Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

UFC/MMA

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 8 of 22
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | ... | 20 | 21 | Last     Previous | Next
Zelda Fan Posted: 04:22 Jan08 2010 Post ID: 2784053
Zelda Fan
Post Likes: 4
+
There was a time I use to play hockey yes, and I was rather good. But I just couldn't keep up with it anymore, I hated always being on the road.

And shadowstriker if the guy is knocked out then the ref will step in, but if not then no, if the guy is laying there not defending himself but is not knocked out, the ref will not stop it, basiclly there is no such thing as TKO.

I would never join the UFC, considering the fact that Dana White disrespects a lot of fighters, if anything id go to Strikeforce.

« Last edited by Zelda Fan on Jan 8th 2010 »

gotta love brizilian jiu jutsu!!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 09:37 Jan08 2010 Post ID: 2784117
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
When do you think you will turn professional or do you just participate because you enjoy the sport? What sort of money would a fighter just starting out expect to make in his first fight?

Zelda Fan Posted: 14:08 Jan08 2010 Post ID: 2784192
Zelda Fan
+
It really depends, I have a friend who just recently got signed to the UFC, his name is TJ Grant, and he got about 10 grand for a fight, but you also got to look at knock out of the night, and submission of the night, if you get that award then you pocket even more money, my buddy got knock out of the night at the BJ Penn UFC Event that just went by, and he got 65 grand for it.

As for me I don't believe I would, I love the sport yes, haha but I'm already making a lot of money lol. But I`m still young, so you never know whats going to happen in the future.

« Last edited by Zelda Fan on Jan 8th 2010 »

ShadowStriker64 Posted: 00:50 Jan10 2010 Post ID: 2784944
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
Post Likes: 3
+
i guess its up to me to say

Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Paciuo or however you spell it has been cancelled...yes cancelled.

yea i think you should go strikeforce too.

-Less Cringey Stuff here -

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

Zelda Fan Posted: 01:47 Jan10 2010 Post ID: 2784971
Zelda Fan
+
I lost respect for Mayweather, accusing Manny for doing drugs, in my opinion he said that just to look for a way out of the fight.

Sanzano Posted: 01:58 Jan11 2010 Post ID: 2785519
Sanzano
+
You could be right, I think Mayweather knew there's a good possibility that he could lose the fight and was getting his excuses ready. It's a shame as I was looking forward to the fight of the two best pound for pound Boxers of the last ten years.

Zelda Fan, just wondering, what do you do for a living?

Zelda Fan Posted: 02:02 Jan11 2010 Post ID: 2785520
Zelda Fan
+
I'm currently teaching Brizilian Jiu Jutsu at George St Pierre's camp.

« Last edited by Zelda Fan on Jan 11th 2010 »

ShadowStriker64 Posted: 03:53 Jan11 2010 Post ID: 2785541
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
+
awesome so do you meet other UFC fighters?

When i'm older i'm planning to do either Brazillian Jiu Jutsu or Judo.

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

Zelda Fan Posted: 05:52 Jan11 2010 Post ID: 2785579
Zelda Fan
+
I have met a lot of UFC fighters, such as Georges St Pierre, Patrick Cote, Anderson Silva, Thales Leites, Mauricio Rua, and so on, I have met a lot haha Smile

I like Judo, I know some what Judo, but not really that great at it haha, I wanna learn it though, someday, but who needs it when you got Brizilian Jiu Jutsu :P

« Last edited by Zelda Fan on Jan 11th 2010 »

Sanzano Posted: 01:25 Jan12 2010 Post ID: 2785953
Sanzano
+
In England there's not much money in teaching martial arts unless you are famous and have a large school, most of the people who do it do it because they enjoy it and not for financial reasons.

Zelda Fan, how good is Anderson Silva?

Zelda Fan Posted: 01:45 Jan12 2010 Post ID: 2785958
Zelda Fan
+
Mixed Martial Arts is big where I live, the UFC Welterweight Champion lives in my home town.

Anderson Silva is really good, he has the best percentage in the UFC of the most stikes, he is considered the best pound for pound fighter in the world, but he still has not faught George St Pierre, and intil he does, and if he beats him, then I will also consider him the best pound for pound fighter, intil then I don't.

ShadowStriker64 Posted: 01:59 Jan12 2010 Post ID: 2785967
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
+
you should set it up.

that would be a great match. Anderson vs George.

over her MMA isnt big as well.

Zelda Fan Posted: 02:05 Jan12 2010 Post ID: 2785968
Zelda Fan
+
I wish I could set it up, but I can't see it happening, its a dream match, its a match that everyone wants to see, but the UFC is just to stupid to realize it.

Sanzano Posted: 00:16 Jan13 2010 Post ID: 2786510
Sanzano
+
What is preventing the match from taking place and if it did happen how do you think the fight would go?

ShadowStriker64 Posted: 17:31 Jan13 2010 Post ID: 2786803
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
+
i think it would start off wit hsilva getting in a few big moves then george gets back and either KO or submits silva.

I assume UFc has other plans for them as they work the way up the ladder.

Zelda Fan Posted: 23:59 Jan13 2010 Post ID: 2786949
Zelda Fan
+
I can't really give you an answer on whats perventing the match up, perhaps Dana White is just trying to drag it out as long as he can, hes a good promoter, but I can't see it happening anytime soon, afther Georges match up with Dan Hardy, he might leave the UFC and give up his title, the reason for this is because he wants to train for the 2012 Olympic Games on Canadas whrestling team.

In this fight I can see Georges coming out on top, Silva has the best percentage of punches landed, but he's never been taken to the ground, and George has the best take downs perhaps in MMA, and he's one of the best whrestlers in the world, he only had to fight on his back once and that was against Thaigo Alves, but he showed he can work from on his back, George dominated one of the best Brizilian Jiu Jutsu fighters in the game on the ground, that as in BJ Penn, so I can see George taking Silva down and ending it with the ground and pound.

Sanzano Posted: 01:38 Jan14 2010 Post ID: 2786961
Sanzano
+
I thought to compete in the Olympics as a wrestler you had do be an amateur, surely George St Pierre would be classified as a professional fighter as he got paid for fighting? Why does he want to wrestle in the Olympics, most young athletes use the Olympics to make a name for themselves before they turn professional not the other way around.

Zelda Fan Posted: 01:55 Jan14 2010 Post ID: 2786965
Zelda Fan
+
In my opinion he's doing it to test himself, to see if he is the best at whrestling, and the olympics is the perfect test, the olympics are bigger then MMA, its an event that only happens every four years, and countries from all around the world participate in this huge event, what not a better way to prove yourself right? if anything this will make him better when he returns to the ring.

ShadowStriker64 Posted: 02:24 Jan14 2010 Post ID: 2786967
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
+
I agree with Zelda Fan.Its the perfect proving ground.

So Zelda Fan you said george is your mentor right?so does he like tutor you with the moves etc or do you have someone else?

Zelda Fan Posted: 02:34 Jan14 2010 Post ID: 2786972
Zelda Fan
+
No he doesn't really, I pretty much know my own stuff, but we have sparred a few times, when he is home we will work over a few things, but other then that I got my own style.

« Last edited by Zelda Fan on Jan 14th 2010 »

Displaying Page 8 of 22
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | ... | 20 | 21 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close