one count.

he also wiped out a whole city for all around sexual immorality. Not just gay. And besides, the greeks had relationships between men. And you didn't get killed.
Catharsis Posted: 17:10 Feb03 2009 Post ID: 2535493
Catharsis
One thought fills immensity.
+
On 02-Feb-2009 Craizen said:He blinded them in one count.

he also wiped out a whole city for all around sexual immorality. Not just gay. And besides, the greeks had relationships between men. And you didn't get killed.
"he also wiped out a whole city for all around sexual immorality"

Because God loves us all, and he's a forgiving sort of guy, really? Or so the Christians who are trying to convert me would have me believe, anyway...

So do you believe that homosexuality is wrong? And if you do, then why?

Signature and avatar made by Master Volthawk.
Email/MSN: empyrean decadence at hotmail dot com (Remove all spaces)

"Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius." - William Blake.

Winner of Member Brawl '09. Finally cleared out enough sig space to include that.
Craizen Posted: 17:50 Feb03 2009 Post ID: 2535575
Craizen
A'ight
+
No I don't. I'm all in let the body get what it wants in this case. If you ain't gonna be happy with the opposite sex because your attracted to the other, go for it.

God is forgiving to a point. He has limits, just like any person would.
g33k Posted: 10:30 Feb22 2009 Post ID: 2553827
g33k
Mr. Lurker
+
On 21-Feb-2009 Starkiller3 said:it kind of offends me when you say "just like any person"
because God isnt just a person
No base for your claim. Not proper grammar. Added no new point.

Post deleted.
Are you ready to meet GOD?

Thanks for the Avy goes to Tank! Sig by me.
Emiliano Zapata said:It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!

Clicking this is bad for your brains.
Starkiller3 Posted: 23:28 Mar07 2009 Post ID: 2566852
Starkiller3
+
For those people who want Bible proof (eg Oddball)
-Leviticus 18:22
-Leviticus 20:13
-1 Corinthians 6:9
-1 Timothy 1:10

Sig by me avy by Namek

I accept this award, knowing that none of you did anything to help me
~Hugh Grant
g33k Posted: 23:56 Mar07 2009 Post ID: 2566934
g33k
Mr. Lurker
+
On 07-Mar-2009 Starkiller3 said:For those people who want Bible proof (eg Oddball)
-Leviticus 18:22
-Leviticus 20:13
-1 Corinthians 6:9
-1 Timothy 1:10
You are adding something new to this debate? Umm no...

Edit your post to add a little bit more please.
Are you ready to meet GOD?

Thanks for the Avy goes to Tank! Sig by me.
Emiliano Zapata said:It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!

Clicking this is bad for your brains.
Craizen Posted: 18:24 Mar09 2009 Post ID: 2568406
Craizen
A'ight
+
Leviticus 18:22 "You must not lie down with a male the same as you lie down with a female. It is a detestable thing."

Leviticus 20:13 " And when a man lies down with a male the same as one lies down with a woman, both of them have done a detestable thing. They should be put to death without fail. Their own blood is upon them."

1 Corinthians 6:9 "What! Do you not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulteress, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men."

1 Timothy 1:10 " fornicators, men who lie with males...and whatever other thing in opposition to the healthful teaching."

Very good points and scriptures. All very clear proof among the various condemnations of the homosexuality in the bible. However, you do have the Gay priests that seem to say as long you do everything else, you can be gay and God will love you. So very contradicting right?
City of Wonder Posted: 02:22 Apr10 2009 Post ID: 2595037
City of Wonder
+
I believe homosexuality is a born trait, like many have stated in previous pages. I also believe that homosexuality can be a choice if you call having sex with members of the same gender homosexuality. There's a difference, to me, between being attracted to members of the same sex and engaging in sexual activity with the same sex. You may engage in (voluntary or involuntary) acts of homosexual intercourse, but that does not make you homosexual. However, being attracted to members of the opposite sex (even without engaging in these types of activities) does make you a homosexual.

If homosexuality is a born trait, it cannot be classified as "unnatural", can it? There's been no proof it being a born trait or a learned trait, but it is probably a mixture of both in some cases. I believe that you can be born, perhaps, bisexual, and then develop into being homosexual (or heterosexual). I also believe that it may be possible to be born strictly homosexual or strictly heterosexual. I don't feel the need to discriminate against others due to their sexual orientation, or, for that matter, their appearance, religion, or race.

The Bible says that if a man lies with another man they should be killed. However, there are many ways to take this. Of course there's the meaning that "being gay is wrong", but what about other meanings? Perhaps the writers of this part of the Bible felt that since there were so few people, any of them not going to reproduce (such as homosexuals) were a waste during that period. Maybe it means that you can be homosexual, but engaging in those activities is morally wrong. No one exactly knows, of course.
MSN: [email protected]

His Royal Highness Utterly Awesome CoW I, who rules over the City of Wonder, posted the last message of 2009 and is now known as Mootilator.
rate_me Posted: 16:35 Apr10 2009 Post ID: 2595407
rate_me
+
On 10-Apr-2009 City of Wonder said:I believe homosexuality is a born trait, like many have stated in previous pages. I also believe that homosexuality can be a choice if you call having sex with members of the same gender homosexuality. There's a difference, to me, between being attracted to members of the same sex and engaging in sexual activity with the same sex. You may engage in (voluntary or involuntary) acts of homosexual intercourse, but that does not make you homosexual. However, being attracted to members of the opposite sex (even without engaging in these types of activities) does make you a homosexual.

If homosexuality is a born trait, it cannot be classified as "unnatural", can it? There's been no proof it being a born trait or a learned trait, but it is probably a mixture of both in some cases. I believe that you can be born, perhaps, bisexual, and then develop into being homosexual (or heterosexual). I also believe that it may be possible to be born strictly homosexual or strictly heterosexual. I don't feel the need to discriminate against others due to their sexual orientation, or, for that matter, their appearance, religion, or race.

The Bible says that if a man lies with another man they should be killed. However, there are many ways to take this. Of course there's the meaning that "being gay is wrong", but what about other meanings? Perhaps the writers of this part of the Bible felt that since there were so few people, any of them not going to reproduce (such as homosexuals) were a waste during that period. Maybe it means that you can be homosexual, but engaging in those activities is morally wrong. No one exactly knows, of course.
It is my understanding that the Church does not care if you're gay, just that you don't act upon it. I agree that your interpretation is plausible, and I think that this is one of the first cases in this debate where somebody other than me has provided an arguement based on a contexual interpretation.Thumbs Up

Sig by roadkillman997

New account is _amo_
City of Wonder Posted: 01:20 Apr11 2009 Post ID: 2595906
City of Wonder
+
Well, it really depends on which church. There are so many different Christian denominations (the primary ones being Catholic and Protestant, but there are also Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, Anglican, and Church of the Nazarene, among others), so it really depends on which one you follow (or if follow one at all). Many believe that simply being homosexual is a sin and is deemed having "unclean thoughts", which you must repent for. According to some of these Christian churches, engaging in homosexual activities (willingly, not rape) is enough to send someone "to burn in the lake of fire for all eternity".

His Royal Highness Utterly Awesome CoW I, who rules over the City of Wonder, posted the last message of 2009 and is now known as Mootilator.
Craizen Posted: 12:26 Apr11 2009 Post ID: 2596138
Craizen
A'ight
+
Yep. Even though you don't literally burn. It's just means eternal death. No resurrection.

Church's condemn it, gay rights activists fight back. They say it's wrong. They say it's right. It's a never ending loop. Who knows how it will turn out.
City of Wonder Posted: 17:12 Apr14 2009 Post ID: 2599066
City of Wonder
+
Actually, some churches do believe that it means "burn". Well, eternal suffering, anyway. Forever's a long time.

While you're right that no one knows how it will eventually end up, most of us all hope that eventually people will stop fighting about it. I also believe the majority agrees with the "gay rights activists" rather than the religious groups that condemn homosexuality.

rate_me Posted: 21:31 Apr14 2009 Post ID: 2599333
rate_me
+
On 14-Apr-2009 City of Wonder said:Actually, some churches do believe that it means "burn". Well, eternal suffering, anyway. Forever's a long time.

While you're right that no one knows how it will eventually end up, most of us all hope that eventually people will stop fighting about it. I also believe the majority agrees with the "gay rights activists" rather than the religious groups that condemn homosexuality.
It isn't just religious groups. Some people don't believe that homosexual couples deserve the tax benefits and other things like that which heterosexual marriages recieve.

Sig by roadkillman997

New account is _amo_
Craizen Posted: 18:25 Apr15 2009 Post ID: 2600010
Craizen
A'ight
+
Why? They are married aren't they? That's discrimintaion. It's unconstitutional. It shouldn't and wouldn't be allowed. No matter how hard someone fights for it. It's wrong. They deserve the same rights. It's just one more reason they are trying to create to stop and or discourage gay marriage. It's sickening.
Displaying Page 10 of 38
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | ... | 36 | 37 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close