Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Keep the story going.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 55 of 66
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | ... | 64 | 65 | Last     Previous | Next
CrypticWizard Posted: 16:02 Jun19 2016 Post ID: 3413119
CrypticWizard
Most Cryptic Of All Wizards
Post Likes: 226
+
Meanwhile, Laura had arrived at her destination; a tall, windowless white building. She entered through the building's one door into a room which contained seven doors, each a different colour. A sign in the middle of the room stated the the colour of the door was a clue as to what lay behind it. The colours were red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet.

« Last edited by CrypticWizard on Jun 19th 2016 »
I want my old avatar back...
I wonder if anyone will bother trying to read what this says.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 19:35 Jun19 2016 Post ID: 3413154
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
It was simple which door to go through here; the blue one. A sign clearly stated "Pick all doors except blue", and this was false as you can only pick one door; you cannot go back. In the next room there was a table of delicacies.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
CrypticWizard Posted: 11:31 Jun20 2016 Post ID: 3413201
CrypticWizard
+
All of them were dyed blue (hence the blue door), since there are almost no blue foods (blueberries are not actually blue, but purple). Laura was about to sample a few of the blue doughnuts but something on the table that wasn't food caught her eye.
Matt77 Posted: 03:16 Jun23 2016 Post ID: 3413433
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
It was an apple. The thing was, this apple was dyed blue of course, but without its dye (Laura removes it) it is shiny red; much shinier than a normal apple. This was a perfect apple.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

CrypticWizard Posted: 10:51 Jun23 2016 Post ID: 3413450
CrypticWizard
+
But it was too perfect to be a real apple. It was made of metal, with a plastic stem. There was a small, almost invisible catch on the bottom, and when Laura touched it, the apple that wasn't an apple did something very unapplelike.
Matt77 Posted: 18:59 Jun23 2016 Post ID: 3413494
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
It turned into an orange. An orange door then appeared.

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 12:16 Jun24 2016 Post ID: 3413533
CrypticWizard
+
But the orange door was locked. Laura examined the door closely. It had a door handle, but no visible keyhole. So how was she meant to open this door? She tried tapping it with the fake orange, but nothing happened. Then she noticed some faint writing on the fake orange.
Matt77 Posted: 03:39 Jun25 2016 Post ID: 3413595
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
It said for her to simply kick down the door.
How did I not think of that? she thought.
Now that she could pass, she noticed a flight of stairs round the corner of the hallway she was now in.

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 18:25 Jun27 2016 Post ID: 3413843
CrypticWizard
+
She rounded the corner and saw the the stairs went up only five steps and ended at a wall. Investigating the wall proved that it was exactly as it seemed--there was so secret door or hidden passage. She went back down and turned the corner, but the door she had entered through was gone, and something else was in its place.
Matt77 Posted: 06:45 Jun28 2016 Post ID: 3413893
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
A blue portal. She stuck her hand in it, and when she took it out it had maggots and ants all over it! It seemed she had two options; live in this hallway/staircase until she runs out of food and drink or go through to the bug-filled land.

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 11:58 Jun28 2016 Post ID: 3413915
CrypticWizard
+
But she had always liked bugs, so she stepped through the portal without a moment's hesitation. As it happened, the land wasn't bug-filled--there just happened to be some where the portal opened. As for the portal, it closed after she went through, so now she was stuck in this new world. It seemed familiar, somehow, though. It wasn't Orgon or Earth, but a place she had been before.

« Last edited by CrypticWizard on Jun 30th 2016 »
Matt77 Posted: 19:31 Jun30 2016 Post ID: 3414119
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
It was the planet of Sykasko. Sykasko is an ancient planet ruled by strange, but friendly creatures. They have the head of a horse, and the rest looks human. They cannot speak, but they can understand every language in the known universe.

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 21:06 Jun30 2016 Post ID: 3414128
CrypticWizard
+
Laura thought to herself Oh, no, an older story is creeping into this one. She had heard about this thing before from her friend Natasha. But how was she to stop this from happening? She thought hard, and then came up with a brilliant plan to stop the stories from overlapping.
Matt77 Posted: 02:48 Jul01 2016 Post ID: 3414142
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
She then remembered that there were two planets called Sykasko. The one not mentioned here was from an old story book, but the new one was new.

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 22:09 Jul01 2016 Post ID: 3414214
CrypticWizard
+
She walked around the surface of Sykasko, which didn't take long since it was smaller than Pluto. That killed about fifteen minutes, now what was she going to do? Then she remembered the arcade she had passed three doors down. She loved video games, so she headed in that direction.
Matt77 Posted: 01:16 Jul02 2016 Post ID: 3414219
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Unfortunately it only had Smoking Kong on it; a game similar to Donkey Kong only he smoked so he doesn't care about doing anything. She checked her bag and found a copy of Donkey Kong and inserted it into the arcade (you can do that on this planet). While she enjoyed playing it (it was one of her childhood favourites) the horse-headed people gathered around and seemed interested in it. They took it in turns playing and loved it, creating a planet-wide sensation. Sykasko's government thanked her with a small payment of 5 million Orgon tokens (valued at 2 million USD).

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 12:17 Jul02 2016 Post ID: 3414228
CrypticWizard
+
The only problem with that was that they were only legal tender on Orgon, and she wasn't there, and the Sykaskan didn't have any way to get her there. They hadn't developed space travel yet because all their technology was video games. Laura walked deeper into the arcade and saw a game title "The Adventures Of Laura Westerman."

« Last edited by CrypticWizard on Jul 2nd 2016 »
Matt77 Posted: 20:26 Jul02 2016 Post ID: 3414238
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
"Blech what an awful last name to have", she said to herself. She always liked her last name of Ploom.
She sat down and played it and discovered it was an awful game as well, so she sold it to the man downstairs in exchange for a inter-planetary portal. This device was banned on Sykasko, but since Laura only wanted to get home with her 5 million tokens she used it. When she came out of the portal, she noticed something.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jul 4th 2016 »

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 12:29 Jul04 2016 Post ID: 3414342
CrypticWizard
+
It was an earlier post in the story of her life that established her last name as Westerman. The game she had played on Sykasko was about her, but they had never paid her for the use of her name or her likeness in the game. And since Sykasko was a different planet, she had no legal recourse. But there was one thing she could do.

« Last edited by CrypticWizard on Jul 4th 2016 »
Matt77 Posted: 21:31 Jul04 2016 Post ID: 3414362
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Return to Orgon and Skype Sykasko's government from there. And to her delight, she has stepped out into Orgon in the present day from the portal. But first she'd have to catch a bus. Busses were different on Orgon. VERY different.

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 55 of 66
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | ... | 64 | 65 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close